Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
its a circular argument. If you make Investment taxes the same as labor, then people wont invest. Why? You know if you work 40 hours a week you make XXXXX money. If you make investment the same taxable rate as income, why invest? In labor you have no risk of not getting paid, or "losing" everything unless you get fired.

We also have to agree that if your stock raises from $100-120 and you make $20, the economy has "grown" because the reason that stock rises is because the company is doing well.

usually.
Most people don't invest because of the tax rate, they do it because they would rather have their money work for them instead of working for money. I only work because I don't have enough capital to live of my investments alone. If I had enough capital I would invest because it's a hell of a lot easier than my day job. That's true whether capital gains taxes are 15% or 30%. Sure you can work really hard at investing and make more money (with more risk) but even in this economic environment I can easily make 5% without hardly any time investment or risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
INvestment creates labor, they are intertwined. There are no jobs if there are no people investing capital in the economy.
100% agree. I'm certainly not advocating getting rid of investing. I'm just saying maybe it should be on equal footing with labor tax wise. Plus lets not forget you have FICA and Medicare taxes that go along with working for a living which don't apply to investing.