Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: BSA and Chick fil A anti-gay

LOL

I posted the polls saying that overwhelmingly its 50+ that gay marriage should be legal. Those that oppose it are falling into the minority at a fast pace. The whole gay debate at its core is stupid.

Being gay doesnt effect anyone elses life anymore than being black. (thats about as far as the civil rights argument goes with me FYI blank :P) Being gay doesnt unravel anyones religious beliefs anymore than another religious beliefs does.

Gay people are gay, period. Whether its right or wrong is an individuals opinion, but it doesnt change anyones personal beliefs. If Chic Fil A supports THEIR RELIGIONS DEFINITION of MARRIAGE which is between a MAN AND A WOMAN, theres nothing wrong with that. Thats no big deal. its not ANTI GAY at all.

Its no different than if i eat at a Chinese place that believes in Buhdism. Am i going to boycott chin chin because they dont believe in the same God i do? NO.

Chic Fil A isnt denying Gay people the right to eat or refusing service to them. Its stating its opinion that they choose to believe that Marriage should be between a man and a woman. Thats it.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

^ So that settles it. I'm still gonna eat spicy CFA sandwiches, and Dan Cathy is still a jackass.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    ^ So that settles it. I'm still gonna eat spicy CFA sandwiches, and Dan Cathy is still a jackass.
    doesnt settle it, people have a RIGHT to boycott them for their beliefs and i 100% support that right.

-www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    doesnt settle it, people have a RIGHT to boycott them for their beliefs and i 100% support that right.

I'll tell ya why people should boycott chick Fil a...all the fucking MSGs

Thisiswhyimfat.com

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

I prefer Jimmy Johns personally if i end up eating fast food haha
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Blank: the documentary I sourced is full of scientific evidence and study. And better yet, it is unbiased. They did not set out to prove or disprove a "gay" gene. They wanted to know exactly what happens when someone feels attracted to another person. I see how you could dismiss it though, it doesn't support your kinds beliefs. That's fine though, dismiss it. It does not change facts. We as humans, being a more "evolved" species of animal; are programmed from before birth to find the most suitable mate to pass along our genes. This is practiced by every single animal species in the world, therefore it is the norm and suitable behavior. What is interesting in the study though, is that the subjects chose mates that fit their socially accepted level of attraction...I.e. a 4 with a 4, 10 with 10 ect...this proves that when choosing a mate, environmental influences take place, most dominantly, societies view of what's "beautiful" and what's not.

So it's not a choice, what about trans genders, or bisexuals? After all, bis like a little bit of both in their sexual life. Maybe there is a half gay gene as well?
    riding for God crew member #1

IA Domestic Alliance

Keep spreading the good word, Geoff. Lol

Since its a choice now, when did you choose to be heterosexual?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

the first time i entered that warm warm vagina. CHanged me for life.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

the first time i entered that warm warm vagina. CHanged me for life.
    so you were gay?

Quote Originally Posted by nelson9995 View Post
    so you were gay?
    Clearly you missed the joke.

Blank stated that if geoff thought being gay was a choice, he asked when did he choose to be straight.

I responded in a manner that suggests that if it was a choice, then how do you really know..........

Im not gay, i dont believe in most cases that being gay is a choice. I believe its more genetic, product of environment, raising, social influence, etc.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Clearly you missed the joke.

Blank stated that if geoff thought being gay was a choice, he asked when did he choose to be straight.

I responded in a manner that suggests that if it was a choice, then how do you really know..........

Im not gay, i dont believe in most cases that being gay is a choice. I believe its more genetic, product of environment, raising, social influence, etc.
    the part that confused me was the changed me forever part. lol.

IMO being gay is not a choice nor genetics. I believe it's everything else you mentioned.

Blank: as you are a self proclaimed "student of science" how do you pick in choose which science to dismiss and which too accept? This study was not about gay or straight, but to study how the body and brain react to attraction. The conclusion, we are wired to seek out that which has the highest probability of success for reproduction. This is the foundation for evolution. You reject faith and now science, you are lost sir. Science seeks truth no matter where it leads, you seek only that which fits your beliefs. Everything in life involves choice, from the moment your are cognitively aware to the last breath you take. Sexuality is just another one of them. I can not tell you when I "chose to be straight". But science suggest that as a part of the natural evolution of humanity and the continuance of our race, that I was born this way. My faith confirms it. Science nor faith show one is "born" gay. There are men, Brad Pitt for example, that I see as an attractive man. That I wish I could look like so that I myself would be more attractive to women. Does that mean I'm going sexually attracted to him, no. The evidence shows that "gay" is not genetic, but rather influenced by other factors, possibly many others. One thing is clear, it does not make biological "sense".

Answer me one question, bisexuals, is it choice that they sleep with men and women? Is it instinct? Is it a genetic malfunction? And are they "happier" or more "in love" with men or women? Is there really such thing as "love" or is it an emotion induced by chemicals so that our offspring have a better chance at survival with two parents instead of one? Is "love" a choice? What about falling out of love?

IA Domestic Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    Blank: as you are a self proclaimed "student of science" how do you pick in choose which science to dismiss and which too accept?
    I dont pick and choose what science to dismiss. I haven't dismissed any actual scientific facts. Ever. I will dismiss, however, your attempt to stretch science to fit your regressive worldview. The continuation of a species is not always the goal of evolutionary biology.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Furthermore, there are many scientific explanations for the evolutionary benefits of homosexuality.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Please enlighten me. How is the continuation of life not always the purpose of evolution? And what are the evolutionary benefits of homosexuality?

I am not twisting science to fit anything. Watch the documentary. It speaks for itself.

IA Domestic Alliance

Also, why did you dodge my questions?

IA Domestic Alliance

Senior Member | IA Veteran

I prefer Jimmy Johns personally if i end up eating fast food haha
    they piss me off with how little avacado they put on the sandwich though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    they piss me off with how little avacado they put on the sandwich though.
    Italian Nights sammich doe, no avocado
    -www.usedbarcode.net

If we put to vote that evolution was a myth, 76% of Georgia would vote yes. That doesnt mean that evolution is a myth, that means that 76% of Georgia voters are stupid.
    Once again, you make up your statistics just like your "facts" by randomly pulling them from your ass.
    I can do that too.
    99.999% of the time, you are completely retarded. 100% of the time you are unable to address a point directed to you.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    Sure someone can choose to be gay. They can just make the decision that they feel more comfortable with people of the same sex. That is not the truth for the vast majority of gays though. Most simply do not feel an attraction to the opposite sex.

You bring up social programming that that was exactly why I brought up blacks and the church. These are 2 of the most anti gay demographics in the US. If it was simple programming, you wouldnt find any gays in those demographics. Obviously that isnt the case.
    I disagree. You are assuming that the black community and the church are the only factors that are influencing people. They aren't even the majority of the influence that people in these groups face anymore.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

LOL

I posted the polls saying that overwhelmingly its 50+ that gay marriage should be legal. Those that oppose it are falling into the minority at a fast pace. The whole gay debate at its core is stupid.

Being gay doesnt effect anyone elses life anymore than being black. (thats about as far as the civil rights argument goes with me FYI blank :P) Being gay doesnt unravel anyones religious beliefs anymore than another religious beliefs does.

Gay people are gay, period. Whether its right or wrong is an individuals opinion, but it doesnt change anyones personal beliefs. If Chic Fil A supports THEIR RELIGIONS DEFINITION of MARRIAGE which is between a MAN AND A WOMAN, theres nothing wrong with that. Thats no big deal. its not ANTI GAY at all.

Its no different than if i eat at a Chinese place that believes in Buhdism. Am i going to boycott chin chin because they dont believe in the same God i do? NO.

Chic Fil A isnt denying Gay people the right to eat or refusing service to them. Its stating its opinion that they choose to believe that Marriage should be between a man and a woman. Thats it.

I agree. If the gays can get the majority of a state to vote in favor of changing the marriage definition, then by all means change it. But you can't just change it without a vote.

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    Once again, you make up your statistics just like your "facts" by randomly pulling them from your ass.
    I can do that too.
    99.999% of the time, you are completely retarded. 100% of the time you are unable to address a point directed to you.
    Further proof that you lack reading comprehension skills. Do you know what hyperbole is?

It's time for you to face facts. The country as a whole is progressive, and becoming more progressive day after day. It may not be today, it may not be tomorrow, but just like anti-miscegenation laws were squashed by the public, so too will the regressive anti-gay marriage laws, and all of the rest of the antiquated biblical laws

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

You're an idiot who does not understand how our system works, and you continue to not answer real questions and instead just make up BS. I understand that you want to claim jokes, hyperbole, etc, and take discussions off on tangents because you have no real facts that you can use to defend your view on the initial argument on any subject.

Laws will change, and perhaps the legal definition of marriage will eventually change, but you clearly have no clue as to how to affect that change, nor do you understand the legal process obviously.

Study history - every society changes, that is inevitable; however, eventally all civilizations reach a peak and then regress. History will later determine the US tipping point.

You are probably right blank. What's next on the agenda after that? Abolish religious institutions because the Bible says being gay is a sin? Or suing churches because they "discriminate" against gays and won't put them into positions of leadership? Let's do away with all laws because a group of people may not agree with them.

IA Domestic Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    You are probably right blank. What's next on the agenda after that? Abolish religious institutions because the Bible says being gay is a sin? Or suing churches because they "discriminate" against gays and won't put them into positions of leadership? Let's do away with all laws because a group of people may not agree with them.
    I'm sorry, but you are going to have to remove that post. Only blank_cd is allowed to be sarcastic.

You're an idiot who does not understand how our system works, and you continue to not answer real questions and instead just make up BS. I understand that you want to claim jokes, hyperbole, etc, and take discussions off on tangents because you have no real facts that you can use to defend your view on the initial argument on any subject.
    If by "facts", you mean bible passages, then no, you will never see "facts" from me. Like I said before, I'm tired of doing Christian apologetics research for them. I've sat through the biology classes and the science classes and I've done the research. You still think being gay is solely a choice when the overwhelming scientific consensus says thats not the case. That's your belief, but your belief is not always fact. If you wanna know what the evolutionary benefits of homosexuality, or the evolutionary function of love and attraction is, go read a biology book and stop spouting misinformation, hate, and being an overall imbecile.

Class dismissed.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

The not so funny thing David, is that people like blank view that as a "utopian" society. Man kind can not have complete freedom to do as we wish. We are civilized because of restriction and tradition. There is still innocence and purity in the world because someone, somewhere, didn't bend to the "progressive" society and their children were spared from the tainted desires of man. To me, a person who wishes to remain a virgin until marriage is beautiful, virtuous, and honorable. Today's society would call that person a fool and one who practices primitive beliefs. An upside down world we live in.

IA Domestic Alliance

Someone holler at me when we're ready to discuss reality and not why America should live by one god's handbook

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

So what is reality blank? What is this perfect Godless reality you so wish to live on? This is reality sir. This life is not all there is. There are too many phenomenon that occur every day that can't be "explained" by science. I don't expect you to understand, your eyes are shut to the spiritual.

IA Domestic Alliance

It's funny how the world denies Biblical truth and mocks religion; yet it doesn't surprise those with faith. It was foretold thousands of years ago. One thing remains a fact though. 2000 years ago a man named Jesus walked the earth and did something great. His life and his teachings made such an impact that even to this day it has an effect. How foolish of man to think he is alone in this vast universe, how foolish he is to think he is the perfection of creation, how foolish to think man is the author of his own destiny. One thing neither atheist or theist can escape is death. On the other side of this life is when we alone for sure can know what happens.

IA Domestic Alliance

If by "facts", you mean bible passages, then no, you will never see "facts" from me. Like I said before, I'm tired of doing Christian apologetics research for them. I've sat through the biology classes and the science classes and I've done the research. You still think being gay is solely a choice when the overwhelming scientific consensus says thats not the case. That's your belief, but your belief is not always fact. If you wanna know what the evolutionary benefits of homosexuality, or the evolutionary function of love and attraction is, go read a biology book and stop spouting misinformation, hate, and being an overall imbecile.

Class dismissed.

You have no clue as to the stupidity of what you type.
    Again, you have no proof of a gene that impacts sexuality. That is fact, not conjecture. If/When it is proven that there is gay gene, then state that you have proof. Until then, you have nothing but your guess/opinion.
    People do choose to be gay, that is fact, and is proven. So, what I have stated is factual, and you have claimed facts that do not currently exist.

Please enlighten us on how evolution is benefited by the non-reproductive capabilites for gay humans.

I would love to know what scientific research you've done, because you clearly have no clue about how scientific fact is researched and determined. What research papers have you published? I'll read them with an open mind if you post a link to their publication.

Someone holler at me when we're ready to discuss reality and not why America should live by one god's handbook
    I haven't used a single Biblical reference - you are the one that keeps bringing up the Bible.

Unfortunately, we can't discuss reality, as you have yet to learn what it is.

You have no clue as to the stupidity of what you type.
    Again, you have no proof of a gene that impacts sexuality. That is fact, not conjecture. If/When it is proven that there is gay gene, then state that you have proof. Until then, you have nothing but your guess/opinion.
    People do choose to be gay, that is fact, and is proven. So, what I have stated is factual, and you have claimed facts that do not currently exist.
    Still stuck on the gay gene? Even after I've said and scientists said they havent found one yet? Lol. Let's break this down to a five year old level

Let's say instead of gay, we'll call them purple. You keep saying a purple gene doesn't exist. Scientists havent found it either, what they HAVE found, as I have shown you previously, are parts of genes that are blue, and parts of genes that are red, they've found some hormones that are very dark purple, almost black, they've found some hormones that are very light purple, almost white. MULTIPLE GENETIC FACTORS DOES NOT MEAN ONE SPECIFIC GAY GENE.

Make sense yet?

SCIENTIFIC FACT: Science has found genetic and hormonal factors that increase the likelihood of someone being gay. Homosexuality is NOT ALWAYS a choice. End of discussion

Anyone else need something broken down to a 5 year old level? Lol.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Show we where the majority of the science community is in agreement with these findings or beliefs, as you said, the evidence is overwhelming. The fact remains that no one has been able to reproduce the results, something which is required to be scientific FACT. Show me also where it is scientific fact supported by a majority of the scientific community that sexual orientation is genetically dependent...and let me break this down to a 5 year old level for you. Let's say there are only 1000 genetic researchers in the world, 501 or more of them would have to be in agreement for it to be the majority. Don't show me some BS studies done by 10 biased men set out to show they have no choice in sexual orientation. The fact is this, there are MANY theories as to where sexual orientation comes from proposed by many independent individuals. Another fact, there is not a sufficient amount of research done on the subject. Therefore, don't take one possibly theory or school of thought and present it as the general consensus or fact. Another reality check, neither you, I, or David are genetic researchers. None of us have ever conducted a study on the subject. Therefore we are all just googling "gay gene" or "genetic sexual orientation" or what have you and taking the results on faith. You choose to believe those who support the gay agenda as we do not. So don't talk down to us like we are stupid, when in reality, you have no more insight into genetic research than a 9th grader using Wikipedia to research a subject. Make us out to be ignorant, when you yourself are in the same boat. The truth is, we are all taking someone's word for it, I for one rely on my faith to guide me. Science is ever changing. For example, there was an article published recently of 4 groups of stars that were orbiting so close together that previously it was thought they would merge. It was thought "impossible" with our current knowledge of natural laws and physics. Today's scientific fact, is tommorows mythology.

IA Domestic Alliance

::facepalm::

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Face palm all you want. Everything I said was true. You don't answer simple questions and keep making yourself our to be a genetic biologist while the rest of us are simpletons. You're a joke man. Arguing with you is like arguing with a gay man about the beauty of a woman's body.

IA Domestic Alliance

Still stuck on the gay gene? Even after I've said and scientists said they havent found one yet? Lol. Let's break this down to a five year old level

Let's say instead of gay, we'll call them purple. You keep saying a purple gene doesn't exist. Scientists havent found it either, what they HAVE found, as I have shown you previously, are parts of genes that are blue, and parts of genes that are red, they've found some hormones that are very dark purple, almost black, they've found some hormones that are very light purple, almost white. MULTIPLE GENETIC FACTORS DOES NOT MEAN ONE SPECIFIC GAY GENE.

Make sense yet?

SCIENTIFIC FACT: Science has found genetic and hormonal factors that increase the likelihood of someone being gay. Homosexuality is NOT ALWAYS a choice. End of discussion

Anyone else need something broken down to a 5 year old level? Lol.
    Wrong. Science has not proven that homosexuality is genetic derived in any manner repeatedly, and has not been accepted as true by the published scientific community, therefore, it cannot be a scientific fact. It is a theory, which is not a scientific fact. Look it up.

The American Psychological Association's assertion is "most scientists today agree that sexual orientation is most likely the result of a complex interaction of environmental, cognitive and biological factors." Note that they did not say genetics.

Dr. Joel Gelernter of Yale University ( Joel Gelernter, MD > Psychiatry | Yale School of Medicine ): "Time and time again, scientists have claimed that particular genes or chromosomal regions are associated with behavioral traits, only to withdraw their findings when they were not replicated. Unfortunately, it's hard to come up with many findings linking specific genes to complex human behaviors that have been replicated. ... All were announced with great fanfare; all were greeted unskeptically in the popular press; all are now in disrepute."

“On July 16, 1993, it was reported in Science (pp. 291, 321) that geneticist Dean Hamer and his team at the National Cancer Institute had reported on a study involving 40 pairs of brothers both of whom were gay that had led them to conclude that they had discovered a factor on the X chromosome through which gayness was genetically transmitted to them from their mothers. This was hailed as proof that homosexuality in men is biological in origin. Two years later, however, Eliot Marshall reported in Science (June 30, 1995, p.268) George Ebers and George Rice of the University of Western Ontario had unsuccessfully attempted to replicate Hamer's findings and had "found no evidence that gayness is passed from mother to son" genetically. He also reported that the Office of Research Integrity in the Department of Health and Human Services was investigating Hamer's work." - Martin A. Silverman, M.D.

And before you brush off my comments concerning homosexuality, genetics, and evolution, my comments were based on other's published work:
    Professor Miron Baron, M.D. ( Columbia Psychiatry ), medical researcher and Professor at Columbia University, wrote in 1993 in the British Medical Journal that there is a conflict relative to the theory of evolution and the notion of genetic determinism concerning homosexuality. "...from an evolutionary perspective, genetically determined homosexuality would have become extinct long ago because of reduced reproduction."

Now, go back to class and go learn something - 'cause you didn't get anything from it last time obviously.

David, didn't you know blank is a highly regarded geneticist and that all studies that don't show the same results as his are automatically hateful, full of bigotry, and false? His word alone is the final word on this subject. In fact, blank is the Greek god of homosexuality. He thought it would be funny to play a trick on man and tweak the x chromosome so that some would be gay. In the ancient world, blow jobs were exchanged by men in his name and to his honor. The butt plug is in fact a copy of an ancient relic used in homosexual worship to blank.

IA Domestic Alliance

Wrong. Science has not proven that homosexuality is genetic derived in any manner repeatedly, and has not been accepted as true by the published scientific community, therefore, it cannot be a scientific fact. It is a theory, which is not a scientific fact. Look it up.

The American Psychological Association's assertion is "most scientists today agree that sexual orientation is most likely the result of a complex interaction of environmental, cognitive and biological factors." Note that they did not say genetics.
    Before I address the rest of the shit you've attempted to spin to confer with your belief, let me ask you something: What do you think a "biological factor" is? Hmmm? Take your time, I know you're slow....

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Before I address the rest of the shit you've attempted to spin to confer with your belief, let me ask you something: What do you think a "biological factor" is? Hmmm? Take your time, I know you're slow....
    Read their report. I only listed a brief quote on here for you.
    Sexual orientation, homosexuality and bisexuality
    Here is a simple disertation on it - LifeSiteNews Mobile | Commentary: American Psychological Association Changes Tune on Genetic Nature of Homosexuality

I've been busy working on my new house. I don't have time right now to stand around all day and explain basics to someone who doesn't want to believe the truth. Believe what you want, it's your right to be wrong.

On the original topic, many people packed Chick-Fil-A today, but to be perfectly honest, many of them were still supporters for the gay community, and stated that they were supporting Chick-Fil-A's ability to state and stand for an opinion - not the content of the opinion itself. In other words, many supporters still many support the possibility of gay marriage, but were standing up against the notion that governments would openly attempt to block Chick-Fil-A from opening stores, due to the opinion of an individual.

It's time for you to face facts. The country as a whole is progressive, and becoming more progressive day after day. It may not be today, it may not be tomorrow, but just like anti-miscegenation laws were squashed by the public, so too will the regressive anti-gay marriage laws, and all of the rest of the antiquated biblical laws
    Actually, many of the Biblical laws are what Progressives/Libs/Dems are ultimately striving for. The great thing about Conservatism is that the values fall more inline with Christianity (from my POV) and so it makes the decision for me easy. That being said, not all Conservatives are "Christians" and rightly so, they don't have to be in order to be Conservative. (the opposite can also be said, Christianity falls into Conservatism)

IMO, Conservatism is the recipe for a successful life. Progressives attempt to redefine what success means because if you were successful, you didn't build that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234