Results 2,041 to 2,080 of 2190

Thread: Defend your right to own a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post

I forgot you are incapable of a legitimate debate. My bad, I posted something that hasn't been on MSNBC yet.

Therefore it can't be true... But I wonder, that box you live in has to get smaller everyday doesn't it?

I mean, it's absurd to think that since every phone call, email, text etc gets tracked and stored they wouldn't dare use this technology to do the same.

But since you posted a "tinfoil hat" conspiracy pic within 6 minutes of my post, you had enough time to read the entire article, research it, write a thesis on it and be deemed the premier expert on the subject.

But hey, maybe I should resend my post. Since the ACLU is such a far-right conspiracy organization and all.

The ACLU has been known to sensationalize things from time to time.

But let me ask you this, if this is exactly what it says it is, why is the government saving information it already has? Doesn't it seem a little redundant to you?

Are you aware that police scan your license plate when they get a chance anyway?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

But let me ask you this, if this is exactly what it says it is, why is the government saving information it already has? Doesn't it seem a little redundant to you?

Are you aware that police scan your license plate when they get a chance anyway?

Maybe you're right. Maybe everytime a police officer scans your license plate himself, it just pulls up YouTube videos of donuts or something. Lol. These scanners are definitely the key to finding out if you are who you say you are and if your ride is stolen or not. Lol.

IM FEELING SO OUTRAGED NOW ABOUY POLICE GETTING MY INFORMATION OFF OF MY GOVERNMENT LICENSE PLATE. SOMEONE SHOULD PUT A STOP TO THIS

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

You have trouble connecting the dots don't you?

why is the government saving information it already has?
    So the gov't has location data on your license plate at all times now?

Quote Originally Posted by Browning151 View Post
    You have trouble connecting the dots don't you?
    Yes. I have trouble connecting the dots you make up. Of course, Im not one to make mountain issues out of sand grades.

So the gov't has location data on your license plate at all times now?
    The government STILL doesn't have location data on your plate at all times now. What did you read that made you believe that?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Yes. I have trouble connecting the dots you make up. Of course, Im not one to make mountain issues out of sand grades.

The government STILL doesn't have location data on your plate at all times now. What did you read that made you believe that?
    All times? no, poor choice of words on my part.

Why do they need ANY location data on your license plate, or to hold this data for any length of time? Scan the plate, run it through the database, if there is no legal need for the plate to be stored (warrant, stolen vehicle etc.) the data should be dumped.

You do realize there's already video cameras in place, capable of resolving license plates, with location info on them right?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

You do realize there's already video cameras in place, capable of resolving license plates, with location info on them right?
    Do they read every passing car and store the information?

Just because the capability is there doesn't make it any more ok, or make me agree with the practice any more.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

So one of my friends house got raided yesterday. He was at home with his wife and kids, his wife was playing in the yard with their children when 5-6 cars rolled up and armed men entered the yard detaining his wife at gun point before entering the house unannounced and without permission, upon entering the house, they came into his room where he was sleeping and he woke up to a gun pointed in his face.

After clearing the house and handcuffing his family, the police realized that they were at the wrong house and that he was not the person they were looking for. The name they had was an unknown person and the address they had on their warrant wasnt even in the same neighborhood. It wasnt a case of got a number wrong or meant to get the neighbors... they were in a completely different neighborhood from where they were supposed to be.

He said the police officer told him "i'm sorry, someone must not like you for them to call you in", which i thought was odd seeing as how the warrant they had wasnt his name or address and was actually no where even close to his house.

My friend is a 31 year old black male, married with 3 kids, normal law abiding citizen with no record.

In an event such as this.... what would happen if an officer who entered the house unannounced was shot? Are their any legal avenues to file charges against the police department for something like this?

I don't know how true your story is, but your emotional embellishments make it less believable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    So one of my friends house got raided yesterday. He was at home with his wife and kids, his wife was playing in the yard with their children when 5-6 cars rolled up and armed men entered the yard detaining his wife at gun point before entering the house unannounced and without permission, upon entering the house, they came into his room where he was sleeping and he woke up to a gun pointed in his face.
    If they came in unannounced, they had a no knock warrant and they didnt need his permission.

After clearing the house and handcuffing his family
    Handcuffing his family? you mean him, his wife, and all of his children were in handcuffs, before they realized they were in the wrong house?

the police realized that they were at the wrong house and that he was not the person they were looking for. The name they had was an unknown person and the address they had on their warrant wasnt even in the same neighborhood. It wasnt a case of got a number wrong or meant to get the neighbors... they were in a completely different neighborhood from where they were supposed to be.
    Dont know how much I believe this....

In an event such as this.... what would happen if an officer who entered the house unannounced was shot?
    You'd probably get shot at, and a 5-6 man narcotics team against your pistol or AR, they'd win that battle.

Are their any legal avenues to file charges against the police department for something like this?
    File charges against the police department for making a mistake? Probably not.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

I don't know how true your story is, but your emotional embellishments make it less believable. If they came in unannounced, they had a no knock warrant and they didnt need his permission.

Handcuffing his family? you mean him, his wife, and all of his children were in handcuffs, before they realized they were in the wrong house?

Dont know how much I believe this....

You'd probably get shot at, and a 5-6 man narcotics team against your pistol or AR, they'd win that battle.

File charges against the police department for making a mistake? Probably not.
    Sometimes i really shake my head at you pretending to be an intelligent person......

Lets put things in perspective........

My friend relaying this information to me was as sleep when they detained his wife. So his story of what happened outside was 2nd hand given to him from his wife and kids. His wife and kids both had a traumatic experience that would blur the details of what happened. When people roll up on you with guns, you're not thinking 100% clear.. youre probably scared to death. Obviously they didnt cuff his children, but that still doesnt mean seeing their mom with guns pointed at her or their dad removed from a house in cuffs was not traumatizing. His wife said she did not give them permission to enter the house and that when they pulled up, people started entering the house immediately, that they didnt even ask. They detained her and approached the house upon arrival... this is what she said... the only questions they asked where "who is _____" "is ______ here?" So then police come in the house and remove my friend at gun point.

After they had been removed from the house, he was showed a warrant. That warrant was not for his house, not for his name... wasnt on the same street or neighborhood.

Now, back to my question.....

If someone kicks my door down and i shoot them, would i be legally liable? I understand the most likely scenario would be that i get killed by the police.... in which case i assume they would get slapped on the wrist for the mistake and life would go on... for them.

Am i the only one who finds things like this alarming? these stories become more frequent by the day.

Sometimes i really shake my head at you pretending to be an intelligent person......

Lets put things in perspective........

My friend relaying this information to me was as sleep when they detained his wife. So his story of what happened outside was 2nd hand given to him from his wife and kids. His wife and kids both had a traumatic experience that would blur the details of what happened. When people roll up on you with guns, you're not thinking 100% clear.. youre probably scared to death. Obviously they didnt cuff his children, but that still doesnt mean seeing their mom with guns pointed at her or their dad removed from a house in cuffs was not traumatizing. His wife said she did not give them permission to enter the house and that when they pulled up, people started entering the house immediately, that they didnt even ask. They detained her and approached the house upon arrival... this is what she said... the only questions they asked where "who is _____" "is ______ here?" So then police come in the house and remove my friend at gun point.

After they had been removed from the house, he was showed a warrant. That warrant was not for his house, not for his name... wasnt on the same street or neighborhood.

Now, back to my question.....

If someone kicks my door down and i shoot them, would i be legally liable? I understand the most likely scenario would be that i get killed by the police.... in which case i assume they would get slapped on the wrist for the mistake and life would go on... for them.

Am i the only one who finds things like this alarming? these stories become more frequent by the day.
    I have a very hard time believing this story. You can find dozens of cases where police raid the wrong house, as in raiding a house next to the correct house, or even raiding a house with the same name but different ending (peachtree way instead of peachtree lane).

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    I have a very hard time believing this story. You can find dozens of cases where police raid the wrong house, as in raiding a house next to the correct house, or even raiding a house with the same name but different ending (peachtree way instead of peachtree lane).
    That's what i thought was very strange about this. The name of the street on the warrant wasnt something that could have been an "honest mistake" and when they apologized, they didnt say sorry for reading it wrong or making an honest mistake, he said "someone must not like you and called you in".

It is what it is, if you dont believe the story, nothing i can do to prove otherwise. If i just wanted to talk about the police, like you said... there's tons of stories like this.

Assault car used in mass murder attempt. Congress needs to act swiftly to ban these types of cars. Authorities say the vehicle used was a black military assault type with a high capacity fuel tank and the ability to reach speeds well beyond the legal limit on any US street or highway.

It's a good thing Assault cars are already regulated. Wonder when guns will be.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Guns are too. It's illegal for felons to purchase them. Is it illegal for a felon to purchase a car?

Are you saying that guns are not regulated?

So can we all agree that guns and cars should be regulated?

Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    So can we all agree that guns and cars should be regulated?
    So you are saying that guns are not regulated?

Guns are too. It's illegal for felons to purchase them. Is it illegal for a felon to purchase a car?
    Actualy cars are kinda regulated thanks to the patrion act! When I was a dealer I had to enter the name of the person buying the car into a data base. If i got a hit on them being a possible terroist I could not sell them a car! Example you get into a argument with a neighbor and say your going to kick his ass or worse! The cops come and arrest you for terroist acts or threats I can not sell you a car! Or any other dealer for that matter.
    Hella stock member!

Guns are not regulated like cars. No.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by silversol View Post
    Actualy cars are kinda regulated thanks to the patrion act! When I was a dealer I had to enter the name of the person buying the car into a data base. If i got a hit on them being a possible terroist I could not sell them a car! Example you get into a argument with a neighbor and say your going to kick his ass or worse! The cops come and arrest you for terroist acts or threats I can not sell you a car! Or any other dealer for that matter.
    This is dubious. I'd like to see a source for that. There was no such database when I worked at Nissan.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Guns are not regulated like cars. No.
    Should we regulate the size and speed of cars? like they do guns?

Should we regulate the size and speed of cars? like they do guns?
    Ever seen a NASCAR or an F1 car pull up to you at a stoplight?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Ever seen a NASCAR or an F1 car pull up to you at a stoplight?
    Those are not regulated based on size or speed. If they had headlights and tail lights they would be welcome.

This isnt all that different from an f1 car based on the characteristics of it.

But they are regulated for the safety of everyone else on the road.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

This isnt all that different from an f1 car based on the characteristics of it.

I know, as a lancer driver, you're probably not all that familiar with F1 cars, but there are VAST differences between that and an F1 car.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

But they are regulated for the safety of everyone else on the road.
    Not really.... it's more of a revenue system. If i was cruising down the road in a nascar, my ticket would be for head lights, tail lights, tag and insurance.... not "for driving a nascar"

No definitely not. I'm just trying to get a common starting point. There are people out there who think guns should not be regulated at all. We can't agree on what is reasonable regulation if we can't agree if regulation is appropriate at all.

I know, as a lancer driver, you're probably not all that familiar with F1 cars, but there are VAST differences between that and an F1 car.
    Who is a lancer driver? certainly not i.

What characteristic separates an f1 car from an atom? One being faster than the other? speed isnt regulated..... i can go buy something that does 200mph right now and wont be asked any question other than "cash or credit"