Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Figured you guys would find this funny- DHS checkpoint refusals

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    Ok. Good.

Now lets change the word "cops" to "welfare agent", change the word "car" to "urine", and change the word "highway" to "welfare"

Still feel the same about your 4th amendment rights?
    Big difference. I shouldnt have to spell it out for you.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

They say "we think you fit the description of a criminal, can we search your car?" whether you actually fit the description or not
    You still refuse a search. If they cannot prove that they had probable cause, anything discovered ina search will be thrown out.

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    Big difference. I shouldnt have to spell it out for you.
    Could you point out the difference? Both have been deemed a violation of the 4th amendment, just curious to why you think the latter isn't?

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Could you point out the difference? Both have been deemed a violation of the 4th amendment, just curious to why you think the latter isn't?
    *final jeopardy music plays in the key of C major*

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Ok. Good.

Now lets change the word "cops" to "welfare agent", change the word "car" to "urine", and change the word "highway" to "welfare"

Still feel the same about your 4th amendment rights?
    Nope. Accepting certain terms should be a condition of accepting welfare. You can use your constitutional rights to chose to either accept those conditions or not accept those conditions. Just like my job, i can refuse to take a drug test if i want, but it is a condition of my employment. While on welfare you should be actively seeking work and be ready to work. If you cant pass a drug test, then you are not meeting that obligation.

I commend you for being a noble citizen and standing up for the rights of welfare recipients to smoke weed while collecting a check that is funded from taxing my paycheck, yet covering your eyes when the people you voted for suggest that women should shit themselves to prevent rape. You're a real hero in my eyes, people like you should win the nobel peace prize. What's the qualifications for that these days? be the first black anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Nope. Accepting certain terms should be a condition of accepting welfare.
    So what you're saying is rights and dignity for people who are driving, but not for people who are broke and need help.

Got it.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Fourth amendment rights are cool and all, until I have the chance to use classism and stereotype you as a low life drug user. Then you have no rights.

This is what Biden meant when he said people don't care about their constitutional rights. Just like you've pointed out, they really don't.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

So what you're saying is rights and dignity for people who are driving, but not for people who are broke and need help.

Got it.
    Dignity? i had to take a drug test and let someone cup my balls to get my job......

i'm sorry i dont feel asking someone who receives a check for nothing to take a drug test is stripping them of their dignity.

also, as i stated before. You have the right to refuse.

Fourth amendment rights are cool and all, until I have the chance to use classism and stereotype you as a drug dealer. Then you have no rights.

This is what Biden meant when he said people don't care about their constitutional rights. Just like you've pointed out, they really don't.
    So let me get this straight....... employers have the right to make you take a drug test as a condition of employment..... but people who receive government checks should not be subjected to the same scrutiny?

Biden is a jackass.

So let me get this straight....... employers have the right to make you take a drug test as a condition of employment..... but people who receive government checks should not be subjected to the same scrutiny?
    They have the right. The government can't mandate private employers give drug tests. Conversely, you have the right to work somewhere else.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

They have the right. The government can't mandate private employers give drug tests.
    Dont be so sure of what this government can and cant mandate..... give these closet communist time, they might surprise you.

Dont be so sure of what this government can and cant mandate..... give these closet communist time, they might surprise you.
    It's been 5 years, no communism yet. I think we'll be ok.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

It's been 5 years, no communism yet. I think we'll be ok.
    yeah, people are just over reacting to democrats trying to eradicate the constitution. The government should be able to take people's guns, tell them what to eat and drink, invade their privacy, force them to purchase from third parties or attack them with a drone if they see fit.

oops... almost forgot detain them indefinitely without a trial. Perfectly normal.

More important things to worry about... like the dignity of welfare recipients.

Ok. Good. Now lets change the word "cops" to "welfare agent", change the word "car" to "urine", and change the word "highway" to "welfare"Still feel the same about your 4th amendment rights?

Quote Originally Posted by Browning151 View Post
    Since we were on the subject of 4th amendment rights, I just wanted to see if people were ACTUALLY for them, or just the ones that are convenient for them. I got my answer.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

look man..........

it doesnt matter that the people who work to fund welfare have to take drug tests... the people that receive it are too dignified to be subjected to a drug test.

Since we were on the subject of 4th amendment rights, I just wanted to see if people were ACTUALLY for them or not. I got my answer
    Doesnt have dick to do with your 4th amendment rights. One of the requirements for receiving welfare is that you are actively looking for work and able to work. The job market dictates the requirement of a drug test, if you cant pass one then you are not ready to accept a job offer.

look man..........

it doesnt matter that the people who work to fund welfare have to take drug tests... the people that receive it are too dignified to be subjected to a drug test.
    And as long as the facts show that the vast majority of welfare recipients ARE NOT drug dealers, Id like to keep it that way

Don't want the government getting too much power, never know what they might do with it next

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Doesnt have dick to do with your 4th amendment rights. One of the requirements for receiving welfare is that you are actively looking for work and able to work. The job market dictates the requirement of a drug test, if you cant pass one then you are not ready to accept a job offer.
    You never answered the question though, do you believe applying for welfare is enough reasonable suspicion to warrant a suspicionless search?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

And as long as the facts show that the vast majority of welfare recipients ARE NOT drug dealers, Id like to keep it that way

Don't want the government getting too much power, never know what they might do with it next
    Doesnt stop my employer from drug testing me. 1st thing a potential employer is gonna do is drug test. Being drug tested is a condition of "actively seeking employment and being ready to accept a job"

You never answered the question though, do you believe applying for welfare is enough reasonable suspicion to warrant a suspicionless search?
    It has nothing to do with suspicion. It is completely unrelated. People on welfare should be required to seek employment. A condition of that is passing a drug test.

They should kick you off welfare if youre not seeking a job too.... along with other reasons

being on welfare should NOT be easy.

It has nothing to do with suspicion. It is completely unrelated. People on welfare should be required to seek employment. A condition of that is passing a drug test.
    It has EVERYTHING to do with suspicion because that's what it says in the constitution. In black and white. It couldn't be any more clear. Lol. People are already required to seek employment while on it, or they'll get kicked off. This is already in place and no one has argued against it. Seeking employment is not a suspicionless search of your person or belongings by the government.

The government CAN NOT search your person or belongings without reasonable suspicion. This includes your house, your car, your purse, or your bodily fluids. Period. It doesn't matter what your private employer does because they don't operate under the same rules.

So now, is the act of applying for welfare enough reasonable suspicion to search your person?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

It has EVERYTHING to do with suspicion because that's what it says in the constitution. In black and white. It couldn't be any more clear. Lol. People are already required to seek employment while on it, or they'll get kicked off. This is already in place and no one has argued against it. Seeking employment is not a suspicionless search of your person or belongings by the government.

The government CAN NOT search your person or belongings without reasonable suspicion. This includes your house, your car, your purse, or your bodily fluids. Period. It doesn't matter what your private employer does because they don't operate under the same rules.

So now, is the act of applying for welfare enough reasonable suspicion to search your person?
    Do you have a constitutional right to collecting welfare? Passing a drug test, actively seeking employment and being ready to accept employment should be a condition of welfare. You can either chose to accept welfare or not chose to accept welfare, you're free to do as you like. Nobody forcing you to do anything.

The basis of your heart bleeding for this cause is because you're ok with welfare recipients using drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Hey guys!!!! I got an idea!!!!!!!!

Let's argue the same point endlessly until the end of time or the other guy gives in!!!!!!! YEEAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Fuck it, I'm done with this worthless section. You boys have fun jerking each other off.

Seacrest, out.
    Echo with his typical brilliance has summed it up quite nicely here fellas. If we're gonna argue can we at least get some new material instead of rehashing the same old shit 3216546351325165 times.

Echo with his typical brilliance has summed it up quite nicely here fellas. If we're gonna argue can we at least get some new material instead of rehashing the same old shit 3216546351325165 times.
    lead the way

Do you have a constitutional right to collecting welfare? Passing a drug test, actively seeking employment and being ready to accept employment should be a condition of welfare. You can either chose to accept welfare or not chose to accept welfare, you're free to do as you like. Nobody forcing you to do anything.

The basis of your heart bleeding for this cause is because you're ok with welfare recipients using drugs.
    Whether I give a shit if a welfare recipient smokes a joint has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

I'm simply asking if you think the act of applying for welfare is enough reasonable suspicion to warrant a suspicionless search, by the letter of the constitution, that's all.

I know the answer, I just wanna see you say it.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Says the guys who frequent an automotive forum who's members post pictures up of the same stanced out garbage day in and day out.

Participate, or click the little X at the top corner of your browser.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Whether I give a shit if a welfare recipient smokes a joint has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

I'm simply asking if you think the act of applying for welfare is enough reasonable suspicion to warrant a suspicionless search, by the letter of the constitution, that's all.

I know the answer, I just wanna see you say it.
    It has nothing to do with suspicion...... the point is not "being on welfare makes me think youre a drug user"....

employed people.... tax payers.... the people who pay for welfare..... have to take a drug test as a condition of employment. I could be drug tested today...... i can refuse to take the drug test if i want. Welfare recipients are required to be actively seeking employment as a condition of being on welfare. They should be required to take a drug test as a condition of receiving that aid. Something they can chose not to do if they want. You will decide to either volunteer to take a drug test or not volunteer to take a drug test. If you're not willing to volunteer to take a drug test, then you're not willing to accept employment, because that is the first thing an employer is going to ask you to do.

If we're arguing the technical details of it....... i'm OK with welfare recipients not being drug tested..... just enforce that they seek employment and set up a program for employers to report anyone denying a job offer or failing a drug test. If you reject a job or fail a drug test..... best of luck to you, no government check.

That way employers who have "hard jobs" to offer can have a database of people to fill their needs and we can keep track of people who arent trying to find a job.

In one situation, you have an individual initiating communications with a government agency specifically looking for benefits. They do not have to seek out those benefits, nor are under any obligation to continue to seek them, if a test of any type (written, chemical, etc) is a condition of receiving those benefits.

In the other situation, you have a government agency that's is routinely found to violate rights initiating a request to attempt to find something that they can criminalize against you, and attempting to intimidate non-criminals into giving up their Constitutional rights.

The first situation doesn't currently happen to people. The second currently happens on a regular basis.

I could give you a more complex answer, but if you couldn't get this far on your own, it wouldn't help for me to explain anything more complex.

They have the right. The government can't mandate private employers give drug tests. Conversely, you have the right to work somewhere else.
    People do not have to request government assistance, like welfare. There are churches, mosques, temples, and private agencies that give assistance to those in need.

People do not have to request government assistance, like welfare. There are churches, mosques, temples, and private agencies that give assistance to those in need.
    it just makes too much sense......

i honestly did a face palm when i read this.... but it was a positive face palm..... as if to say "omg, its so obvious... why cant everyone see it this way"

If we're arguing the technical details of it....... i'm OK with welfare recipients not being drug tested..... just enforce that they seek employment and set up a program for employers to report anyone denying a job offer or failing a drug test. If you reject a job or fail a drug test..... best of luck to you, no government check.
    This is the most god damn rational combination of characters you have ever pressed across your keyboard in the history of your life.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

And that's all fine and great, and they have the right to get assistance from whatever vector they choose, but when you're going the government route, the constitution still has to apply. Suspicionless searches are illegal. I like it that way.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

I'll answer that one.
    Just applying for welfare is not enough to search without probable cause. The government should absolutely not be allowed to search your personal property for that.
    Perhaps you should read what the spirit of the law was that Fourth Amendment was written to address: Writ of assistance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

In one situation, you have an individual initiating communications with a government agency specifically looking for benefits. They do not have to seek out those benefits, nor are under any obligation to continue to seek them, if a test of any type (written, chemical, etc) is a condition of receiving those benefits.
    Collecting a sample of urine, by the government is a search by law and a collection of evidence by law. There's no two ways about that. In order to search, you have to have reasonable suspicion, by law

Does the act of applying for welfare provide enough reasonable suspicion to warrant a suspicionless search?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

And that's all fine and great, and they have the right to get assistance from whatever vector they choose, but when you're going the government route, the constitution still has to apply. Suspicionless searches are illegal. I like it that way.
    I don't disagree. I just am being clear that there is a difference. The Constitutional amendments should be recognized and protected in all venues, where applicable. Technically, a drug test would have probable cause if they could say what type of drug they suspected you to be under the influence of. Without that, they would not have probable cause.

Personally, if a person is attempting to get a job, and drugs are not hampering his performance, or putting anyone in danger, I have no more issue with drugs than drinking alcohol. What they do at home is their business and choice. I rarely drink, and never use drugs myself, and that is my choice.

I'll answer that one.
    Just applying for welfare is not enough to search without probable cause. The government should absolutely not be allowed to search your personal property for that.
    Perhaps you should read what the spirit of the law was that Fourth Amendment was written to address: Writ of assistance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
    I absolutely agree with 100% of that. So we've got to get over the first hurdle: Probable cause. Does the act of applying for welfare give enough probable cause to warrant a suspicionless search?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

This is the most god damn rational combination of characters you have ever pressed across your keyboard in the history of your life.

But im still getting what i want..... i just shaped it into a slightly more politically correct presentation.

Employers should have a list of welfare recipients to contact with job offers. If you were a scientist making 500k a year and deny a job offer washing dishes at dennys, then you get kicked off welfare. If you fail a drug test, kicked off welfare. If an employer calls your phone for 2 weeks without getting an answer, kicked off welfare.... if you get fired from 3 jobs that you received via this theoretical system, kicked off welfare.

Collecting a sample of urine, by the government is a search by law and a collection of evidence by law. There's no two ways about that. In order to search, you have to have reasonable suspicion, by law

Does the act of applying for welfare provide enough reasonable suspicion to warrant a suspicionless search?
    It's not a search though - it is given freely by your consent. If you are applying for government assistance, and the condition of that non-required assistance is that you submit a urine sample, then you have to sign a form giving consent and you freely give that sample. It's not a search and seizure in any legal capacity. Last that I checked though, that is not happening currently.

Now, if you are arrested and in jail and they take a urine sample, that is a search. Very different circumstances though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast