Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GOP Rejects White House Opening Budget Bid

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    So the fiscal cliff has been averted, well partially. People that still earn an income will see a minimum of a 2% jump in their taxes.

The people that no longer earn an income through wages, like Warren Buffet, will see no rise in their taxes.

EDIT: I havent confirmed this yet but I think I just heard that capital gains taxes jumped 5% also.

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 2.
    SS Taxes went back to the normal rate which effects everyone who gets a paycheck, like 2.3% increase. No big deal, should have happened.

Income taxes on individual making 400k+ went from 35%- 39% (Households 450k+)

Capital gains , which effects every american who invest, jumped from 15% to 20%

And in return, we got ZERO SPENDING CUTS

GOP needs to have its balls chopped off. What a bunch of spineless wimps. How did they let the Dems get away with ZERO SPENDING CUTS.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    And in return, we got ZERO SPENDING CUTS

GOP needs to have its balls chopped off. What a bunch of spineless wimps. How did they let the Dems get away with ZERO SPENDING CUTS.
    isnt that supposed to happen two months from now?

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    isnt that supposed to happen two months from now?
    They punted because neither party is serious about spending cuts.

They punted because neither party is serious about spending cuts.
    There you go right there. Both parties are more concerned with political points than they are with fixing the fiscal problems they created.

Lets look at both scenarios:

Fiscal Cliff:
    Taxes go up for EVERYONE , SS, Payroll taxes, Capital Gains, as well as individual income taxes(rates would go back to clinton era).
    Automatic spending cuts implemented across the board for defense and entitlements

What we got:
    Taxes go up for everyone, SS, payroll taxes, capital gains, as well as individual income taxes for people making $400,000+
    NO SPENDING CUTS

If im the GOP, and spending is the REAL problem (which i agree with 10000%), WHY THE FUCK DO I BACK A BILL WITH NO SPENDING CUTS THAT DOES THE EXACT SAME THING ON TAXES THAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED ANYWAY?????
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

If im the GOP, and spending is the REAL problem (which i agree with 10000%), WHY THE FUCK DO I BACK A BILL WITH NO SPENDING CUTS THAT DOES THE EXACT SAME THING ON TAXES THAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED ANYWAY?????
    Because they had no leverage. The dems always had the option of going over the cliff and getting even more increase in taxes. Many democrats were upset they didn't do exactly that. I actually think the GOP did pretty well given that they had no cards to play.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    Because they had no leverage. The dems always had the option of going over the cliff and getting even more increase in taxes. Many democrats were upset they didn't do exactly that. I actually think the GOP did pretty well given that they had no cards to play.
    Based on what you just said.... how in the world can anyone possibly support a democratic president?

The only reason the dems had that card to play is because they knew the media would support them by blaming the house GOP. If dems had to worry about the same media tactics that the GOP has to worry about, they would have caved a LONG time ago.

Debt ceiling and budget fights are going to start in the next few weeks. Dems are out of cards to play so maybe the GOP can shape the argument. My guess is that there is more of the same crap we saw this time. Dems get a complete pass by the media and the GOP gets slammed for wanting to execute the pitiful, victimized poor.

Lets be real about this though, GOP is as much to blame as the dems are. With Boehner at the helm, they have offered NOTHING in the form of an alternative to Obama's plans. Until they offer up a plan of their own and stick with it, they will continue to make it easy for the Dems to shape the argument.

The only reason the dems had that card to play is because they knew the media would support them by blaming the house GOP. If dems had to worry about the same media tactics that the GOP has to worry about, they would have caved a LONG time ago.

Debt ceiling and budget fights are going to start in the next few weeks. Dems are out of cards to play so maybe the GOP can shape the argument. My guess is that there is more of the same crap we saw this time. Dems get a complete pass by the media and the GOP gets slammed for wanting to execute the pitiful, victimized poor.
    I don't think that is entirely true. Both parties would have been blamed if nothing was done immediately after going over the cliff. The democrats would simply be in a much better bargaining position after going over the cliff because then everything proposed becomes a tax cut compared to the post cliff rates.

I don't think that is entirely true. Both parties would have been blamed if nothing was done immediately after going over the cliff. The democrats would simply be in a much better bargaining position after going over the cliff because then everything proposed becomes a tax cut compared to the post cliff rates.

Both parties would not have been blamed. The media would have dropped the blame squarely on the House GOP. Remember how the entire main stream media and every liberal in the world called it the do nothing congress? How many times do you think they singled out the Senate and how many times do you think they singled out the House?

Never mind the fact that the House sent the Senate more than 30 different jobs bills, none of which even got a shot at a vote, the media blamed the House GOP for not acting on Obama's jobs bill.
    Never mind the fact that the Senate hasnt even had a real vote on a budget in 3 years, the MSM seems to think its the House that is to blame for the never ending CR's.

Both parties would not have been blamed. The media would have dropped the blame squarely on the House GOP.
    In don't really care what the media says, I'm talking about the public. I think the public would have put some blame on both sides.

In don't really care what the media says, I'm talking about the public. I think the public would have put some blame on both sides.
    By and large, the public believes anything the media says. Most dont take the time to do their own research.

By and large, the public believes anything the media says. Most dont take the time to do their own research.
    Well since Fox News has the most viewers, I'm pretty sure the blame wouldn't all go to republicans then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12