Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Gay Marriage debate.

I always say "WHO FUCKING CARES"

IF it were to change right now today, it wouldn't change one damn thing involving our own lives.
    www.MSSRACING.com - 99 Civic CX - Best ET: 9.53 / Best MPH: 160 - Competition Clutch - Arias Pistons - Coatings M.D. - Mahle-Clevite - ebtec - AHobbs Racing - JKOBD - TDC Performance
    Daily D: 2007 Dodge 2500 MEGA CAB, Cummins Turbo Diesel

The supreme court looks like it will agree with me. Strike down DOMA, let states decide individually what to recognize because marriage is not a civil right and sexual orientation is not the same as race or gender.

/discussion
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    How is it possible to post so much false information so consistently? It's as if you are literally Fox News. I'll be back to you when you can recognize on your own the straw man arguments you keep supporting your position with. Who was even talking about LUGs anyway? How was that even relevant to the conversation?

"What are your thoughts on the economic stability of the Middle East region?"

"MY TOAST TASTES LIKE TURTLES"

"Thank you, David"

All of my information is factual and has supporting documentation that I have provided. You are unable to disprove these facts.

You asked for facts and I gave them to you. I asked for facts and you did not provide anything other than your own opinion which has no value except to yourself.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by SPOOLIN View Post
    I always say "WHO FUCKING CARES"

IF it were to change right now today, it wouldn't change one damn thing involving our own lives.
    Gay people care and they do not want to follow the established legal process.

As long as they follow the rules, the outcome doesn't matter to me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    The supreme court looks like it will agree with me. Strike down DOMA, let states decide individually what to recognize because marriage is not a civil right and sexual orientation is not the same as race or gender.

/discussion
    So when Chief Justice Earl Warren wrote in his majority opinion that "marriage is a civil right", what does that mean to you? Or did he not write that? Just trying to figure this out...

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    Gay people care and they do not want to follow the established legal process.
    Strauss v. Horton

Perry v. Swarzenegger

Perry v. Brown

Court of appeals

What part of the "established legal process" are we missing again? Seems like you don't understand law better than me. Lol

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

So when Chief Justice Earl Warren wrote in his majority opinion that "marriage is a civil right", what does that mean to you? Or did he not write that? Just trying to figure this out...

Judges in 13 other cases stated that it was actually a fundamental right. You already know that though, right? Of course, judges write their opinion the way that they see fit.

Here are 12 of them:

Maynard v. Hill, 125 U.S. 190 (1888)
    Meyer v. Nebraska, 262 U.S. 390 (1923)
    Griswold v. Connecticut, 381 U.S. 479 (1965)
    Boddie v. Connecticut, 401 U.S. 371 (1971)
    Cleveland Board of Education v. LaFleur, 414 U.S. 632 (1974)
    Moore v. City of East Cleveland, 431 U.S. 494 (1977)
    Carey v. Population Services International, 431 U.S. 678 (1977)
    Zablocki v. Redhail, 434 U.S. 374 (1978)
    Turner v. Safley, 482 U.S. 78 (1987)
    M.L.B. v. S.L.J., 519 U.S. 102 (1996)
    Lawrence v. Texas, 539 U.S. 558 (2003)

Oh, and ... Loving v. Virginia, 388 U.S. 1 (1967) “The freedom to marry has long been recognized as one of the vital personal rights essential to the orderly pursuit of happiness by free men.”

If anything, this is the best argument that you could make - combine the 14th amendment, the pursuit of happiness, and claim the spirit of the law is to allow gay people to marry.
    The real solution is to have Congress legislate an Amendment.

Oh yeah, Judge Warren is gay - he has no possible bias, does he?
    Last edited by David88vert; 03-31-2013 at 11:53 AM.

Perry v. Swarzenegger

Perry v. Brown

Court of appeals

What part of the "established legal process" are we missing again? Seems like you don't understand law better than me. Lol
    That is for Prop 8, and deals with CA specifically Wait and see what the final outcome is for Hollingsworth vs Perry (expected Jun 2013)

You realize that the SCOTUS is not there to write or make laws, right? Congress writes laws. If the federal government wished to state that marriage (and gay marriage) is a civil right, then they need to amend that to the Constitution. THEN the states would have to amend their state constitutions. The SCOTUS is not there to overrule the states constitution. Each state has their own court system for that.
    Last edited by David88vert; 03-31-2013 at 11:53 AM.

IA Member

The fact that government has any say in marriage is flipping absurd.
    ​GO DAWGS

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    That is for Prop 8, and deals with CA specifically Wait and see what the final outcome is for Hollingsworth vs Perry (expected Jun 2013)

You realize that the SCOTUS is not there to write or make laws, right? Congress writes laws. If the federal government wished to state that marriage (and gay marriage) is a civil right, then they need to amend that to the Constitution. THEN the states would have to amend their state constitutions. The SCOTUS is not there to overrule the states constitution. Each state has their own court system for that.
    So you have a problem with the appeals process because you believe it circumvents states rights?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

SCOTUS opinion is not law.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

You can argue all you want but facts are facts, no document affirms marriage is a civil right.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

So you have a problem with the appeals process because you believe it circumvents states rights?
    I prefer my legislation to come from the legislative branch, not from the judicial or executive branches. You know - the way the system was designed.

As I stated, get Congress to pass an amendment and all of this would be settled quickly and correctly. Just have them declare that gay marriage is a Constitutional right, the same as the right to bear arms.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

To take one example, academic researcher Mark Regerius at the University of Texas found that children raised by "gay" couple are not as well as adjusted as other children. Needless to say, his findings were immediately dismissed as biased and ill-founded, even though his methods were exonerated as completely legitimate.
    LOL. They really suck at this "trying to say gay marriage is bad" thing.

Marks study was dismissed as ill-founded because HE HIMSELF said it was ill-founded.

Ahh, Christian traditionalists. Is there anyone's rights you DONT want to abridge, other than your own? LOL.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

LOL. They really suck at this "trying to say gay marriage is bad" thing.

Marks study was dismissed as ill-founded because HE HIMSELF said it was ill-founded.

Ahh, Christian traditionalists. Is there anyone's rights you DONT want to abridge, other than your own? LOL.
    Lets try to use common sense here........

pretty sure if i was the kid in gym class who had two daddies, it would probably have effected my development. I love how at the same time we have all out anti-bullying campaigns in our media, that liberals try to pretend like having gay parents would be a non-factor in your upbringing.

With all due respect, i would just like to offer one question in opposition. Are you retarded?
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 04-02-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Lets try to use common sense here........

pretty sure if i was the kid in gym class who had two daddies, it would probably have effected my development. I love how at the same time we have all out anti-bullying campaigns in our media, that liberals try to pretend like having gay parents would be a non-factor in your upbringing.

With all due respect, i would just like to offer one question in opposition. Are you retarded?
    Lets keep with the common sense thing. Upbringing and bullying are two different things.

If you got your ass beat in gym class because kids were making fun of you because you had two dads, that is the result of SOMEONE ELSE'S bad upbringing. Not your own.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Lets keep with the common sense thing. Upbringing and bullying are two different things.

If you got your ass beat in gym class because kids were making fun of you because you had two dads, that is the result of SOMEONE ELSE'S bad upbringing. Not your own.
    sigh.....

liberals will forever be too busy imaging the world the way they want it to be, to ever notice the world that is.

sigh.....

liberals will forever be too busy imaging the world the way they want it to be, to ever notice the world that is.
    Facepalm.

So if you get your ass beat or made fun of in school, its your own fault? Is that what you're suggesting?

Do you even posses an ounce of sanity? Surely whatever keys you just punched on your keyboard was trolling, because it sure as hell wasn't a rational, coherent thought.

Upbringing and bullying are two completely different things. If you say otherwise, you're a moron and a troll. I don't care what side of the political isle you claim to be on.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Facepalm.

So if you get your ass beat or made fun of in school, its your own fault? Is that what you're suggesting?

Do you even posses an ounce of sanity? Surely whatever keys you just punched on your keyboard was trolling, because it sure as hell wasn't a rational, coherent thought.

Upbringing and bullying are two completely different things. If you say otherwise, you're a moron and a troll. I don't care what side of the political isle you claim to be on.
    In your imaginary world of "how things should be".... kids dont get bullied, spending twice what you make doesnt put you in debt, you deserve to get paid for not working, a man having sex with another man is not a choice, guns kill people, and the government knows what's best for you.

I get it......

I get it......
    No. You really don't. Lol. You are about as far from getting it as one could be. If it weren't for your questioning the physical existence of a deity, I would assume your computer desk is saturated in your own drool.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

No. You really don't. Lol. You are about as far from getting it as one could be. If it weren't for your questioning the physical existence of a deity, I would assume your computer desk is saturated in your own drool.
    Everything we want to do doesnt have to be normal. I agree with you on the legality of gay rights, but i'm not down with this campaign to make homosexuality as normal as blue jeans.

It's not a campaign to make homosexuality normal. It already is "normal." The fact that you or anyone else finds it any degree of revolting to have a romantic disposition to someone of the same sex is completely irrelevant to its normalcy.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

It's not a campaign to make homosexuality normal. It already is "normal." The fact that you or anyone else finds it any degree of revolting to have a romantic disposition to someone of the same sex is completely irrelevant to its normalcy.
    Actually it is quite relevant, seeing as how this is an issue that gets voted on.

with that said..... this should be a clear indicator that it's time for the government to turn loose of marriage completely. It is not their business.

with that said..... this should be a clear indicator that it's time for the government to turn loose of marriage completely. It is not their business.
    And that's fine. But either you have government recognized marriages that apply to everyone that wants to get married, that doesn't discriminate based on orientation, or don't have it at all.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

And that's fine. But either you have government recognized marriages that apply to everyone that wants to get married, that doesn't discriminate based on orientation, or don't have it at all.
    In terms of government, i agree..... recognize them all or recognize none..... my vote is to recognize none.

im not subscribing to the "end of society" or "kids will be under more stress" if their parents are gay. I dont think that is true at all and there is no evidence to support it. What about kids who have parents who are traditional and get divorced? arrested? I mean there are tons of factors.

Being gay is the most accepted it has EVER been. 15 years ago in High School , NOBODY was gay, or they didnt say they were. Now, not the same thing. Kids are openly gay in HS.

I dont want to debate the sociological implications because that is not the issue. The issue is what constitutes a "RIGHT" and who has the right to decide who gets a marriage license?

To me the answer is clear based upon years of precedent:
    Marriage is not a RIGHT
    Local municipalities decide what marriage is based upon a voting populations decision.

The Gay movement should be REALLY happy, because when this gets kicked back to a STATES RIGHTS issue, the SCOTUS will basically be saying that the FEDs have NO PRECEDENT to decide anything on marriage, which will leave the door wide open to striking down any tax benefits for any married couple. But i suspect they arent seeing the forest through the trees.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    im not subscribing to the "end of society" or "kids will be under more stress" if their parents are gay. I dont think that is true at all and there is no evidence to support it. What about kids who have parents who are traditional and get divorced? arrested? I mean there are tons of factors.

Being gay is the most accepted it has EVER been. 15 years ago in High School , NOBODY was gay, or they didnt say they were. Now, not the same thing. Kids are openly gay in HS.

I dont want to debate the sociological implications because that is not the issue. The issue is what constitutes a "RIGHT" and who has the right to decide who gets a marriage license?

To me the answer is clear based upon years of precedent:
    Marriage is not a RIGHT
    Local municipalities decide what marriage is based upon a voting populations decision.

The Gay movement should be REALLY happy, because when this gets kicked back to a STATES RIGHTS issue, the SCOTUS will basically be saying that the FEDs have NO PRECEDENT to decide anything on marriage, which will leave the door wide open to striking down any tax benefits for any married couple. But i suspect they arent seeing the forest through the trees.
    I LOVE COCK

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Vteckidd; 04-03-2013 at 11:05 AM.
    <3 Catnipples

Oh look a gay joke. How original .

I've had more pussy than the you can fathom. I'm sure you're much more comfortable in jail though.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Im closing this due to the fact taht E36BUTTFUCK cant contain himself from acting like a 3 year old
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456