Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 89

Thread: Romney comments criticized but true.

  1. #1
    Senior Member | IA Veteran Sinfix_15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Columbus GA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    11,435
    Rep Power
    29

    Default Romney comments criticized but true.

    Everyone on the news analyzing and criticizing Romney's comments this week and saying he's out of touch with the common man. Even though these comments are being viewed as a mistake, they were true. I've been making the same comments on here for months. There's a group of people who will vote for Obama no matter what he does. Obama could fertilize his lawn with a bag of puppies and orphans that he ran thru a wood chipper and black people will still vote for him. Obama could drop a nuclear bomb on Oakland because he's a Browns fan and people on welfare would still vote for him. Obama could lower the national credit rating and build the highest debt in american history while going on the largest government spending spree in history and people will still vote for him.

    Romney just said what we're all thinking.......................................... .......................................

    Dumbasses are going to vote for Obama no matter what he does. Black people are going to vote for Obama no matter what. People on food stamps and welfare are going to vote for Obama no matter what. People on section 8 housing are going to vote for Obama no matter what.

    ​Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Romney wants to hand america a fishing pole, Obama wants to have all you eat fish dinners every night of the week and just put the bill on america's credit card. Some people are too lazy to pick up that fishing pole, i hope those people are not the ones who decide the election.


    "The greatest form of inequality is when you try to make unequal things equal"

  2. #2
    Senior Member | IA Veteran Sinfix_15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Columbus GA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    11,435
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Media lap dogs in hot pursuit of the wrong story

    Media lap dogs in hot pursuit of the wrong story
    What we are in the midst of witnessing right now is a complete, Fukushima-style meltdown of the mainstream media.

    Without these slobbering lap dogs, President Obama never would have been elected in the first place. And now they are his only hope for staying in office amid all the global violence, a morbidly paralyzed economy and a national crisis of confidence so profound that the American Dream has become nothing more than quaint fiction for millions.

    Nearly four years after President Obama promised to ease Arab hatred of America, the Middle East burns hotter than ever. Polls show America has never been more deeply despised.

    Respected newspapers around the world report that the Obama administration was explicitly warned days before the attack on the American Consulate in Libya in which our ambassador was brutally killed. But officials did nothing to stop the worst terrorist attack on the U.S. since 9/11.

    Four years after promising to cut the deficit in half, President Obama has exploded the debt to a record $16 trillion. Welfare rolls have ballooned to levels once unimaginable in America and you are actually paying for campaigns to recruit more people onto welfare.

    "The greatest form of inequality is when you try to make unequal things equal"

  3. #3
    IA's MIA'r Sammich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Killin all imposter Sammiches
    Posts
    59,408
    Rep Power
    134

    Default

    i havent heard the clip of what he said, neither will i take the time, but from the jist of what i've heard he says...there are those that need govt assistance, to those that TAKE ADVANTAGE of it, should be those who take offense to what he said, period.



    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

  4. #4
    Certified Gearhead CptWitwiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Macon, GA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    787
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    ive heard idiots say " just wait to see what he can do when he doesnt have to worry about getting re-elected" ... if he did a good job there wouldnt be any worry at all...

  5. #5
    Senior Member | IA Veteran Sinfix_15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Columbus GA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    11,435
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CptWitwiki View Post
    ive heard idiots say " just wait to see what he can do when he doesnt have to worry about getting re-elected" ... if he did a good job there wouldnt be any worry at all...
    I listen to black people praise him all day long. I swear the other day when they were criticizing Romney's latest comments, the black people were jumping and cheering like it was a football game and their team just got an interception.

    Romney's comments were very insensitive, but damn were they accurate. There is absolutely NOTHING.......... that would sway an Obama supporter, even though most Obama supporters cant tell you the reason they support him.

    "The greatest form of inequality is when you try to make unequal things equal"

  6. #6
    IA's MIA'r Sammich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Killin all imposter Sammiches
    Posts
    59,408
    Rep Power
    134

    Default

    i just want to know what human can correct the fukery that the US was in when Obama took office in under 4 years? dont worry i'll wait.



    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

  7. #7
    Gods Chariot Vteckidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Atlanta Centennial Park
    Age
    38
    Posts
    33,102
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    Obama calls me a bible toting gun loving redneck - no big deal
    Romney calls people who use govt assistance as viewing themselves as victims- riot in the streets


    I mean he's expressing exactly what democrats are preaching. You didn't build that, the system is rigged, etc that's all classifying people as victims
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

  8. #8
    Senior Member | IA Veteran Sinfix_15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Columbus GA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    11,435
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    i just want to know what human can correct the fukery that the US was in when Obama took office in under 4 years? dont worry i'll wait.
    This question has been answered a dozen times over on this website........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................



    Let me know how making excuses and blaming everything on Bush is going to correct the fukery that Obama created............ dont worry, i'll wait.

    "The greatest form of inequality is when you try to make unequal things equal"

  9. #9
    IA's MIA'r Sammich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Killin all imposter Sammiches
    Posts
    59,408
    Rep Power
    134

    Default

    SN: black people or possible Obama electors?



    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

  10. #10
    IA's MIA'r Sammich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Killin all imposter Sammiches
    Posts
    59,408
    Rep Power
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    This question has been answered a dozen times over on this website........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................



    Let me know how making excuses and blaming everything on Bush is going to correct the fukery that Obama created............ dont worry, i'll wait.
    didnt mention names, i was solely talking what HUMAN could correct the fukery that the US was in, in the same length of time (when i mentioned a name) Obama's been in office. that's all i'm asking..

    in under 4 years, what human can correct the nonsense that's been culminating in the years prior to?

    like i said, dont worry, i'll wait.



    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

  11. #11
    Senior Member | IA Veteran Sinfix_15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Columbus GA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    11,435
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    didnt mention names, i was solely talking what HUMAN could correct the fukery that the US was in, in the same length of time (when i mentioned a name) Obama's been in office. that's all i'm asking..

    in under 4 years, what human can correct the nonsense that's been culminating in the years prior to?

    like i said, dont worry, i'll wait.
    Obama has done nothing but make it worse.... all his supporters do is say he needs more time. HES MAKING IT WORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    "The greatest form of inequality is when you try to make unequal things equal"

  12. #12
    Senior Member | IA Veteran Sinfix_15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Columbus GA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    11,435
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    SN: black people or possible Obama electors?
    Everyone knows that black people are unconditional Obama supporters..... deny it, complain about it, get mad about it..... it is what it is. Black people are either going to vote for Obama or not vote.

    "The greatest form of inequality is when you try to make unequal things equal"

  13. #13
    IA's MIA'r Sammich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Killin all imposter Sammiches
    Posts
    59,408
    Rep Power
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Obama calls me a bible toting gun loving redneck - no big deal
    Romney calls people who use govt assistance as viewing themselves as victims- riot in the streets


    I mean he's expressing exactly what democrats are preaching. You didn't build that, the system is rigged, etc that's all classifying people as victims
    shots are being thrown back and forth. as a PERSON looking from both sides, i could still see siding w/ Obama, because i do know of the struggle adn that SOME people are actually in a state in which they cannot help and are still struggling to make it, the right way and not turn to crime and resort to government assistance until they are able to do better. is that wrong of them or make them victims because they are in an unfortunate state of life that they are having a hard time getting out of? sometimes people have a helluva time making a better situation because of where they are, and it's even harder to make moves because their current state of living doesnt allow them to save the money they would like, or any money period, to move to an area taht would afford them a better opportunity to live a better life. some areas are more fukd up than others at providing people w/ a job/career that they can make a decent living, take care of necessities and enjoy life as well.

    i dont like that basically Romney is looking at all those that are less fortunate, EITHER by chose or by unfortunate circumstance 'leeches' in essence.

    being that i dont vote period, fuk the whole govt, it'll never be perfect, so i dont care to vote for w/e. i'm just giving an outsider looking in.



    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

  14. #14
    IA's MIA'r Sammich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Killin all imposter Sammiches
    Posts
    59,408
    Rep Power
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Obama has done nothing but make it worse.... all his supporters do is say he needs more time. HES MAKING IT WORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    question has still not been answered. *waiting*

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Everyone knows that black people are unconditional Obama supporters..... deny it, complain about it, get mad about it..... it is what it is. Black people are either going to vote for Obama or not vote.
    or vote for Romney. i know a couple of 'black people' that are voting for Romney.

    i also know of white people voting for Obama. people that give a shit enough about politics and actually what they themselves stand for are going to vote for whose closest to the things that concern them.



    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

  15. #15
    Public Enemy #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kennesaw
    Posts
    11,300
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    My only two cents...

    IF for some reason Obama actually manages to win in November, dooming this nation or putting the final nail in the coffin, I feel bad for the mess he is going to inherit. That asshole over the last 4 years is really going to pass this mess on too the winner in November.

  16. #16
    Senior Member | IA Veteran Sinfix_15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Columbus GA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    11,435
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    question has still not been answered. *waiting*



    or vote for Romney. i know a couple of 'black people' that are voting for Romney.

    i also know of white people voting for Obama. people that give a shit enough about politics and actually what they themselves stand for are going to vote for whose closest to the things that concern them.
    No answer would ever be good enough for you because you already fail to realize that your question comes from false pretenses. The economy wasnt bad just because of Bush. Obama has done a worse job than Bush. Obama has done a worse job than anyone......... ever.

    Who could do a better job than Obama and running the country after Bush???? anyone.... everyone...... any other candidate.... John Kerry...... John Mccain.... Tim Tebow.... Kanye West........... Madonna... anyone.




    and to the highlighted part.... you aint gotta lie to kick it.

    "The greatest form of inequality is when you try to make unequal things equal"

  17. #17
    Certified Gearhead
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Age
    38
    Posts
    945
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Who could turn it around in 4 years with the mess he inherited? During the RNC, Ronald Regan's son comes on for a small interview, and him and the newscaster showed numbers how Reagan turned around Carter's mess in 3 years with numbers that are very very similar to today's when the inflation that's occurred since is factored in.

  18. #18
    Senior Member | IA Veteran Sinfix_15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Columbus GA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    11,435
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt300ZXT View Post
    Who could turn it around in 4 years with the mess he inherited? During the RNC, Ronald Regan's son comes on for a small interview, and him and the newscaster showed numbers how Reagan turned around Carter's mess in 3 years with numbers that are very very similar to today's when the inflation that's occurred since is factored in.
    Obama has made it worse. I'm sick and tired of hearing this same propaganda over and over that Obama hasnt had enough time.

    "The greatest form of inequality is when you try to make unequal things equal"

  19. #19
    IA's MIA'r Sammich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Killin all imposter Sammiches
    Posts
    59,408
    Rep Power
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    No answer would ever be good enough for you because you already fail to realize that your question comes from false pretenses.
    if you say so

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt300ZXT View Post
    Who could turn it around in 4 years with the mess he inherited? During the RNC, Ronald Regan's son comes on for a small interview, and him and the newscaster showed numbers how Reagan turned around Carter's mess in 3 years with numbers that are very very similar to today's when the inflation that's occurred since is factored in.
    as i said i'm not big into politics, period. if that's the case i stand corrected



    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

  20. #20
    Public Enemy #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kennesaw
    Posts
    11,300
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt300ZXT View Post
    Who could turn it around in 4 years with the mess he inherited? During the RNC, Ronald Regan's son comes on for a small interview, and him and the newscaster showed numbers how Reagan turned around Carter's mess in 3 years with numbers that are very very similar to today's when the inflation that's occurred since is factored in.
    But its simply the fact that even if Bush was not the best, Obama did worse. Think of it as a fire.....Bush made a perimeter and sprayed some water on some areas to keep it from spreading, but did not put out the fire. Obama came in on the premise of putting out the fire, rebuilding the house and selling it for twice what it is worth. Instead he came in, bowed to the fire, apologized for too/for the fire, replaced the water with gasoline and made the perimeter that was containing the fire to an area 5x wider allowing the fire to spread further. Then says, I need 4 more years to fix it.

