Thread: Eat Guns not Food programs are passed

Default Eat Guns not Food programs are passed

Well it appears a glimpse of things to come has happen and will begin I hope a larger step in the American Citizens Revolt. The Government would rather fund our already BLACK HOLE of a Defense system for Money with more money. While taking away from the poor or less fortunate and cutting Food aid to starving or needy family's by $36+Billion. Then if that doesn't hurt them enough also cut Medicaid assistance by $48+Billion from Benifeits that help millions of people across our country. We all know its just a great time these days to have a slow economy and so many unemployed but hey what the fuck lets cut thier assistance anyways. Open your eyes people we will all be starving and begging for food and medical help to only find none cause its cut for Pentagon and Weapons funding.....So learn to eat lead or be Dead.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...6pLid%3D159662

Stop the GOP before we all become slaves...

Considering 16 republicans wouldn't even vote for it, it's a pretty safe bet it has no chance in the Senate. It's political showmanship. Nothing to see here, move along.

Quote Originally Posted by -EnVus- View Post
    Well it appears a glimpse of things to come has happen and will begin I hope a larger step in the American Citizens Revolt. The Government would rather fund our already BLACK HOLE of a Defense system for Money with more money. While taking away from the poor or less fortunate and cutting Food aid to starving or needy family's by $36+Billion. Then if that doesn't hurt them enough also cut Medicaid assistance by $48+Billion from Benifeits that help millions of people across our country. We all know its just a great time these days to have a slow economy and so many unemployed but hey what the fuck lets cut thier assistance anyways. Open your eyes people we will all be starving and begging for food and medical help to only find none cause its cut for Pentagon and Weapons funding.....So learn to eat lead or be Dead.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...6pLid%3D159662

Stop the GOP before we all become slaves...
    Thanks for the daily talking points update.

Nice how you left out the $83 billion in fed retirement cuts along with the $49 billion savings in capping medical malpractice. As far as the welfare aspect, cut it to the bone. Welfare programs should be for survival, not never ending handouts. I will concede that defense spending needs to be cut though, and there's a ton of places to do it without compromising security, defense spending has become a welfare/jobs program in itself in some aspects. Either way, as bu villain noted, this has no hope of actually passing so the coveted welfare handouts are in no danger, don't fret.

Yes but for them assholes to even pass the bill and it have a chance to last is horrible....Since my wife has gotten pregnant ive seen a lot lately and open my eyes to how many good people NEED welfare assistance.

The only thing people "need" to survive is food, water and shelter along with the opportunity to better themselves. Everyone already has the latter, the former should be all that welfare programs provide for. It's grown to be an out of control monster, a constant loop of dependency and a vote buying program. If someone is struggling because of a pregnancy, I'm sorry for them, but that doesn't give you a right to take my money. If you couldn't afford the child you shouldn't have gotten pregnant.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Browning151 View Post
    The only thing people "need" to survive is food, water and shelter along with the opportunity to better themselves. Everyone already has the latter, the former should be all that welfare programs provide for. It's grown to be an out of control monster, a constant loop of dependency and a vote buying program. If someone is struggling because of a pregnancy, I'm sorry for them, but that doesn't give you a right to take my money. If you couldn't afford the child you shouldn't have gotten pregnant.
    While i sympathize with people in need, you speak 100% truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Browning151 View Post
    Times can be hard these days i know all to well and even if its just assistance for 2-4 weeks any help is appreciated and needed. Yes it has been said many times before there are many who use and just abuse the system but also many use it the right way. Guess the biggest peeve im my mind is we are forcing our selves into dept with the War department and funding.

Quote Originally Posted by -EnVus- View Post
    Times can be hard these days i know all to well and even if its just assistance for 2-4 weeks any help is appreciated and needed. Yes it has been said many times before there are many who use and just abuse the system but also many use it the right way. Guess the biggest peeve im my mind is we are forcing our selves into dept with the War department and funding.
    Things are rough, times are hard, but it's ok I've got my EBT card. Damn that, being poor is a choice that is determined by your choices in life.

As far as gov't spending issues, this is from Jan. 2011:

Link here.

To give a better sense of just how much government would have to cut back, consider this: In 2010, Uncle Sam took in $2.162 trillion in federal revenue -- and 8% of that is $173 billion.

Here's a sampling of what that $173 billion could have paid for last year:

The Department of Labor ($173 billion) OR ...

One-fourth of defense spending ($667 billion) OR ...

The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (roughly $170 billion) OR ...

Most but not all of the interest owed on the country's debt ($228 billion) OR ...

The Departments of Transportation ($78 billion), Justice ($30 billion) and Housing and Urban Development ($60 billion); plus the National Oceanic and
    Atmospheric Administration ($5 billion) OR ...

The Departments of Agriculture ($129 billion), Energy ($31 billion) and Commerce ($13 billion) OR ...

The Departments of Education ($93 billion) and Homeland Security ($44 billion), plus NASA ($19 billion), the EPA ($11 billion) and the parks, fish and wild life services ($6 billion).
    I have no problem with cutting defense spending, it needs to be done and there are a ton of ways to do it without compromising our nat'l security. No bid contracts, weapons and programs that the Pentagon doesn't even want being funded anyway. There's a ton of waste in defense spending, which is why I say it's become a welfare/jobs program in and of itself in many ways. But the entitlement crap needs cutting just as bad, if not worse.