Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Benghazi... After today's revalations...

Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Jay Carney finally tells the truth.........

Senior Member | IA Veteran

It's a popular song in Egypt right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    After watching this, I am all for the Burqa.

Good thing Al Qaeda is decimated and on the run.

FIRST ON CNN: U.S. pulls diplomats from Lahore amid terror threat - CNN.com

Well it's gonna take some time to see if this has any truth behind it... Supposedly 400 missiles are missing from the Benghazi annex.

I believe a wise man said on 5/6/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Now if it comes out Stevens was there because we were running guns... That will be the CIA's fault.
    But whateve's.

Most transparent administration in history. Right.

Good news is, he just got hired by CBS... But there will be no bias I'm sure.

Still beating this dead unicorn, I see.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Seems like anyone who could potentially have "dirt" on Obama turns up dead.

Allah akbar

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    The fact that every single new piece of info that comes out directly contradicts the admins narrative is driving the story. It doesn't matter how much you and Obama want it to go away, as long as info keeps trickling out as it has been, it will stay a story.

The sad fact is that if they would have come out with the unclassified parts of the truth right away this story would already be dead. Instead lie after lie is uncovered, especially with the massaging of the talking points Rice was given.

Still thinking there is nothing there or still waiting for the email with every little piece spelled out for you before you will believe it?

White House Defends New Benghazi Email - ABC News

This is about as damning as you can get. No possible way to spin out of this one with any kind of truthfullness.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    The fact that every single new piece of info that comes out directly contradicts the admins narrative is driving the story. It doesn't matter how much you and Obama want it to go away, as long as info keeps trickling out as it has been, it will stay a story.

The sad fact is that if they would have come out with the unclassified parts of the truth right away this story would already be dead. Instead lie after lie is uncovered, especially with the massaging of the talking points Rice was given.
    I would like to point this out again. Once again, new info = proof of another Obama Admin lie.

I wish people would put this much effort in justice for all the soldiers that lost thier lives in Iraq on false pretense.
    2006 Evo IX - Bolt ons

sweet strawman.

Ive given up on this because the Admin can lie, bold faced, and tell you they didnt. Whats the point anymore? 4 Americans were murdered because of the Presidents and his Administrations incompetence. Period.

Then they claim that Al Qaeda is gone!
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Should be common knowledge by now that politicians are the lowest life forms on the planet. Democrats are the lowest politicians and Obama is the lowest democrat.

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    4 Americans were murdered because of the Presidents and his Administrations incompetence. Period.

I cant agree with you here. 2 were killed because of incompetence within the state dept when they denied the requests for additional security.

The other 2 were killed not by incompetence, but by negligence when the admin, or the Africa Command CG failed to get support to the mission. Before anyone even thinks about saying they didnt have time to get troops there, how would they know, while the fighting was still going on, how long they had to support those men and women? SOCOM had men less than 2 hours away, so did the State Dept security at the embassy. There is absolutely no excuse for not having additional boots on the ground within 7 hours.

I'm sorry its a major dereliction of duty IMO which is incompetence
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERJC View Post
    I wish people would put this much effort in justice for all the soldiers that lost thier lives in Iraq on false pretense.
    this is the reason everyone knows this issue is a right wing conspiracy.

If it didn't lack so much evidence, motive, and consistency, then maybe they have something. But up to this point, it's just a big "gotcha" moment failure that wing nuts refuse to let go of.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

4 Dead americans that the administration lied to the American people about what the cause was to save face during an Election.

yeah, totally just a GOTCHA moment.

if this was George Bush you guys would be calling for War Crimes prosecution.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

this is the reason everyone knows this issue is a right wing conspiracy.
    Who woud you group into that everybody? George Soros and Chris Matthews?
    The only conspiracy I see is one by the administration to conceal the truth of a terrorist attack in order to match the admins narrative of current events.

Now if you would have said playing politics instead of conspiracy I would have agreed with you. You cant possibly complain about the GOP playing politics with this while at the same time be ok with the fact that the current Admin absolutely did the same thing.

If it didn't lack so much evidence,
    Evidence seems to be trickling out little by little through FOIA lawsuits.

motive,
    This is a joke right? Less than 2 months before a close election and a terrorist attack that calls into question the admin's narrative that al Queda is on the run isnt enough motive for you?

and consistency,
    You are right, the admin has had zero consistency in their dodges. It seems that every time a new piece of evidence comes out, it goes against what they claimed to be the truth the week before.

then maybe they have something. But up to this point, it's just a big "gotcha" moment failure that wing nuts refuse to let go of.
    It is a gotcha moment. They have gotten the admin in lie after lie after lie.

All this and they still havent come clean about who made the decision to push the video instead of telling the truth.

If the we didn't have a free press all these minor issues and blow-back about gun running would just go away and nobody would care...

We should look into that option.

You guys need to give it a rest.... democrats are tpo busy to be bothered by dead americans......

Is anyone gonna draft the gay football player and why havnt the redskins changed thier name?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You guys need to give it a rest.... democrats are tpo busy to be bothered by dead americans......

Is anyone gonna draft the gay football player and why havnt the redskins changed thier name?
    I am not saying that 4 American lives don't matter. I am saying that if that truly upsets you, where was this concern when we found out that all the reasons we went to war with Iraq was false. Head should have rolled for that and there should have been political blow back for anyone in congress that pushed and voted for the war (both democrats and republicans). The only reason there wasn't a peep out of anyone, is because too many hands were dirty on both sides. So again I feel that 4 American lives are valuable, but 4500 lives lost in the Iraq war I feel deserve more of this country’s attention.

There is no secret that all political figures, always try to cover anything up no matter if it’s intentional or unintentional. Integrity has not been found in Washington since the early 60’s.
    Last edited by TIGERJC; 05-12-2014 at 11:28 AM.
    2006 Evo IX - Bolt ons

Because you believe a narrative that is false. That Bush lied to get us to war. Thats revisionist history and not at all correct.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

I made no mention of Bush. Democrats and Republicans are both responsible for that misguided war. You want justice for 4 Americans, while I want justice for 4k Men and Women service members. Also let’s not forget the 100k+ civilian lives lost. There should have at least been some politically consequences for all parties associated with the Iraq War. It just makes me sick when either side nitpicks the other side while forgetting what the people they support do.

All presidents lie to us and you would be a damn fool not to believe that. Don't forget that they're politicians. Do you just turn your blinders on when someone you support is in office? Gov't employees work for us and all should be held accountable for their actions including Obama (Seems that you want me to mention his name in order to validate my argument).
    2006 Evo IX - Bolt ons

War is hell, people die. There is casualties on every side. What JUSTICE do you want?

we were 100% justified to go to war, we were 100% in the right (massive support from Congress).

So, yeah I hate that our service people died, but they died during a war.

They werent targeted by a terrorist group while being a diplomat at an embassy.

You know there is a difference between a Diplomat and soldier right?
    -www.usedbarcode.net

I made no mention of Bush. Democrats and Republicans are both responsible for that misguided war. You want justice for 4 Americans, while I want justice for 4k Men and Women service members. Also let’s not forget the 100k+ civilian lives lost. There should have at least been some politically consequences for all parties associated with the Iraq War. It just makes me sick when either side nitpicks the other side while forgetting what the people they support do.

All presidents lie to us and you would be a damn fool not to believe that. Don't forget that they're politicians. Do you just turn your blinders on when someone you support is in office? Gov't employees work for us and all should be held accountable for their actions including Obama (Seems that you want me to mention his name in order to validate my argument).

You are missing the point, or at least my point. The lives lost are a secondary issue to me. The issue I have is that this admin has stonewalled any attempt to find out what happened in the aftermath. We dont know who pushed the video and protest lie. We dont know who gave the stand down order that prevented a reaction force from going to Benghazi, which could have saved 2 lives. We dont know why requests for additional security were ignored or denied. We dont know why Stevens was even in Benghazi when most other consulates were evacuated.

The admin has the answers to every single one of these questions but has refused to answer them, which brings up another question. Why all the secrecy?

Its not the attack thats the problem. Its not the lost lives that is the problem. The problem is the coverup and the continued lies even after they have been caught in them.

As for fallout from the Iraq war, I would say the GOP got plenty of them. The dems, on the other hand, walked away scott free.

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    War is hell, people die. There is casualties on every side. What JUSTICE do you want?

we were 100% justified to go to war, we were 100% in the right (massive support from Congress).

So, yeah I hate that our service people died, but they died during a war.

They werent targeted by a terrorist group while being a diplomat at an embassy.

You know there is a difference between a Diplomat and soldier right?
    Being a Diplomat is a dangerous job and working security for that Diplomat is also dangerous. What's your point??

Instead soldiers were targeted by terrorists for just being there.

How the hell were we justified in going to war on false claims? Where is your outrage that Service members were sent over there for no valid reason? O that's right, someone that you like occupied the top political position. You're no different than the liberals that blindly support Obama and don't see all his mistakes. People like you is why are political spectrum has gone to crap.
    2006 Evo IX - Bolt ons

Spare me the alex jones shit youre spewing. I come from a family that has served in the military for 50+ years, dont lecture me on service men and women.

We went to war for valid reasons, 85% of congress thought it was valid. Service men and women thought it was valid.

Revisionist history is what youre doing.

If you cant make the connection between SOLDIERS dieing, and DIPLOMATs dieing then that is where the conversation ends.

go educate yourself
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    You are missing the point, or at least my point. The lives lost are a secondary issue to me. The issue I have is that this admin has stonewalled any attempt to find out what happened in the aftermath. We dont know who pushed the video and protest lie. We dont know who gave the stand down order that prevented a reaction force from going to Benghazi, which could have saved 2 lives. We dont know why requests for additional security were ignored or denied. We dont know why Stevens was even in Benghazi when most other consulates were evacuated.

The admin has the answers to every single one of these questions but has refused to answer them, which brings up another question. Why all the secrecy?

Its not the attack thats the problem. Its not the lost lives that is the problem. The problem is the coverup and the continued lies even after they have been caught in them.

As for fallout from the Iraq war, I would say the GOP got plenty of them. The dems, on the other hand, walked away scott free.
    Lives are secondary to me. If the GOP had their hands in it, they would not even be pushing this. It’s all politics; both sides play this damn game. Politics was played in the Iraq war farce, but neither side really went after it, because both parties were involved and no clear victor could emerge.

But back to Benghazi, when the attack occurred I can’t believe all this crap that’s being spewed that those killed were hung out there to die instead of being helped for political reason. We have diplomats all over the world and I am not surprised how ineffective we were when we’re caught off guard. The CIA and our intelligence community as a whole have shown how they can drop the ball on occasion. Instead I want the investigation to look at the response (the lack) and so that we can be prepared for the next incident. Also so that anyone that was negligent is remove from their position.

I can’t support this, but I am sure politics was involved in how the matter was handled afterwards. Political handlers for the white house and for the secretary of state more than likely had their hands on the language that was used to describe the incident. It was an election year, and we all know that Hillary was going to run in 2016. Staffers are going to make sure that their candidate is not a political target for anything, so the incentives were there for politics to be played. Of course that is bad, but we should be vocal every time that happens no matter what party is involved. The same political game was played when all the reports started coming out that no WMDs were found in Iraq. That’s when we got the mission accomplish campaign and that we’re here for the Iraq people, blah,blah,blah.

Political fallout is when everyone who voted for that war is held accountable by the people and voted out.
    2006 Evo IX - Bolt ons

Lives are secondary to me. If the GOP had their hands in it, they would not even be pushing this.
    If the GOP had their hands in this it would be the Dems doing exactly what the GOP is doing now. You know it, I know it, they know it.

But back to Benghazi, when the attack occurred I can’t believe all this crap that’s being spewed that those killed were hung out there to die instead of being helped for political reason. We have diplomats all over the world and I am not surprised how ineffective we were when we’re caught off guard. The CIA and our intelligence community as a whole have shown how they can drop the ball on occasion. Instead I want the investigation to look at the response (the lack) and so that we can be prepared for the next incident. Also so that anyone that was negligent is remove from their position.
    Benghazi timeline: How the attack unfolded - CBS News

That link is missing a couple things along the way but is a pretty good run down of events.

Why were several requests for additional security denied amid a growing level of violence against westerners?
    How could it possibly take more than 7 hours for a small security team to travel only 400 miles?

Several sources have reported that we had a response team on the tarmac in Tripoli before the first attack ended but were called back.

Diplomat: U.S. Special Forces told "you can't go" to Benghazi during attacks - CBS News

I can’t support this, but I am sure politics was involved in how the matter was handled afterwards. Political handlers for the white house and for the secretary of state more than likely had their hands on the language that was used to describe the incident.
    No one is claiming that Obama or Clinton were personally responsible for changing the talking points. They are responsible for the continued lies and stonewalling of investigations though. As I said before, at this point it only a story because every new piece of info contradicts repeated admin claims.

I could honestly understand the political need to slow down the flow of info during the elections. I dont like it, but I understand that to people in DC elections come before anything else, including lives. What makes absolutely zero sense at all is the continued lies being pushed out. There is absolutely zero question in anyone's mind today that the admin covered up the events in Benghazi for purely political reasons. The only thing that the continued lies do is further marginalize this admin. At this point, Obama's only real legacy is going to be the lies he and his admin have told.

The same political game was played when all the reports started coming out that no WMDs were found in Iraq.
    1 major difference here. With Iraq, we went off sketchy intelligence. With Benghazi, the admin knew exactly what happened, but told the entire world something they knew at the time was false.

Political fallout is when everyone who voted for that war is held accountable by the people and voted out.
    GOP candidates were blown out in the next 2 elections, I would say they felt the fallout. Since they werent in charge of the whore house though, the dems received no piece of the blame. If you want to further discuss that, we can go to a new thread about the uninterested, unintelligent voters in the US and how much of a danger they really are.

SO, now that a conservative-led House committee found no wrong doing by the Obama administration in the attacks in Benghazi, can we officially call this BS a dead horse yet?

House panel: No administration wrongdoing in Benghazi attack - San Francisco Chronicle

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

SO, now that a conservative-led House committee found no wrong doing by the Obama administration in the attacks in Benghazi, can we officially call this BS a dead horse yet?

House panel: No administration wrongdoing in Benghazi attack - San Francisco Chronicle
    I'm assuming you are a subscriber to the SF chronicle, can you post the rest of the article?

BTW, in the actual attack, I dont think they did anything wrong, the lead up to, and after the attack is a very different situation.

The most transparent administration in history wins again. Glad we can finally put this behind us.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567