Thread: My 2 biggest positives from yesterday

Default My 2 biggest positives from yesterday

1) State

We passed the Charter School Amendment! Great news! Now our children and parents can start having REAL options for education.

2) State

Colorado legalized Marijuana! This is also great news, not because i smoke it (because i dont) but because i believe it signals the end of the old guard. Weed should be legalized and taxed. Colorado will see BIG profits from this business.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

#1 >>>>>>>

#2 <<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

I've heard nothing but bad things about #1.

Quote Originally Posted by simontibbett View Post
    I've heard nothing but bad things about #1.
    Public education has had BILLIONS thrown at it from Dems to GOP presidents. Charter Schools will allow there to be more schools which will increase competition. Right now you are handicapped by geographic location. If you live in a shitty school system, you can either A) Go to private =$$$$$$ B) MOVE. Charter schools will now allow competition for state money, which increases the chance your kid gets a good education.

and they operate outside the normal teachers unions (GA doesnt allow unions so doesnt really apply to us).

I urge you to watch Waiting for Superman.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    and they operate outside the normal teachers unions (GA doesnt allow unions so doesnt really apply to us).
    Teachers are unionized in GA, they just dont have collective bargaining.

2) State

Colorado legalized Marijuana! This is also great news, not because i smoke it (because i dont) but because i believe it signals the end of the old guard. Weed should be legalized and taxed. Colorado will see BIG profits from this business.

How much do you want to be that mobile companies start exiting Colorado as soon as possible. Prices for work done by service companies is going to increase drastically to cover much higher workers comp and liability insurance.

Say you work for a small manufacturer that has a machine shop. One day you are running the lathe and it snatches your finger up so they send you to the hospital. Many insurers require drug and alcohol tests for lost time and hospital claims, so you get tested and pop for marijuana. Workers comp insurer denies your claim and on top of that you are fired for cause for showing up for work under the influence of drugs (legality of the drug doesnt matter). Do you really think it matters that you havent smoked for 4 days?

Smoke at your own risk. That's what people do now anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson9995 View Post
    Smoke at your own risk. That's what people do now anyways.
    Which is why I think mobile companies are going to exit Colorado. Workers Comp and Liability insurance is going to be very expensive and possibly hard to get in the very near future.

and people going to be buzzed off of contact because people are going to be rolling in the office and smoking and all that...smh, eff that

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

They only thing lacking in full legalization is a test that can pinpoint time of use.

It will happen, someone will create it now that there is a market .
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    Teachers are unionized in GA, they just dont have collective bargaining.
    No they are not, and in most counties it is reason for them to not put you under contract for the next year. Know before you speak.

Legalizing pot does two things; first is shuts up the annoying as he'll legalize crowd, and second it provides a pretty significant income for taxes.
    Try not. Do or Do not.

Quote Originally Posted by eraser4g63 View Post
    No they are not, and in most counties it is reason for them to not put you under contract for the next year. Know before you speak..

Again, Georgia's teachers are unionized, but without collective bargaining. Just because it isnt technically called a union, doesnt mean it isnt one.

NEA - Georgia

There is the info for the state office of the NEA in Tucker. The NEA is a Union even though they dont bargain.

NEA - About NEA

nevermind

charter schools are horrible in my opinion. They will take money from our public school system, which is already having to cut budget every year and on top of that the local school boards wont have any control on what happens in the schools!

2006 mustang gt
    gears
    bolt-ons

Quote Originally Posted by onebadgt View Post
    charter schools are horrible in my opinion. They will take money from our public school system, which is already having to cut budget every year and on top of that the local school boards wont have any control on what happens in the schools!
    Georgia public schools are even good enough to compete with hat garbage. Maybe some competition for dollars will cause the public schools to improve.

Getting rid of the local school control and teachers associations is great. Maybe more bad teachers will be thrown out on their ass and more quality teachers will be enticed to the charter schools.

Quote Originally Posted by onebadgt View Post
    its not because there isnt enough money, its because the Public Schools, like all govt entities, are horrible at budgeting.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

its not because there isnt enough money, its because the Public Schools, like all govt entities, are horrible at budgeting.
    I disagree. The administrators can budget just fine. They have simply made the decision that giving themselves raises and bringing is more administrators was more important than the students.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2