Thread: Can we all agree on this one thing?

Default Can we all agree on this one thing?

That we need a more limited federal government!? Can we all agree that that is true? Why or why not?

I think we do. I'm not saying no federal government, just a more limited one which doesn't regulate every aspect of our lives.

I wish it were that simple. We definitely need a more effective government. I think they are overinvolved in some parts of our lives and not involved enough in others.

Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    I wish it were that simple. We definitely need a more effective government. I think they are overinvolved in some parts of our lives and not involved enough in others.
    Overly involved in places they can make money or "follow" you. Yes, I would love a smaller, less intrusive government. Whether their effects are direct or indirect. Stay out of my Facebook and my phone and my freakin txts and pics and tracking my cars speed.

CHASE ->>>
    WHAT MATTERS

Quote Originally Posted by blaknoize View Post
    Overly involved in places they can make money or "follow" you. Yes, I would love a smaller, less intrusive government. Whether their effects are direct or indirect. Stay out of my Facebook and my phone and my freakin txts and pics and tracking my cars speed.

To expand on this to more relevant areas, they also need to stay out of my healthcare, quit deciding what light bulbs I am allowed to use, and quit giving my money to people whose only goal in life to waste more of my money.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    To expand on this to more relevant areas...
    Oh I see how you managed to discredit my message there Jimmy. All are relevant.

CHASE ->>>
    WHAT MATTERS

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    To expand on this to more relevant areas, they also need to stay out of my healthcare,
    So insurance companies can charge whatever they want, and we foot the bill...

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy
    quit deciding what light bulbs I am allowed to use,
    Because if I wanna use a light bulb that's more expensive, less bright, and uses more energy, I'm gonna!

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy
    and quit giving my money to people whose only goal in life to waste more of my money.
    i.e. Big banks, wall st.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    Who foots the bill? If you don't like what an insurance company charges switch to another one.

Because if I wanna use a light bulb that's more expensive, less bright, and uses more energy, I'm gonna!
    What business is it of the federal gov't what kind of light bulb I use in my house? If I want to use the least efficient bulb possible and pay the bill associated with it, who's business is that? No ones.

i.e. Big banks, wall st.
    or those milking unemployment, social security disability, food stamps, medicare, medicaid and on and on......

ron paul

Quote Originally Posted by Browning151 View Post
    Who foots the bill? If you don't like what an insurance company charges switch to another one.
    Switch to the other one who is also charging whatever they want, right? I suppose if they're all charging prices I cant afford, and I dont like, I should just not get insurance, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Browning151
    What business is it of the federal gov't what kind of light bulb I use in my house? If I want to use the least efficient bulb possible and pay the bill associated with it, who's business is that? No ones.
    Its not the business of the government, nor will it ever be their business. If you want to pay more for outdated technology, then thats your business

Quote Originally Posted by Browning151
    or those milking unemployment, social security disability, food stamps, medicare, medicaid and on and on......
    Like squirting a squirt gun into the ocean

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Switch to the other one who is also charging whatever they want, right? I suppose if they're all charging prices I cant afford, and I dont like, I should just not get insurance, right?
    They charge what the market will support, just like any other product or service so what's your point? We should set a maximum that an insurance company can charge for their product? Where does that stop? Food, cars, clothes, utilities? When enough people take their business to a competitor that is cheaper they will either lower their prices to be competitive or go out of business, that's how our system works. Well that's how it's supposed to work anyway, if the gov't would get their nose out of trying to pick who succeeds and who fails.

and I dont like
    I don't like how much McDonalds charges for a cheese burger, can we get the gov't to regulate those next? Or maybe they can just take over McDonalds and subsidize cheeseburgers with taxpayer money so we can all get a cheeseburger for $.25, we all have a right to eat after all don't we?

Quote Originally Posted by blaknoize View Post
    Oh I see how you managed to discredit my message there Jimmy. All are relevant.
    I didn't mean to discredit them. They are all valid but they are all relatively minor.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

You might have a point if Obamacare actually did something about it. Obamacare just raises the price on everyone to the highest level.

i.e. Big banks, wall st.
    If you mean Congress and Fannie and Freddie you would be correct.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk