Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Romney comments criticized but true.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Slow Motion's Avatar

Hmmm... I still believe my statement to be true.

Shits real out here. You betta keep a strap and learn somethin'

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Median Family income increased every year, until IIRC last year of bush and 1st year of Obama.
    You think this might have a little to do with inflation/volatile housing market?

We are in agreement that TARP did little to nothing to the economy if not just make it worse
    I would say it was the worst idea that probably had to happen. It might have made things worse, but not as bad as it could have been if it didn't happen.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    Without reading the article, I can believe it. I mean, just look at all these people that don't pay FEDERAL income tax....

Bunch of freeloaders if you ask me

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    You think this might have a little to do with inflation/volatile housing market?
    Inflation sure, housing market i dont know if that really effects median income unless you mean like the plethora of people who became real estate agents (and made tons of money).

Id like to see figures on true corporate middle income jobs and their salaries compared to 20-30 years ago. The data that DIck Morris published in a book (which was pulled from bipartisan sources) showed that the people in poverty in the 80s over a 20 year gap gained significant wealth. And the the entry level worker now, makes more than they did then. People in poverty NOW own far more than what they did in the 70-80s. Some of that is minimum wage being higher, some of that is better education, better jobs, etc.

How else do you measure standards to say trickle down doesnt work? Typically in any society the people with the most money as a percentage get wealthier, that doesnt mean a system doesnt work. It just means their gains are higher.

I would say it was the worst idea that probably had to happen. It might have made things worse, but not as bad as it could have been if it didn't happen.
    I think it gave us an artificial bump for 1-2 years that we are dealing with now
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Without reading the article, I can believe it. I mean, just look at all these people that don't pay FEDERAL income tax....

You forgot these people

Notice how many are on cell phones? This is a line for home heating assistance in Michigan in '09. They can find the money for a cell phone, but not their own heat.
    http://www.wsws.org/articles/2009/oc...heat-o06.shtml

You are also wrong in most cases. Kids would pay federal income taxes if they had an income. Military does pay federal income taxes when their income reaches 90k (just senior officers are affected). Seniors do pay federal income taxes if they are still earning an income.

These are also not the people that Romney was talking about, but I wouldnt expect you to admit that. That would be way too non partisan of you and Obama would never agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    Notice how many are on cell phones? This is a line for home heating assistance in Michigan in '09. They can find the money for a cell phone, but not their own heat.
    http://www.wsws.org/articles/2009/oc...heat-o06.shtml
    Is it within the realm of possibility the man has a cell phone looking for work? Or possibly for a job he already has?

You are also wrong in most cases.
    Not in these cases

Military does pay federal income taxes when their income reaches 90k (just senior officers are affected).
    Active combat duty pay.

These are also not the people that Romney was talking about, but I wouldnt expect you to admit that. That would be way too non partisan of you and Obama would never agree with that.
    These are precisely the people he's talking about. There's no question about that. Unless you think he's talking about illegal aliens, in which case he's wrong again. Illegal aliens aren't Americans. He's talking condescendingly about people who make less than the minimum taxable income. What he doesn't realize in his little tirade is that some of his golf buddies happen to fall in that non-tax-paying 47%

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

That's exactly what the article talks about - and you would like it.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    You forgot these people...

You are right that those people are probably part of the 47% who don't pay income taxes but what percentage of the 47% do you think they are? What percentage are seniors, students, wealthy people who don't work, etc? How do you know the people in that line consider themselves victims?

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

My mom fits that category. She got laid off after getting cancer and isn't allowed to work.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123