Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gun Question

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    “And by the way… On health care issues going on in D.C. right now? Be wary when some kind of tie-in occurs; Because it will come up: A tie-in with guns in an attempt to take away our Second Amendment rights under the guise of some new health care plan – You know that this is coming – That the two issues will somehow crop up and they’ll be tied together. So we have to be very wary on this.” ~ Governor Sarah Palin, August 1, 2009 Anchorage, Alaska

Liberal 2009, fantasy land - " come on............ more of this rhetoric? Obama doesnt want your guns, quit being racist fear mongers, this will never happen "
    Why do you waste time posting ignorant crap in threads that don't involve it? Make a new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Andr3w View Post
    As far as protecting myself from the government... well I don't think that will happen personally.
    Thank you that's all I'm inquiring about.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by simontibbett View Post
    Why do you waste time posting ignorant crap in threads that don't involve it? Make a new thread.
    is your question as simple as

"what do you do with an AR15? "

is your question as simple as

"what do you do with an AR15? "
    Um no, my question was if you believed that you needed an assault weapon to hold off the government. Do you not bother to read anything before jumping to arguing? You never fail at doing this.

I don't care if people have an AR15, makes no difference to me (although no where did I mention an AR15), if you learned to read or at least comprehend what you read you may be better off.

You can do anything with an AR15. Look at all these criminals breaking the law with their "assault rifles". The ability to defend yourself against "the worst" is part of the equation but not the entire equation. It's not like when you look in the gun case it's marked "hunting gun" "target gun" "gun for fighting gobberment"

AR15 is nothing more than an effective rifle. Much like this government's economic policies... they punish success. AR15 does what a rifle is suppose to do. The misuse of this gun or any other gun in existence is the criminal. Laws have zero effect on criminals, they dont observe laws. Should we bend the barrels of our rifles and drop them in the dirt just so that theyre less effective? If we're going to accept this mentality, do we apply it to all things? cars kill more people than guns.... do we ban "excessive" cars. You dont need to go over 55... so ban everything that goes over 55. Your race car that you only drive on a track..... ban that too since you could misuse it on the street if you chose. It's the same argument..... dont let perception overtake reality. Perception has caused a lot of harm throughout history. As a "last resort"..... guns are defense against tyranny.... when the constitution was written, the government had muskets and offered it's people muskets.....at the time, that was an equal share of power. In modern day, our government has aircraft carriers, planes, jets, bombs, rockets, drones....... and they tell me "no magazines over 10 rounds"....

You have to be kidding...

Um no, my question was if you believed that you needed an assault weapon to hold off the government. Do you not bother to read anything before jumping to arguing? You never fail at doing this.

I don't care if people have an AR15, makes no difference to me (although no where did I mention an AR15), if you learned to read or at least comprehend what you read you may be better off.
    if you dont know why im referencing an AR15 specifically then you must not own a fucking television... sometimes i swear you liberal bitches are just reading note cards and not even paying attention to current events.

if you dont know why im referencing an AR15 specifically then you must not own a fucking television... sometimes i swear you liberal bitches are just reading note cards and not even paying attention to current events.
    I know WHY you mentioned an AR15, but that just shows once again you're literally too stupid to process the words in a post as you just showed again. Like I swear you have to just be joking 98% of the time just to have an argument, there's no way anyone that has as much thoughts as you can be as stupid as you portray yourself to be.

Sometimes I swear you republicans never made it out of elementary school. I guess I should jump on the "republican vs democrat" bandwagon around here since you split the country into two.

I know WHY you mentioned an AR15, but that just shows once again you're literally too stupid to process the words in a post as you just showed again. Like I swear you have to just be joking 98% of the time just to have an argument, there's no way anyone that has as much thoughts as you can be as stupid as you portray yourself to be.

Sometimes I swear you republicans never made it out of elementary school. I guess I should jump on the "republican vs democrat" bandwagon around here since you split the country into two.
    ok, let me show you a magic trick.... go back through what i just said.... replace "ar15" with "assault weapon".....

You havnt made a single valid point about anything.... yet you continue to critique my argument. You think your mindset is normal and insult me..........

when you really said "if the government came after me i would shoot myself".....

if you think that thought is either rational or commonly accepted..... GO CHECK YOUR FUCKING DUMBASS INTO A MENTAL HEALTH HOSPITAL!!!!!

ok, let me show you a magic trick.... go back through what i just said.... replace "ar15" with "assault weapon".....

You havnt made a single valid point about anything.... yet you continue to critique my argument. You think your mindset is normal and insult me..........

when you really said "if the government came after me i would shoot myself".....

if you think that thought is either rational or commonly accepted..... GO CHECK YOUR FUCKING DUMBASS INTO A MENTAL HEALTH HOSPITAL!!!!!
    Yeah because I would really shoot myself? lol Why bother having a rational debate with someone that doesn't understand others viewpoints? Although I don't see how you could hold off our military if they came looking for a fight and I personally wouldn't want to shoot people just to then live in turmoil until I die of some other cause. Of course this is so off the wall nobody can really judge what they would do in that situation. If the military tried to "take us or kill us" more than likely you wouldn't have the chance to shoot back.

The question served no "assault weapon ban" question and had nothing to do with indicating that it's stupid to own guns. I had not heard until recently so many people complaining mainly because they felt they wouldn't be able to fight off the US government if a ban or restrictions were put into place and I wanted to see how many actually saw it like that. I'm aware what the Constitution says and how it was written, but I never knew people took it so literal in 2013 that they thought guns may protect them in that sense. So I decided to see some more viewpoints.

Simple. As. That.

You took it as an insult against your precious love for clearly the AR15. You didn't read or think and started attacking me as you typically do with other members as well.

Yeah because I would really shoot myself? lol Why bother having a rational debate with someone that doesn't understand others viewpoints? Although I don't see how you could hold off our military if they came looking for a fight and I personally wouldn't want to shoot people just to then live in turmoil until I die of some other cause. Of course this is so off the wall nobody can really judge what they would do in that situation. If the military tried to "take us or kill us" more than likely you wouldn't have the chance to shoot back.

The question served no "assault weapon ban" question and had nothing to do with indicating that it's stupid to own guns. I had not heard until recently so many people complaining mainly because they felt they wouldn't be able to fight off the US government if a ban or restrictions were put into place and I wanted to see how many actually saw it like that. I'm aware what the Constitution says and how it was written, but I never knew people took it so literal in 2013 that they thought guns may protect them in that sense. So I decided to see some more viewpoints.

Simple. As. That.

You took it as an insult against your precious love for clearly the AR15. You didn't read or think and started attacking me as you typically do with other members as well.
    as a LAST RESORT against tyranny...... LAST RESORT LAST RESORT LAST RESORT.................

This doesnt mean that we should hang "gobberment attack plan" beside the fire escape plan. It's a last resort preparation for the worst. Believe it or not... once upon a time before we became a nation where 1-7 people were on food stamps... we were a nation that was prepared for everything.

Government tyranny.... probable? no.... likely? no..... possible? absolutely... as historical data would prove. During the last 100 years on this planet... more people have been killed by their own governments than any foreign attacker. Right now.... as we speak.... at this very moment.... someone is being fired upon by their own government.

• Under Lenin and Stalin, the Soviet government became
    one of the world’s greatest killers. Lenin’s policies in
    1921-1922 caused an estimated 4 million deaths and
    in 1932, Stalin ordered that the Ukraine be starved to enforce collectivisation policies and to crush
    Ukrainian nationalism resulting in the murder of at least 8 million Ukrainians
    • Between 1917 and 1953 (the year of Stalin’s death), the Soviet Union executed, in one way or another,
    some 40 million people and many Russian and international historians estimate the figure to be even
    higher
    • In China, under Mao Tse Tung, 2 million dissidents or `class enemies’ were shot and another one
    million Tibetans and Turkestani Muslims were `liquidated.’ Between 1950 and 1975, an estimated 30
    million people starved to death with another two million dying during the Cultural Revolution. This
    amounts to a total of some 35 million people
    • Hitler and the Nazis were responsible for the deaths of 12 million civilians, half of them Jews
    • An estimated two million German civilians were killed in 1945, and at least 200,000 died in
    concentration camps between 1945 and 1953. The Allied forces ‘handed back’ an estimated 2 million
    Soviet citizens to Stalin in 1945: half of them were shot and the rest sent to Arctic camps where many of
    them died
    • During World War I, the Ottoman Empire murdered or starved up to 2 million Armenians, the first
    great genocide of the new century
    • In the early 1960’s, 600,000 ethnic Chinese were massacred in Indonesia by government-encouraged
    mobs and soldiers
    • During the Marcos era in the Philippines, 75,000 Muslims were massacred by government paramilitary
    gangs
    • In 1971, Pakistani troops killed tens of thousands of Bengalis in former East Pakistan. Indian security
    forces and police have massacred great numbers of tribespeople in border regions and many civilians in
    Kashmir and Punjab
    • Between 1975 and 1979, an estimated 2 million people were killed in Cambodia during the regime of
    Pol Pot
    • In the 1980’s, Ethiopia’s then Marxist regime through a series of policies including forced relocation
    caused the deaths of an estimated million people, often through starvation
    • 1994 witnessed the slaughter of an estimated 800,000 Tutsis and Hutu ‘dissidents’ at the hands of
    Rwanda’s Hutu government
    • Serbia’s nationalist regime orchestrated the massacre of 200,000 Muslim civilians in Bosnia between
    1992 and 1995.

CAUTION!!!!! WARNING!!!!! Liberals beware.... especially you Blank, even though you might not think so.... i like you and am concerned about your safety. There are facts in the next post..... i know statistical facts are like silver to a vampire when it comes to liberals, so make sure you guys put on your sunscreen, jackets or whatever it is you wear for protection to keep you head from exploding when you click this next link.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...urdered-knive/

as a LAST RESORT against tyranny...... LAST RESORT LAST RESORT LAST RESORT.................

This doesnt mean that we should hang "gobberment attack plan" beside the fire escape plan. It's a last resort preparation for the worst. Believe it or not... once upon a time before we became a nation where 1-7 people were on food stamps... we were a nation that was prepared for everything.

Government tyranny.... probable? no.... likely? no..... possible? absolutely... as historical data would prove. During the last 100 years on this planet... more people have been killed by their own governments than any foreign attacker. Right now.... as we speak.... at this very moment.... someone is being fired upon by their own government.

• Under Lenin and Stalin, the Soviet government became
    one of the world’s greatest killers. Lenin’s policies in
    1921-1922 caused an estimated 4 million deaths and
    in 1932, Stalin ordered that the Ukraine be starved to enforce collectivisation policies and to crush
    Ukrainian nationalism resulting in the murder of at least 8 million Ukrainians
    • Between 1917 and 1953 (the year of Stalin’s death), the Soviet Union executed, in one way or another,
    some 40 million people and many Russian and international historians estimate the figure to be even
    higher
    • In China, under Mao Tse Tung, 2 million dissidents or `class enemies’ were shot and another one
    million Tibetans and Turkestani Muslims were `liquidated.’ Between 1950 and 1975, an estimated 30
    million people starved to death with another two million dying during the Cultural Revolution. This
    amounts to a total of some 35 million people
    • Hitler and the Nazis were responsible for the deaths of 12 million civilians, half of them Jews
    • An estimated two million German civilians were killed in 1945, and at least 200,000 died in
    concentration camps between 1945 and 1953. The Allied forces ‘handed back’ an estimated 2 million
    Soviet citizens to Stalin in 1945: half of them were shot and the rest sent to Arctic camps where many of
    them died
    • During World War I, the Ottoman Empire murdered or starved up to 2 million Armenians, the first
    great genocide of the new century
    • In the early 1960’s, 600,000 ethnic Chinese were massacred in Indonesia by government-encouraged
    mobs and soldiers
    • During the Marcos era in the Philippines, 75,000 Muslims were massacred by government paramilitary
    gangs
    • In 1971, Pakistani troops killed tens of thousands of Bengalis in former East Pakistan. Indian security
    forces and police have massacred great numbers of tribespeople in border regions and many civilians in
    Kashmir and Punjab
    • Between 1975 and 1979, an estimated 2 million people were killed in Cambodia during the regime of
    Pol Pot
    • In the 1980’s, Ethiopia’s then Marxist regime through a series of policies including forced relocation
    caused the deaths of an estimated million people, often through starvation
    • 1994 witnessed the slaughter of an estimated 800,000 Tutsis and Hutu ‘dissidents’ at the hands of
    Rwanda’s Hutu government
    • Serbia’s nationalist regime orchestrated the massacre of 200,000 Muslim civilians in Bosnia between
    1992 and 1995.
    You could have just posted that and I would have respected that answer.

I do appreciate the legitimate reply though.

Hey, you used politifact. At least it's a start

"OUR RULING:

The post uses data selectively, ignoring the significant role of handguns in gun violence. But the statistics it mentions are solid. FBI data backs up the Facebook post’s claim that in 2011, more people were murdered with knives, "hands or feet" or "clubs and hammers" than with any type of rifle. We rate the statement True."

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    Hey, you used politifact. At least it's a start

"OUR RULING:

The post uses data selectively, ignoring the significant role of handguns in gun violence. But the statistics it mentions are solid. FBI data backs up the Facebook post’s claim that in 2011, more people were murdered with knives, "hands or feet" or "clubs and hammers" than with any type of rifle. We rate the statement True."
    I read that part....... assault rifles are the ones up for ban..... even though theyre the lowest stat. Explain?

I read that part....... assault rifles are the ones up for ban..... even though theyre the lowest stat. Explain?
    Easy.

The majority of people just hear "gun" and nothing else. They picture guns to be violent and they see all the time on the news how they kill. They hear "assault rifle" and picture a military weapon. They even go by this on looks alone as we have seen. Assault weapon ban means more on board to limit other firearms. It's just an easy tool to use to bring people on board. I don't care if you're an Obama is God fan or what, there's no denying that the actual gun bans/policies don't make actual sense if you really look into it.

At least that's what I see here but hey I'm just a moron.

Easy.

The majority of people just hear "gun" and nothing else. They picture guns to be violent and they see all the time on the news how they kill. They hear "assault rifle" and picture a military weapon. They even go by this on looks alone as we have seen. Assault weapon ban means more on board to limit other firearms. It's just an easy tool to use to bring people on board. I don't care if you're an Obama is God fan or what, there's no denying that the actual gun bans/policies don't make actual sense if you really look into it.

At least that's what I see here but hey I'm just a moron.

I would buy you a beer for this quality post you just made.

So the bulk order of magazines I ordered even before Obama's go nowhere speech arrived today. I must say, I'm a little jelly of the ones I got for my wife's pistol.

19 round magazines. Curse you Springfield XD9M, my Smith & Wesson 5906 Tactical only holds 16.

Meh... I don't ever see myself going "Red Dawn" and fending off an Army. Does that mean i don't think I should own what I own??? Absolutely not.

I have a crazy idea.

Let's enforce the laws we already have, with vigor if need be.

Let's take the lady in Loganville that just happened. IIRC she fired 6 shots (emptied the revolver), hitting the man 5 times in the head and neck and he still drove away before collapsing. Adrenaline can do funny things.

But what if there would have been more than one assailant... Under the new NY law she would have one bullet left for (X) number of attackers. If for some reason she had a pre-ban clip and had more than 7 bullets in it... She is a criminal and subject to arrest. Just like the douchebag that just tried to kill her

"Naw OBAMA wood neber let dat happn" you say??

Think again. Liberal utopia has a price... That price only requires you giving up Constitutional rights.

Other than that it doesn't cost you anything.

I like to think of myself as a "conscious objector".

ive got to have one of these...........................

ive got to have one of these...........................

Bahahah I love his videos.

I swear the people that makes those photos are the stupidest individuals alive.

Stop posting them you're starting to look like them.

I swear the people that makes those photos are the stupidest individuals alive.

Stop posting them you're starting to look like them.
    That's the irony of it...... theyre stupid because theyre an attempt to tap into the liberal psyche.... you know, because liberals are stupid.

That's the irony of it...... theyre stupid because theyre an attempt to tap into the liberal psyche.... you know, because liberals are stupid.
    No they're not. They're a visual logical fallacy designed by some kid who doesn't know anything.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

You seem to think every liberal believes that if guns are banned, crime stops.

The only liberals that think that for the most part are the made up ones in your mind.

You seem to think every liberal believes that if guns are banned, crime stops.

The only liberals that think that for the most part are the made up ones in your mind.
    Liberals are social parasites. I dont concern myself with their beliefs anymore than i ponder what roaches believe. All i know is the world would be a better place without them.

I just want to have it on record that I called Sinfix a caricature of a conservative and I called it weeks ago. He's the equivalent of Stephen Colbert but less funny and more transparent.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    I just want to have it on record that I called Sinfix a caricature of a conservative and I called it weeks ago. He's the equivalent of Stephen Colbert but less funny and more transparent.
    Yep, im your stereotypical atheist conservative that supports gays, a woman's right to chose, stem cell research and citizenship for immigrants.

and i would legalize weed.... just like all the other conservatives.

Yep, im your stereotypical atheist conservative that supports gays, a woman's right to chose, stem cell research and citizenship for immigrants.

and i would legalize weed.... just like all the other conservatives.
    I think he means stereotypical libertarian.

citizenship for immigrants.
    Since when are conservatives against immigrants getting citizenship? What you really mean is illegals getting citizenship, which I am against. I am in favor of is a path to legality, but not full citizenship.

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 2.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123