Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IA's OFFICIAL 10/16/2012 Debate Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Romney still didnt give a CLEAR answer on taxes IMO. Still wont name specific deductions.

Obama lied dead faced about Libya , even said at one point "proceed governor" when Romney was hammering him with a question. Even the moderator has come out and said Obama was wrong and Romney was right about the timeline on libya.

Other than that, if you support Obama, he got some good lines in, Romney did too.

Overall i think a draw.

However, The Frank Luntz ind focus group of voters heavily leaned Romney. whatever thats worth.
    I hate how you lie to our faces about something we all saw. You clearly dislike Obama. Romney was ridiculized when the moderator said yes he did when Obama said "repeat that". where you jerking off when this happened? Romney got red and choked. Come on man.

If you watched this debate Romney was brought out like what he is.... A hypocrite...
    How are you against Obamacare when you did the same in Mass... How are you against the bailing of GM when Romney accepted a bailout of I believe 40 millions in 2002 to save his company. He was shown as what he is... A HYPOCRITE. Obama clearly took this one home.

And the moderator fact-checked R-Money. Hard.

Romney: Did you actually sit in the rose garden and call what happened in Libya an act of terror on day one?

Obama: ....get the transcripts

Crowley: Yes. He did.

Obama: Can you say that a little louder?

(Applause)

If there was more on the spot fact-checking like this, Romney would be sitting at home counting his Cayman island investment money and Obama would be running unopposed.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

"Romney, Can you speak on AK47s?"

"Traditional marriage is important."

"What?"

"5 point plan."

"..what?"

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

"have you taken a look at your pension?"
    "It's clearly not as big as yours"

lollol

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    I liked Al Sharpton better when he was fat.
    I'll like Al Sharpton better when whatever is feeding on him finishes him off.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by nelson9995 View Post
    I hate how you lie to our faces about something we all saw. You clearly dislike Obama. Romney was ridiculized when the moderator said yes he did when Obama said "repeat that". where you jerking off when this happened? Romney got red and choked. Come on man.

If you watched this debate Romney was brought out like what he is.... A hypocrite...
    How are you against Obamacare when you did the same in Mass... How are you against the bailing of GM when Romney accepted a bailout of I believe 40 millions in 2002 to save his company. He was shown as what he is... A HYPOCRITE. Obama clearly took this one home.
    It wasnt a terror attack.
    It was a terror attack.
    It was batman.
    I like apples.

I just said it was a terror attack.

Obama said many things on this situation, one of the things that said was that they felt the security was adequate. Adequate security doesnt allow a Us embassy to be overtaken and it's occupants murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    So you found an editorial based off Rex Nutting's debunked article. I'm not going to go point by point on it again but that article is BS. They baseline his spending off 2009. He also attributes the stimulus spending to Bush as part of the 2009 budget. On top of that,
    he gives Obama credit for TARP repayments. TARP was approved by Bush.

Romney: Did you actually sit in the rose garden and call what happened in Libya an act of terror on day one?

(Applause)

If there was more on the spot fact-checking like this, Romney would be sitting at home counting his Cayman island investment money and Obama would be running unopposed.
    So Obama called it an act of terror in the rose garden, very vaguely, but he sort of said it. Why did his entire admins, including his, story change then? Who made up the story about the protest that never happened? Who said the attack was the result of the video?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I watched the entire debate and here is what I saw. Both sides were not courting undecided voters, instead they worked on energizing their base. They both came prepared and performed well. Obama avoided the key Libya question but addressed the matter at a different political angle. Obama finished strong which I believe gave his performance a slight edge.
    They were both obvious puppets for their party platforms.

Full Rose garden speech. You decide.

"Romney, Can you speak on AK47s?"

"Traditional marriage is important."

"What?"

"5 point plan."

"..what?"
    That was a little weird. I thought maybe I missed something because I went to get a tasty adult beverage.

LOL... WTF is even going on now?????
    Real time post was in real time. You heard it here first.

Full Rose garden speech. You decide.

Romney followed and clarified that the main that he was saying was accurate. (which the moderator, post-debate also fact checked and acknowledged was correct). His speech at the U.N. of what he was calling an 'act of terror' clearly says that the context was of a video.

President Obama’s 2012 address to U.N. General Assembly (Full text)

"At time, the conflicts arise along the fault lines of race or tribe, and often they arise from the difficulties of reconciling tradition and faith with the diversity and interdependence of the modern world. In every country, there are those who find different religious beliefs threatening. In every culture, those who love freedom for themselves must ask themselves how much they're willing to tolerate freedom for others. And that is what we saw play out in the last two weeks, where a crude and disgusting video sparked outrage throughout the Muslim world. Now, I have made it clear that the United States government had nothing to do with this video, and I believe its message must be rejected by all who respect our common humanity. It is an insult not only to Muslims, but to America as well."

This issue will come up next debate

Quote Originally Posted by ahabion View Post
    Romney followed and clarified that the main that he was saying was accurate. (which the moderator, post-debate also fact checked and acknowledged was correct)
    The moderator never changed what she said post debate. she just acknowledged what she said. Romney tried to set Obama up for the okey doke, Obama and Crowley called him out.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

The moderator never changed what she said post debate. she just acknowledged what she said. Romney tried to set Obama up for the okey doke, Obama and Crowley called him out.
    The fact is that the Obama administration repeatedly stated that it was a demonstration, and did not state that it was a terrorist attack. The "acts of terror" comment was a reference to 9/11, not to Libya. Romney was addressing the substance of the Obama speech, and Obama and Crowley were playing word games.
    Technically, Obama did utter the term "acts of terror" in his speech at the Rose Garden, but when taken in context, its meaning is very different than how Obama was trying to portray it in the debate. The fact that Crowley is a known Obama supporter and was so quick to jump in (before Obama could) makes it very suspicious that she was anticpating and was setting it up.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    The fact is that the Obama administration repeatedly stated that it was a demonstration, and did not state that it was a terrorist attack.
    Its not out of the realm of possibility that as the investigation was proceeding, his stance changed as more information developed.

The "acts of terror" comment was a reference to 9/11, not to Libya.
    What??? LOL. How did you come up with that? Did you read the transcript? Especially since 9/11 wasn't even mentioned. Obama specifically said "acts of terror" (the operative term here is acts - plural) and, in context, referred to any instance where, regardless of the circumstances, American/military lives are taken in pursuit of an idealogical goal.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

(Applause)

Crowley recanted already and said she was wrong, Romney was right.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

"have you taken a look at your pension?"
    "It's clearly not as big as yours"

lollol
    Hate the rich much? So you hate Romney for having more retirement money than Obama? Isnt Romney like 10 years his senior?
    -www.usedbarcode.net

1) I dont even know why i respond to you, you sound like an idiot.

2) What did i lie about? Romney didnt give a clear answer on deductions he would eliminate. That is factually true.

3) OBama lied about Libya , the moderator sided with Obama, then , recanted AFTER the debate was over and said she was WRONG. Romney was right.

I view it as a draw, thats opinion, i cant lie.

The focus group leaned heavily Romney, that is also fact.

So where did i LIE?

And lastly, i really didnt watch much of it, its all stuff i already know.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Its not out of the realm of possibility that as the investigation was proceeding, his stance changed as more information developed.

There never was a protest over a video that supposedly had like 300 views (heard this somewhere and may not be true) at the time of the attack. That was a figment of someone's imagination and I think the Admin owes it to the American people to know who made up that story. The fact that several very senior members of Obama's admin tried to push that narrative for nearly 2 weeks says it has nothing to do with information and everything to do with covering up the fact that the State Dept ignored requests for more security.

Then again, this wouldnt be the first, or 4th, time Obama has made a statement without knowing the facts.

Hate the rich much? So you hate Romney for having more retirement money than Obama? Isnt Romney like 10 years his senior?
    Romney had a job before entering politics also.

Crowley recanted already and said she was wrong, Romney was right.
    She never changed what she said on the debate floor. Both of them were right. Romney tried to play word games and Obama checked him

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1.../p2p-72926985/

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

She never changed what she said on the debate floor. Both of them were right. Romney tried to play word games and Obama checked him

LA Times
    Obama is also playing word games.

I dont care much about that speech though. Even if you want to credit for Obama calling it a terror attack in the Rose garden, he changed his story later in the day and for the next 2 weeks, including in a speech to the UN, where he blamed a protest caused by a video.

