Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to our President BARACK OBAMA !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    I respond to reasonable criticism with a reasonable answer, i'm frustrated with everyone who continues to ignore the real argument against Obama and discredit what youre saying simply because youre white.
    there's no reason to argue when teh man is in office. it's over with, live with it. maybe you've had a silver spoon all your life and have had things your way all your life, unlike alot of others, and dont know how to deal w/ disappointment.

You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    Is that true?
    Man allegedly kills himself, family, over paranoia about Obama re-election | theGrio

here's the article. sad story man, real talk

You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    there's no reason to argue when teh man is in office. it's over with, live with it. maybe you've had a silver spoon all your life and have had things your way all your life, unlike alot of others, and dont know how to deal w/ disappointment.
    Comment doesnt merit a genuine response.

i have to find the article...i saw it somewhere yesterday. it's sad man, for real, the ignorance since the election is crazy. as many effed up presidents that have been in office, i've never seen people act this way. even as much as Bush was hated..when he was reelected, no one did this amount of foolishness. NO ONE
    This is the president you wanted though right?

This is the president you wanted though right?
    this shows how retarded you are, completely.

this shows how retarded you are, completely.
    It's a genuine question, you acknowledge the turmoil left in this presidents wake, yet you're still ok with him. Is it our people's fault that we're unsatisfied with our government?

I did not vote for any presidential candidate, so for you to say 'that's your president, right?' after i posted a thread clearly showing me not voting and repeatedly say i wasnt voting in other numerous threads, that you obviously were posting in, shows how retarded you are. there's nothing you can do about him being president just like no one could have done anything if mitt was president.

deal with the results

I did not vote for any presidential candidate, so for you to say 'that's your president, right?' after i posted a thread clearly showing me not voting and repeatedly say i wasnt voting in other numerous threads, that you obviously were posting in, shows how retarded you are. there's nothing you can do about him being president just like no one could have done anything if mitt was president.

deal with the results
    You didnt vote, but you "support" Obama.

Mitt, like him or hate him, represented a change. Everyone seems to agree that politicians lie and dont keep promises, why would they? we dont force them to keep promises. A 2nd term should not be a given, you should have to earn it. Every president should be a 1 term president unless he earns a 2nd term. Everyone says that people do not want Obama to be successful, but saying that doesnt express the reality of it. No, i do not want Obama to be successful. Most of his policies i hope he does not accomplish. Most of his goals i hope he does not accomplish. I do not like the direction he is taking america, so in that regard, i hope he has a very unproductive presidency, so that when hes gone, we can turn it back. I fear that 4 years of Obama doing nothing was a lot better than 4 years of Obama getting what he wants. I fear that Obama will be more successful in this next 4 years. It's not as simple as "my team didnt win, im mad"

Obama is a radical politician. We needed to stop him in his tracks, yet we gave him a 2nd chance. I feel like a lot of people do not know what they voted for and voted at face value. Obama is an amazing self salesmen, but the product he's selling is a dud.

how the hell do i support someone i never voted for..chill the fuk out.

how the hell do i support someone i never voted for..chill the fuk out.
    Well.... entertainment thread that way >>>>>

Well.... entertainment thread that way >>>>>
    I suggest you head back to the fantasy football thread with him.

Sammich, you are allowed back when you give me the Bears defense.

LOL nope

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    I suggest you head back to the fantasy football thread with him.

Sammich, you are allowed back when you give me the Bears defense.
    I am attempting to make my presence here nothing more than inquisitive, however i am still dealing with the frustration of the election.

like i said. there's nothing you can do w/ the results of the election. deal with it and live your life as best as you can, like all the rest of america will have to. if you dont like it, move out of the country.

like i said. there's nothing you can do w/ the results of the election. deal with it and live your life as best as you can, like all the rest of america will have to. if you dont like it, move out of the country.
    exactly. we can bitch and moan about how "america's done, we're fucked" however you want to complain. Or you can simply live your life, make your money, and stop worrying about everyone else.

It doesnt bother me that Obama got elected again, we can see what he can do with 8 years since 4 is hardly enough time to do shit.

But i'm going to go to work, make my measely money, spend my measely money, and repeat. The world keeps on spinnin.

Certified Gearhead

You didnt vote, but you "support" Obama.

Mitt, like him or hate him, represented a change. Everyone seems to agree that politicians lie and dont keep promises, why would they? we dont force them to keep promises. A 2nd term should not be a given, you should have to earn it. Every president should be a 1 term president unless he earns a 2nd term. Everyone says that people do not want Obama to be successful, but saying that doesnt express the reality of it. No, i do not want Obama to be successful. Most of his policies i hope he does not accomplish. Most of his goals i hope he does not accomplish. I do not like the direction he is taking america, so in that regard, i hope he has a very unproductive presidency, so that when hes gone, we can turn it back. I fear that 4 years of Obama doing nothing was a lot better than 4 years of Obama getting what he wants. I fear that Obama will be more successful in this next 4 years. It's not as simple as "my team didnt win, im mad"

Obama is a radical politician. We needed to stop him in his tracks, yet we gave him a 2nd chance. I feel like a lot of people do not know what they voted for and voted at face value. Obama is an amazing self salesmen, but the product he's selling is a dud.
    in all my years on this forum this is by far the most IGNORANT comment ive heard. u live here, ur american, but yet u want ur country to fail???????? thats what the republicans been doing for the last 4 yrs thats why progres is so slow to begin with. I support obama, not because he is the best president ever, not becasue he is black, none of that ignorant shit. i support him because i had 2 choices. obama or romney. Romney has yet to fill america in on his plans for this country, all he did was tell us what obama didnt do. so either he had no plans or it was a secret, either way i didnt believe him. he bragged about wat he did for boston/massachusetts and they didnt even vote for him. so every body had a choice between 2 men for president, and we can only choose one. so act like adults here with the comments and have an educated discussion. we are all smart educated people here, lets not be ignorant about something we cant change.

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    in all my years on this forum this is by far the most IGNORANT comment ive heard. u live here, ur american, but yet u want ur country to fail???????? thats what the republicans been doing for the last 4 yrs thats why progres is so slow to begin with. I support obama, not because he is the best president ever, not becasue he is black, none of that ignorant shit. i support him because i had 2 choices. obama or romney. Romney has yet to fill america in on his plans for this country, all he did was tell us what obama didnt do. so either he had no plans or it was a secret, either way i didnt believe him. he bragged about wat he did for boston/massachusetts and they didnt even vote for him. so every body had a choice between 2 men for president, and we can only choose one. so act like adults here with the comments and have an educated discussion. we are all smart educated people here, lets not be ignorant about something we cant change.
    If you think my comment was the most ignorant thing youve ever heard, then you have no understanding of politics. You realize we have parties right? What republicans believe in is different from what democrats believe in.

Me wanting Obama to fail does not equal me wanting america to fail.

Example, if Obama wanted to ban guns. Me saying "i hope Obama does not accomplish that" is not me pulling for america to fail. You may believe Obama is what is best for america, i clearly do not, and our country is clearly divided on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    I went back through some old threads tonight and read some of my comments. I am proud to report that a surprising number of my predictions came true. I came to another conclusion also. I am way too fucking smart to be posting my political wisdom on a car forum. Maybe I will start a new political forum.

Any of you liberals want to take the dive with me? no homo.
    I'm not a lib but I'd jump in on another forum. I don't post much here because there's little traffic, and another site I post on is filled with so many ass clowns I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the stupidity sometimes.

I'm going to pick up a book on vbulletin this weekend and see if I am smart enough to figure it out. If I am, I may send out some PMs for help.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

This is why you're a worthless piece of shit. You continue to think i voted against Obama because im white, even though myself... and every other person here with half a brain continued to beat you over your fucking dumb ass head with stats and facts.

OBAMA HAS THE HIGHEST DEFICITS IN THE HISTORY OF OUR FUCKING COUNTRY TIMES 3 YOU BRAIN DEAD FUCKING MORON, HES SOCIALIZING OUR HEALTHCARE SYSTEM WHICH STRANGLES SMALL BUSINESS, IF YOU PAID ANY FUCKING ATTENTION AT ALL YOU FUCKING WORTHLESS FAGGOT YOU WOULD HAVE HEARD ME ALREADY SAY THAT MY OWN BUSINESS IS SUFFERING BECAUSE OF THIS, 1 FUCKING DAY AFTER THIS FUCKING ELECTION I HAVE BEEN FINANCIALLY EFFECTED BY THIS FUCKING PRESIDENT. SO KEEP SAYING ITS BECAUSE IM WHITE YOU STUPID FUCK
    First off, no where did I ever say anything about you being against Obama because he's black or you're white. I was explaining why people think you're racist and how some of your statements show racism, whether or not they're intended to, that's another thing, I was just stating what I saw.

Cool name calling though, you're about as mature as my twelve year old cousin.

Did you ever stop to think that people will always have different views than you and that you shouldn't harass them for it?

You also lack any reading comprehension, always have, ever since you started posting on IA you would go off on these random hatred posts that don't exactly follow what you're quoting, READ.

It's all good though, call me names all you want, think what you want, and do what you want. We have different views, I respect yours, I even agree with some of what you say, so maybe you should control your anger level when someone expresses something different.
    Last edited by Elbow; 11-09-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by simontibbett View Post
    First off, no where did I ever say anything about you being against Obama because he's black or you're white. I was explaining why people think you're racist and how some of your statements show racism, whether or not they're intended to, that's another thing, I was just stating what I saw.

Cool name calling though, you're about as mature as my twelve year old cousin.

Did you ever stop to think that people will always have different views than you and that you shouldn't harass them for it?

You also lack any reading comprehension, always have, ever since you started posting on IA you would go off on these random hatred posts that don't exactly follow what you're quoting, READ.

It's all good though, call me names all you want, think what you want, and do what you want. We have different views, I respect yours, I even agree with some of what you say, so maybe you should control your anger level when someone expresses something different.
    I'll make this simple and civil as possible. I come to this section of the forum seeking the input from 2-3 people, you are not one of them. So in the spirit of getting along, ignore my racist, immature, incoherent ect rants and move along to the next post.

Certified Gearhead

I'll make this simple and civil as possible. I come to this section of the forum seeking the input from 2-3 people, you are not one of them. So in the spirit of getting along, ignore my racist, immature, incoherent ect rants and move along to the next post.
    So why didn't u just PM those 2-3 people and have this discussion that way. This is a public forum, so people are gonna feel free to chime in.
    And yes, I understand that we have different parties, clearly understand. But the way in which u say wat u say is ridiculous. U say ur a business owner , well so am I. I'm a grown ass man with a family. And I wouldn't want my kids reading ur comments at all. Not saying ur a bad person because I don't know u, and I won't crucify u for it because ur not the only one guilty of this. But u have to be careful what u say and how u say it. And then ur obviously American, but u have a picture of a burning American flag as ur sig? I dont know u, but I hope to god ur better than that.

So why didn't u just PM those 2-3 people and have this discussion that way. This is a public forum, so people are gonna feel free to chime in.
    And yes, I understand that we have different parties, clearly understand. But the way in which u say wat u say is ridiculous. U say ur a business owner , well so am I. I'm a grown ass man with a family. And I wouldn't want my kids reading ur comments at all. Not saying ur a bad person because I don't know u, and I won't crucify u for it because ur not the only one guilty of this. But u have to be careful what u say and how u say it. And then ur obviously American, but u have a picture of a burning American flag as ur sig? I dont know u, but I hope to god ur better than that.
    My language isnt appropriate for this section. That's about the only thing i apologize for. I assure you, my cursing is the least of your worries if your kids are on the internet.

My language isnt appropriate for this section. That's about the only thing i apologize for. I assure you, my cursing is the least of your worries if your kids are on the internet.
    you're missing what he's saying......its not the BAD WORDS so much as the way you talk to people. Talk to others as a human being, have a debate with them rather than try to talk down for them for not agreeing with you. Both of you would learn that way, as opposed to both sides leaving pissed off at the other and learning nothing.

I enjoy reading your posts, as I do learn a lot reading through these political threads since I'm not that "up to date" with the politics of the country, so I thank you. And keep them coming

Certified Gearhead

You are completely missing my point. But there is no reason to keep beating a dead horse here. I'll just drop it. Proceed.........

Certified Gearhead

But I will say this though. I moved to GA from NYC, and in all my years in NYC I've never experienced remotely close to the arrogance and hatred between races as I have here in GA. Of course u have prejudice and angry people everywhere u go, black and white(because its not a one way street with this issue). But the thoughts, the hatred, the comments were harnessed and people didn't come off offensive like they do here. I was in a store in woodstock talking on my phone speaking Jamaican(I am Jamaican), and a older lady that I don't know went out here way to walk over to me after minding my business and said "why don't u go back where u came from n learn to speak English". I have never experienced anything like that before n I flipped a lid. I just wish it would stop. It's ugly, its rude, its offensive. An we should be very careful and take account for the things that come out of our mouth. Not because its a public forum, respect is respect.

But I will say this though. I moved to GA from NYC, and in all my years in NYC I've never experienced remotely close to the arrogance and hatred between races as I have here in GA. Of course u have prejudice and angry people everywhere u go, black and white(because its not a one way street with this issue). But the thoughts, the hatred, the comments were harnessed and people didn't come off offensive like they do here. I was in a store in woodstock talking on my phone speaking Jamaican(I am Jamaican), and a older lady that I don't know went out here way to walk over to me after minding my business and said "why don't u go back where u came from n learn to speak English". I have never experienced anything like that before n I flipped a lid. I just wish it would stop. It's ugly, its rude, its offensive. An we should be very careful and take account for the things that come out of our mouth. Not because its a public forum, respect is respect.
    please dont believe that everyone down here has that sort of mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by l Gizzy l View Post
    you're missing what he's saying......its not the BAD WORDS so much as the way you talk to people. Talk to others as a human being, have a debate with them rather than try to talk down for them for not agreeing with you. Both of you would learn that way, as opposed to both sides leaving pissed off at the other and learning nothing.

I enjoy reading your posts, as I do learn a lot reading through these political threads since I'm not that "up to date" with the politics of the country, so I thank you. And keep them coming
    You are completely missing my point. But there is no reason to keep beating a dead horse here. I'll just drop it. Proceed.........
    I'm only going to sit here and be called a racist by some clueless moron who doesnt even have the decency to read my posts before dissecting my family upbringing before i lash out. Simon and Sammich follow politics based on the bumper sticker of the car in front of them, but theyre perfectly fine coming in here and passionately judging my character based on my political view. Jimmy has called me a moron more than a view times......... reason i dont lash out at him is because i respect his opinion.

If you're saying i should apologize for how i feel and not simply my delivery, then yes... i fully agree that you are beating a dead horse.

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by l Gizzy l View Post
    please dont believe that everyone down here has that sort of mindset.
    lol....im not that ignorant....lol.... i have met a lot of cool people down here. i know everybody aint like that down here at all

I understand what you're saying but i dont feel it applies to this. I honestly do not view my criticisms of black people here as racism or hate.

I ask why 97% of black people unite behind Obama when the rest of the country is divided. Everyone sees the same issues and theyre divided nearly right down the middle. Explain to me what the uniting difference for black people is? do they have a better understanding of politics? are they seeing it differently? do black people have access to some hidden knowledge that everyone else doesnt? why are black people so united behind a president that everyone else is so divided?

Certified Gearhead

I'm only going to sit here and be called a racist by some clueless moron who doesnt even have the decency to read my posts before dissecting my family upbringing before i lash out. Simon and Sammich follow politics based on the bumper sticker of the car in front of them, but theyre perfectly fine coming in here and passionately judging my character based on my political view. Jimmy has called me a moron more than a view times......... reason i dont lash out at him is because i respect his opinion.

If you're saying i should apologize for how i feel and not simply my delivery, then yes... i fully agree that you are beating a dead horse.
    im not sure who ur calling a "useless moron" or who u think is asking for an apology. there are 2 quotes in ur post above one of which is mine. but because im not sure who exactly ur talking about, i will not address it. moving on

im not sure who ur calling a "useless moron" or who u think is asking for an apology. there are 2 quotes in ur post above one of which is mine. but because im not sure who exactly ur talking about, i will not address it. moving on
    If you're not sure who im calling a moron even though i mention two names in the sentence that follows directly after that one, then perhaps i need to add you to the list of morons. You came in with a bleeding heart speech about how you wouldnt want your children to read my posts and i apologized for using the F word like it was 50% off a target.

I dont apologize for my opinions and if your kids are old enough to read this forum, then they can think for themselves and decide to either reject or accept what i say.

Hey Stretch's kids. God isnt real. Monogamy is a pointless tradition. Nothing bad happens when you have sex before marriage. Smoke all the weed you want, but stay away from pain pills.

Certified Gearhead

I understand what you're saying but i dont feel it applies to this. I honestly do not view my criticisms of black people here as racism or hate.

I ask why 97% of black people unite behind Obama when the rest of the country is divided. Everyone sees the same issues and theyre divided nearly right down the middle. Explain to me what the uniting difference for black people is? do they have a better understanding of politics? are they seeing it differently? do black people have access to some hidden knowledge that everyone else doesnt? why are black people so united behind a president that everyone else is so divided?
    blacks, white, hispanic, asian, etc.... they all are behind President obama, not just black people. Obviously u and a lot of others are against him for sure, but a lot of people are for him also. Just like Romney, a lot of peolple like him and a lot of people dislike him also.
    my issues with that is , there are ignorant blacks out there who like Obama and vote for him because he is BLACK. now that is bullshit but its true. On the same token a lot of people voted against him because he is black. So in that sense i agree with what u are saying.
    The fact of the matter is the america was given a choice to pick between Obama and Romney. Is there a better candidate out there, maybe there is. But we werent given those options, we had to choose between the two that we were given. Now with that , people choose the candidate that would benefit them the most, which i think is fair, irrespective what their needs are. Me personally, i get up and go on my grind everyday, no matter who is president. im going to make it happen one way or another, and im assuming u are the same way. People beating the system for a long time way before obama been in office, black and white alike.

ah, thank you for elaborating. Carry on.

This is completely sincere, btw.

blacks, white, hispanic, asian, etc.... they all are behind President obama, not just black people. Oviously u and a lot of others are against him for sure, but a lot of people are for him also. Just like Romney, a lot of peolple like him and a lot of people dislike him also.
    my issues with that is , there are ignorant blacks out there who like Obama and vote for him because he is BLACK. now that is bullshit but its true. On the same token a lot of people voted against him because he is black. So in that sense i agree with what u are saying.
    The fact of the matter is the america was given a choice to pick between Obama and Romney. Is there a better candidate out there, maybe there is. But we werent given those options, we had to choose between the two that we were given. Now with that , people choose the candidate that would benefit them the most, which i think is fair, irrespective what their needs are. Me personally, i get up and go on my grind everyday, no matter who is president. im going to make it happen one way or another, and im assuming u are the same way. People beating the system for a long time way before obama been in office, black and white alike.
    Obama only won because minorities are united behind him. Im asking why.... why is it that "white america" is divided, men and women are divided, old and young are divided....

but minorities have united behind Obama? Are minorities more intelligent? better at making decisions?

If they are.... why do minorities have unfavorable education and criminal statistics.

Why is it that the demographic with unfavorable education and criminal statistics is nearly 100% united behind Obama and the side with favorable education and criminal statistics is not?

lol....im not that ignorant....lol.... i have met a lot of cool people down here. i know everybody aint like that down here at all
    good deal. as long as thats clear

Certified Gearhead

If you're not sure who im calling a moron even though i mention two names in the sentence that follows directly after that one, then perhaps i need to add you to the list of morons. You came in with a bleeding heart speech about how you wouldnt want your children to read my posts and i apologized for using the F word like it was 50% off a target.

I dont apologize for my opinions and if your kids are old enough to read this forum, then they can think for themselves and decide to either reject or accept what i say.

Hey Stretch's kids. God isnt real. Monogamy is a pointless tradition. Nothing bad happens when you have sex before marriage. Smoke all the weed you want, but stay away from pain pills.
    so now ur just being a fucking asshole........ i thought we were having an adult conversation, but obviously we arent..... And that, last line u just wrote about "hey stretch kids", watch ur fucking mouth dude. u dont know me. i never tried to disrespect or make fun of ur kids, so dont u dare think u can do that over here. im just gonna get out of this convo before i really get mad. its not worth it. PEACE

so now ur just being a fucking asshole........ i thought we were having an adult conversation, but obviously we arent..... And that, last line u just wrote about "hey stretch kids", watch ur fucking mouth dude. u dont know me. i never tried to disrespect or make fun of ur kids, so dont u dare think u can do that over here. im just gonna get out of this convo before i really get mad. its not worth it. PEACE
    I wasnt being disrespectful to your kids. I gave what i felt was some good honest life advice. If you do not like your kids being exposed to opinions different from your own, then this isnt the place for them. That is the point i am making.

When i say something like "Jesus does not exist"... i believe it. I'm not being an asshole. I have people tell me i'm going to burn in hell and that someone was nailed on a cross for me... that isnt offensive? to me it is.

the point is........ if you want to shelter your kids, then shelter them. It's not my job to be their parent, its yours. You brought kids into this conversation, not me. Also....

so now ur just being a fucking asshole
    i thought we just came to an agreement that this language was unacceptable. plus... calling me an asshole.... now you're REALLY beating a dead horse.

Certified Gearhead

I wasnt being disrespectful to your kids. I gave what i felt was some good honest life advice. If you do not like your kids being exposed to opinions different from your own, then this isnt the place for them. That is the point i am making.

When i say something like "Jesus does not exist"... i believe it. I'm not being an asshole. I have people tell me i'm going to burn in hell and that someone was nailed on a cross for me... that isnt offensive? to me it is.

the point is........ if you want to shelter your kids, then shelter them. It's not my job to be their parent, its yours. You brought kids into this conversation, not me. Also....

i thought we just came to an agreement that this language was unacceptable. plus... calling me an asshole.... now you're REALLY beating a dead horse.
    LIKE I SAID BEFORE........IM DONE WITH THIS CONVERSATION....!!!!!! THANKS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast