Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shooting at Middle School in Atlanta

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by simontibbett View Post
    Don't act stupid. I don't care how much you love guns, you can't say guns are not related to violence. Is the controller the real cause? OF COURSE. Guns don't shoot people on their own. My comment was solely directed to the picture of the guy with a rifle on his back. Not guns in general. All I said was I thought that was extreme and wouldn't want that to become the norm. Why? It throws violence straight into our faces, that gun owner may not be violent, but many would connect that person carrying the gun as a form of self protection and be reminded of the violence we live in today.

I simply wouldn't want my kids to be reminded of all the bad, they wouldn't be shielded from guns, but they wouldn't need to see people carrying rifles in a Wal Mart checkout line. That's MY OWN opinion and I won't budge, do I care if someone carries? Hell no! Not at all, I was speaking purely on carrying a rifle around on your back like a paranoid tool or a douche making a point.

If that makes me some type of gay non-American leftie than that's fine. I don't really care or classify people into groups based on their own political views. We all see things differently, if you can't respect others opinions, than don't expect to be heard.
    If the basis of your argument is on the perception of violence, where does it stop? video games? movies? tv? graphic t shirts? tattoos? what other "reminders of violence" would we get rid of?

While i do not disagree that the guy carrying an AR15 into a JCPenny is a douchebag.... i also recognize that an attack on anyone's freedom is an attack on everyone's freedom. We cant remove freedom based on perception and opinions. Also, these are issues that can be sorted out on a state and public level..... laws that suit New York, might not suit Alaska. I doubt anyone would blink if someone walked into a gas station in alaska with an AR15 on their back, so why allow the federal government to blanket us with restrictive regulations. Let the people/state decide what is best for them.

Reading this makes me proud to be an american.
    Sheriffs warn Obama of deadly war over guns - National Conservative | Examiner.com

"We respect the Office of the President of the United States of America. But, make no mistake, as the duly-elected sheriffs of our respective counties, we will enforce the rights guaranteed to our citizens by the Constitution. No federal official will be permitted to descend upon our constituents and take from them what the Bill of Rights -- in particular Amendment II -- has given them. We, like you, swore a solemn oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, and we are prepared to trade our lives for the preservation of its traditional interpretation."

Anyone care to rethink their idea of how tyranny would be handled in the US? before when we had this debate everyone said citizens would stand no chance vs their government. What did i say? "why assume the entire government would unite under tyranny?".... here you have it folks..... Sheriffs around the US have spoken about whos side theyre on. I would expect the same divide in the military. Americans arent going to sit back and let Obama rewrite the constitution.

to the people who say "cops are the only ones who should have guns" doesnt look like cops agree with you.

"The Utah sheriffs join a growing list of law enforcement agencies in at least a half dozen states that have indicated they will not enforce any federal law that infringes on the Second Amendment and that any federal official who attempts to enforce such laws will be arrested and jailed."

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    This has got to be one of the stupidest articles I've ever seen

Breitbart.com

Oh. Not surprised.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Islander

MILLER: N.Y. vet arrested for 30-round magazines (Part 1) - Washington Times

And it begins. Honest citizens, MILITARY VETS are now the 'criminal'. While the real criminals themselves are laughing all the way to the bank.....
    I got free clear tails with my ride.....

Islander

And these comments make you really think. Think hard.

"Dennis Novak> coffee4closers•3 days ago −
    It's the policeman's dilemma. How many evil laws must you enforce before you are no better than The Gestapo?•

Burlington> Dennis Novak•2 days ago
    Read the book Ordinary Men and see how a reserve police battalion from Hamburg became the SS Einsatzgruppen ravaging Poland's Jews. "
    I got free clear tails with my ride.....

Quote Originally Posted by ISAtlanta300 View Post
    And these comments make you really think. Think hard.
    They just made my brain hurt really hard.

SMH

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

And it begins. Honest citizens, MILITARY VETS are now the 'criminal'. While the real criminals themselves are laughing all the way to the bank.....

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

He won't spend any time in prison. If he does, then I'll worry.

It's comments like this though that make me want to punch a baby.

“It’s against the law to possess these types of devices,” she told me in an interview Friday. “He was arrested in accordance with possession of these devices, and it’s our job to prosecute those cases that run amok of the law.”

Sure, this law WILL catch some of the "bad guys" but....

plowed through a 100 round AR drum today with no ear plugs...... my ears are still ringing... and will probably continue to do so for a week.

God bless america.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    plowed through a 100 round AR drum today with no ear plugs...... my ears are still ringing... and will probably continue to do so for a week.

God bless america.
    My friend just bought an AR, I'm going to shoot it soon. Coolest gun I've shot is an AK.

Quote Originally Posted by simontibbett View Post
    My friend just bought an AR, I'm going to shoot it soon. Coolest gun I've shot is an AK.
    You'll like it.... lot more BANG that you would expect for a .223 round. I still want one in .338..... gonna be a sexy time shooting that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123