What??? LOL. How did you come up with that? Did you read the transcript? Especially since 9/11 wasn't even mentioned. Obama specifically said "acts of terror" (the operative term here is acts - plural) and, in context, referred to any instance where, regardless of the circumstances, American/military lives are taken in pursuit of an idealogical goal.
    you know i dont really take issue with the ORIGINAL statement Obama made. He did allude to freedom of speech being the cause , paraphrasing , he said something about we denouce anyone who speaks ill of anothers religion of something.

The problem i have is the 10 days afterward, where his administration, UN ambassador, Carney, Clinton, and then Obama himself on the view and at the UN outright stated it was a protest or youtube video that caused it all.

That my friend, is the problem.

they are either
    A) Incompetent
    B) Lying.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    It wasnt a terror attack.
    It was a terror attack.
    It was batman.
    I like apples.

I just said it was a terror attack.

Obama said many things on this situation, one of the things that said was that they felt the security was adequate. Adequate security doesnt allow a Us embassy to be overtaken and it's occupants murdered.
    I see what you guys do. You 2 will ALWAYS find a way around anything Obama says or does to go against it. HE SAID IT... THAT'S WHAT ROMNEY ASKED AND WAS SHUT DOWN!

And lastly, i really didnt watch much of it, its all stuff i already know.
    So how are you going to come to me... who watched and understood THE ENTIRE THING and tell me what I saw and understoos was wrong.... Thanks for clarifying that about this debate what you stated was wrong and anything and everything you say about it cannot be taken seriously as you did not watch much of it.

So how are you going to come to me... who watched and understood THE ENTIRE THING and tell me what I saw and understoos was wrong.... Thanks for clarifying that about this debate what you stated was wrong and anything and everything you say about it cannot be taken seriously as you did not watch much of it.
    cool retort bro.

I watched the parts i commented on. Im sorry you have comprehension problems. And im sorry, all due respect to Sinfix, he is much harder on Obama than i am. SO that just shows again, how partisan and biased you are. Obama will do no wrong in your eyes either.

Hey guess what, Romney now 6 points up in Gallup poll.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

New Gallup poll has Romney up 6% over Obama among likely voters (About tied when considering margin of error)

The race for president is about tied among likely voters -- markedly different from 2008, when Barack Obama won by seven percentage points. Compared with 2008, support for Obama is down sharply among men, college graduates, and Southern voters.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Hey guess what, Romney now 6 points up in Gallup poll.
    Romney getting a 'tie' in a format that was HIGHLY more favorable to Obama was as good as a win. Like I said after the first debate, I would really like to see donation numbers.

New Gallup poll has Romney up 6% over Obama among likely voters (About tied when considering margin of error)

The race for president is about tied among likely voters -- markedly different from 2008, when Barack Obama won by seven percentage points. Compared with 2008, support for Obama is down sharply among men, college graduates, and Southern voters.

National polls are nice window dressing, but what really matters are the swing states especially Wisconsin, Ohio, Florida, North Carolina, Penn and Wisconsin.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    Romney getting a 'tie' in a format that was HIGHLY more favorable to Obama was as good as a win. Like I said after the first debate, I would really like to see donation numbers.
    National polls are nice window dressing, but what really matters are the swing states especially Wisconsin, Ohio, Florida, North Carolina, Penn and Wisconsin.
    Which Romeny has gained in all swing states, and now hes within margin of error in PA
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Which Romeny has gained in all swing states, and now hes within margin of error in PA
    I agree, but I wont judge polling on this debate until at least friday as most polls use a rolling 3 day average.

I also like the real clear politics averages over a single poll.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...#battlegrounds

Obama knows he has no chance in a state like GA full of people like sinfix and vteckidd lol (no harm intended). He has to worry about states in the northeast, etc...

Romney DID not tie this. He got shut down and his mask was taken off.
    Who here agrees that Obama put him out like the hypocrite he is?
    Against Obamacare but you did the same?
    Care for 100& of Americans but 47% are "victims."
    Wants to create jobs but outsources them out of country?

Come on guys.

Most be a republican poll. The poll I saw had Obama in the high 40's and Romney in the 30's.

Obama knows he has no chance in a state like GA full of people like sinfix and vteckidd lol (no harm intended). He has to worry about states in the northeast, etc...

Come on guys.
    I believe I have told you this before but I think it needs repeated. You are too stupid for this forum.

Lets play your game about Libya though for a second and lets see if you have an answer.

The day after the attack, Obama says it was a terrorist plot.

Please explain to me why he, and the rest of the senior members of his Admin, changed their story and blamed the attack on a protest that never happened? How did this protest that never happened over a video that no one saw get out of hand and lead to a spontaneous attack? These should be simple questions to answer since he know the day after the attack that it was terrorism.

Come on guys.
    its worthless debating people like you because A) youre incompetent on the issues B) youre so partisan its like arguing with a wall. The fact youre classifying me as a hardcore republican is laughable and proves you are such a noob in this forum you probably shouldnt even be in here forming those kinds of opinions.

1) Most places gave Obama the win in the debate. I dont know how. I dont think Romney won either. But, did Obama do well enough to erase the major momentum Romney gained from the first debate? Absolutely not.
    2) State exactly what is hypocritical. Because last night Obama said 2 major things that were highly laughable and hypocritical.
    3) Romney healthcare plan was nowhere near what Obamacare is, proves you dont know the issues. State passed legislation isnt congruent to national federal take over of healthcare. noob
    4) he said 47% of the people view themselves as victims. He will never convince them, youre probably 1 of those 47% of people. No matter what he says you wont believe him because of your disdain for your career, your life, the "RICH" , or whatever your excuse is. He wins your vote by giving you more opportunity.
    5) Outsources? REally? Cool Democrat talking point bro. So tell me, where is STAPLES LOCATED? the US? are those OUTSOURCED JOBS? Outsourcing is part of business jackass, it happens. GO RUN YOUR OWN COMPANY IF YOU THINK YOU CAN DO IT BETTER.

Lastly, Obama has sent MASSIVE jobs overseas from the stimulus.

pull your head out of your ass you just sound stupid
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Most be a republican poll. The poll I saw had Obama in the high 40's and Romney in the 30's.
    That poll is 3 weeks old and was taken before the first debate.

youre too stupid for this forum.

Gallup isnt a republican poll. Neither is Rasmussen or RCP.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

That poll is 3 weeks old and was taken before the first debate.
    cant you ban forum trolls? Seriously he has no reason to be in here.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

I've seriously thought about it but his only offense is his own stupidity. As much as I would enjoy it, this forum doesnt require a minimum IQ.

I'm not a supermod with ban powers. I can only moderate posts.

I will open my own company really soon actually and show break down to you how a company is ran without taking advantage of people like Romney did. Call me as stupid as you want... I know for a fact I have more opportunity in finding better jobs than you, all day long. You wouldn't survive being thrown in a country out of your language, learn the language, make a career, start a business, and get as far as I have. You don't know me... You got shit on me...

You don't know my experience or qualifications. Don't insult me saying I'm the 47%. I understand that many of those people really do temporarily need it and many are taking advantage of it.

Accept it or not. You are a hardcore Republican.
    Many more can agree.

I will open my own company really soon actually and show break down to you how a company is ran without taking advantage of people like Romney did. Call me as stupid as you want... I know for a fact I have more opportunity to find better jobs than you. You wouldn't survive being thrown in a country out of your language, learn the language, make a career, start a business, and get as far as I have. You don't know me... You got shit on me...

Accept it or not. You are a hardcore Republican.
    Many more can agree.

Thats cute.

Now answer my question.

Please explain to me why he, and the rest of the senior members of his Admin, changed their story and blamed the attack on a protest that never happened? How did this protest that never happened over a video that no one saw get out of hand and lead to a spontaneous attack? These should be simple questions to answer since he know the day after the attack that it was terrorism.

Thats cute.

Now answer my question.
    He can't. A country beyond Mexico's borders is not important enough to worry about. The news has said that the consolate members probably had it coming to them anyway. If the Lilly Ledbetter Act were not being argued by the Right, those Americans would have been saved. It would've scare those South American Libyans enough since it Obama did say that they would be able to better protect the women from Southern Gahdahfi forces.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast