Thread: "Chicago is the blue print for national gun laws" -Obama

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Default "Chicago is the blue print for national gun laws" -Obama

Here's an old video of Obama saying what you want to hear and then doing something completely different as usual.

FLASHBACK: Obama: I Will NOT Take Your Guns Away | CNS News

How come all of these cities with such great gun laws all seem to be violent shit holes?

”The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it away.” ~Thomas Jefferson
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 12-31-2012 at 02:25 PM.

You will not lose your guns!

Quote Originally Posted by nelson9995 View Post
    You will not lose your guns!
    Your moron of a president wants to model the nation off of Chicago................. one of the worst cities in the US. Chicago is proof that gun laws dont work..... yet this mother fucker is using Chicago as his example to sell us gun control.

how does he get away with this stupid shit you may ask???

simple.... because morons like you are his audience.

side note, what pleasure do you get from misquoting me in your sig?

Here we go

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    Here we go
    i know you guys have discussed it with each other.....

when are black people going to be ready to admit that Obama is horrible? gonna ride it out till the end or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    i know you guys have discussed it with each other.....

when are black people going to be ready to admit that Obama is horrible? gonna ride it out till the end or what?
    I, myself, will admit Obama is horrible when I get some hard evidence that says so.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Nothing will happen with guns, this is all overreacting to a tragedy. Doesnt matter what Obama believes, he doesnt have the votes to pass anything
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

NEVER will there be a complete ban on guns in this country, people that even think that's a possibility are the true morons here.

Precisely. Well...people thought Obama himself would overturn the 2nd amendment so they sat in lines like assholes en masse waiting for guns and ammo. That's what happened with guns.

Which reminds me of this picture.

I always chuckle when "2nd right'ers" post it up. Any intelligent gun store owner voted for Obama. He has been the most prolific gun salesmen in history.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Precisely. Well...people thought Obama himself would overturn the 2nd amendment so they sat in lines like assholes en masse waiting for guns and ammo. That's what happened with guns.

I always chuckle when "2nd right'ers" post it up. Any intelligent gun store owner voted for Obama. He has been the most prolific gun salesmen in history.
    Yeah that makes perfect sense. It also goes along with having a patriotic mindset.

They cant even ban Assault Weapons, not nearly enough votes to pass, will never happen. Obama would have to trade something like TAX RATES for minor GOP support on an issue like Gun Control?

The truth is guns arent a problem, its a very very very minor issue. No one will care 2 months from now.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Personally I think the people that cry so much about gun control laws, put signs up like above, and threaten gun use all the time but claim to be upstanding citizens should have all rights to bear arms revoked. They're a bigger issue than mass shootings. Mass shootings are rare, but other gun violence isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    They cant even ban Assault Weapons, not nearly enough votes to pass, will never happen. Obama would have to trade something like TAX RATES for minor GOP support on an issue like Gun Control?
    I always tell the people that think their guns are getting taken away: If they do take them away, it'll be because the NRA and conservative politicians wanted it.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

All jokes aside..... if you did ban all Obama supporters from owning guns, the crime rate would probably decline by astronomical proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by simontibbett View Post
    NEVER will there be a complete ban on guns in this country, people that even think that's a possibility are the true morons here.
    Trying is bad enough. I dont complain out of fear that Obama sill succeed...... hell.... whos really worried about him accomplishing anything? good or bad???....

I, myself, will admit Obama is horrible when I get some hard evidence that says so.
    I'm at a loss on what you would call hard evidence.

All jokes aside..... if you did ban all Obama supporters from owning guns, the crime rate would probably decline by astronomical proportions.
    LOL...

I would like to say this comment is completely false considering majority of crimes committed with a fire arm, are done so with one that has been stolen, purchased illegally, or taken from someone they know. You can't stop crime for happening unless someone informs the authorities ahead of time, and if they even believe the person. I'm for the 2nd amendment and own multiple handguns, rifles, and assault rifles I do not believe the ban will pass but I do believe its closer then ever before. Yes these last few tragities that have struck our country hard and opened some people's eyes, but banning certain types of firearms or putting limitations on firearms that are already in place are not going to fix psychotic people's minds that commit these terrible crimes.

on a side note I pulled this off GON.COM, maybe it will open some people's minds and change there narrow minded thinking about firearms.

***Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder

State Senator R.C. Soles (D - NC)
    Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City , N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.

The intruder, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen andBrunswick counties..

The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested,declined to discuss the incident Sunday evening.

"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone. "I'm right in the middle of an investigation."

The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.

In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do as i say and not as i do" Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting. Why hypocritical you may ask? It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.

(Comment made by forum member of GON, which I completely agree with)
    It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine.

But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.

Quote Originally Posted by 00CelicaGT View Post
    I would like to say this comment is completely false considering majority of crimes committed with a fire arm, are done so with one that has been stolen, purchased illegally, or taken from someone they know. You can't stop crime for happening unless someone informs the authorities ahead of time, and if they even believe the person. I'm for the 2nd amendment and own multiple handguns, rifles, and assault rifles I do not believe the ban will pass but I do believe its closer then ever before. Yes these last few tragities that have struck our country hard and opened some people's eyes, but banning certain types of firearms or putting limitations on firearms that are already in place are not going to fix psychotic people's minds that commit these terrible crimes.

on a side note I pulled this off GON.COM, maybe it will open some people's minds and change there narrow minded thinking about firearms.

***Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder

State Senator R.C. Soles (D - NC)
    Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City , N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.

The intruder, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen andBrunswick counties..

The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested,declined to discuss the incident Sunday evening.

"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone. "I'm right in the middle of an investigation."

The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.

In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do as i say and not as i do" Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting. Why hypocritical you may ask? It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.

(Comment made by forum member of GON, which I completely agree with)
    It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine.

But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.
    I agree with you sir. My comment was clearly a poorly delivered joke based on the notion that a particular demographic that strongly supports Obama controls a significant portion of the crime rate. I understand that laws have zero effect on criminals as they dont follow the laws anyways. I am a very strong supporter of the 2nd amendment. In theory, if you could take guns away from all "Obama supporters" (which is impossible), the crime rate would most certainly go down.

I agree with you sir. My comment was clearly a poorly delivered joke based on the notion that a particular demographic that strongly supports Obama controls a significant portion of the crime rate. I understand that laws have zero effect on criminals as they dont follow the laws anyways. I am a very strong supporter of the 2nd amendment. In theory, if you could take guns away from all "Obama supporters" (which is impossible), the crime rate would most certainly go down.
    I am not a supporter of any politician, what I posted was a perfect example why. I believe that they are all hypocrites and only support the "people" that share there agenda and those agendas change with every $5k dinner plate they sell when it's time for re-election. But that's just me, I dnt express or try to push these views to most people, co-workers, and even family.

But if u were to take guns away from "Obama supporters" yes the crime rate would drop, but not enough for it even show in the # reports. Why? Well while most "Obama supporters" are black & Latino those, majority of those supporters committing those crimes wouldn't even be able to vote considering most would already convicted felons and we all know convicted felons do not have that right and would also be possessing a firearm illegally. So most of them would be first time convictions, again yes the #s would drop but not enough to really affect the #s for the entire country.

Also IF "in Theory" we could take them away and it would make a difference I'd still say no cuz if they take them away from the "Obama supporters" who's to say the next president or house of reps, or the senate won't try to take yours or mine. Just like the saying most kids hear from parents, teacher, or relatives " If you give them an inch, they will take a mile" that's my only argue meant with your post

Chicago is proof that gun laws dont work..... yet this mother fucker is using Chicago as his example to sell us gun control.
    This statement reveals ideology at work. Chicago does not prove nor disprove the effectiveness of gun laws other than to say gun restrictions are not a silver bullet for violent crime in a country with hundreds of millions of guns. But any remotely logical person already knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by 00CelicaGT View Post
    But if u were to take guns away from "Obama supporters" yes the crime rate would drop, but not enough for it even show in the # reports. Why? Well while most "Obama supporters" are black & Latino those, majority of those supporters committing those crimes wouldn't even be able to vote considering most would already convicted felons and we all know convicted felons do not have that right and would also be possessing a firearm illegally. So most of them would be first time convictions, again yes the #s would drop but not enough to really affect the #s for the entire country.
    A majority of Obama supporters are white. I sometimes get the feeling that people in GA forget the rest of the country is not like GA.

Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    This statement reveals ideology at work. Chicago does not prove nor disprove the effectiveness of gun laws other than to say gun restrictions are not a silver bullet for violent crime in a country with hundreds of millions of guns. But any remotely logical person already knows that.
    I'm not convinced that we're dealing with remotely logical people here though....

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

I cant find any logic in saying "Chicago is the blueprint for gun laws in the US"

I'm not convinced that we're dealing with remotely logical people here though....
    There is plenty of irrationality on both sides and I suggest if you don't want to be lumped in with them, you should not present correlation as causation.

I cant find any logic in saying "Chicago is the blueprint for gun laws in the US"
    Then say that instead of asserting an unproven statement.

There is plenty of irrationality on both sides and I suggest if you don't want to be lumped in with them, you should not present correlation as causation.
    Wasn't aware that I did

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Banning guns doesnt solve crime
    Flooding the market with guns doesnt solve crime

Crime happens, Laws dont stop anything, only allows you to stop said people from doing it again.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Wasn't aware that I did
    That was directed at Sinflix who implied Chicago's crime rate proves that gun laws are pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Banning guns doesnt solve crime
    Flooding the market with guns doesnt solve crime

Crime happens, Laws dont stop anything, only allows you to stop said people from doing it again.
    Agree with everything except that laws don't stop anything. I would agree completely if you said laws don't stop everything rather than anything.