Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shooting at Middle School in Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ View Post
    Going to see him in Feb. Cant wait. The guy is funny as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post

I've never been into a Krystals with an armed guard in it. My wifes cousin works at a Krystals, when I would pick him up in the evenings, I had never seen a guard, ever. That must be a product of where you live.
    I'm a little late on this discussion but at my school, on the main strip, our Krystals, Mcdonald's, Pilot (gas station), and the bank all have cops stationed Thursday-Sunday. This is the University of Tennessee, not a bad place yes there are a bunch of drunk people on any given weekend. However there are not gun crimes in these places, then you have .25 away from the strip is official campus. There are no guns allowed there yet armed robberies happen a few times a month.

So much fail in this post.

The gun free zones are a good idea because it allows authorities to control who is and who isnt armed the zone.
    There is a single glaring problem with this entire statement. Someone entering a "gun free zone" with the intention of committing a murder or armed robbery, isnt worried about the additional gun charge. If they plan on surviving the actual crime, which isnt often in a mass shooting, they are looking to avoid those MUCH stiffer penalties. Dont act like alarms start blaring the second someone enters a gun free zone with a gun, they have to advertise they have a gun before they get caught.

But if you bring a gun into Taco Mac and start acting like a belligerent drunk, not only do you get a disorderly charge, you get a gun charge as well.

I was corrected on this once, as I thought it was illegal to carry while consuming alcohol in GA but it isnt. That is a law that should change. Carrying in a bar is fine, but as soon as you have that first drink, you should be in violation of the law, subject to arrest and loss of you carry permit.

BTW, it is legal to carry in Taco Mac unless they have it posted outside the doors that they do not allow you to carry there.

In GA you can drink and carry? That's fucked up. The politician in TN that got the law passed to carry in a bar got caught drinking with a firearm in the bar. Pretty crappy on his part and I'm not positive he got penalized.

Quote Originally Posted by On_Her_Face View Post
    In GA you can drink and carry? That's fucked up. The politician in TN that got the law passed to carry in a bar got caught drinking with a firearm in the bar. Pretty crappy on his part and I'm not positive he got penalized.
    Yes you can. You just cant shoot. The law was written terribly and needs fixed. The problem with doing it now is that the national backdrop of new gun control legislation will make it an easy target and has no chance of passing.

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    Going to see him in Feb. Cant wait. The guy is funny as hell.
    I started watching him in 1991 when he would guest star on a show called Hot County Nights. Hated the show but watched it solely to catch him.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

There is a single glaring problem with this entire statement. Someone entering a "gun free zone" with the intention of committing a murder or armed robbery, isnt worried about the additional gun charge. If they plan on surviving the actual crime, which isnt often in a mass shooting, they are looking to avoid those MUCH stiffer penalties. Dont act like alarms start blaring the second someone enters a gun free zone with a gun, they have to advertise they have a gun before they get caught.
    Nobody is actively seeking out these places because they're gun free zones, and no one acts like alarms start blaring when someone enters a gun free zone. The gun buffer zone isn't really aimed at mass murdering, sociopathic individuals anyway. Getting rid of them won't stop or propagate any kind of killing spree. They are in place, they aren't hurting anyone, and its a good idea they're there. They won't go away.

It's like back in high school when it was a cell phone free zone. You weren't allowed to have your cell phone on you. It's obvious cell phones are a good thing to have in case of emergency. No one was doing cellphone pat downs, but if you're on it acting like a jackass during school, they could take it from you or discipline you if they needed to, because the rule was in place. Its an arbitrary regulation so the proper authorities can control who has them and what you're doing with them.

Same thing with guns. They want to control in a sense who has them and who doesn't. No one is patting anyone down for guns (save for a nightclub or something, which is a different case entirely). If you keep it concealed and aren't acting like a self-important, i-can-do-whatever-i-want-cuz-im-a-goddamned-american kind of jackass (see those who carry AR's wherever they go), nobody has a problem.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Nobody is actively seeking out these places because they're gun free zones, and no one acts like alarms start blaring when someone enters a gun free zone. The gun buffer zone isn't really aimed at mass murdering, sociopathic individuals anyway. Getting rid of them won't stop or propagate any kind of killing spree. They are in place, they aren't hurting anyone, and its a good idea they're there. They won't go away.

It's like back in high school when it was a cell phone free zone. You weren't allowed to have your cell phone on you. It's obvious cell phones are a good thing to have in case of emergency. No one was doing cellphone pat downs, but if you're on it acting like a jackass during school, they could take it from you or discipline you if they needed to, because the rule was in place. Its an arbitrary regulation so the proper authorities can control who has them and what you're doing with them.

Same thing with guns. They want to control in a sense who has them and who doesn't. No one is patting anyone down for guns (save for a nightclub or something, which is a different case entirely). If you keep it concealed and aren't acting like a self-important, i-can-do-whatever-i-want-cuz-im-a-goddamned-american kind of jackass (see those who carry AR's wherever they go), nobody has a problem.
    Look at this guy..... what a douchebag.............................

For wearing an affliction shirt.

Affliction shirts should be a crime, when people wear them they always seem to be 2 sizes too small.

Nobody is actively seeking out these places because they're gun free zones,
    Really? The Aurora shooter passed by theaters with the same show times that were larger, more crowded, has easier access, and closer to his home than the one in Aurora. Aurora was the only one that was gun free. Well, gun free except for the one person looking to kill random people.

I will have to check the mall in Oregon, but I believe the shooter there also passed a larger and more crowded mall that was not considered gun free. I remember seeing that on FB or something and havent researched it though.

They are in place, they aren't hurting anyone, and its a good idea they're there. They won't go away.
    What makes them such a good idea?

So let me get this straight. You believe gun free zones are to prevent people who are not looking to cause problems from carrying them in certain areas, yet you concede the fact that those laws do absolutely nothing to curb gun violence in those areas. And you still think they are a good idea. This makes sense in what universe?

I don't think you read what I posted

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

I don't think you read what I posted
    Looks like he did to me.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Look at this guy..... what a douchebag.............................

For wearing an affliction shirt.
    Yeah I'd want my kid walking around seeing crazy people with rifles on their back.

Quote Originally Posted by simontibbett View Post
    Yeah I'd want my kid walking around seeing crazy people with rifles on their back.
    Blame your mother, not me...... she could have gave birth to you in France.

Blame your mother, not me...... she could have gave birth to you in France.
    You're going to have to explain that to me, I'm stupid and don't understand some of your comments.

You're going to have to explain that to me, I'm stupid and don't understand some of your comments.
    Your views on how america should be go against everything america always has been. I am expressing my regret that you were not born in a country more suitable to your political view point........ like France. I use a visual reference to point out how common carrying a rifle is in american culture. If seeing someone carry a rifle offends you..... you're on the wrong soil my friend.

Your views on how america should be go against everything america always has been. I am expressing my regret that you were not born in a country more suitable to your political view point........ like France. I use a visual reference to point out how common carrying a rifle is in american culture. If seeing someone carry a rifle offends you..... you're on the wrong soil my friend.
    I love France.

How often do you see people TODAY carrying rifles in public? I've NEVER seen it aside from heavy security at a large event or maybe an airport. So I'm sorry if I don't want my kids walking around and being used to guns, they shouldn't be a casual thing. Guns are fine for collecting, recreational use, or protection, but I don't think they should just be EVERYWHERE on someones back.

I guess that's very anti-American of me? lol

I use a visual reference to point out how common carrying a rifle is in american culture.
    Actually, carrying a rifle around isn't all that common except for the midwestern states where ranches are still abundant. And even that is for protecting their livestock from predatory animals. On average, people just don't walk around carrying rifles like that. And to add, it's never been like that. Revolvers are the American culture that people really think of when talking about walking around every day armed.

Actually, carrying a rifle around isn't all that common except for the midwestern states where ranches are still abundant. And even that is for protecting their livestock from predatory animals. On average, people just don't walk around carrying rifles like that. And to add, it's never been like that. Revolvers are the American culture that people really think of when talking about walking around every day armed.
    It's pretty normal to carry a rifle around. I carried a rifle around when i was 10. It's not normal to carry one to the mall...... but if im riding down the road and see someone carrying a rifle my initial reaction isnt "OMFG KILLER ON THE LOOSE!!!!"

I love France.

How often do you see people TODAY carrying rifles in public? I've NEVER seen it aside from heavy security at a large event or maybe an airport. So I'm sorry if I don't want my kids walking around and being used to guns, they shouldn't be a casual thing. Guns are fine for collecting, recreational use, or protection, but I don't think they should just be EVERYWHERE on someones back.

I guess that's very anti-American of me? lol

Like i said.... you're soft as a pillow stuffed with bunny rabbit tails. I remember when i was young, getting my first gun was a right of passage. Spent a hours upon hours in the back yard target shooting. I guess i wasnt living the american dream..... i should have been roaming the street of chicago with my Dr dre beats headphones learning about entitlement society and dealing drugs. After all..... look at the life of crime that me being accustomed to guns has led me to.

Irony..... the places where people would NOT be alarmed if you walked into a store with a rifle are 10x safer than the places who would.

It's pretty normal to carry a rifle around. I carried a rifle around when i was 10. It's not normal to carry one to the mall......
    I never said it never happens. It's just not the normal every day thing you see. I can count on less than one hand the amount of times I've seen someone walking around with a rifle strapped to him/her. Aside from the occasional gun rack in a truck.

but if im riding down the road and see someone carrying a rifle my initial reaction isnt "OMFG KILLER ON THE LOOSE!!!!"
    I don't think that, either.

i should have been roaming the street of chicago with my Dr dre beats headphones learning about entitlement society and dealing drugs.
    Yeah right. That would be impossible...........

............Beats By Dre only came out 4 years ago.

I never said it never happens. It's just not the normal every day thing you see. I can count on less than one hand the amount of times I've seen someone walking around with a rifle strapped to him/her. Aside from the occasional gun rack in a truck.

I don't think that, either.

Yeah right. That would be impossible...........

............Beats By Dre only came out 4 years ago.
    lol.....

Edit: Roaming the streets of chicago with my double tape deck boom box powered by 10 pounds of D batteries that had to be replaced every 35 minutes, wearing my pump up kicks.

lol.....

Edit: Roaming the streets of chicago with my double tape deck boom box powered by 10 pounds of D batteries that had to be replaced every 35 minutes, wearing my pump up kicks.
    Haha. Nice catch. Ahhhh, and I actually lived those days in its infancy, too. Except I never had pump up shoes, lolol.

I had the reebok pumps. I spent every bit of my christmas money one year to get them. I even had the NO2 'gun' to inflate them without pressing the button on the tongue 2 dozen times.

So sad they only lasted like 3 months before falling apart. Havent owned a reebok anything since then.

A link for Simon..... and Blank... Chicago Murder Rate Higher Than Non-Gun Controlled Capone Era

I had the reebok pumps. I spent every bit of my christmas money one year to get them. I even had the NO2 'gun' to inflate them without pressing the button on the tongue 2 dozen times.

So sad they only lasted like 3 months before falling apart. Havent owned a reebok anything since then.
    I remember those glorious days..... back when nothing assessed a "man's" worth more than the shoes on his feet..lol... remember playing pick up basketball games and there was always someone who threatened to pump his shoes up when it started getting serious......"that's it... pumpin my kicks up, its on now"

Those shoes were pretty worthless though... them and all the other shoes from the air pocket era....

Like i said.... you're soft as a pillow stuffed with bunny rabbit tails. I remember when i was young, getting my first gun was a right of passage. Spent a hours upon hours in the back yard target shooting. I guess i wasnt living the american dream..... i should have been roaming the street of chicago with my Dr dre beats headphones learning about entitlement society and dealing drugs. After all..... look at the life of crime that me being accustomed to guns has led me to.

Irony..... the places where people would NOT be alarmed if you walked into a store with a rifle are 10x safer than the places who would.
    I'm soft how? For having an opinion on what I want my (future) kids seeing? Simple fact is people don't walk around with rifles, never seen it. I've seen guns on a gun rack in a truck, but never a guy casually walking down the road holding a gun. Would I think he was a killer? No.

Now I'm anti-gun?

I'm soft how? For having an opinion on what I want my (future) kids seeing? Simple fact is people don't walk around with rifles, never seen it. I've seen guns on a gun rack in a truck, but never a guy casually walking down the road holding a gun. Would I think he was a killer? No.

Now I'm anti-gun?
    you're soft for buying into the emotional rhetoric of the liberal left.

you're soft for buying into the emotional rhetoric of the liberal left.
    Oh, right, because I have different views on what is and isn't OK on a regular basis means I'm a gun hating leftie.

They don't come more closed minded than you.

Oh, right, because I have different views on what is and isn't OK on a regular basis means I'm a gun hating leftie.

They don't come more closed minded than you.
    reality....

these are more likely to kill your children than assault weapons are.

reality....

these are more likely to kill your children than assault weapons are.

Oh my God dude, you really can't read or comprehend what you read can you?

I wouldn't want every civilian walking around with pistols on their waist either, it has nothing to do with banning guns or taking your precious rifles away. It has to do with what I think should be a common sight. Guns are notorious for violence, YOU CANNOT ARGUE THAT, so when kids see guns, they think violence, violence is frowned upon. Simple as that. It makes some people uncomfortable and we don't need to be reminded tat we live in a world where violence is so common.

Oh my God dude, you really can't read or comprehend what you read can you?

I wouldn't want every civilian walking around with pistols on their waist either, it has nothing to do with banning guns or taking your precious rifles away. It has to do with what I think should be a common sight. Guns are notorious for violence, YOU CANNOT ARGUE THAT, so when kids see guns, they think violence, violence is frowned upon. Simple as that. It makes some people uncomfortable and we don't need to be reminded tat we live in a world where violence is so common.
    Criminals are notorious for violence, not guns. I spent my entire weekend hanging around guns and gun owners, looking at guns, shopping for guns, holding guns, shooting guns..... everything was peaceful and pleasant.

Like i said......... you're soft because you soak up the rhetoric of the liberal left. In every city where people like you get what they think is the right thing to do, you get proof that your ideas are not reality. Want to see what a city would look like if people didnt walk around with guns? Move to chicago, where kids arent reminded that they live in a world where violence is so common......... until theyre caught in the middle of a gang turf war.

Criminals are notorious for violence, not guns. I spent my entire weekend hanging around guns and gun owners, looking at guns, shopping for guns, holding guns, shooting guns..... everything was peaceful and pleasant.

Like i said......... you're soft because you soak up the rhetoric of the liberal left. In every city where people like you get what they think is the right thing to do, you get proof that your ideas are not reality. Want to see what a city would look like if people didnt walk around with guns? Move to chicago, where kids arent reminded that they live in a world where violence is so common......... until theyre caught in the middle of a gang turf war.
    OK, there's no point in talking to you. Your posts are beyond stupid, you're closed minded, and you can't begin to understand anything somebody says.

I didn't say ANYWHERE people shouldn't carry guns. I swear you HAVE to be kidding when you post here, NOBODY can make comments like you do quoting something completely different.

More people are murdered inside prison where they have no access to guns a year than outside of prison by assault rifles. Criminals have a violence problem, not guns.

More people are murdered inside prison where they have no access to guns a year than outside of prison by rifles of all types, shapes and sizes, assault rifles included. Criminals have a violence problem, not guns.
    Once again, I didn't say otherwise. HOWEVER, NOBODY can sit here and pretend guns don't represent violence. That's impossible. It's a weapon!

I support guns. I support owning guns. I support carrying a CONCEALED weapon.

Once again, I didn't say otherwise. HOWEVER, NOBODY can sit here and pretend guns don't represent violence. That's impossible. It's a weapon!

I support guns. I support owning guns. I support carrying a CONCEALED weapon.
    So, if i get up in the morning and go boar hunting, is that violence? if i go set up at the range and shoot targets, is that violence? if i go in my backyard and shoot tomatoes, is that violence? As a kid when i walked around the woods and shot pine cones and soda cans, was that violence? is shooting clay violence?

So, if i get up in the morning and go boar hunting, is that violence? if i go set up at the range and shoot targets, is that violence? if i go in my backyard and shoot tomatoes, is that violence? As a kid when i walked around the woods and shot pine cones and soda cans, was that violence? is shooting clay violence?
    You're really not understanding what I am saying.

None of those are violent acts, I didn't indicate they were, nor is that what I'm talking about.

Self defense is a natural instinct. Lions have claws, sharks have teeth, gators have thick skin....... what makes humans the top of the food chain is our intelligence and ability to use tools. A gun is nothing more than a tool. The gun does not create intent, it carries out the command of the person that holds it. If i wanted to murder you, i could do it in a variety of ways.... i could choke you with a ziptie, hit you with an olive oil bottle, run you over with my car, set your house on fire, beat you with a stick, stab you with a knife, throw a rock at you, poison you, drown you, smother you, throw you off a building... ect ect ect..... quit blaming objects for the actions of humans. Humans have been killing humans long before the invention of the gun. There's absolutely nothing you can do to stop every human on this planet from desiring to kill another human. Some people are just wired differently. That's life....... defend yours however you see fit.

You're really not understanding what I am saying.

None of those are violent acts, I didn't indicate they were, nor is that what I'm talking about.
    I dont see the connection between guns and violence... sorry. Humans are violent, guns are just the current technology.

Back to the superbowl......

Mark Sanchez was gonna throw a superbowl part.... but it was intercepted.... harharhar

I dont see the connection between guns and violence... sorry. Humans are violent, guns are just the current technology.
    Don't act stupid. I don't care how much you love guns, you can't say guns are not related to violence. Is the controller the real cause? OF COURSE. Guns don't shoot people on their own. My comment was solely directed to the picture of the guy with a rifle on his back. Not guns in general. All I said was I thought that was extreme and wouldn't want that to become the norm. Why? It throws violence straight into our faces, that gun owner may not be violent, but many would connect that person carrying the gun as a form of self protection and be reminded of the violence we live in today.

I simply wouldn't want my kids to be reminded of all the bad, they wouldn't be shielded from guns, but they wouldn't need to see people carrying rifles in a Wal Mart checkout line. That's MY OWN opinion and I won't budge, do I care if someone carries? Hell no! Not at all, I was speaking purely on carrying a rifle around on your back like a paranoid tool or a douche making a point.

If that makes me some type of gay non-American leftie than that's fine. I don't really care or classify people into groups based on their own political views. We all see things differently, if you can't respect others opinions, than don't expect to be heard.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast