Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Get your...Obama Phones?

Default Get your...Obama Phones?

In my continuing quest to cancel out the reverberation of the "conservative" echo chamber, Here's a little insight on exactly what an "Obama" phone really is...

The real story behind free 'Obama phones' - Video - Business News

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Where do I sign up to get my free obama phone?

AFA HOLLYWOOD PREMIER LEAGUE EST. 1998

Quote Originally Posted by C230K View Post
    Where do I sign up to get my free obama phone?
    Obama Phone

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    In my continuing quest to cancel out the reverberation of the "conservative" echo chamber, Here's a little insight on exactly what an "Obama" phone really is...

"actually the consumers are not forced to pay for it, the phone companies are, but they pass the bill on to the consumer"

The people in the video say "everybody needs a way to call 911"

The cheapest cell phone service is $30 a month. You do not have to have cell phone service for a cell phone to dial 911, pick up any cell phone anywhere, any time.... EVERY phone.... regardless of having service will dial 911.

Even assuming you did justify this program and explain it's cost, it's more about the simple perception of the avg Obama supporter. They support anything that even remotely looks like a handout. This video is typical propaganda as you say, you put a reasonable intelligent person in front of the camera and have them tell a slightly emotional story about how having a cell phone improves their life, well.... news flash... a cell phone improves everyone's life. That's why we all buy them. So does a car, so does a house, so does a stove, so does a fridge, so does AC, so do computers...... that's why we BUY all of these things. That woman's hairdo probably costed well over $100, but she cant buy her own cell phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    This video is typical propaganda as you say.
    Theres a clear difference between propaganda and informative journalism. This is the latter.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Theres a clear difference between propaganda and informative journalism. This is the latter.
    We will never agree because we see the same world thru different colored glasses.

I see a phone as a luxury, something someone should work for and buy only if they can afford to buy it. You see these things as necessities that the government should provide.

I pointed out lies in your video and you ignored them.

The government doesnt make us pay for these phones.... no, but the video clearly states that the government charges the phone company and the phone company charges you in return... even shows it on your bill.

"Everyone should be able to dial 911" , you dont need phone service to dial 911..... every phone in existence will dial 911 whether it has service or not. A dead land line will dial 911.... a canceled cell phone will dial 911.

We will never agree because we see the same world thru different colored glasses.

I see a phone as a luxury, something someone should work for and buy only if they can afford to buy it. You see these things as necessities that the government should provide.

I pointed out lies in your video and you ignored them.

The government doesnt make us pay for these phones.... no, but the video clearly states that the government charges the phone company and the phone company charges you in return... even shows it on your bill.

"Everyone should be able to dial 911" , you dont need phone service to dial 911..... every phone in existence will dial 911 whether it has service or not. A dead land line will dial 911.... a canceled cell phone will dial 911.
    See. You didnt pay attention to the video at all. Lol. Not only do I not think government should pay for everyones cell phones, it says right there in the video that the government doesn't pay for it. Lol.

You pointed out exactly zero lies. Lol

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

See. You didnt pay attention to the video at all. Lol. Not only do I not think government should pay for everyones cell phones, it says right there in the video that the government doesn't pay for it. Lol.

You pointed out exactly zero lies. Lol
    Ok, so if the government charges the phone company to pay for this program......

and theoretically..... your phone bill looks like this....

" Phone service...........$30.97 "
    " Taxes............. $3.10"
    "We charge you this line right here because the government charges us........ $2.46"

Then technically....... in the eyes of a liberal, the government doesnt charge people and it's not a tax. 3:41 in the video they say how it's paid for.

yes.... this video is propaganda......
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 10-29-2012 at 12:55 PM.

Blank, give me a reason that anyone should be provided with a free cell phone?

Also, if you dont mind.... give me a (hopefully) brief list of anything else you feel the government should provide when it comes to an individual's personal needs, excluding roads... firemen ect.
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 10-29-2012 at 12:58 PM.

Its a program thats been around since the Reagan era. But the point of the video i posted was to show how some voters view entitlements. If you can find me a George BUsh supporter doing the same thing, i would condemn them as well
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

I love sinfix more and more every day.

The video says shes an out of work Hairdresser. Maybe she should look at a different line of work then. I know mcdonalds is hiring, so is target, wal mart, etc.

How does her daughter call her if she gives her daughter the phone? They have enough $$ for a lan line but not a cell? Find that hard to believe.

The story is probably accurate in terms of the evolution of the program, but that doesnt mean it should be done.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Its a program thats been around since the Reagan era. But the point of the video i posted was to show how some voters view entitlements. If you can find me a George BUsh supporter doing the same thing, i would condemn them as well
    We could say the woman in the other obamaphone video is a little enthusiastic about taking advantage of a particular government subsidy program(funded primarily by corporations and individuals). Would you equally condemn 'conservatives' for being enthusiastic about taking advantage of a government subsidy program? I need to know the answer to this so I can show you the proper example.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

The video says shes an out of work Hairdresser. Maybe she should look at a different line of work then. I know mcdonalds is hiring, so is target, wal mart, etc.
    A lot of people do this professionally. My sister went through two years of school for hairdressing.

How does her daughter call her if she gives her daughter the phone? They have enough $$ for a land line but not a cell? Find that hard to believe.
    Maybe after all the bills are paid, a land line is all she can afford? If she cancels the land line and buys a cell phone, that's still only one line.

The story is probably accurate in terms of the evolution of the program, but that doesnt mean it should be done.
    The point of the story is to show the origin and evolution of the lifeline program, probably to dispel rumors that its some kind of free iPhone program enacted by Obama and purchased with tax dollars.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

We could say the woman in the other obamaphone video is a little enthusiastic about taking advantage of a particular government subsidy program(funded primarily by corporations and individuals). Would you equally condemn 'conservatives' for being enthusiastic about taking advantage of a government subsidy program? I need to know the answer to this so I can show you the proper example.
    Absolutely. Show me an example. I can name a bunch of subsidies the GOP advocate that need to be removed.

Would you agree that a lot of the policies liberal advocate =giveaways to poor while conversely a lot of the GOP backed policies= giveaway to corp.

If we agree on that, then you should agree with the context of the video i posted. I wasnt characterizing all Obama voters as wanting free shit. I was showing what Romney meant by his 47% comment.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

A lot of people do this professionally. My sister went through two years of school for hairdressing.
    Wasnt knocking hairdressing, was suggesting do whatever it takes. I made 80K last year, im making less than half that right now, i could sit around and complain its not fair. But I went out and got 2 jobs to keep myself from blowing all my savings away until i get hired in my field again. Sucks, but i gotta do it. Downsized a lot of stuff like buying 40 pairs of shoes a month or eating out all the time.

My point is for every person who needs a free cell phone, theres 10 who take advantage of the program. I see a well dressed lady with nice nails and clothes and i wonder why she needs a "govt phone".

Maybe after all the bills are paid, a land line is all she can afford? If she cancels the land line and buys a cell phone, that's still only one line.
    Sounds like she needs to prioritize. Land Lines cost what? $10-15 a month still? Cell phone is a WANT, not a need.

The point of the story is to show the origin and evolution of the lifeline program, probably to dispel rumors that its some kind of free iPhone program enacted by Obama and purchased with tax dollars.
    I agree with that

Id like to know who is marketing it as an OBAMAPHONE because there is a site linked to it. If its Obama Admin, then its something they are proud and pushing. I dont remembe a BUSHPHONE program
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd
    My point is for every person who needs a free cell phone, theres 10 who take advantage of the program. I see a well dressed lady with nice nails and clothes and i wonder why she needs a "govt phone".
    What would you expect someone who needs a govt phone to look like? If I was out of a job and had to drop my cell phone coverage to buy food, if I'm out actively searching for a job, I'm still gonna look fresh as hell.

This brings up a point I was gonna make in another thread, but I was watching "The Hope and The Change" last night, an info-mentary perhaps, critical of the president, and they presented a bunch of dems and independents who were disenchanted by the president for whatever reason, an they were all complaining about how they're having to cut back on things so they could barely afford the necessities, an they were all set in nice houses with fancy dining rooms, with one--and sometimes two--flat screen TVs in the background.

Sounds like she needs to prioritize. Land Lines cost what? $10-15 a month still? Cell phone is a WANT, not a need.
    I think cell phones have replaced land lines as a need. An iPhone is a 'want'

Id like to know who is marketing it as an OBAMAPHONE because there is a site linked to it. If its Obama Admin, then its something they are proud and pushing. I dont remembe a BUSHPHONE program
    I don't remember a bush phone either. I think there are a lot of people looking (hard) for a reason to hate the president. His support for public assistance programs is a good place to find ammunition. I think that site linked above isnt made by the administration, but it's quite effective at what it was intended to do

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

What would you expect someone who needs a govt phone to look like? If I was out of a job and had to drop my cell phone coverage to buy food, if I'm out actively searching for a job, I'm still gonna look fresh as hell.
    Arguing semantics sir. Im not trying to paint a picture of "THIS IS WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE" im just making the point that if someone cant prioritize $30-40 a month for a phone, im not sure what else we can do to help them.

Theres probably elderly people , severely disabled that benefit from a program like this. But the woman in the video looks well kept, clean, well educated. I would audit her and say what is your income and your expenses. How can you not afford $30-40/month? It makes zero sense. Usually i have found in my life that if people are not able to afford $50-100 for something, they have MUCH bigger problems prioritizing.

I have friends all the time that complain about being "broke" and hate on me for having $200 basketball shoes, or hawks season tickets like im rich. The funny thing is when they find out they make more money than I do. I just budget extremely well. I dont eat out 4 times a day, or smoke $7 packs of cigarettes or drink 40 beers a week or go to bars all weekend. I make sacrifices.

This brings up a point I was gonna make in another thread, but I was watching "The Hope and The Change" last night, an info-mentary perhaps, critical of the president, and they presented a bunch of dems and independents who were disenchanted by the president for whatever reason, an they were all complaining about how they're having to cut back on things so they could barely afford the necessities, an they were all set in nice houses with fancy dining rooms, with one--and sometimes two--flat screen TVs in the background.
    That happens, ID ask the same thing to them. WHat necessities? Like are you cutting back on food or are you having to put 87 octane in your car instead of 93?

I think cell phones have replaced land lines as a need. An iPhone is a 'want'
    Phone is a phone. Jobs can call you on a land line as much as any other line. Cell phone is convenience , not a need IMO.

I don't remember a bush phone either. I think there are a lot of people looking (hard) for a reason to hate the president. His support for public assistance programs is a good place to find ammunition. I think that site linked above isnt made by the administration, but it's quite effective at what it was intended to do
    If i was Obama i would be pissed, i would be telling whoever owns that site to take it down it puts him in a bad light
    -www.usedbarcode.net

If i was Obama i would be pissed, i would be telling whoever owns that site to take it down it puts him in a bad light
    Read the rest of it. If you look deeper than the surface, you'll see just how golden it is. I wish I came up with it to tell you the truth, and there needs to be more sites like this one

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

What am i missing?

Obamaphone.net just sounds like its preaching that Obama gives away free phones, which clearly we have discussed isnt true.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

A cellphone is not a priority? So breaking down in the middle of the road, or any emergency out of home makes a cellphone a luxury. Once you are out of home your landline is USELESS. come on guys
    If a cellphone is a luxury, eating 4 times a day is also a luxury. You can survive eating noodles twice a day.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson9995 View Post
    A cellphone is not a priority? So breaking down in the middle of the road, or any emergency out of home makes a cellphone a luxury. Once you are out of home your landline is USELESS. come on guys
    If a cellphone is a luxury, eating 4 times a day is also a luxury. You can survive eating noodles twice a day.
    Eating 4 times a day is a luxury. Driving a car is a luxury too.

You are part of the 47% Romney was talking about..... you feel entitled to these things that you should be responsible for obtaining on your own. I've done without a cell phone before in my life when i had to make difficult choices. I've cut my cable off, not ran my ac, not used the heater and i've lived on canned foods.....

you know why????

Because im a grown ass mother fucking man, that's why. It's my job to take care of myself and if i cant afford a cell phone, then i dont get one. So i could honestly give a fuck less if an out of work hairdresser with a $100+ weave doesnt have a cell phone. Get a job. It angers me that your dipshit retard of a president wants to redistribute the money that real americans get up and work for every day to these lazy free loaders.
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 10-30-2012 at 03:47 AM.

lol the ignorance remains resounding. that is all

You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    lol the ignorance remains resounding. that is all
    yep, with you blind liberals who think the government should take care of you. i tell you i work for what i have and dont want handouts and you call me ignorant. you are what's wrong with america. youre bred to think having someone else take care of you is normal. It's pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson9995 View Post
    Its a luxury sorry. You missed my entire point.

If you can't budget 30-40$ a month, you have bigger problems.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

It angers me that your dipshit retard of a president wants to redistribute the money that real americans get up and work for every day to these lazy free loaders.
    So Regan is now our dipshit retard president that your angry at?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

So Regan is now our dipshit retard president that your angry at?
    You can take care of people in need without supporting free loaders. I would gladly give some of my paycheck so your grandmother could have a phone or food stamps to her survive, but you yourself.... if you need a phone, get off your ass and work for it.

i know i wasnt a free loader when i was unemployed. i hustled like a bitch to make ends meet all the while still searching for a job. washed cars, helped do carpentry work, roofs, etc...i appreciated the assistance i got until i finally got back up on my own feet.

i know i wasnt a free loader when i was unemployed. i hustled like a bitch to make ends meet all the while still searching for a job. washed cars, helped do carpentry work, roofs, etc...i appreciated the assistance i got until i finally got back up on my own feet.
    Yep, everyday i drive past the ghetto on my way to work, i see a bunch of people "hustling like a bitch, searching for a job, washing cars and doing carpentry work, roofs ect that appreciate the assistance theyre getting until they finally get back up on their own feet..."

oh wait..... no i dont, i see a bunch of people who sit on their porch and smoke weed all day who walk the street day and night. I personally know someone who was fired from their job at a tire shop for stealing a set of rims and then they start collecting $1000 for food stamps, couple months later the guy goes and buys a new motorcycle. Back when i was younger and worked at walmart there was a lady there who was on section 8 housing and collecting food stamps, she made more money than i did by pretty good margin. She shopped like a baller, always buying her kids the newest video games and tvs... she left the store with buggies full of stuff every day.

These programs support free loaders. People have been free loaders for so long that they feel entitled to this support. For every 1 person a social program helps, it probably gives 15 a free ride.

so only people in the 'ghetto' do those things? people in every group do that same ignorant shit. just like there are people in those areas that get out the house/'ghetto' as you like to say and actually get out hustle and do whatever is necessary to pay the bills in the house, and i'm not talking selling drugs. EVERYONE is not a free loader that you are categorizing. there are people in those scenarios that actually do what they need to to keep their head above water. you seriously need to chill. and yes i do realize there are 'real freeloaders' but the amount of categorizing that you are doing is nonsense.

that's like me saying, every person who drives a harley is tatted from head to toe just drinks beers and causes bar fights and dont have a life outside of riding the hog.

And all that is the presidents fault, how?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

that's like me saying, every person who drives a harley is tatted from head to toe just drinks beers and causes bar fights and dont have a life outside of riding the hog.
    and its somehow mitt Romneys fault and he's a retard for letting it happen and that's why I'm not voting for him

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

i mean the overgeneralization is what always nullifies Sinfix's 'arguments'....there are bad parts of every neighborhood, race, job, career, food, etc...but you gona say 'i'm not eating any food ever in my life again because Taco Bell made me shit my insides out'

oh, ok that makes tons of sense.

like i've been saying from the outset, vote for who you gona vote for, but be reasonable w/ the shit you say. i get fed up w/ seeing the overhyping of Obama on twitter..people say #GOVOTE then put #TeamObama or some shit..i mean..you gona forcefeed your vote on somebody. let people make their decision...one thing that ticked me off was black people trying to pawn Stacey Dash off because she decided to vote for Romney...SO THE FUK WHAT?!?! She's voting for who she wants to vote for, she's not there slandering people or harping down people's throats because they want to vote for Obama. She took what she saw and made her decision, as far as i know she didnt make generalization. she wants to protect her money probably in a way Obama wouldn't have for her, seeing as though she's probably in the 1%. People need to let people live.

so only people in the 'ghetto' do those things? people in every group do that same ignorant shit. just like there are people in those areas that get out the house/'ghetto' as you like to say and actually get out hustle and do whatever is necessary to pay the bills in the house, and i'm not talking selling drugs. EVERYONE is not a free loader that you are categorizing. there are people in those scenarios that actually do what they need to to keep their head above water. you seriously need to chill. and yes i do realize there are 'real freeloaders' but the amount of categorizing that you are doing is nonsense.

Our country was founded by people who didnt eat if they didnt grow it. They crossed the united states on foot. Now we've evolved into a country where you feel sorry for someone who cant afford their own cell phone.

Did i say only people in the ghetto do those things? no.... i said i drive thru the ghetto every day and see it...... i see the same people sitting around doing nothing every day, same groups of people just sitting on their steps, sitting on their porches....

I'm sorry i dont detour thru trailer parks on my way to work..... most trailer parks are off the beaten path, while the city seems to have no problem putting the projects right square in the middle of the business district. So for that reason alone..... i drive thru the ghetto and witness the ghetto every day.

I personally know people..... white people... if that makes you feel better.... i'm talking about white people right now sammich, so you can stop being overly emotional and defensive and just listen to the point....

so these white people, with white skin... that are white..... have the mentality "why take this job making $250-300 a week when i can collect $275 from unemployment?" "why work this overtime, it will interfere with my food stamps"....

we're breeding free loaders.....

:thumbup: and thats the way it should be.

But everyone who uses the program correctly (like you temporarily) there are tons who abuse it. The woman in the obamaphone video is proof of that. Shes advocating that Obama has given people with low income, disability, etc free stuff. When asked why she doesnt like Romney her answer is "HE SUCK".

Where is it in the constitution where it says that if you lose your job the govt gotta help you out? I mean newsflash, sometimes, rough times are just rough times. Cant afford a cell phone? Sorry. Cant afford a car? Sorry. Cant afford cable? Sorry.

If we always soften the blow for people and blow sunshine up their ass, it teaches them that there are no rough times they have to endure. Someone will always be there to save them.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

My buddy owns a pawn shop and i can 10000% testify that there are people , of all races, who are on welfare, foodstamps, but are pawning 60 Inch LED TVs, video game systems. IPHONE 5s, all kinds of shit that theres no way they should own on welfare. They game the system, they scrape by, but they are getting money for free
    -www.usedbarcode.net

and its somehow mitt Romneys fault and he's a retard for letting it happen and that's why I'm not voting for him
    Yeah, that evil rich guy Romney would probably make a mess of things. Him and his wife would probably get in the white house, increase the staff by 400, hire 50 new servants and go on 2 million dollar date nights. They would probably pay someone 100k to walk their dog. To make it even worse.... they'd probably have the nerve to live so lavish while running up trillion dollar deficits and sitting at 8% unemployment. Imagine how bad that would be.

Those damn Romneys!!!

My buddy owns a pawn shop and i can 10000% testify that there are people , of all races, who are on welfare, foodstamps, but are pawning 60 Inch LED TVs, video game systems. IPHONE 5s, all kinds of shit that theres no way they should own on welfare. They game the system, they scrape by, but they are getting money for free
    Like i said..... i knew a lady at walmart.. nice lady, i was friends with her. She was on section 8 and food stamps.... her kids literally had every video game in the store.... she bought everything. It's good that she used the support to spend for her kids..... but it's simply not fair that my tax money goes to support someone living like this.

People dont want to believe the truth. social programs are broken.

Our country was founded by people who didnt eat if they didnt grow it. They crossed the united states on foot. Now we've evolved into a country where you feel sorry for someone who cant afford their own cell phone.

Did i say only people in the ghetto do those things? no.... i said i drive thru the ghetto every day and see it...... i see the same people sitting around doing nothing every day, same groups of people just sitting on their steps, sitting on their porches....

I'm sorry i dont detour thru trailer parks on my way to work..... most trailer parks are off the beaten path, while the city seems to have no problem putting the projects right square in the middle of the business district. So for that reason alone..... i drive thru the ghetto and witness the ghetto every day.

I personally know people..... white people... if that makes you feel better.... i'm talking about white people right now sammich, so you can stop being overly emotional and defensive and just listen to the point....

so these white people, with white skin... that are white..... have the mentality "why take this job making $250-300 a week when i can collect $275 from unemployment?" "why work this overtime, it will interfere with my food stamps"....

we're breeding free loaders.....
    you see me bring up skin color? i didnt bring it up until you did. this entire country is a country of 'microwave society' if it dont happen quick enough they toss it, actually what they are doing w/ Obama, they arent seeing the 'change' he predicted during his initial campaign and ready to toss him out. they allowed bush w/ 2 terms w/ the ignorant shit he did, so w/ the ignorant shit you also claiming Obama's doing (i still have yet to see you point out anything the current president has done good/well/ok/great at) w/ just one term.

am i saying he's a fukin fantastic president? nope. but being a person that has been of a struggling family, father died when i was 6 and my mom worked a job she hated to support 3 kids, i know the struggle and at a point, to the people that actually need the assistance and can put it to good use, i see beneficial things out of Obama's 'plans' i know there are families that have had similiar situations as mine and probably worse that would benefit greatly.

YES there are mcassholes that use it unnecessarily when they are able to pay for their things if they learned how to budget, and there are ALWAYS, even under Romney, still going to be those people, the '47%' that will find the loophole and still suck the government dry. how will you stop those people? that's the people you want to target, not the ones who actually can use the government assistance to help benefit their family. You cant completely stop them, and unfortunately, one day, you're going to have to realize that and appreciate those who benefit from it opposed to those abusing the system. it's gona be here until the end of time, sorry if that sickens you to your stomach.

:thumbup: and thats the way it should be.

But everyone who uses the program correctly (like you temporarily) there are tons who abuse it. The woman in the obamaphone video is proof of that. Shes advocating that Obama has given people with low income, disability, etc free stuff. When asked why she doesnt like Romney her answer is "HE SUCK".

Where is it in the constitution where it says that if you lose your job the govt gotta help you out? I mean newsflash, sometimes, rough times are just rough times. Cant afford a cell phone? Sorry. Cant afford a car? Sorry. Cant afford cable? Sorry.

If we always soften the blow for people and blow sunshine up their ass, it teaches them that there are no rough times they have to endure. Someone will always be there to save them.
    believe me, i feel you on that...when i was out of a job, there was ALOT!!!!!!! of things i couldnt do. hell when my car needed tires, i had to use my retirement from my job that laid me off in order to get new tires and do necessary maintenance on my car that needed to be done. but after that..what did i have? check to check of government assistance. it's hard to save when everything you get in the house is necessary and you cant save one dime. i've been through it, to the point where i almost let my lease lapse on my apt, i was just lucky enough to have landed a job RIGHT when that was going to happen.

but to what you're saying, yes, i personally hate the ones that either decide to vote for Obama or Romney and say their reason for not voting for one or the other is because 'he suck'...i'm sitting in my chair like, seriously? you dont have any concrete evidence in order to back your statement? you just going to go off the 'he suck' factor? that's ignorance i shun and hate. THAT'S all my arguments are ever about. people can reasonably be able to say, ok, i'm not voting for this person because such and such reason. that's cool, but just because 'he suck' and 'obama is that dude' <--- i read that and shook my head, that's ignorant.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast