Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455 LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,160 of 2190

Thread: Defend your right to own a car.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    You know you live in a right-to-work state right?

That link you posted said exactly what Jimmy just said. Lol
    You know i posted a question right? Unlike you, i'm actually interested in what Jimmy says and am seeking clarification on this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    I dont understand how that works against me?

"k) Nothing in this Code section shall restrict the rights of private property owners"

My car is private property. A company police does not override my legal rights. Could they fire me for having a gun in my house? if they saw me carrying a gun on my day off?
    Are you dense or just stopped reading when you found something you could use?

subsection K applies to the real estate property owner, not the owner of the vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by OCGA 16-11-135
    (k) Nothing in this Code section shall restrict the rights of private property owners or persons in legal control of property through a lease, a rental agreement, a contract, or any other agreement to control access to such property. When a private property owner or person in legal control of property through a lease, a rental agreement, a contract, or any other agreement is also an employer, his or her rights as a private property owner or person in legal control of property shall govern.
    Read the bolded part again. You will see that he entity in control of the property has the right to restrict weapons on the property.

THIS ARTICLE DIRECTLY CONTRADICTS THE POINT YOU MADE IN POST #2118. Thanks for proving me correct.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    Are you dense or just stopped reading when you found something you could use?

subsection K applies to the real estate property owner, not the owner of the vehicle.

Read the bolded part again. You will see that he entity in control of the property has the right to restrict weapons on the property.
    I understand that. My car is private property, it doesnt stop being my private property when it is parked in a parking lot. Am i wrong in thinking that the rights revolving around my vehicle dont cease to matter when i go to work?
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 11-15-2013 at 03:10 PM.

THIS ARTICLE DIRECTLY CONTRADICTS THE POINT YOU MADE IN POST #2118. Thanks for proving me correct.
    I'm not trying to make a point or prove you wrong, i'm asking for clarification on a topic i am unsure about.

does the law in layman's terms say "my employer cant search my car, but if they do search my car and find a gun, they can fire me" ?

I understand that. My car is private property, it doesnt stop being my private property when it is parked in a parking lot. Am i wrong in thinking that the rights revolving around my vehicle cease to matter when i go to work?
    According to the law, their property rights trump yours when it comes to having a gun in your vehicle on their property looks like to me.

I do have a question about this though, if an employer leases property does the law apply? Does an employers no gun policy still extend to the parking lot on leased property or does it only apply to entering the business with a gun and the actual property owners policy applies to the surrounding lots?

Quote Originally Posted by Browning151 View Post
    According to the law, their property rights trump yours when it comes to having a gun in your vehicle on their property looks like to me.

I do have a question about this though, if an employer leases property does the law apply? Does an employers no gun policy still extend to the parking lot on leased property or does it only apply to entering the business with a gun and the actual property owners policy applies to the surrounding lots?
    The law specifically speaks to who controls the property. That would include those who lease or sublet the property.

The law specifically speaks to who controls the property. That would include those who lease or sublet the property.
    Does an employer have the right to have an employee of another business car searched in a multi-unit property if he feels it "necessary to prevent an immediate threat to human health, life, (and) safety" or does his ability to do so only extend to his own employees or designated parking spaces since he doesn't control the entire property?

Not being pedantic, genuinely interested in how the law would apply as I can see it being complicated when enforcing in certain situations.

Well, this law serves absolutely no purpose, so i will completely disregard it. If my employer ever searches my vehicle, it will be time for me to seek new employment anyways.

I'm not traveling unarmed because of my employer's paranoia about guns. If anyone ever decides to shoot up a work place, the no gun policy isnt going to prevent it from happening any more than any other gun free zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Browning151 View Post
    Does an employer have the right to have an employee of another business car searched in a multi-unit property if he feels it "necessary to prevent an immediate threat to human health, life, (and) safety" or does his ability to do so only extend to his own employees or designated parking spaces since he doesn't control the entire property?

Not being pedantic, genuinely interested in how the law would apply as I can see it being complicated when enforcing in certain situations.
    If the employer can communicate his fears, police would be able to search the vehicle.

As to the rest of the question, its over my head. You would need to talk to a lawyer about it. I would assume his answer would be something along the lines of "it would be decided on a case by case basis".

If the employer can communicate his fears, police would be able to search the vehicle.

As to the rest of the question, its over my head. You would need to talk to a lawyer about it. I would assume his answer would be something along the lines of "it would be decided on a case by case basis".
    That's sort of what I figured, that it would be up to a LEO to investigate any claim and determine whether a search was warranted or not. It's been a couple of years since I got my permit and really read up on the latest, guess its time to spend a little time getting caught up with any changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    If Obama had a son...

Islander

What a tragic outcome.....

the teen didn't get killed.....
    I got free clear tails with my ride.....

NFL banned this commercial from the superbowl..................

The NFL has rules in place for those kinds of commercials. Do you think those should change to suit Daniel Defense?

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

The NFL has rules in place for those kinds of commercials. Do you think those should change to suit Daniel Defense?
    What are "those type of commercials" ?

the NFL can sell their air time as they see fit..... i just think people should acknowledge and question their unamerican stance against a particular company selling a particular product.

What are "those type of commercials" ?

the NFL can sell their air time as they see fit..... i just think people should acknowledge and question their unamerican stance against a particular company selling a particular product.
    These types of commercials...

http://compassmedianetworks.com/imag...singpolicy.pdf

Do you think they should change their policy to suit "Daniel Defense", and if so, should they change their policy for anyone else looking to advertise in those prohibited groups? Why or why not?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

These types of commercials...

http://compassmedianetworks.com/imag...singpolicy.pdf

Do you think they should change their policy to suit "Daniel Defense", and if so, should they change their policy for anyone else looking to advertise in those prohibited groups? Why or why not?
    Theyre free to market their product however they like. Unlike you, i dont believe in forcing anyone to do anything based on my disagreement with them. I think consumers should question the NFL's business practices...... they get a pass because we like football so much. If the NFL was as family oriented as they pretend to be.............. they would ban criminals and drug addicts from playing football and not products from being advertised.... but i'm sure that would be racists..... since we know how that would turn out.

Theyre free to market their product however they like. Unlike you, i dont believe in forcing anyone to do anything based on my disagreement with them. I think consumers should question the NFL's business practices...... they get a pass because we like football so much. If the NFL was as family oriented as they pretend to be.............. they would ban criminals and drug addicts from playing football and not products from being advertised.... but i'm sure that would be racists..... since we know how that would turn out.
    Who exactly is allowed to market their products however they like? Daniel Defense? You're right, they are. So if they approach the NFL with this commercial and a check, and the NFL says no based on these guidelines, we should question the NFLs guidelines?

You also mentioned the guidelines are un-American. Why do you believe the guidelines are "un-American"?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Who exactly is allowed to market their products however they like? Daniel Defense? You're right, they are. So if they approach the NFL with this commercial and a check, and the NFL says no based on these guidelines, we should question the NFLs guidelines?

You also mentioned the guidelines are un-American. Why do you believe the guidelines are "un-American"?
    Yes, we should question the NFL's business practices. They are not above being questioned simply because we're satisfied with the product. We should hold all business' accountable for how their actions affect our communities.

The NFL is free to market their product however they like. Their actions should be questioned though.

Last edited by Sinfix_15; 12-02-2013 at 09:03 AM.

We should hold all businesses accountable for how their actions affect our communities.
    Do you feel this way all the time? Or only when the discussion is about guns?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Was the ad approved or denied by the NFL?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Do you feel this way all the time? Or only when the discussion is about guns?
    All the time. Again, unlike you..... my principles are the same regardless of political affiliation. You're "ride or die" for team big government democrats and you adjust your views to accommodate supporting them.

I want to make a key clarification to my comment.......................................

PEOPLE..... consumers..... should question business practices and adjust their consumption with the affect the company has on their community in mind. Not the government, not the EPA, not the IRS.....

All the time.
    So then what affect did not allowing this commercial, in accordance with their guidelines, have on the community?

PEOPLE..... consumers..... should question business practices and adjust their consumption with the affect the company has on their community in mind. Not the government, not the EPA, not the IRS.....
    Youre more than welcome to boycott football. But me thinks that's not gonna happen.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

So then what affect did not allowing this commercial, in accordance with their guidelines, have on the community?
    It contributes to the anti-gun brain washing of big government. In America you have a constitutional right to own firearms and firearms are an integrated part of our society. What kind of political statement is it for a company to ban gun advertisements?

Youre more than welcome to boycott football. But me thinks that's not gonna happen.
    The good outweighs the bad with football, but that doesnt mean we cant discuss the errors of the NFL. The NFL has changed dramatically over the years and a lot of it's actions are driven by the communities that support the teams. Typical to your usual liberal ideology, you have an all or nothing mindset.... "you dont like something about the NFL, well boycott football"....

Damn son...................................... This guy right here is droppin knowledge.

Colion Noir

Skip to 1:05 to avoid the replaying of the commercial.
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 12-02-2013 at 02:29 PM.

I've seen this one already. I wanna see the version where he wakes up to her slowly taking his pants off while explaining how holding a heater makes her insides moist. Cue blowjob/passionate sex/anal/etc.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

What a moron.