Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BSA and Chick fil A anti-gay

Default BSA and Chick fil A anti-gay

Well over the past week we have seen both the Boy Scouts and Chick Fil A have made public statements that they are anti-gay. Curious to see what opinions there are on this. Discuss...
    riding for God crew member #1

IA Domestic Alliance

i love chck-fil-a
    Sig Too Large - IA MGNT & Durty O

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Lots of boy scouts are gay. Old GF's little brother was gay and made eagle scout. Could care less what chick-fil-a thinks of gay people. If gay people want to boycott chick-fil-a, that just means more chicken for me!

People need to grow thicker skin and stop expecting everyone to support everything they do. Quit being fags, this is the united states of america, not france.

^for once we agree on something.
    riding for God crew member #1

IA Domestic Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Lots of boy scouts are gay. Old GF's little brother was gay and made eagle scout. Could care less what chick-fil-a thinks of gay people. If gay people want to boycott chick-fil-a, that just means more chicken for me!

People need to grow thicker skin and stop expecting everyone to support everything they do. Quit being fags, this is the united states of america, not france.
    a-fukin-greed this boycott because they dont support something is fukin retarded. numero uno it's wrong in the bible numero dos it's chick fil a's decision to support or not support, so why the fuk you want to care? you want to be gay and you want people to RESPECT your decision, but they want to FORCE chick fil a to RESPECT their decision? hypocrite much?!?!

You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

I'm not one for boycotting chick-Fil-a. A boycott only hurts individual franchisees and their employees. Cathy, however, has made it pretty clear he's a jackass though

Sammich, you know gay marriage is not in the bible, right?

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

I got me some chick fil-a last weekend. I'm all for gay marriage, but if I boycotted every mother fucker and company in the world for beliefs I didn't agree with, I'd be living alone in an alleyway and eating out of a garbage can.

homosexuality is frowned upon in the bible, that's what i was getting at. my main thing is the homosexual 'community', for the forefront part, are hypocrites. they boycott everyone who decides not to back them, no pun intended, but it's their decision, just like it's their decision to be homosexual. i mean shit do you as a homosexual, but do not disrespect someone elses decision not to support what you want to do.

You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

Actually, the news media is not quoting Dan Cathy correctly. He never stated that he was anti-gay. The news media has been fabricating his statements, and outright lying. Read the original interview.

Original interview: http://www.brnow.org/News/July-2012/...of-Chick-fil-A

Dan Cathy has every right to his own opinions. You do not have to agree with them, and you are free to have your own opinions and others are free to disagree. You are protected to speak your opinion by the First Amendment.

The real concern should be the Chicago alderman and the mayor of Boston. They are calling for a ban of a corporation and the denial of building permits to Chick-Fil-A in the areas that they represent. This suggests that you must agree with the government, or you will be denied the ability to expand a corporation. This is completely against the spirit of the law, and the First Amendment. Themere suggestion of it shows that these two do not represent their people, as they would deny the creation of jobs in this economy also.
    Last edited by David88vert; 07-27-2012 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Added link to original interview
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

chick fil a is supposedly a christian based business anyway, and they are closed on sundays...so why the fuk are they trippin ANYWAY?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    chick fil a is supposedly a christian based business anyway, and they are closed on sundays...so why the fuk are they trippin ANYWAY?!?
    Controversy sells, plain and simple. If you can't find some, make some up.

These reporters have to come up with stories that the editor will want, in order to keep their jobs. The editor wants stories that get people to buy their paper/website subscription/etc. and they have to fall in line with what the paying advertisers want to see. It's all about money. If you are a company like a news agency, you cater to those that pay you, just like any other company. So, who pays CNN/ABC/NBC/etc? Those who want the media to report what they want you to hear.

that shit is retarded yo...SMH so glad i have nothing to do w/ the entertainment/famous/etc. i'd snap

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    Actually, the news media is not quoting Dan Cathy correctly. He never stated that he was anti-gay. The news media has been fabricating his statements, and outright lying. Read the original interview.

Original interview: http://www.brnow.org/News/July-2012/...of-Chick-fil-A

The real concern should be the Chicago alderman and the mayor of Boston. They are calling for a ban of a corporation and the denial of building permits to Chick-Fil-A in the areas that they represent. This suggests that you must agree with the government, or you will be denied the ability to expand a corporation. This is completely against the spirit of the law, and the First Amendment. Themere suggestion of it shows that these two do not represent their people, as they would deny the creation of jobs in this economy also.
    How are you gonna claim Cathy's interview was taken out of context, and then immediately in the next paragraph, take the mayors letter out of context. Lol.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

The Chicago alderman was the one that called for the denial of permits.
    Chicago alderman blocks Chick-fil-A expansion

The Boston Mayor vowed to block it.
    Boston Mayor Vows To Block Chick-Fil-A From Opening Restaurant After Anti-Gay Remarks
    His letter just released shows that he has no clue what was actually said, and is only posturing.
    Boston Mayor's Letter To Chick-Fil-A President: Anti-Gay Stance Is 'Insult' To City

Show me where Cathy made any derogatory statements against gays in that interview.

I gave you the original source - not taking anything out of context. Read the letter yourself - it's in that link. That letter is clearly shows that the Boston mayor never read the actual interview, or he would know better than to release that statement.

"I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, 'We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,' and I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to try to redefine what marriage is about,"

Considering the source, that's pretty derogatory. And I think it's pretty bold that Cathy has the audacity to try and redefine what marriage is about.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Chick Fil A didn't come out as anti-gay. I sick and tired of people spreading bullshit around.

Their CEO said, as an individual, "We are very much supportive of the family – the biblical definition of the family." Chickfila said, as a company, "The Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect – regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender. We will continue this tradition in the over 1,600 Restaurants run by independent Owner/Operators. Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena."

How fucking hard is that to understand? If you want to be a beacon of hope so bad, then fuck off to McDonalds.

Also, for all of you idiots clamoring on about supporting CFA and trying to make this a huge political statement, you fuck off too. Chickfila just wants to sell sandwiches. They don't need your right-wing bullshit to go along with it.

Privateer Racing!!

I agree 100% with chikfila and wouldn't boycott them. Shit I'm going to eat there all next week to show them my support. And I have a feeling a city is about to get sued, are they not discriminating now? So the mayor is saying we should all go with what society dictates and throw the bibles values out the window?

Quote Originally Posted by B18c1Turboed View Post
    I agree 100% with chikfila and wouldn't boycott them. Shit I'm going to eat there all next week to show them my support. And I have a feeling a city is about to get sued, are they not discriminating now? So the mayor is saying we should all go with what society dictates and throw the bibles values out the window?
    The government has no business being anti- or pro-gay. We cannot, and should not, force anyone to live according to biblical principles. The government has a duty to make sure that private individuals and private companies have to right to do whatever they want.

This is coming from a 100% bible-believing Christian and former CFA corporate employee.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    Chick Fil A have made public statements that they are anti-gay. Curious to see what opinions there are on this. Discuss...
    FALSE, THEY DIDNT SAY THEY WERE ANTI-GAY. They said they agree with the TRADITIONAL DEFINITION OF MARRIAGE BECAUSE THEY ARE A CHRISTIAN ORGANIZATION. I see nothing wrong with that.

ANTI-GAY would mean refusing to serve gay people food.

They have a personal belief that they have a RIGHT to hold. Theres nothing ANTI-GAY about it.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

I dont agree with Cathys statements, I have no problem with Gay Marriage, but hes entitled to his opinion. As long as he doesnt instruct his employees to refuse food to openly gay people, i have no problem with his views (although i disagree with him).

I believe Gay Marriage should be legal, it has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BIBLE. Its a state/federal issue, and RELIGION SHOULD BE LEFT OUT OF IT
    -www.usedbarcode.net

family and marriage was instituted by God himself, if people believe in him, and it was between Adam and Eve, male and female. also to mention as well that it's frowned upon in the bible as them being among those not 'inheriting god's kingdom'. so the statement 'nothing to do w/ the bible' i fully disagree with.

my only beef is gay people trying to force people's hands. they are way too sensitive and are acting, well, gay

Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    family and marriage was instituted by God himself, if people believe in him, and it was between Adam and Eve, male and female. also to mention as well that it's frowned upon in the bible as them being among those not 'inheriting god's kingdom'. so the statement 'nothing to do w/ the bible' i fully disagree with.

my only beef is gay people trying to force people's hands. they are way too sensitive and are acting, well, gay

If you agree with the bible, you dont agree with the gay lifestyle
    If you dont agree with the bible, you agree with the gay lifestyle

Why does 1 have ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE OTHER?

Marriage shouldnt be defined by a religious belief because its a STATE ISSUED CONTRACT. Religion only plays into the ACTUAL CEREMONY that is performed to certify the union.

It has nothing to do with the bible. Both sides are wrong of pushing their own agenda on the issue without realizing that neithers actions effect the other.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Privateer Racing!!

He never said they wouldn't serve gay people so what's all the fuss about anyways? Doesn't the bible say men who lie with men wouldn't inherit gods kingdom? So be it they know the consuquences but don't try to force me to agree with your view when you know it's wrong.

If you believe in GOD and dont believe gay people should be allowed to marry, I RESPECT YOUR VIEW. I DO NOT AGREE WITH IT. But i respect your right to believe that.

I believe in GOD, and i believe in the right for gay people to marry as far as the STATE is concerned. 2 Gay people should be allowed to be "married" in the eyes of the state if the state adopts that practice. It does NOTHING to undermine the bible or religious teachings that you believe in.

If you think it does, then i expect you to be just as upset when Mormons get married, Muslims get married, Indians get married, Jews get married, etc. Basically you are saying "get married as my bible dictates or you are not doing it right"

that is not a view i share
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    "I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, 'We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,' and I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to try to redefine what marriage is about,"

Considering the source, that's pretty derogatory. And I think it's pretty bold that Cathy has the audacity to try and redefine what marriage is about.
    You need to look up derogatory in the dictionary. Supporting one's belief is not an attack on another's belief. He did not say that homosexuality was wrong. He stated that he believes that marriage should be defined as it has for thousands of years, and stated Biblically. He stated this as an opinion.
    Do you think that the First Amendment only applies when someone agrees with your viewpoint?

Also, he is following tradition, and the current legal statutes in his opinion. If you are for gay marriage, then you are part of the group that is attempting to redefine it - not him. Your statement that Cathy is trying to redefine marriage is blatently incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    I dont agree with Cathys statements, I have no problem with Gay Marriage, but hes entitled to his opinion. As long as he doesnt instruct his employees to refuse food to openly gay people, i have no problem with his views (although i disagree with him).

I believe Gay Marriage should be legal, it has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BIBLE. Its a state/federal issue, and RELIGION SHOULD BE LEFT OUT OF IT
    Marriage is state regulated, not federal. The federal government should continue to stay out of it.

He never said they wouldn't serve gay people so what's all the fuss about anyways? Doesn't the bible say men who lie with men wouldn't inherit gods kingdom? So be it they know the consuquences but don't try to force me to agree with your view when you know it's wrong.
    Not everyone believes in the "wrath" of god bible stuff. I know churches locally that allow gay people to attend, i dont have a problem with it. Im more tolerant than that.

Its his right, its his company, and i dont think theres anythign wrong with it and i will continue to eat there regardless. Gay people are allowed to eat there too. Theres nothing ANTI GAY about his statements except he doesnt believe (because of his religion) that they should be allowed to be married.

My answer is a ton of people have conflicting religious views, does this mean you wont eat at a Muslim place? or a Greek Place? Or an Italian place?
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Marriage is state regulated, not federal. The federal government should continue to stay out of it.
    I know, it should stay state regulated. i was stating that its a state/federal issue at most, religion has nothing to do with who should be able to marry who.

It is federal in the fact as regards to tax incentives. So feds play a small role in marriage defintions
    -www.usedbarcode.net

If you agree with the bible, you dont agree with the gay lifestyle
    If you dont agree with the bible, you agree with the gay lifestyle

Why does 1 have ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE OTHER?

Marriage shouldnt be defined by a religious belief because its a STATE ISSUED CONTRACT. Religion only plays into the ACTUAL CEREMONY that is performed to certify the union.

It has nothing to do with the bible. Both sides are wrong of pushing their own agenda on the issue without realizing that neithers actions effect the other.
    If you believe in GOD and dont believe gay people should be allowed to marry, I RESPECT YOUR VIEW. I DO NOT AGREE WITH IT. But i respect your right to believe that.

I believe in GOD, and i believe in the right for gay people to marry as far as the STATE is concerned. 2 Gay people should be allowed to be "married" in the eyes of the state if the state adopts that practice. It does NOTHING to undermine the bible or religious teachings that you believe in.

If you think it does, then i expect you to be just as upset when Mormons get married, Muslims get married, Indians get married, Jews get married, etc. Basically you are saying "get married as my bible dictates or you are not doing it right"

that is not a view i share
    exactly. gay people are gona do what they are gona do, just like the rest of the world. do i agree with it no, it's their choice and as grown people w/ a mind that i hope has developed to comprehension, they know what the bible says about it, as SOME are so called church goers and believers in the bible. i dont know what those who are atheist, agnostic, etc believe in as far as in the future aspect. i dont think, i know its wrong to sit there and ask someone to respect their view that they should be gay but force the hand of someone who has a different outlook on it. at the end of the day they are trying to tell the person w/ a different conscious 'your conscious is wrong (whatever other obscenties they may add on to it)'

Kidd you can believe what you want to, just like i'm not in support of gay marriage but i know this world is gona do what it wants, it's the same principle i have for anyone else, including you. if you dont want to believe in teh bible that's fine..by..you. it has nothing to do w/ me and wont harm me one bit. but to force my hand to try to 'join forces' with you and share the same beliefs is extreme

Senior Member | IA Veteran

I'm going to eat all 3 meals at chick-fil-a today!

Also, he is following tradition, and the current legal statutes in his opinion. If you are for gay marriage, then you are part of the group that is attempting to redefine it - not him. Your statement that Cathy is trying to redefine marriage is blatently incorrect.
    I think you need to read the bible and look up the many definitions of Christian marriage. Marriage has never been a strictly Christian institution. To say that America should follow this principle is an attempt to define marriage as a strictly Christian contract.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

I think you need to read the bible and look up the many definitions of Christian marriage. Marriage has never been a strictly Christian institution. To say that America should follow this principle is an attempt to define marriage as a strictly Christian contract.
    America was founded on Christian principles, and one of those was the Biblical viewpoint of marriage. It is in our laws - go read them, then come back and try to make that statement again.

Also - read the law - gaprobate.org :: About Marriage and Firearms Licenses

[QUOTE=Sammich;39433502
    but to force my hand to try to 'join forces' with you and share the same beliefs is extreme[/QUOTE]

??? where did i do that?

Believe what you want, i dont care, just dont force others to do the same.

the religious RIGHT is just as guilty as the gay rights people. The people boycotting Chick Fila are guilty of the same - "im tolerant as long as you believe what i believe" mantra the religious right uses.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

America was founded on Christian principles, and one of those was the Biblical viewpoint of marriage. It is in our laws - go read them, then come back and try to make that statement again.

UH OH

HEAD EXPLODES

While the country was founded on christian principles, and i believe the majority of the fore fathers were christian, the fact is that RELIGIOUS definitions of MARRIAGE should not matter when it comes to STATE views on MARRIAGE.

If you believe it should, then if this country becomes overwhelmingly MUSLIM, you will be forced to recognize that the muslim tradition is the only way. Is that what you want?

Religious ceremonies should be left to religious institutions. MARRIAGE LICENSES should be up to a general population vote to decide the outcome. Just because a Gay couple is granted a marriage license doesnt mean any religious dogma was changED
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Certified Gearhead

Whay the fuck.. seems like everyone gets butt hurt/ sue happy over stupid shit. If someone is anti gay who cares. Grow some thick skin and move on.
    It's not the speed that kill's its the sudden stop at the end.

The good ol' "America founded on Christian principles" argument. Never get tired of debunking that one.

Thank you for linking me to where Georgia has adopted this selectively quoted definition of biblical marriage. If I've read this once, I've probably read this 1000 times. Have you read about all the definitions of marriage there are in the bible? Ever wonder why this "one man/one woman" stance was chosen out of all of them?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Just looked at that again and it appears that one could marry their own cousin in GA.

Biblical marriage. Hmmm. Just how our forefathers envisioned.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

UH OH

HEAD EXPLODES

While the country was founded on christian principles, and i believe the majority of the fore fathers were christian, the fact is that RELIGIOUS definitions of MARRIAGE should not matter when it comes to STATE views on MARRIAGE.

If you believe it should, then if this country becomes overwhelmingly MUSLIM, you will be forced to recognize that the muslim tradition is the only way. Is that what you want?

Religious ceremonies should be left to religious institutions. MARRIAGE LICENSES should be up to a general population vote to decide the outcome. Just because a Gay couple is granted a marriage license doesnt mean any religious dogma was changED
    That's not what I was stating. Our definition of marriage was founded on Christian principles. I am not stating that they cannot change the legal definition of marriage. I am stating that it has been legally and traditionally following the Biblical definition, and anyone wanting to change this is the one re-defining it - not Cathy, as someone previously tried to state.

I agree that the states should be allowed to issue marriage licenses in the way that they see fit. A marriage license should not be tied to a specific religion, but initialy, that is what they based it on when they established marriage laws.

The good ol' "America founded on Christian principles" argument. Never get tired of debunking that one.

Thank you for linking me to where Georgia has adopted this selectively quoted definition of biblical marriage. If I've read this once, I've probably read this 1000 times. Have you read about all the definitions of marriage there are in the bible? Ever wonder why this "one man/one woman" stance was chosen out of all of them?
    You aren't debunking anything. It's a fact that Christians originally sailed and settled here. Our government and laws came from these people's descendants. That does not mean that the government cannot change over time.

As for one man and woman - maybe because more than one wife is just too much trouble to deal with on a daily basis?

Just looked at that again and it appears that one could marry their own cousin in GA.

Biblical marriage. Hmmm. Just how our forefathers envisioned.
    Actually, most states will let you marry your cousin. It was not uncommon in the US or Europe until the mid 1900's. You might be surprised if you traced your ancestry.
    The Bible has much worse. Remember Lot and his daughters?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast