NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    WE NEED TO START PUTTING TROOPS IN SCHOOLS NOW
    And put bullet proof vests on everyone!
    -2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon
    -2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V *boosted* (parting out)

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

Clearly every child must carry!

Quote Originally Posted by simontibbett View Post
    Clearly every child must carry!
    NOTHING LESS THAN AR15s BECAUSE ITS OUR GOD GIVEN RIGHT AS AMERICANS. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU'RE TREADING ON OUR 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Events like these can prevented, but the state(s) nor the Government care to do much about it other than ban weapons.
    resize pic

NOTHING LESS THAN AR15s BECAUSE ITS OUR GOD GIVEN RIGHT AS AMERICANS. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU'RE TREADING ON OUR 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS

I lold.

Quote Originally Posted by gerardojdm View Post
    Events like these can prevented, but the state(s) nor the Government care to do much about it other than ban weapons.
    Yes, it can, by better security.

I didn't post this as a gun fight though or indication that this was a mass shooting and requires a gun ban debate.

Both high schools I attended had STRICT security, that's all we really need to prevent these things from happening, at the very least from preventing these things from happening with mass casualties. I hate to say it but there will always be a risk, it's the way of life, you can't just make it go away.

Have you abandoned your little asinine thread from the other day?

No I didn't. Go take a look

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

This was not a mass shooting, nor was it random. It was not inside the scool either. This was one child clearly targeting another. I'm sure that the police will find out the motive and where the child got the gun from.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

WE NEED TO START PUTTING TROOPS IN SCHOOLS NOW
    I am sure and I have always said this, we should put vets in schools for jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by On_Her_Face View Post
    I am sure and I have always said this, we should put vets in schools for jobs.
    Why?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Why?
    Seems like for security?

Seems like for security?
    Wouldnt it be smarter to use an off duty cop that actually knows the law? Just because someone was once in the military doesnt mean they would be a good candidate for a job like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    Wouldnt it be smarter to use an off duty cop that actually knows the law? Just because someone was once in the military doesnt mean they would be a good candidate for a job like this.
    That's why there is a hiring process and yes for security. We had one at my school.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    Probably, I didn't say I agreed with it 100%.

A hiring process would be good. Some type of extra training, didn't Obama recently mention some type of school security program?

I went to two high schools, one had a staff of probably 7 security personnel. One or two were county police officers, the others were trained, either ex-law enforcement or military. The other school had probably 4 security guards and one county police officer always there.

That may get expensive and may be overboard for what say an elementary school would typically see on a weekly basis in terms of typical fights and what not, but the idea is the same.

I know the CT school had recent security installed, but I still think every school should be up to date as well as they could be. My mom use to teach and they had someone off the streets come in with a knife through one of the side entrances, a teacher saw him and asked if they could help him as he didn't have on ID, luckily two male teachers tackled the man and waited for police, a little later better doors/locks were installed. It may be no match for a shotgun or someone REALLY wanting to get in, but it's better than nothing.

You CAN'T make things 100% safe, that's life, but I think there's possibilities that are affordable for counties and offer a little better security.

Not that you disagreed with anything, just saying my own thoughts on the whole security guard thing. I mean the one HS I went to had a large security center, it was like CTU off 24. Solid wall of security camera screens.

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

Sucks that this is even a discussion. Only thing I worried about when I was in school was the principal's "holey" paddle.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ View Post
    Sucks that this is even a discussion. Only thing I worried about when I was in school was the principal's "holey" paddle.
    I don't think that blocked bullets. lol

Hoodrats are gonna hoodrat, its called population control.
    Try not. Do or Do not.

No... But as a kid you had to worry about two things.

1.) Getting in trouble at school and getting your ass whipped by the principle.

2.) Getting a even bigger ass whipping when you got home by your father for getting in trouble in school. (you know, back in the old days when fathers stuck around)

Problem is the current generation is as soft as baby shit and can't even handle a harsh word towards them, let alone the real world.

Life is hard, but the good news is there is no God so only never-ending nothingness awaits you when you die... But you will be unaware of the never-ending nothingness because your dead.

It's a win-win.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Probably, I didn't say I agreed with it 100%.

A hiring process would be good. Some type of extra training, didn't Obama recently mention some type of school security program?

I went to two high schools, one had a staff of probably 7 security personnel. One or two were county police officers, the others were trained, either ex-law enforcement or military. The other school had probably 4 security guards and one county police officer always there.

That may get expensive and may be overboard for what say an elementary school would typically see on a weekly basis in terms of typical fights and what not, but the idea is the same.

I know the CT school had recent security installed, but I still think every school should be up to date as well as they could be. My mom use to teach and they had someone off the streets come in with a knife through one of the side entrances, a teacher saw him and asked if they could help him as he didn't have on ID, luckily two male teachers tackled the man and waited for police, a little later better doors/locks were installed. It may be no match for a shotgun or someone REALLY wanting to get in, but it's better than nothing.

You CAN'T make things 100% safe, that's life, but I think there's possibilities that are affordable for counties and offer a little better security.

Not that you disagreed with anything, just saying my own thoughts on the whole security guard thing. I mean the one HS I went to had a large security center, it was like CTU off 24. Solid wall of security camera screens.
    It's the NRA suggesting we put armed guards in school............... and much like anyone else who expresses a rational thought that goes against the leftist agenda, theyre being characterized as insane gun toting maniacs.

Obama's suggestion for protecting schools is to hang a sign like this one up

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    It's the NRA suggesting we put armed guards in school............... and much like anyone else who expresses a rational thought that goes against the leftist agenda, theyre being characterized as insane gun toting maniacs.

If you believe gun free zones is leftist agenda, and positioning troops in grade schools is a rational idea, what do you believe would be a far right wing position?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

If you believe gun free zones is leftist agenda, and positioning troops in grade schools is a rational idea, what do you believe would be a far right wing position?
    Observe the leftist at work as he exaggerates the statement made so that he can shape it to his argument.

"troops in grade schools" yeah, that's what i said.... /sarcasm. You answered your own question though, FAR right would be troops in grade schools.

We have air marshals in our planes, our bank's money is delivered by HEAVILY armed guards, if you go in Krystals on the weekend it has a police officer on duty..... almost everything with monetary value is protected by armed guards, the far left king you support is protected by dozens of armed guards......

wow... how insane someone must be to think that defenseless children should be regarded with the same value as airplane passengers, bank deposits, krystal's employees, paintings or marxist politicians.

I'm glad to know my tax money is going on stupid shit like this Picture this: Cabinet portraits for big bucks - Washington Times and to pay for Obama's golfing trips. It would really annoy me to know any of it was wasted on putting an armed guard in our schools.

Observe the leftist at work as he exaggerates the statement made so that he can shape it to his argument.

"troops in grade schools" yeah, that's what i said.... /sarcasm. You answered your own question though, FAR right would be troops in grade schools.
    So rational then would be just plain armed guards?

We have air marshals in our planes, our bank's money is delivered by HEAVILY armed guards, if you go in Krystals on the weekend it has a police officer on duty...
    I've never been into a Krystals with an armed guard in it. My wifes cousin works at a Krystals, when I would pick him up in the evenings, I had never seen a guard, ever. That must be a product of where you live.
    almost everything with monetary value is protected by armed guards, the far left king you support is protected by dozens of armed guards...
    Just like every president before him, and every president after him

I'm glad to know my tax money is going on stupid shit like this Picture this: Cabinet portraits for big bucks - Washington Times and to pay for Obama's golfing trips. It would really annoy me to know any of it was wasted on putting an armed guard in our schools.
    Obama pays for his own golfing trips. Just like every president before him, and every president after him.

I dont want, nor do we need any kind of armed sentinels guarding our schools. We dont live in a dystopian society where we all live in fear of each other. Where would it end? Should we put armed guards in front of Burger King? parks? streets? skating rinks? white water? six flags? malls? anywhere else kids congregate? does this sound like the american dream to you?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

So rational then would be just plain armed guards?

I've never been into a Krystals with an armed guard in it. My wifes cousin works at a Krystals, when I would pick him up in the evenings, I had never seen a guard, ever. That must be a product of where you live.
    Just like every president before him, and every president after him

Obama pays for his own golfing trips. Just like every president before him, and every president after him.

I dont want, nor do we need any kind of armed sentinels guarding our schools. We dont live in a dystopian society where we all live in fear of each other. Where would it end? Should we put armed guards in front of Burger King? parks? streets? skating rinks? white water? six flags? malls? anywhere else kids congregate? does this sound like the american dream to you?
    What is so offensive about an armed guard to you? The air marshal's blend in and go unnoticed. Depending on the situation and needs, a variety of different guards could be used. You dont need a fully armed and equip swat team member as an armed guard..... well, unless you live in a predominantly democratic city you do, you could have a concealed guard that goes unnoticed.

The krystals here have armed and dressed police officers that sit inside of them all night on weekends. If you go get some krystals you will see 1-2 cops sitting inside all night. Waffle house also has them and a lot of other places too. I know it goes against your liberal brain to believe that the presence of guns actually prevents crime, but every statistic supports it. Liberal cities and gun free zones = higher crime rates. "gun totin racist hillbilly radical conservative hick states" = lower crime rates. When you watch an old western movie and see people riding around with guns everywhere they go...... believe or not... those are not scifi movies.... the US really used to look like that....

yes, every president has armed guards. Which makes it all the more ironic when one like Obama comes along that supports banning something he himself would not leave the house without. Obama also increased the number of people around him more than any other president in history..... again, ironic. If all of those golfing trips are out of pocket.... id love to see you itemize the 1.4 billion in executive expenditures.

A liberal talking about the american dream......... this thread is dripping with irony. If not for entitlement society and all of your entitlement villages that litter every city, the crime rate and need for arms would probably be reduced. Like any other invasive species, the more their numbers grow, the harder they are to get rid of.
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 02-02-2013 at 07:33 AM.

I've never believed beating made anyone smart. I was never beaten and I didn't turn out to be a criminal. All the kids I grew up with that were beaten/spanked turned out to be hoodrats.

Mess up in school today and get kicked out, get in a fight and get taken away in handcuffs. That's controlling the school's population for the good ones.

A. Many schools HAVE armed guards.

B. I have yet to meet anyone, even the most "leftie" individual that says that is a bad idea.

The only "bad" would be to have weapon slinging guards strutting around an elementary school or maybe even a middle school. You can conceal a weapon, but we don't need heavily armed soldiers cruising the hallways.

I've never believed beating made anyone smart. I was never beaten and I didn't turn out to be a criminal. All the kids I grew up with that were beaten/spanked turned out to be hoodrats.

Mess up in school today and get kicked out, get in a fight and get taken away in handcuffs. That's controlling the school's population for the good ones.
    Spankings and beatings are two different things. My Mom let the principal paddle me all the time. I got my fair share of whippings growing up. I am quite a highly intelligent person from that.

My comment, simon, that I think you misunderstood was that back when I was in school, you didn't have the fear that someone would walk into school guns a-blazing. The worst fear we had was being sent to the office for misbehaving and getting a paddle to our backsides. The ONLY time a police officer came to our school was when we were learning about the police. Same with firefighters.

To be clear, this incident that started this thread would not have been prevented by having an armed security guard at the school. This incident happened outside of the school, and the victim was an intentional target.

The federal government does not decide how the county school boards handle security. If you think an armed guard is needed at the school, your petition should be sent to your elected school board officials. Specifically for Columbus, it should be this group: https://www.muscogee.k12.ga.us/About...s/default.aspx

As for air marshals on planes, not every flight has an air marshall. The deterent is not the air marshall himself, rather it is the speculation that one may be on board. This same response has been discussed as a possibility for school. Allowing a few key individuals, such as a principal, some teachers, etc, to be trained and certified as an active shooter response team may give schools the chance to deter an event from occuring. The key is not that you actually have a team of staff prepared, but rather the impression that the school may be prepared. An individual that wishes to harm the children would hopefully know that there might be heavy resistance, and possibly woud pick a different target. Currently, all of the individuals that committed these attacks knew that there would be no armed resistance to their onslaught.

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ View Post
    Spankings and beatings are two different things. My Mom let the principal paddle me all the time. I got my fair share of whippings growing up. I am quite a highly intelligent person from that.

My comment, simon, that I think you misunderstood was that back when I was in school, you didn't have the fear that someone would walk into school guns a-blazing. The worst fear we had was being sent to the office for misbehaving and getting a paddle to our backsides. The ONLY time a police officer came to our school was when we were learning about the police. Same with firefighters.
    Same here. We never were worried about anyone actually opening fire on students when I was growing up. A number of high school students and teachers actually had guns and knives on school property - but no one would have ever used them except in defense. It just wasn't even a consideration.

In elementary school, we knew that if we got in trouble, we were getting sent to the principal's office, and we were getting a paddling. Most parents would give you another paddling when you got home from school if you got one from the principal.

People understand two things - reward and punishment. As a parent, you use both to try to get your children to become a balanced and productive individual.

The sole reason schools have security are to break up fights and handle other illegal activity, I wouldn't be scared to go to school today, mass shootings are rare, there's no point in hiding. The added benefit to extra security is to detour ones mind from bringing a gun or possibly holding off a "mass shooter."

Yes, there's a difference in spanking and beating, but I sure as hell didn't know anyone who was spanked to be afraid of spanking. Not enough to be spanked into being a good kid or not making mistakes. lol

Today taking a kids phone away is probably FAR worst in their mind then some stingy smacks.

A. Many schools HAVE armed guards.

B. I have yet to meet anyone, even the most "leftie" individual that says that is a bad idea.

The only "bad" would be to have weapon slinging guards strutting around an elementary school or maybe even a middle school. You can conceal a weapon, but we don't need heavily armed soldiers cruising the hallways.
    I don't think getting rid of gun free zones is a good idea.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

The sole reason schools have security are to break up fights and handle other illegal activity, I wouldn't be scared to go to school today, mass shootings are rare, there's no point in hiding. The added benefit to extra security is to detour ones mind from bringing a gun or possibly holding off a "mass shooter."
    I think you're still missing my point. We had no, nada, zilch, zero, none, nill, a goose egg, nix security at our schools. Playground scuffles back then only got you sent to the principal's office and probably a couple of days of detention. I never said everyone goes to school now afraid to. But if there were numbers showing it, I would be willing to bet that a far greater percentage of school children go to school with some sort of fear now than they did back in my days of school. Doesn't matter how rare it is, either. Many school systems that haven't even had any problems are taking preventive measures to aid in combating that risk. This still puts those thoughts in students heads.

but I sure as hell didn't know anyone who was spanked to be afraid of spanking. Not enough to be spanked into being a good kid or not making mistakes. lol
    You know someone now.

Yes, there's a difference in spanking and beating, but I sure as hell didn't know anyone who was spanked to be afraid of spanking. Not enough to be spanked into being a good kid or not making mistakes. lol

Today taking a kids phone away is probably FAR worst in their mind then some stingy smacks.
    Spanking is just a tool in the tool box. Doesnt mean its the best tool or the first one you should grab. In my opinion... spanking is a way of getting your attention to listen to a message or a way of making sure a message is remembered. The spanking itself is not the message. Kids need to be taught lessons and learn from their mistakes. Sometimes a spanking assists with that and sometimes its not needed. A spanking alone serves little or no purpose. I myself am not a big advocate of spanking children, but i also dont have any grievance with parents who support it. I was paddled by the principle and whipped when i was young, it had a positive effect on me.

But you're soft as cotton.

can we at least get some accurate signs for the gun free zones?

But you're soft as cotton.
    Thanks?

What do you mean? You mean armed security is a bad thing? I don't think anyone other than the security should be allowed to carry, but I don't see why security is bad. You can still have the gun free zone sign and have armed security.

What do you mean? You mean armed security is a bad thing? I don't think anyone other than the security should be allowed to carry, but I don't see why security is bad. You can still have the gun free zone sign and have armed security.
    The gun free zones are a good idea because it allows authorities to control who is and who isnt armed the zone. kind of like military bases did before they legislated them into gun free zones. They were always "gun free zones". It also draws an arbitrary "line in the sand" so that officials can build charges against people who do break the law. Gun free zones don't necessarily prohibit anyone from carrying at all. But if you bring a gun into Taco Mac and start acting like a belligerent drunk, not only do you get a disorderly charge, you get a gun charge as well.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast