Thread: Should U.S. Test N.Korea

Default Should U.S. Test N.Korea

What is your opinions should the US in best intentions pressure and test N. Korea and see if they react ?
    I in my mind see them as a larger threat than Iran with WMD's and have them to be used now unlike Iran.
    If we wait and let Korea continue its path it will have all means for a preemptive attack.
    Their largest Allie China has turned against them and they will now feel cornered.
    When a small animal is cornered it will attack out of desperation.

They can target Seoul with tubed and rocket artillery to the tune of between 400,000-500,000 rounds an hour for 8 hours straight, they only want nukes to get our attention because they know nuclear capable countries get treated differently by the US. KJU is merely consolidating his power internally and demonstrating to the US, the PRC and the ROK that although he is young he knows brinksmanship.
    '73 HLS30 129806 ; L-28, street cam, SUs, 5-speed, Koni's, Suspension techniques springs, swaybars, 3.90 R200 LSD

Heavily medicated for your protection

Quote Originally Posted by gogriz91 View Post
    They can target Seoul with tubed and rocket artillery to the tune of between 400,000-500,000 rounds an hour for 8 hours straight, they only want nukes to get our attention because they know nuclear capable countries get treated differently by the US. KJU is merely consolidating his power internally and demonstrating to the US, the PRC and the ROK that although he is young he knows brinksmanship.
    Pretty much how I see it also. Right now it is all posturing and games. No serious threat at the moment as KJU tests his limits and the South Koreans can handle themselves against this little stuff. That said, If I was making decisions at the Pentagon I would have the capability staged in the region to hit their nuke sites on a moments notice.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

North Korea won't shoot a nuclear weapon at another country. They know the storm that would rain down on them, they're showoffs. Nothing more.

Yes

Seems things have gotten MUCH hotter on the Korean Peninsula. I am now thinking KJU might be looking to cause a little skirmish at the border, maybe even full scale war.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    Seems things have gotten MUCH hotter on the Korean Peninsula. I am now thinking KJU might be looking to cause a little skirmish at the border, maybe even full scale war.
    N. Korea has made a habit of saber-rattling every few years to get money from us. My fear is now the down-syndrome child in charge of that country actually believes what his father told him...

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    N. Korea has made a habit of saber-rattling every few years to get money from us. My fear is now the down-syndrome child in charge of that country actually believes what his father told him...
    CNN did an interview with a N. Korean relations professor and even he admits They have always made threats but these are new and more frequent.
    He fears its a psychological and age factor that with lil kim is the frighting situation.
    I myself am proud and surprised that the US is bolstering and flaunting our capabilities in return. N.Korea has really made the W.H start to think with it moving missiles into position. The Secretary of Defense says if enough evidence is showing movement for war preparation from Korea then we must strike first.
    The state of this situation and the days to come lay firm on China's shoulders. All this can end if they would just show more force with Lil kim and his organization.
    IMO if blood is shed China should be held just as responsible for the unstable region with no controlling its allies.
    Japan has already said it has authority to retaliate just for Korea aiming missiles at the Japanese soil less alone US bases on mainland.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

My fear is that the down syndrome child in charge of OUR country actually believes what his father told him.

China and Russia have basically washed their hands of DPRK. If shit does go down. I don't see there being WW3 born from it. I imagine they'll be dealt with swiftly. The U.S. troops in South Korea are basically road blocks. They have a 1 hour life expectancy in the event of a full scale invasion from the North. The international community will probably rally around S. Korea and get rid of this N. Korea problem permanently.

I have no clue what North Korea's plan is, they can't actually be considering attacking anyone. Can you imagine if they actually DID fire off a nuclear missile?

I have found all this insanely interesting though and have been reading every single news article/North Korea documentary I can find, not sure why, but...

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Elbow View Post
    I have no clue what North Korea's plan is, they can't actually be considering attacking anyone. Can you imagine if they actually DID fire off a nuclear missile?

I have found all this insanely interesting though and have been reading every single news article/North Korea documentary I can find, not sure why, but...
    You can never under estimate crazy....... theyre severe isolationist. Their army probably believes they are the superpower of the world. It's easy for a poodle to think it's the biggest dog in the neighborhood when it cant see over the fence.

lmao @ CNN: U.S. reducing rhetoric that feeds North Korean belligerence - CNN.com

The official said the movements are consistent with that of a Musudan missile. The Musudan is based on a Soviet-era system and has a 2,500-mile (2,400-kilometer) range that can threaten South Korea, Japan and Southeast Asia but not U.S. forces based on Guam.

Maybe Obama and Kerry will initiate a "backdoor channel" to try to negotiate something with the DPRK to defuse the situation, after all, the Dems are the masters of the "backdoor channel".
    '73 HLS30 129806 ; L-28, street cam, SUs, 5-speed, Koni's, Suspension techniques springs, swaybars, 3.90 R200 LSD

^ I think I subscribed to a website similar to this.

The US has been working on a Interceptor missile program since the 60's so id hope by now they could take one down in a matter of seconds. The news today said the US has ordered the THAAD missile shield to GUAM. This will in my kind raise RED flags with China and be worried about a US advantage in case of War lol
    John Kerry said they would be adding 17 more defense shields to Alaska, this will get Russia upset.
    Just waiting for the bitching to start over the US up ramping of Defense but not much over Koreas threats

There's an interceptor missile farm in Alaska with a handful of interceptors designed for midcourse intercept, some heavy duty engineering and physics. Between AEGIS at the launch, mid-course interceptors and THAAD the only real threat a DPRK missile launch presents is an airburst and the resulting EMP or some kind of delayed reaction or engineering failure by one of the three systems designed to shoot the missile down before the detonation sequence on the warhead can start. (China is a completely different story, too many missiles to defend against.) It's kind of moot anyway because if the DPRK comes South we're going to war, if they target Japan we go to war, we have mutual defense treaties with both countries and demonstrate our resolve with our presence and through bilateral exercises. There are only two places in the DPRK that can launch a missile big enough to reach the CONUS and it's an engineering exercise for the DPRK to construct, move and prepare a launch. The real threat is to our allies, not us, because they can be targeted by larger numbers of more mobile missiles that are not capable of carrying a nuclear warhead (as far as we know). To give you some idea of the kind of reaction times we're talking about here Seoul has about 4-6 minutes, Tokyo 7-9 minutes and the US, 20-23 minutes.

They won't do anything, they will piss everyone off more soon with another missile test then we will say "you all made us very angry" they will ask for some aid in return they will offer to do something that sounds nice, someone will give them what they want, then it will start all over again.

I hope they do fire at someone though, pisses EVERYONE off, China says screw you all and everyone gangbangs that goofy looking kid back to reality and he runs away crying.

The South Korean Lagoon or maybe the Strait of Merica.

Thinking of names for the dead spot that will become of North Korea should they try something.
    Bitches love bacon.

COME AT ME BRO

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

"North Korea 'Probably' Has Nuclear Missile Capability, Pentagon Spy Agency Says"
    WTF ?!?

North Korea 'Probably' Has Nuclear Missile Capability, Pentagon Spy Agency Says

Heard about this yesterday. This is getting crazier every day. I just dont know how this can go anywhere but war without some kind of major concessions from the US and S. Korea.

Actually I think there is a good chance this will be over peacefully very soon. When the US and S. Korea finish their war games in the next few weeks, that will be an opportunity for Kim Jong Eun to turn that into propaganda that the enemy has retreated in fear and used as proof that he is a strong leader who is not afraid to confront the US and S. Korea. Most analysts who study N. Korea agree that the regime is not crazy, they are actually very logical and calculating about how to use brinksmanship to sustain their control. Ask yourself, what could they possibly gain from engaging in an actual war with the US?

Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    Actually I think there is a good chance this will be over peacefully very soon. When the US and S. Korea finish their war games in the next few weeks, that will be an opportunity for Kim Jong Eun to turn that into propaganda that the enemy has retreated in fear and used as proof that he is a strong leader who is not afraid to confront the US and S. Korea. Most analysts who study N. Korea agree that the regime is not crazy, they are actually very logical and calculating about how to use brinksmanship to sustain their control. Ask yourself, what could they possibly gain from engaging in an actual war with the US?
    I have thought of that and I hope you are right. I am a little worried about this missile launch though. The number of things that can go wrong and turn into a provocation is nearly endless.

We know their medium and long range missiles have serious guidance system problems.

Not the same type of rocket, but it does set the president.

Japan remains on alert against North Korean rocket launch - Business Line

Yeah there are certainly no guarantees and a mistake could have a domino effect but I feel confident that at least N. Korea doesn't want a war any more than we do.

WTF seriously....
    SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea is vowing to bolster its nuclear program in response to a U.S. State Department report accusing Pyongyang of human rights abuses.
    If the US should FART in Koreas direction right now they may cry then launch a missile....

Quote Originally Posted by -EnVus- View Post
    WTF seriously....

If the US should FART in Koreas direction right now they may cry then launch a missile....
    Something isnt right with this whole situation. The US and S. Korea have already backed down and offered up more bribery aid to the North. Why is he still pushing? It almost feels like he actually does want to see bullets flying. Maybe he is being told the US is war weary and they can push harder than ever? Is China telling him they have his back if he wants to move?

I have absolutely no clue what it is, but something just doesnt feel right about this.

Something isnt right with this whole situation. The US and S. Korea have already backed down and offered up more bribery aid to the North. Why is he still pushing? It almost feels like he actually does want to see bullets flying. Maybe he is being told the US is war weary and they can push harder than ever? Is China telling him they have his back if he wants to move?

I have absolutely no clue what it is, but something just doesnt feel right about this.
    He will push as long as he thinks he can get more concessions without retribution. At this point he's still all talk. He hasn't killed one person. They sank a warship and killed lots of South Korean soldiers a couple years back and there was no war so talk alone won't cause it. Keep in mind he's still very new at this brinksmanship game so he's still figuring out how to work it.

PYONGYANG, North Korea — North Korea said Saturday it will soon put a detained American on trial for allegedly trying to overthrow the government, further complicating already fraught relations between Pyongyang and Washington.

Seriously can we please just go over and play midget toss with lil kim already shesh

Quote Originally Posted by -EnVus- View Post
    PYONGYANG, North Korea — North Korea said Saturday it will soon put a detained American on trial for allegedly trying to overthrow the government, further complicating already fraught relations between Pyongyang and Washington.

Seriously can we please just go over and play midget toss with lil kim already shesh
    Like I said, he has already won another round of even larger aid from the US and S. Korea. It just seems to me that he wants to push the issue to the point of war. His father and grandfather did this to a point also, but they always seemed to back down when they got what they wanted. This kid is getting everything he ants and still wants to push.

That spoiled brat needs his bottom spanked.