    Simply school age adage, "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, then it must be a duck."

  21. #21
    Senior Member | IA Veteran Sinfix_15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Columbus GA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    11,435
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post

    as i said i'm not big into politics, period. if that's the case i stand corrected
    Most Obama supporters arent. If they were, they wouldnt be Obama supporters.

    "The greatest form of inequality is when you try to make unequal things equal"

  22. #22
    IA's MIA'r Sammich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Killin all imposter Sammiches
    Posts
    59,408
    Rep Power
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Most Obama supporters arent. If they were, they wouldnt be Obama supporters.
    obviously you didnt read my above statements stating the main reason why i would if i were into politics and voted. also you didnt read that i dont vote.

    i guess you're one of the ones who skim over the jist of what's said and take out the bad, i guess like a politician or media



    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

  23. #23
    Senior Member | IA Veteran Sinfix_15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Columbus GA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    11,435
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    obviously you didnt read my above statements stating the main reason why i would if i were into politics and voted. also you didnt read that i dont vote.

    i guess you're one of the ones who skim over the jist of what's said and take out the bad, i guess like a politician or media
    You're an Obama apologist, whether you vote or not.

    "The greatest form of inequality is when you try to make unequal things equal"

  24. #24
    Public Enemy #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kennesaw
    Posts
    11,300
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    obviously you didnt read my above statements stating the main reason why i would if i were into politics and voted. also you didnt read that i dont vote.

    i guess you're one of the ones who skim over the jist of what's said and take out the bad, i guess like a politician or media
    What he is trying to say is that its impossible to support Obama unless your head is buried in the sand. Logically, Obama has done nothing worth supporting. Base it off the past, present or future, giving him 4 more years would only simply dig us a bigger hole and most likely, hell, almost a definite calapse of this nation.

    Basically if you got a tattoo from someone and they did a bad job 4 times(years) in a row, would you really give them more chances(years)?

  25. #25
    IA's MIA'r Sammich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Killin all imposter Sammiches
    Posts
    59,408
    Rep Power
    134

    Default

    You're an Obama apologist, whether you vote or not.
    all i'm saying is what he's spoken OF is what i support. being an "Obama apologist" is nothing that i am and i support nothing in politics. Lesser of the 2 evils, is Obama, because of the lack of concern for the 'little man' or the 'struggling people' in the states. not everyone comes from wealth and are able to reach into a trust fund/massive savings acct/etc to make their dreams come true. Obama could take it and do a good job at making the states better or Romney could, still gona be a host of fukd up situations going on, period. And there's nothing none of those candidates or anyone else can do about it, guess that's what you're failing to realize

    your defenses have been ignorant. i'm being straight up and looking at the broad aspect of the entire situation.



    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

  26. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,627
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Dumbasses are going to vote for Obama no matter what he does. Black people are going to vote for Obama no matter what. People on food stamps and welfare are going to vote for Obama no matter what. People on section 8 housing are going to vote for Obama no matter what.
    Of course not everyone is a swing voter but that wasnt what was controversial about Mitt's statement. It was that the 47% of the population who don't pay income tax are all Obama voters, have no personal responsibility, and believe they are victims. It's such a ridiculous over generalization. Many people who don't pay income tax vote republican. Many people who don't pay income taxes are students, retirees, the disabled, and full time workers. To say all those groups take no responsibility for their lives and consider themselves victims is mind boggling.

  27. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,627
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    i'm being straight up and looking at the broad aspect of the entire situation.
    Good luck. For many people on here there is only black and white. No grey. You are either with them or against them. Their values are the only valid ones. Information can only be interprested in one way. etc. etc.

  28. #28
    Gods Chariot Vteckidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Atlanta Centennial Park
    Age
    38
    Posts
    33,102
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MachNU View Post
    My only two cents...

    IF for some reason Obama actually manages to win in November, dooming this nation or putting the final nail in the coffin, I feel bad for the mess he is going to inherit. That asshole over the last 4 years is really going to pass this mess on too the winner in November.
    while I personally believe it will get worse , I caution against the Doomsday Apocalypse talk, because if Obama wins, GOP will still hold the House, maybe the SEnate. He will not be able to get anything done, and vice versa. We will see 4 more years of gridlock and excessive spending.

    I also would warn SinFIx against the excessive use of black people =obama voters. While its true, you arent winning anyone over by continuing to bring it up. The same thing could be said about "rednecks vote for GOP" both are true, but neither wins any support.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

  29. #29
    Gods Chariot Vteckidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Atlanta Centennial Park
    Age
    38
    Posts
    33,102
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    Of course not everyone is a swing voter but that wasnt what was controversial about Mitt's statement. It was that the 47% of the population who don't pay income tax are all Obama voters, have no personal responsibility, and believe they are victims. It's such a ridiculous over generalization. Many people who don't pay income tax vote republican. Many people who don't pay income taxes are students, retirees, the disabled, and full time workers. To say all those groups take no responsibility for their lives and consider themselves victims is mind boggling.
    Thats not what he said. he generalized, they do it all the time, what he said is FACTUALLY TRUE.

    Quote Originally Posted by ROMNEY
    There are 47% of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47% who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that’s an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what.

    “And I mean the President starts off with 49, 49…he starts off with a huge number. These are people who pay no income tax. 47% of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn’t connect.
    Ok so lets actually look and dissect his statement, hes talking about 2 different things, POLL NUMBERS and PERCENTAGES OF TAX PAYERS. Dont MIX the 2.

    1) Obama has consistently polled around 47-50% of the voters.
    Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™
    RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

    So, despite 8+% in UE, Gas prices 100% more than they were 4 years ago, 23 million people out of work and climbing, 49-50% of the country still supports Obama. WHY? Record number of people on foodstamps, in poverty. Hes done nothing to help them, nothing to improve their situation. All he has done is extend UE benefits over and over again.

    So it doesnt really make any sense , one would conclude "they are supporting him because they will always support him not matter the data".

    Going even further, you have to also deduce that the majority of these people like his programs which amount to spending money on social programs like Unemployment Benefits and removing the work requirement for Welfare, etc. He was describing the faction of people in that 47%, not ALL people who vote Obama are govt leeches, but i think its fair to say that a fair portion of them receive govt help, programs, welfare, UE, etc. They believe they are entitled to healthcare, food, housing, living wages, etc. Newsflash, THAT IS GOVT DEPENDANCE.


    Secondly,
    PolitiFact | John Cornyn says 51 percent of American households pay no income tax

    50%+ DO NOT PAY FEDERAL INCOME TAXES in the USA. is it fair to say ALL those people are Obama supporters? No. But, i would bet the majority are and theres a reason for it. His point was that the GOP is talking about tax cuts for both the middle and upper class so A) businesses hire B) middle class has more money in their pocket to spend in the economy.

    The problem is that if 50+% of the voters DONT EVEN WORK OR PAY INCOME TAX, TAX TALK MEANS SHIT TO THEM. They dont care. a 5% cut in taxes for someone that pays 0%, is well, meaningless.

    His statements were generalizations, but factually correct.

    Anyone with a brain or 5th grade reading comprehension skills knows what he was saying.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

  30. #30
    Gods Chariot Vteckidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Atlanta Centennial Park
    Age
    38
    Posts
    33,102
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    Romney was 10000% correct that no matter what he says, that faction of people will NOT vote for him. They view him as a wealthy businessman who doesnt want to do anything but make more money.

    The problem to me is this, if you are unemployed right now, how does the president help you?

    Obama claims that Taxing the Rich will solve the problem. Pay their fair share, and economic prosperity will happen. He will INVEST (CODE WORD FOR SPEND) in Clean Energy (CODE WORD FOR DUMP MONEY TO WEALTHY DONORS WHO INVEST IN STARTUP COMPANIES AND BLEED THEM DRY STICKING TAX PAYERS WITH THE BILL), and Teachers, Fire Fighters, Police. Well i dont know about you, but i dont want to be a teacher, fire fighter, or policeman. I want a job.

    Tell me how taxing the RICH , which EVEN IF HE GOT HIS WAY letting bush era tax cuts expire, he would net around 60-100 billion dollars. How does that directly translate to helping YOU, the person out of work? Is Obama going to just give you a check? Create more govt jobs? Why not just abolish income taxes altogether if hes going to redistribute the upper income taxes anyway? wouldnt that be more direct? Instead of taxing the rich 4% more, why not just let the lower bracket not pay income taxes? (remember that 50% number from the previous post). Its because he knows his voting block doesnt pay taxes anyway so it does them no good. By demonizing the "RICH" he gains points with the poor who are envious, and he can keep trying to buy their votes through social programs (UE, Welfare, Healthcare, SS, MC, etc).

    Romney, knows that sitting there talking about complex economic issues wont reach the average voter. They dont get it, and they dont want to. How does he want to help you? He wants to lower the expenses of the top 10% income bracket so you get hired. SO they invest in their companies, so they buy another ferrari, or yacht, or jet, or office building. Raise your wages.

    Heres a really easy thing to understand, Obama and the US GOVT only collect taxes from people earning WAGES. The way to grow revenue is not to take bigger portions, its to get more people working , so more people are in the tax paying groups. you end up killing 2 birds with 1 stone (people back to work, and more revenue coming in)



    You can choose to believe whatever you want, but if i tax you more, are you going to spend more money? probably not. Just take it at face value, the same happens for a guy making 100 million a year. If you take 10% more from him in taxes, can he survive, SURE, but how does that HELP YOU? That money is not going DIRECTLY into your pocket, Obama knows that. Its going in HIS (and other politicians).

    The evil rich arent evil , they are the only ones who can put you into a job and pay you.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

  31. #31
    Who is John Galt? Echonova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    89
    Posts
    26,989
    Rep Power
    78

    Default

    How many people here are employed by a poor person?

  32. #32
    Gods Chariot Vteckidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Atlanta Centennial Park
    Age
    38
    Posts
    33,102
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    youll lose that argument because its a talking point people are conditioned to respond to. You have to break it down simpler than that.

    People see that and dismiss it as a GOP talking point.

    Even though its not, i find walking people through the problem and letting them understand how taxing the rich does nothing for them is the fastest approach.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

  33. #33
    Who is John Galt? Echonova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    89
    Posts
    26,989
    Rep Power
    78

    Default

    You may be right, although I've found "walking" people through only ends up as a tremendous waste of my time. Until they figure it out for themselves, the words fall on deaf ears.



  34. #34
    Moderator BanginJimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hiram, GA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    7,499
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    i dont like that basically Romney is looking at all those that are less fortunate, EITHER by chose or by unfortunate circumstance 'leeches' in essence.
    "Less fortunate" is PC code for too fucking lazy and/or stupid to support themselves. It is also forcing you into the assumption that if you are successful it is because you are lucky. It has nothing to do with hard work or smart decisions. Just pure, blind luck.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    all i'm saying is what he's spoken OF is what i support.
    So you support lower quality health care? You support redistribution of wealth?

    What did Obama say that was actually true?

    He was going to close Gitmo in his first year? 4 years later and nothing.
    Cut the deficit in half during his first term? Actually he tripled it.
    Pass the stimulus and UE wouldnt go over 8%? He hasnt seen below 8% since a couple months after it was passed.


    Oh wait. He got bin Laden. Yes, but the info that was used to locate him would have never been uncovered if he was in office when Khalid Sheikh Muhammad was captured. Remember when he banned the use of enhanced interrogation? KSM didnt give up everything he knew because he was asked nicely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    Lesser of the 2 evils, is Obama, because of the lack of concern for the 'little man' or the 'struggling people' in the states.
    There are plenty of programs in place for the "little man". They dont need any more concern, they need a kick in the ass.



    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    your defenses have been ignorant. i'm being straight up and looking at the broad aspect of the entire situation.
    Until you show you understand the situation, its kind of hard to put any value on your opinion.

  35. #35
    Senior Member | IA Veteran Sinfix_15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Columbus GA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    11,435
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Romney was 10000% correct that no matter what he says, that faction of people will NOT vote for him. They view him as a wealthy businessman who doesnt want to do anything but make more money.

    The problem to me is this, if you are unemployed right now, how does the president help you?

    Obama claims that Taxing the Rich will solve the problem. Pay their fair share, and economic prosperity will happen. He will INVEST (CODE WORD FOR SPEND) in Clean Energy (CODE WORD FOR DUMP MONEY TO WEALTHY DONORS WHO INVEST IN STARTUP COMPANIES AND BLEED THEM DRY STICKING TAX PAYERS WITH THE BILL), and Teachers, Fire Fighters, Police. Well i dont know about you, but i dont want to be a teacher, fire fighter, or policeman. I want a job.

    Tell me how taxing the RICH , which EVEN IF HE GOT HIS WAY letting bush era tax cuts expire, he would net around 60-100 billion dollars. How does that directly translate to helping YOU, the person out of work? Is Obama going to just give you a check? Create more govt jobs? Why not just abolish income taxes altogether if hes going to redistribute the upper income taxes anyway? wouldnt that be more direct? Instead of taxing the rich 4% more, why not just let the lower bracket not pay income taxes? (remember that 50% number from the previous post). Its because he knows his voting block doesnt pay taxes anyway so it does them no good. By demonizing the "RICH" he gains points with the poor who are envious, and he can keep trying to buy their votes through social programs (UE, Welfare, Healthcare, SS, MC, etc).

    Romney, knows that sitting there talking about complex economic issues wont reach the average voter. They dont get it, and they dont want to. How does he want to help you? He wants to lower the expenses of the top 10% income bracket so you get hired. SO they invest in their companies, so they buy another ferrari, or yacht, or jet, or office building. Raise your wages.

    Heres a really easy thing to understand, Obama and the US GOVT only collect taxes from people earning WAGES. The way to grow revenue is not to take bigger portions, its to get more people working , so more people are in the tax paying groups. you end up killing 2 birds with 1 stone (people back to work, and more revenue coming in)



    You can choose to believe whatever you want, but if i tax you more, are you going to spend more money? probably not. Just take it at face value, the same happens for a guy making 100 million a year. If you take 10% more from him in taxes, can he survive, SURE, but how does that HELP YOU? That money is not going DIRECTLY into your pocket, Obama knows that. Its going in HIS (and other politicians).

    The evil rich arent evil , they are the only ones who can put you into a job and pay you.

    "The greatest form of inequality is when you try to make unequal things equal"

  36. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,627
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Thats not what he said. he generalized, they do it all the time, what he said is FACTUALLY TRUE.
    Please show polls that show half the population considering themselves victims. Unless you can do that, it is his opinion and not a fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Ok so lets actually look and dissect his statement, hes talking about 2 different things, POLL NUMBERS and PERCENTAGES OF TAX PAYERS. Dont MIX the 2.
    Mathematics forces us to mix them. Romney states these three things:
    1) There are 47% of the people who will vote for the president no matter what
    2) the President starts off with 49, 49…he starts off with a huge number. These are people who pay no income tax.
    3) 47% of Americans pay no income tax.

    The only possible conclusion is that nearly all of Obama's support comes from people who pay no income tax. This is simply not true. If you have evidence to show otherwise, please present it because this is quite an outrageous claim.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    So, despite 8+% in UE, Gas prices 100% more than they were 4 years ago, 23 million people out of work and climbing, 49-50% of the country still supports Obama. WHY? Record number of people on foodstamps, in poverty. Hes done nothing to help them, nothing to improve their situation. All he has done is extend UE benefits over and over again.

    So it doesnt really make any sense , one would conclude "they are supporting him because they will always support him not matter the data".
    Whether you agree or not there are other possible explanations:
    1) People believe Romney will do worse
    2) People believe Obama softened the economic crash
    3) People believe his tax cuts and extending UE benefits helped them

    Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Going even further, you have to also deduce that the majority of these people like his programs which amount to spending money on social programs like Unemployment Benefits and removing the work requirement for Welfare, etc.
    Actually most republicans support social programs too. Is Romney calling to end SS, Medicare, UE Benefits etc? If not, that means he supports them too. I'm really surprised you are bring up the welfare work requirement. He gave that power to the states. I thought you were a states rights guy and would support that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    50%+ DO NOT PAY FEDERAL INCOME TAXES in the USA. is it fair to say ALL those people are Obama supporters? No. But, i would bet the majority are and theres a reason for it.
    You might think so but you need data to back that up. The Tax Foundation has tallied the states that had the highest percentages of non-income-tax-paying residents. The 10 states with the highest rates of non-tax-payers are mostly ones that Romney has in the bag — Texas, Idaho, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina. And several states with the lowest rates are solidly in Obama's camp, including Minnesota, Maryland and Massachusetts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Anyone with a brain or 5th grade reading comprehension skills knows what he was saying.
    Yes, basically that half of Americans suck. Brilliant campaign slogan I must say.

  37. #37
    Gods Chariot Vteckidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Atlanta Centennial Park
    Age
    38
    Posts
    33,102
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    Please show polls that show half the population considering themselves victims. Unless you can do that, it is his opinion and not a fact.



    Mathematics forces us to mix them. Romney states these three things:
    1) There are 47% of the people who will vote for the president no matter what
    2) the President starts off with 49, 49…he starts off with a huge number. These are people who pay no income tax.
    3) 47% of Americans pay no income tax.

    The only possible conclusion is that nearly all of Obama's support comes from people who pay no income tax. This is simply not true. If you have evidence to show otherwise, please present it because this is quite an outrageous claim.



    Whether you agree or not there are other possible explanations:
    1) People believe Romney will do worse
    2) People believe Obama softened the economic crash
    3) People believe his tax cuts and extending UE benefits helped them



    Actually most republicans support social programs too. Is Romney calling to end SS, Medicare, UE Benefits etc? If not, that means he supports them too. I'm really surprised you are bring up the welfare work requirement. He gave that power to the states. I thought you were a states rights guy and would support that.



    You might think so but you need data to back that up. The Tax Foundation has tallied the states that had the highest percentages of non-income-tax-paying residents. The 10 states with the highest rates of non-tax-payers are mostly ones that Romney has in the bag — Texas, Idaho, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina. And several states with the lowest rates are solidly in Obama's camp, including Minnesota, Maryland and Massachusetts.



    Yes, basically that half of Americans suck. Brilliant campaign slogan I must say.
    normally i would argue back, but its really a waste of time, especially when you use the Tax Foundation liberal chart that is making internet rounds on the forums. "OOO Romney insulted his own voters" bullshit rhetoric that requires no thinking .

    Read the statement, i posted it, its pathetically clear what he was saying. Here let me use it in a similar fashion

    "Obama has people that are going to vote for him no matter what, these are african americans, women who want free birthcontrol, entitlements, living wages".

    Do you think i just said
    1) That all Obama voters are blacks, women who want free birth control, and living wages
    2) or was as generalizing that a substantial portion of his voting block are those demographics

    IM guessing youll say #1, which proves my point, im wasting my time arguing with you
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

  38. #38
    Senior Member C230K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Idk you tell me
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Power
    0


    AFA HOLLYWOOD PREMIER LEAGUE EST. 1998


  39. #39
    Moderator BanginJimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hiram, GA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    7,499
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    Yes, basically that half of Americans suck. Brilliant campaign slogan I must say.
    We would be in much better shape as a nation and as a culture if more people were held accountable for this uselessness.

    I am willing to bet that 99% of the able bodied on the govt tit would not need welfare if there was no welfare.

  40. #40
    Moderator BanginJimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hiram, GA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    7,499
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C230K View Post

    Still waiting on my ban powers. You are first on the list though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
Announcement
Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!