Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hostage situation in the ATL as we speak

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    ok, tell you what.

Go get your gun, walk down the street, take a hostage, then, when police officers CALMLY try to talk you out, start firing shots at them, and demand how they shold not be allowed to use deadly force. Let me know how that turns out.

For someone that claims to know the law, this is pretty bad of you to even try to argue, but I assume you are just trolling.

AHEM

Firing a weapon is deadly force, deadly force is allowed to be used by officers. Case closed.

EDIT: also, only 1 shot was fired by the officer, WHO WAS SHOT IN THE FUCKING ARM while entering the room. Dude ENTERED THE ROOM, WAS SHOT, AND THEN RETURNED 1 SHOT AND KILLED THE SUSPECT.

NO OTHER OFFICERS FIRED ANY BULLETS.

DESERVED TO DIE
    I can't say that that situation would end well, because I'm not at the end of my rope. No one knows what he was thinking, and no one will ever know, because dead men tell no tales. That's the point Im trying to make.

I'm not claiming that they're not allowed to use deadly force. I'm simply commenting on the rather unsettling "acceptance" of extrajudiciary sentencing in this case. Like its a great thing the cops killed him. It's really not.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Guy fired a loaded weapon on the police? What's not to accept?
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Bitches love bacon.

Geoff, I do understand where you are coming from though because human life is valuable but in a situation like this the suspect brought it on himself. He voluntarily took five people hostage at gunpoint, made ransom demands, and in the end paid the ultimate price with his life when things turned south. As a medic, I swore to oath to do no harm but at the same time I won't take any shit and will defend myself and others to my fullest extent.
    Bitches love bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    No one knows what he was thinking, and no one will ever know, because dead men tell no tales. That's the point Im trying to make.
    This insinuates that the cops acted illegally, DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES is a phrase used to advocate for killing someone so as to hide the details because if the real story came out, it may not be favorable.

This is simply NOT the case and there is no "blood lusting" going on.

Shit happens to people EVERY MOTHERFUCKING day. doesnt excuse the behavior this guy displayed. He didnt need to be coddled, he made a choice, and that choice was to kidnap and hold hostage 4 Medics/Firefighters to try and get his power turned back on, his cell phone put back on, and he lied to do it. After all that, he fired shots at a Officer after hours of a stand off, and wounded the officer.

Officer had every right to shoot back.

Furthermore, i think its disgusting you are making excuses for a criminal who shot an officer of the law who was carrying out his duty and job and then question the manner in which he provides that protection. What did you want the cop to do?
    "Excuse me, please stop shooting at me, so we can calmly talk about this, forget the fact you just shot me in the arm and are clearly not in control of your actions".

Next time you get mugged, ask the mugger to stop politely
    Or
    Next time someone you know gets raped, just tell them "man all you had to do was ask them to stop politely"

I really think youre just trolling at this point.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Geoff, I do understand where you are coming from.
    That's all I'm looking for.

My mission was to change the tone of the the thread from bloodthirsty, to "hey, there's two sides of this".

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

This insinuates that the cops acted illegally, DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES is a phrase used to advocate for killing someone so as to hide the details because if the real story came out, it may not be favorable.

This is simply NOT the case and there is no "blood lusting" going on.

Shit happens to people EVERY MOTHERFUCKING day. doesnt excuse the behavior this guy displayed. He didnt need to be coddled, he made a choice, and that choice was to kidnap and hold hostage 4 Medics/Firefighters to try and get his power turned back on, his cell phone put back on, and he lied to do it. After all that, he fired shots at a Officer after hours of a stand off, and wounded the officer.

Officer had every right to shoot back.

Furthermore, i think its disgusting you are making excuses for a criminal who shot an officer of the law who was carrying out his duty and job and then question the manner in which he provides that protection. What did you want the cop to do?
    "Excuse me, please stop shooting at me, so we can calmly talk about this, forget the fact you just shot me in the arm and are clearly not in control of your actions".

Next time you get mugged, ask the mugger to stop politely
    Or
    Next time someone you know gets raped, just tell them "man all you had to do was ask them to stop politely"

I really think youre just trolling at this point.
    Facepalm. All of this.

Nothing you said was insinuated by me, unless you took it that way.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Other SWAT members set off a stun blast to distract Brown and stormed the house. Brown opened fire on the first officer as he entered the bedroom. The man was hit in the left arm by one of the shots, but managed to return fire, killing Brown. Before Brown fired, police told him to drop his weapon, Walters said.
    Read more: Georgia gunman who held firefighters hostage in home identified as Lauren Brown - NY Daily News

So either the criminal goes down, or the hostages, the real victims, get killed. Id rather the gunmen go down.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

My mission was to change the tone of the the thread from bloodthirsty, to "hey, there's two sides of this".
    what two sides? Theres not two sides.

An evil person was shot and killed, his actions dictated he was going to die.

/thread

Unless this is the republicans fault somehow
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Being bloodthirsty is part of being human especially in this day in age. An officer's goal is to remove all parties involved from danger; in this case the objective was likely obtain hostages and secure the suspect with neutralization being a potential factor. Given the circumstances, the officers did what had to be done to preserve further life and limb.
    Bitches love bacon.

what two sides? Theres not two sides.
    You could kill him, or you could not kill him

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

You could kill him, or you could not kill him
    When you use deadly force, there is no other option. When you open fire on a police officer, there is no other choice. You defend yourself, or you die.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Dude took 5 people who were summoned to his home because he called 911. These people responded because he called for help. Fuck him, I'm glad he is dead. He was a shit bag and decided to travel the path of a shit bag. May he burn in hell or what ever form of after life he believed in. They should hang him in the town square and make a fucking example of him so copy cats don't get bright ideas. I can't wait for Obama to come parade them around during a press conference.....
    Try not. Do or Do not.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Yep.... two sides to it... and apparently a bullet went in one side and came out the other. Glad the fire fighters and police are ok.

Do you share the same empathy for the victims of these?

how about this guy? how do you feel about him being killed? i assume there's two sides of that story too..... but our president is too busy campaigning.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by eraser4g63 View Post
    Dude took 5 people who were summoned to his home because he called 911. These people responded because he called for help. Fuck him, I'm glad he is dead. He was a shit bag and decided to travel the path of a shit bag. May he burn in hell or what ever form of after life he believed in. They should hang him in the town square and make a fucking example of him so copy cats don't get bright ideas. I can't wait for Obama to come parade them around during a press conference.....
    Hopefully he will get impeached for its all said done, that way america can have some of it's dignity back.

Islander

I'm not claiming that they're not allowed to use deadly force. I'm simply commenting on the rather unsettling "acceptance" of extrajudiciary sentencing in this case. Like its a great thing the cops killed him. It's really not.
    FUCK YEA it's a great thing the cops killed him BEFORE he had the chance to hurt anyone else. He made his choice. And he has to live, and die with that choice.

Tell you what. What if when he fired at the cop, wounding him, they just backed off, regrouped outside and he decided to kill all 4 firefighters? Or what if they didn't even attempt to break into the house, and just let time run out, then have him kill those 4 firefighters and then himself? Is this a better option for you?

The guy was unstable, and armed. Negotiations failed. WHAT THE FUCK ELSE did you want them to do??

They also didn't go in gun blazing. They only killed him when he decided to make the choice to fire at the police officer. If he was capable of doing that, that tells me he had no problem offing off everyone including himself. Guy was ready to go.
    I got free clear tails with my ride.....

Quote Originally Posted by ISAtlanta300 View Post
    FUCK YEA it's a great thing the cops killed him BEFORE he had the chance to hurt anyone else. He made his choice. And he has to live, and die with that choice.

Tell you what. What if when he fired at the cop, wounding him, they just backed off, regrouped outside and he decided to kill all 4 firefighters? Or what if they didn't even attempt to break into the house, and just let time run out, then have him kill those 4 firefighters and then himself? Is this a better option for you?

The guy was unstable, and armed. Negotiations failed. WHAT THE FUCK ELSE did you want them to do?
    Who the fuck here was suggesting the cops backed off?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Islander

Who the fuck here was suggesting the cops backed off?
    Then what did you want to see happen, oh enlightened one. Enlighten us with your genius. What would you have done, as an officer.

Then what did you want to see happen, oh enlightened one. Enlighten us with your genius. What would you have done, as an officer.
    Did you bother reading the rest of the thread?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Islander

Did you bother reading the rest of the thread?
    Yes, I did. Did you? Other than spouting out bleeding heart liberal banter, I haven't seen you offer any other suggestion that "oh the poor man, they killed the poor man, he was someone's son"

So your point is we should have hugged and cuddled him and say, "don't worry. everything will be all right. Let's sing"??

Here, let me refresh your memory.

"So he didnt kill anyone, but he deserved to die? I'm just trying to figure out how the bloodlust in this thread is not a knee-jerk reaction...."

and

" I have a hard time believing a group of highly trained guerrila officers, full of marksmen with bulletproof suits and helmets had ZERO options other than to kill him. Surely he could have been disarmed or incapacitated. "

And yet,

"that I have more regard for human life ." " Is it too terribly difficult to keep in mind that guy was someone's son? What about the fact that up until a police officer shot him, he was only guilty of false imprisonment, and attempted murder, neither of which carry a death sentence on their own. "

Look, they didn't go there to kill the man. But he wasn't cooperating. What else did you want them to do??? When someone is putting innocent lives in danger, the priority is to save those innocent lives AT ALL COST.

So again, what would you have done, as an officer in that situation, given all the facts how it played out? turn the cable on? pay his bills?

So you read the thread, you just didnt understand everything?

When you use cliches like "bleeding heart liberal", its hard for me to take you seriously as someone who can make their own educated opinions, instead of mimicking the hive mind.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Islander

So you read the thread, you just didnt understand everything?

When you use cliches like "bleeding heart liberal", its hard for me to take you seriously as someone who can make their own educated opinions, instead of mimicking the hive mind.

I'm done with you. Instead of answering the question you pussyfoot around the issue. I gave you a chance, well two chances (I asked you twice) to show me your side of the coin and instead you pick apart 'cliche's' and "oh I can't take your seriously". You sit on the sidelines and spew off nonsense, but then coward back in your hole when asked to explain or elaborate on your point of view. I can't take YOU seriously. Sorry.

I'm done with you. Instead of answering the question you pussyfoot around the issue. I gave you a chance, well two chances (I asked you twice) to show me your side of the coin and instead you pick apart 'cliche's' and "oh I can't take your seriously". You sit on the sidelines and spew off nonsense, but then coward back in your hole when asked to explain or elaborate on your point of view. I can't take YOU seriously. Sorry.
    I'm not answering it again after I already answered it once, to which you quoted. Learn reading comprehension, or go somewhere else where grown men aren't talking.

When you're an idiot, you fucking do it BIG.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Islander

I'm not answering it again after I already answered it once, to which you quoted. Learn reading comprehension, or go somewhere else where grown men aren't talking.

When you're an idiot, you fucking do it BIG.
    Wow.....way to go. You just proved your intellectual capacity. Point proven. Adios.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12