Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does this piss you off?

I had a feeling this thread was going to end up in the politics section after the tax debate started.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...l?ref=business
    Finally someone took them away...

Quote Originally Posted by Browning151 View Post
    I had a feeling this thread was going to end up in the politics section after the tax debate started.
    Yep. Especially because the original story is about clear abuse of the system. After everyone nods their head to say "yes this is fucked up" we can move on to debate more interesting things.

Quote Originally Posted by RL... View Post
    The thing about capital gain tax and why its lower rate is justified, is that it is income made from investments. Investments which have a certain amount of risk associated with it. So if you invest 1 million dollars and lose it all, you just a shit load of money. But if you turned that 1 million into 2 million, you get taxed at a lower rate than as regular income because with regular income you are guaranteed a certain amount, say $10 bucks an hour but capital gain is not guaranteed. Atleast that's how I see it.
    The return you get is what should make up for the risk, not just the taxable rate. Capital investment is absolutely a good thing but when you have a capital gains rate that is lower than the earned income rate, you are signaling that capital investment is more important than labor. Further, after 2008, do you really feel we need to incentivize people to take more financial risks?

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    Another way to justify the lower rate is that it is capital gains is money that was made by investing money that has already been taxed at the income tax rate.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    MOST capital gains is money that has already been taxed at your income bracket fyi
    Sure, which is why only the "gains" are taxed, not the whole investment. If your stock prices rises from $100 to $120, you only pay taxes on the $20 gain. There is no double taxation going on.

Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    The return you get is what should make up for the risk, not just the taxable rate. Capital investment is absolutely a good thing but when you have a capital gains rate that is lower than the earned income rate, you are signaling that capital investment is more important than labor. Further, after 2008, do you really feel we need to incentivize people to take more financial risks?
    its a circular argument. If you make Investment taxes the same as labor, then people wont invest. Why? You know if you work 40 hours a week you make XXXXX money. If you make investment the same taxable rate as income, why invest? In labor you have no risk of not getting paid, or "losing" everything unless you get fired.

We also have to agree that if your stock raises from $100-120 and you make $20, the economy has "grown" because the reason that stock rises is because the company is doing well.

usually.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

INvestment creates labor, they are intertwined. There are no jobs if there are no people investing capital in the economy.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

its a circular argument. If you make Investment taxes the same as labor, then people wont invest. Why? You know if you work 40 hours a week you make XXXXX money. If you make investment the same taxable rate as income, why invest? In labor you have no risk of not getting paid, or "losing" everything unless you get fired.

We also have to agree that if your stock raises from $100-120 and you make $20, the economy has "grown" because the reason that stock rises is because the company is doing well.

usually.
    Most people don't invest because of the tax rate, they do it because they would rather have their money work for them instead of working for money. I only work because I don't have enough capital to live of my investments alone. If I had enough capital I would invest because it's a hell of a lot easier than my day job. That's true whether capital gains taxes are 15% or 30%. Sure you can work really hard at investing and make more money (with more risk) but even in this economic environment I can easily make 5% without hardly any time investment or risk.

INvestment creates labor, they are intertwined. There are no jobs if there are no people investing capital in the economy.
    100% agree. I'm certainly not advocating getting rid of investing. I'm just saying maybe it should be on equal footing with labor tax wise. Plus lets not forget you have FICA and Medicare taxes that go along with working for a living which don't apply to investing.

SNOOCHIE BOOCHIES

until this shit ends Capital Gains should not be touched:

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/ent...ome-family-mak

This is how people are living tax free. Government pays everything for them.

Quote Originally Posted by cyb593 View Post
    until this shit ends Capital Gains should not be touched:

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/ent...ome-family-mak

This is how people are living tax free. Government pays everything for them.
    Im so tired of seeing that inaccurate chart. For every one poor person using the system to their advantage, I could probably show you 10 rich people and businesses taking advantage of the system. Funny thing that is, when poor people take advantage of the system, its deplorable and criminal, but when Verizon, GE, and Mitt Romney do it, "they're just doing what the law allows".

Give me a break

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    Im so tired of seeing that inaccurate chart. For every one poor person using the system to their advantage, I could probably show you 10 rich people and businesses taking advantage of the system. Funny thing that is, when poor people take advantage of the system, its deplorable and criminal, but when Verizon, GE, and Mitt Romney do it, "they're just doing what the law allows".

Give me a break
    This makes me laugh.

Since the posted chart is so inaccurate, where is an accurate one?

Please show me the 10 rich people that take advantage of the system to the tune of nearly 3x their annual income.

Verizon, GE and hundreds of other companies are called crony capitalists. They purchased lawmakers on both sides of the aisle for their exemptions.

Romney, like everyone else in his tax bracket, pays the tax rate for his income. If you want to claim he is gaming the system, prove it.

here is his taxes from 2010.

http://c4230422.r22.cf2.rackcdn.com/1040-2010.pdf

Wow now she is dead but proves drug screens are needed....
    ECORSE, Mich. -- Police say a Detroit-area woman who collected welfare benefits despite winning a $735,000 lottery prize has died of a possible drug overdose.

Ecorse police Sgt. Cornelius Herring confirmed that 25-year-old Amanda Clayton was found dead about 9 a.m. Saturday at a home in the community southwest of Detroit.

Relatives of Clayton did not immediately return a phone message for comment.

Clayton of Lincoln Park pleaded no contest to fraud in June and was sentenced to nine months' probation in July. Her attorney has said Clayton repaid about $5,500 in food aid and medical benefits.

Michigan's Department of Human Services says Clayton didn't inform the state about her pre-tax lottery windfall last year.
    Amanda Clayton Dead: Lottery Winner Who Used Food Stamps Died Of Possible Drug Overdose

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    And she in her mind actually thinks she deserves a free damn handout still, that just blows me away.
    If Mitt Romney said that it would be racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    If Mitt Romney said that it would be racist.
    Dude to point of bringing this old thread back was to show she is dead now lol

Quote Originally Posted by -EnVus- View Post
    Dude to point of bringing this old thread back was to show she is dead now lol
    Realized that after posting. Pretty hilarious............... and on the bright side.... 1 less person voting for Obama.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

Realized that after posting. Pretty hilarious............... and on the bright side.... 1 less person voting for Obama.
    That's the problem with this country today, so many ignorant people truly think THESE are the people that vote for Obama.

$50 says you interview 1000 individuals like this and they may say they like Obama (we all know why) but don't actually vote. Never have never will.

Quote Originally Posted by simontibbett View Post
    That's the problem with this country today, so many ignorant people truly think THESE are the people that vote for Obama.

$50 says you interview 1000 individuals like this and they may say they like Obama (we all know why) but don't actually vote. Never have never will.
    Not every Obama voter is a lazy good for nothing moron who feels entitled to free housing and food stamps, but every lazy good for nothing moron who feels entitled to free housing and food stamps will vote for Obama.

Kanye West will probably drive around project housing in his tour bus and give people rides to the voting booths.

Not every Obama voter is a lazy good for nothing moron who feels entitled to free housing and food stamps, but every lazy good for nothing moron who feels entitled to free housing and food stamps will vote for Obama.

Kanye West will probably drive around project housing in his tour bus and give people rides to the voting booths.
    If you're a lazy good for nothing moron who feels entitled to free housing and food stamps, why would they waste their valuable time to vote? Do you think they know about the election or feel a reason to get out and vote? No.

Your Kanye West statement is probably true though, that sorry low life probably does have a website purely showing BS reasons to vote for Obama. Personally like I've already said, I like Obama, not everything about him, but many things, but I also hate "lazy good for nothing morons who feel entitled to free housing and food stamps." I think these benefits are good for some, but overly abused by many who really don't need it.

If you're a lazy good for nothing moron who feels entitled to free housing and food stamps, why would they waste their valuable time to vote? Do you think they know about the election or feel a reason to get out and vote? No.

Your Kanye West statement is probably true though, that sorry low life probably does have a website purely showing BS reasons to vote for Obama. Personally like I've already said, I like Obama, not everything about him, but many things, but I also hate "lazy good for nothing morons who feel entitled to free housing and food stamps." I think these benefits are good for some, but overly abused by many who really don't need it.
    Obama is to politics what the backstreet boys were to music. He's a pop culture experiment hand picked to appeal to an audience. He had no experience what so ever. He's never held a job his entire life. He's a professional politician. His resume is probably shorter than your resume. He looks the right way and sounds the right way to appeal to his audience. It doesnt matter that he's terrible. You can manufacture celebrity. Look at Snooki..... a fat ugly alcoholic moron who probably couldnt pass a GED test is now a multi million dollar TV personality. Snooki gets paid to give lectures. Obama isnt much different. His celebrity is manufactured. He has the look and the charisma, which is 10x more important than skills or intelligence for the facebook generation that will be voting for him. Obama should have never been president in the first place and he certainly shouldnt be president for 4 more years.

Obama is to politics what the backstreet boys were to music. He's a pop culture experiment hand picked to appeal to an audience. He had no experience what so ever. He's never held a job his entire life. He's a professional politician. His resume is probably shorter than your resume. He looks the right way and sounds the right way to appeal to his audience. It doesnt matter that he's terrible. You can manufacture celebrity. Look at Snooki..... a fat ugly alcoholic moron who probably couldnt pass a GED test is now a multi million dollar TV personality. Snooki gets paid to give lectures. Obama isnt much different. His celebrity is manufactured. He has the look and the charisma, which is 10x more important than skills or intelligence for the facebook generation that will be voting for him. Obama should have never been president in the first place and he certainly shouldnt be president for 4 more years.
    I understand what you're saying, but I don't agree with all of it.

Obviously getting into a debate about why you don't like Obama would be stupid considering there's 100 threads in here typically having some sort of debate. It has nothing to do with Obama that politics became the new "cool thing" and social networking helped all of that explode, it has also filled MANY heads with BS "statistics" on which way to swing. Have you ever read the I Will Not Vote for Obama Facebook page? So much LIES it's not even funny.

Obama has done good, whether that's just in my eyes I don't know, obviously NOBODY will please everyone, it's impossible, and I'm not looking for someone to JUST cater to my needs, as I see the bigger good is far more important, personally I think Obama has that to offer than any of the other candidates. Like I said though, he's not perfect, but have we ever seen perfect?

I understand what you're saying, but I don't agree with all of it.

Obviously getting into a debate about why you don't like Obama would be stupid considering there's 100 threads in here typically having some sort of debate. It has nothing to do with Obama that politics became the new "cool thing" and social networking helped all of that explode, it has also filled MANY heads with BS "statistics" on which way to swing. Have you ever read the I Will Not Vote for Obama Facebook page? So much LIES it's not even funny.

Obama has done good, whether that's just in my eyes I don't know, obviously NOBODY will please everyone, it's impossible, and I'm not looking for someone to JUST cater to my needs, as I see the bigger good is far more important, personally I think Obama has that to offer than any of the other candidates. Like I said though, he's not perfect, but have we ever seen perfect?

Obama's resume.....

prior to being president - wrote a book about myself. great at reading speeches.

While being president - Highest spending ever. Highest debt ever. Credit downgrade.

I'm sorry, i cant even begin to understand anyone who thinks Obama has done a good job.

I think a couple things are missing from that résumé

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Obama's resume.....

prior to being president - wrote a book about myself. great at reading speeches.

While being president - Highest spending ever. Highest debt ever. Credit downgrade.

I'm sorry, i cant even begin to understand anyone who thinks Obama has done a good job.
    He has done numerous good, I for one like his insurance bill among other things.

I ask this truly without causing a debate, because I really don't know how I would, nor am I saying Obama did the best job, but how would you (theoretically speaking) have fixed the economy without raising the countries debt (which goes with spending).

He has done numerous good, I for one like his insurance bill among other things.

I ask this truly without causing a debate, because I really don't know how I would, nor am I saying Obama did the best job, but how would you (theoretically speaking) have fixed the economy without raising the countries debt (which goes with spending).
    Very easy question to answer..... and a good question that needs to be asked.

I would fix the economy by hiring someone with experience to do it for me. If my water pipes explode, i grab the phone book and look for a plumber. If the wires in my wall burn up, i hire an electrician. If i need new cabinets, i hire a carpenter.

If i'm looking for someone to manage the largest economy on the planet, i dont hire someone who has never had a job and made their living from book sales. Take a moment to actually research Obama's resume prior to being elected president. He should have never been elected. Him ever being our president to begin with is a black mark on our history as a nation. (no pun intended) Now that it's time to have another election, im in absolute shock that there's still a possibility that Obama remains our president. He shouldnt even be the democratic nominee.

Very easy question to answer..... and a good question that needs to be asked.

I would fix the economy by hiring someone with experience to do it for me. If my water pipes explode, i grab the phone book and look for a plumber. If the wires in my wall burn up, i hire an electrician. If i need new cabinets, i hire a carpenter.

If i'm looking for someone to manage the largest economy on the planet, i dont hire someone who has never had a job and made their living from book sales. Take a moment to actually research Obama's resume prior to being elected president. He should have never been elected. Him ever being our president to begin with is a black mark on our history as a nation. (no pun intended) Now that it's time to have another election, im in absolute shock that there's still a possibility that Obama remains our president. He shouldnt even be the democratic nominee.
    Why would Obama be the sole responsible party though? He doesn't make these decisions alone.

Well I guess if you're voting solely on experience, Obama has been a president longer than Romney.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Why would Obama be the sole responsible party though? He doesn't make these decisions alone.
    Excuse train. I honestly do not understand the sympathy for Obama. It's nearly impossible to argue that he isnt absolutely terrible, yet people seem to acknowledge that he's absolutely terrible and still want to give him another shot.

Well I guess if you're voting solely on experience, Obama has been a president longer than Romney.
    Romney's resume would make Obama look like a cashier at Mcdonalds.

Edit, actually.... Obama being a cashier at Mcdonalds would improve his resume.... that would be his first real job.

Excuse train. I honestly do not understand the sympathy for Obama. It's nearly impossible to argue that he isnt absolutely terrible, yet people seem to acknowledge that he's absolutely terrible and still want to give him another shot.
    That's not an excuse that's a fact, I'd say the same thing if Romney was president. lol

I have reasons why I like Obama, I don't think he's terrible. There's no such thing as a perfect president, I'm not saying that because I like Obama but everyone has different opinions.

Romney's resume would make Obama look like a cashier at Mcdonalds.
    Because running America like a venture capital organization is exactly what America needs! I wonder which state will be the first to get bought up and sold for a profit will be. Hopefully Texas.

Edit, actually.... Obama being a cashier at Mcdonalds would improve his resume.... that would be his first real job.
    How silly of me. I thought being a lawyer was a real job. My mistake. I better go let my attorney know he needs to get a real job.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

That's not an excuse that's a fact, I'd say the same thing if Romney was president. lol

I have reasons why I like Obama, I don't think he's terrible. There's no such thing as a perfect president, I'm not saying that because I like Obama but everyone has different opinions.
    Your reasons to like Obama are probably from a misunderstanding. He didnt give you healthcare, he didnt lower the price of healthcare, he didnt improve healthcare.... he simply forced it on you.

Because running America like a venture capital organization is exactly what America needs! I wonder which state will be the first to get bought up and sold for a profit will be. Hopefully Texas.

How silly of me. I thought being a lawyer was a real job. My mistake. I better go let my attorney know he needs to get a real job.
    Obama was never a lawyer. He forfeited his license when questions came up about his education. He "volunteered" to give up his license though he would have been disbarred.

Your reasons to like Obama are probably from a misunderstanding. He didnt give you healthcare, he didnt lower the price of healthcare, he didnt improve healthcare.... he simply forced it on you.
    Well from my healthcare comment, it does allow me to get insurance now. Couldn't before. So...

Well from my healthcare comment, it does allow me to get insurance now. Couldn't before. So...
    really? you called around to private institutions and were denied health insurance?

next

really? you called around to private institutions and were denied health insurance?
    Yes, denied everywhere I applied that I could realistically afford, which was everywhere.

Yes, denied everywhere I applied that I could realistically afford, which was everywhere.
    So you had a job and were denied insurance by aflac?

So you had a job and were denied insurance by aflac?
    A job that offered insurance? No. Yes I was denied by EVERYONE. Just as many others have been due to "pre-existing" conditions, which is BS especially when those "pre-existing" conditions aren't real or not really an issue.

red lobster is calling my name......................... feel free to post more Obama qualifications for president so i can get a good laugh and debunk them when i get back.

I'll be thinking of you while eating my lobster Blank.

Obama was never a lawyer. He forfeited his license when questions came up about his education. He "volunteered" to give up his license though he would have been disbarred.
    False.

Next

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast