Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jesus thread...

Default Jesus thread...

Nelson: you can not expect the world to believe everything we do. Someone will always try to rationalize the supernatural and miraculous. I believe you brother. There are very specific prophecies made by the prophet Daniel. But prophecy coming true is for the believers to know if that word was from God or not; it is not for those without faith to come to Christ. Only the Spirit may draw a man to salvation. We as believers are to preach the cross and plant a seed of hope and faith. God alone gives the increase.
    riding for God crew member #1

IA Domestic Alliance

Blank: you should look in a mirror some time sir.

IA Domestic Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    Blank: you should look in a mirror some time sir.

I find your signature very offending and racial, why do you have a white man, who seems to be in his late thirties, nailed to a 2x4?

Because that man whom you never met died for you and offered you eternal life. This man whom you ridicule, loves you unconditionally. Your sins put that man through the worst kind of pain one can experience and He did it because He thought your life was worth it. When you deserved death, He gave you life. I have that picture up so that the next time you make fun of Jesus or a Christians faith, you can be reminded that He did it for you.

IA Domestic Alliance

Jesus wasn't White.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Matt300ZXT View Post
    I can't believe you guys are still arguing about this. If there were any self respecting mods on this forum, they would have closed this long ago.
    you dont have to visit this section of the forum.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    Jesus wasn't White.
    Oh yes he was.

Quote Originally Posted by simontibbett View Post
    Oh yes he was.
    Lot of white guys from this part of the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Lot of white guys from this part of the world?
    Yes, me.

Yes, me.
    So Jesus was a white guy born in north africa over 2000 years ago? cool, learn something new every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    So Jesus was a white guy born in north africa over 2000 years ago? cool, learn something new every day.
    He isn't from Earth. He was born in heaven. Jeez you don't know anything.

He was flown to Earth.

He was flown to Earth.
    in a C130 or a Boeing 777? I'd imagine someone as important as him would travel pretty plush, so I'm gonna go with the 777

Maybe it was a G4

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    in a C130 or a Boeing 777? I'd imagine someone as important as him would travel pretty plush, so I'm gonna go with the 777

Maybe it was a G4
    G650. He gave his g4 to Muhammad.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Bit off topic guys, don't you think? How about some trivia....can anyone here tell me what Jesus' message was? It consists of two rules and one proclamation that sum up pretty much everything...

I would really like to see if you know the simplest thing about what you choose not to believe and mock.

IA Domestic Alliance

Bit off topic guys, don't you think? How about some trivia....can anyone here tell me what Jesus' message was? It consists of two rules and one proclamation that sum up pretty much everything...

I would really like to see if you know the simplest thing about what you choose not to believe and mock.
    I believe and don't mock.

Who are you anyway IA's official word of Jesus?

I'm IA's resident evangelist. My comments weren't directed to you. But since you responded, can you answer the question?

IA Domestic Alliance

I'm IA's resident evangelist. My comments weren't directed to you. But since you responded, can you answer the question?
    What's the answer? lol

I'm asking you sir.

IA Domestic Alliance

I'm asking you sir.
    I don't know.

I will pm you. I wanna see if any of the atheists here know just what they are refusing to believe.

IA Domestic Alliance

to serve god and treat others how you want to be treated. To "save the world" by teaching people about God?

If someone stands in the middle of time square today and yells " i am the son of god, drink milk it's good for you ", i can believe one part of this without believing the other. The bible is filled with good ideas..... and bad ideas..... the usefulness of it doesnt validate it's credibility.

I will pm you. I wanna see if any of the atheists here know just what they are refusing to believe.
    What does it matter what his message was anyway? Atheists don't believe in religious deities. It's that simple.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Sinfix: science can not test the claims Jesus made nor the miracles He performed. The only thing we can trust as far as credibility goes, is history. There was indeed a man named Jesus, from the region of galilae(sp?), son of a carpenter, who preached forgiveness and repentance, and was crucified. There are historical documents(evidence) that corroborate Pontias Pilate and the region of Israel as depicted in the Bible. Whether you believe that He was God in flesh or that He actually performed miracles; one thing is clear... This man did something incredible. Something so great that it sparked great debate in this roman controlled area, overthrew the "religious" ruling order of the time, caused great spread of His message and completely changed the known world at the time. So great was He and His message that it spread like wild fire and took over the surrounding area. This man caused a stirring of people's that has never again been seen nor ever was. The words of a mad man would not have had the same following or influence...the words of a liar would have quickly faded upon skeptics who were proven right if only one single thing He said was shown as false. Here it is 2000 years later and Jesus' words still echo as loudly as when He first said them. A billion people still believe in all He said and did. For one to conclude that Jesus was an insignificant character in history would be foolish. By the way, you were almost right. The proclamation He made was that the Kindom of God was with man.

Blank: my point is this, you choose to refute and distrust something you don't know a lot about. Science can not test or experiment on God. It can not replicate Him in lab studies. How would one even begin to do so? All the evidence of God ever needed was found in the man Jesus the Christ. His message, His deeds, his morals, His life, death, and resurrection. We will never get as close to God as when Jesus walked the region of Israel. Think about this for a second, Christians these days are full of faults, but can you name one fault in Jesus? He forgave even those who murdered Him. I have a sneaky suspicion that you might have actually like Jesus as a man...He had many liberal views.

IA Domestic Alliance

Sinfix: there would be a simple way to test that man in time squares claim. You kill him, if he comes back to life three days later like he said he would, that man just might be divine.

IA Domestic Alliance

Sinfix: science can not test the claims Jesus made nor the miracles He performed. The only thing we can trust as far as credibility goes, is history. There was indeed a man named Jesus, from the region of galilae(sp?), son of a carpenter, who preached forgiveness and repentance, and was crucified. There are historical documents(evidence) that corroborate Pontias Pilate and the region of Israel as depicted in the Bible. Whether you believe that He was God in flesh or that He actually performed miracles; one thing is clear... This man did something incredible. Something so great that it sparked great debate in this roman controlled area, overthrew the "religious" ruling order of the time, caused great spread of His message and completely changed the known world at the time. So great was He and His message that it spread like wild fire and took over the surrounding area. This man caused a stirring of people's that has never again been seen nor ever was. The words of a mad man would not have had the same following or influence...the words of a liar would have quickly faded upon skeptics who were proven right if only one single thing He said was shown as false. Here it is 2000 years later and Jesus' words still echo as loudly as when He first said them. A billion people still believe in all He said and did. For one to conclude that Jesus was an insignificant character in history would be foolish. By the way, you were almost right. The proclamation He made was that the Kindom of God was with man.

Blank: my point is this, you choose to refute and distrust something you don't know a lot about. Science can not test or experiment on God. It can not replicate Him in lab studies. How would one even begin to do so? All the evidence of God ever needed was found in the man Jesus the Christ. His message, His deeds, his morals, His life, death, and resurrection. We will never get as close to God as when Jesus walked the region of Israel. Think about this for a second, Christians these days are full of faults, but can you name one fault in Jesus? He forgave even those who murdered Him. I have a sneaky suspicion that you might have actually like Jesus as a man...He had many liberal views.
    Have a response to this, but wont have time until i get off work.

Some non Biblical references to corroborate the Jesus story:

Flavious Josephus
    Tacitus
    Thallus
    Pliny the younger
    The Talmud
    Lucian
    Celsus
    Terrullian
    Yeshu and Joshua b. Parachiah
    Simeon b. azzai
    Baraitha
    The toldoth yeshu

And then biblical accounts:
    Matthew
    Mark
    John
    Luke
    James
    Paul (formerly Saul of tarsus)
    Peter

Non canon biblical references:
    Mary magdalen
    Judas
    Ect....

Many references to historic/biblical Jesus. You can argue the authenticity of some of the writings, but that can be argued for many historic writings of anywhere or anyone whom there are no living eye witnesses. There are only two possible conclusions, either it's true or a lie. But one would think that if it was a lie, then only positive writings of Jesus, the church, and early Christianity would have been written. What of the negative ones? Just some food for thought...
    Last edited by geoff; 08-14-2012 at 01:46 PM.

IA Domestic Alliance

It changed the world because all the peasants believed the fairy tale, because that's all they had going for them. I can come up with w.e. BS story, if i tell that story well, make it sound believable, I too could have followers/believers, and who knows, two thousands years down the road my followers might grow into billions. There are over 20 major religions in the world, over thousands overall, what does that tell you? I'll let you figure it out. And what happened to Greek gods, they weren't good enough your god? lolol @ religions.

Religions are good way of life in some aspects, but if you read your fucking book you believe in, and read everything in it, you, yourself wouldn't agree to half the crap in there. Stop trying to force your BELIEFS on other people, ITS ONLY A BELIEF, so quit your bickering.

^this guy.....I would bet my life that you could start your own religion and not gain even 1000 followers. I have read my Bible, many times. Ones eyes have to be open to the spiritual to truly understand. You seem to think Jesus was an insignificant character on history, yet here we are 2000 years later and He has a billion followers. That sir makes you seem very foolish.

IA Domestic Alliance

Oh and I'm not forcing my beliefs on anyone. I'm simply stating my views and side of the argument. You're the one that strolled in here and got offended. By the way, do you even know what force means? Real class you got there buddy...

IA Domestic Alliance

^this guy.....I would bet my life that you could start your own religion and not gain even 1000 followers.
    L. Ron Hubbard did it. Joseph Smith Jr. did it too.

You seem to think Jesus was an insignificant character on history, yet here we are 2000 years later and He has a billion followers. That sir makes you seem very foolish.
    Still the minority of the world population and that number still dwindles every day.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

You as an atheist are the minority my friend. I would love to see statistics on just how many followers Scientology has...

IA Domestic Alliance

Also, Joseph smith didn't create anything new, he started a separate denomination.

IA Domestic Alliance

You as an atheist are the minority my friend.
    If you include children and not-yet-indoctrinated persons, we're not as small of a group as you think. Regardless, out of more than 7 billion people, only 2 billion identify as Christian.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

That's a pretty significant number my friend. Jesus' teaching are followed by 2 billion people 2000 years later. You also avoided everything else I posted I see.

IA Domestic Alliance

That's a pretty significant number my friend. Jesus' teaching are followed by 2 billion people 2000 years later. You also avoided everything else I posted I see.
    I didn't avoid it. Joseph Smith created the Latter-Day Saints movement, and they both have more than 1000 followers.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

HJow about all this Jesus talk be split into another thread and not cluttering up this one? Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Someone start it up....

IA Domestic Alliance

Perfect time and setting. I've mentioned something like this before. Jesus landed in the perfect era for a story like this to catch fire. Recorded history was well enough for it to be recorded, but not traveled enough for it to be debunked. You also have the factor of an oppressive government. The only thing you need to be a leader, is followers. Jesus "stood up" to an oppressive government who was crucifying people in the streets. Of course he had followers. Jesus wasnt the only person crucified. 1000s were crucified. Jesus wasnt even the only person named Jesus to be crucified. Nor was he the only person to be crucified for claiming to be a god of some sort.

In the modern day, news of something like this would travel over twitter, facebook, news ect... people would fact check it and validate it or discredit it ect. With Jesus, the story had plenty of time to gain lore while traveling mouth to mouth. My guess is that with each person that spread the word, the lore grew. Yes, it is impressive that people are still following Jesus after all this time...... well, maybe impressive isnt the correct word.... but it's something. People are also still talking about Mayans, greek gods, mormonism, satanism, ect ect........

You got a source for that? Also, where did Jesus ever "stand up" against the oppressive government? He commanded them to submit to their leaders and pay the due taxes. What He did do is "stand up" to the political religious leaders. This "Christian" movement is by far the most significant in history. Is it just coincidence that He appeared during the "perfect" setting in history. The Romans probably began to lose faith in their gods because the relationship was one sided. Paul came to preach the "un named" god whom they worshipped. A God with whom they could know on a personal level. There is also a difference between talking about something I.e. Mayans, Greek gods, ect...and having a following of 2.18 billion devout believers. Christianity is not fading away and neither is Jesus. In fact in 1910 there were some 600 million believers, in 2010 there were 2.18 billion. Today it is roughly 2.3 billion and the largest religion in the world. No other event in history can claim that after 2000 years, the event still has such a strong filling. According to the numbers, Jesus the Christ was the most influential man in our history. Can you really try to rationalize that so many would follow a mad man or liar?

IA Domestic Alliance

You got a source for that? Also, where did Jesus ever "stand up" against the oppressive government? He commanded them to submit to their leaders and pay the due taxes. What He did do is "stand up" to the political religious leaders. This "Christian" movement is by far the most significant in history. Is it just coincidence that He appeared during the "perfect" setting in history. The Romans probably began to lose faith in their gods because the relationship was one sided. Paul came to preach the "un named" god whom they worshipped. A God with whom they could know on a personal level. There is also a difference between talking about something I.e. Mayans, Greek gods, ect...and having a following of 2.18 billion devout believers. Christianity is not fading away and neither is Jesus. In fact in 1910 there were some 600 million believers, in 2010 there were 2.18 billion. Today it is roughly 2.3 billion and the largest religion in the world. No other event in history can claim that after 2000 years, the event still has such a strong filling. According to the numbers, Jesus the Christ was the most influential man in our history. Can you really try to rationalize that so many would follow a mad man or liar?

Jesus was real, Jesus might, or have thought ways of life, so did my teachers in school. That's all he was, a preacher/teacher. And I agree with a lot that's written in the Bible,Quran, ect... But I also don't believe in a mass of it. For one, marrying my dead brothers wife is not, and will never be my way of life. What pisses me off is "Christians" who believe he was some god, or he could talk with god, ect.... Even to this day we have people who act in that way, but we have a place for those people now days, it's called a mental institution.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast