Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obama won the election?

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    "These states, some with Republican governors, asked the federal government for more flexibility in how they hand out welfare dollars. Their purpose was to spend less time on federal paperwork and more time experimenting with ways to connect welfare recipients with jobs."
    I know how to read. I am asking how you eliminate programs for people with little to no job skills and increase employment by 20%. Sounds more like you would increase long term unemployment within that demographic.

BTW, I strongly believe that more than 90% of the people on welfare right now would find a way to support themselves if welfare wasnt there.

I wish I knew enough about politics to have a debate with you guys

AFA HOLLYWOOD PREMIER LEAGUE EST. 1998

"These states, some with Republican governors, asked the federal government for more flexibility in how they hand out welfare dollars. Their purpose was to spend less time on federal paperwork and more time experimenting with ways to connect welfare recipients with jobs."
    Ok, and........................
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by C230K View Post
    I wish I knew enough about politics to have a debate with you guys
    join the club

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    I know how to read. I am asking how you eliminate programs for people with little to no job skills and increase employment by 20%. Sounds more like you would increase long term unemployment within that demographic.

BTW, I strongly believe that more than 90% of the people on welfare right now would find a way to support themselves if welfare wasnt there.
    Open a few new government owned fast food chains, boom, jobs for the skill lacking individuals.

These chains accept food stamps, are decently priced anyway, and are entirely employed by these individuals you speak of. Aside from the managers, who are experienced.

Strict employment rules, strict drug screening, you call out more than a few times, you're gone, fail a drug test, banned from any government aid, bad attitude? Bye bye.

lol

On a real note, if 90% of people COULD work, have you looked for work in the past few years? Only recently have jobs started popping up in my area, I couldn't find a job for two years and applied EVERYWHERE, twice, only had one interview and wasn't hired because they thought I lived too far away.

Just saying there are people who need benefits and are seeking jobs, but these aren't the people that abuse the system. The people that abuse the system are the ones that walk in wearing a wife beater and baggy jeans and say "ey yall be hiring?" Obviously knowing the owner will say no.

Quote Originally Posted by simontibbett View Post
    On a real note, if 90% of people COULD work, have you looked for work in the past few years? Only recently have jobs started popping up in my area, I couldn't find a job for two years and applied EVERYWHERE, twice, only had one interview and wasn't hired because they thought I lived too far away.

Just saying there are people who need benefits and are seeking jobs, but these aren't the people that abuse the system. The people that abuse the system are the ones that walk in wearing a wife beater and baggy jeans and say "ey yall be hiring?" Obviously knowing the owner will say no.
    I just dont see this. In the past 4 years i've had *knocks on wood* 4 different jobs (more than one at a time up until recent). I've never had a problem getting steady employment, so much so that I would simply jump from job to job. Of course I'm not looking at the $60k/yr jobs, but still. Its not related to your "skills" but who you know. So I network.

If you werent getting job hits, ask your friends/old coworkers if there's anything. I told my dad to do the same thing when he lost his job, bam a month later he's got two interviews. Also if you still cant find one, lower your job expectations. $40k/yr is better than desiring a $60k/yr job, but not having one.

nahmean?

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    Do you have any data to back this up or is this just part of your worldview? It seems many people want to decide policy based on their unsubstatiated worldview and anecdotal experiences. I think we would all be better off and able to create better policy if we start with data rather than personal beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    I think we would all be better off and able to create better policy if we start with data rather than personal beliefs.
    But that would render the current GOP platform useless!

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

I totally stole this from SouthrnFresh... But I LOL'd for real.

But that would render the current GOP platform useless!
    As it would for the dem platform.

When.using actual facts 2+2 will never equal 5.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by l Gizzy l View Post
    I just dont see this. In the past 4 years i've had *knocks on wood* 4 different jobs (more than one at a time up until recent). I've never had a problem getting steady employment, so much so that I would simply jump from job to job. Of course I'm not looking at the $60k/yr jobs, but still. Its not related to your "skills" but who you know. So I network.

If you werent getting job hits, ask your friends/old coworkers if there's anything. I told my dad to do the same thing when he lost his job, bam a month later he's got two interviews. Also if you still cant find one, lower your job expectations. $40k/yr is better than desiring a $60k/yr job, but not having one.

nahmean?
    I was applying at McDonalds and stuff, I gave up looking for a decent paying job, I didn't care what it was after a few months of looking.

Luckily things came together and I got loads of work at what was my small part time job and other large odd jobs on the side, so I can't complain, but talk about stress when I felt 100% hopeless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12