Thread: Faux news slams Obama admin over gas prices...

Default Faux news slams Obama admin over gas prices...

Not only them. Republican candidates and various other talking heads. We've heard it all before...

But wait a minute...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzEnK...e_gdata_player

So when a dem (or mainly Obama) is in office, he is sole responsibility of the rising gas prices, but when the GOP is in office, there's really nothing the president can do about it?

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Democrats are just as bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oaq2fHiOOY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQb_4hXLx2Q

And thats a simple youtube search. Sorry, the democrats have no leg to stand on. Obama now has higher gas prices than bush had, and hes done NOTHING to stop it. Even though there isnt MUCH he could do, hes clueless on even trying to navigate out of it. But thats probable because he wants higher prices, so he can further the green energy cause.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Any asshole in office with a voice is blamed....If they really cared they would fight with us and not create an excuse.

Oh and FYI, Oreilley has been reporting ALL THIS WEEK AND LAST WEEK about how its not really Obamas problem, its the oil companies selling their oil overseas. Even if we drill more, all the oil companies will do is send the product overseas where the chinese are paying for it.

The way we bring down prices is force them to sell it here, which means getting the economy going.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    But thats probable because he wants higher prices, so he can further the green energy cause.
    so you're one of those who think we'll be running off oil until the end of time, huh? Lol

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Theres no evidence to suggest we will run out of oil in the next 100+ years.

Green Energy is a nice thought, but we run on fossil fuels. We havent even tapped into our own supply yet. We should continue to develop existing fuel while looking into alternatives. This myth that we cant is purely bullshit.

I dont know how a person can say they care about the poor, but look them in the face and say "fuck off, $8 a gallon gas, get used to it."
    -www.usedbarcode.net

I swear... The older I get, the stupider young people get.

I wouldnt mind paying $10 for a gallon of gas long as the government and car builders create and allow a car to get 75 + MPG.
    The issue is right now we are paying more at the pump then what we get in distance per value. Also until a genius comes up with a non combustion engine that fully rely on electric and is just as cheap and reliable we will be stuck with fossil fuels.

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    Not only them. Republican candidates and various other talking heads. We've heard it all before...

But wait a minute...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzEnK...e_gdata_player

So when a dem (or mainly Obama) is in office, he is sole responsibility of the rising gas prices, but when the GOP is in office, there's really nothing the president can do about it?

Funny, I dont remember hearing about the media not telling the full, unadulterated, truth about gas prices when Bush was in office. I guess this talk about gas prices just started with Obama huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Oh and FYI, Oreilley has been reporting ALL THIS WEEK AND LAST WEEK about how its not really Obamas problem, its the oil companies selling their oil overseas. Even if we drill more, all the oil companies will do is send the product overseas where the chinese are paying for it.

The way we bring down prices is force them to sell it here, which means getting the economy going.

I said this on another forum and I dont even know if it is possible.

How about setting up a domestic oil market. Only oil that is produced within the American territories and sold within the American territories are sold on this market. What do you think of a tax credit to cover the price differences between world market oil and a newly created domestic oil market? Domestic oil selling at $55 a barrel, world market price at $100, producers get a credit of $45 a barrel. That would drastically reduce gasoline prices and the prices of everything else we buy.

Quote Originally Posted by -EnVus- View Post
    I wouldnt mind paying $10 for a gallon of gas long as the government and car builders create and allow a car to get 75 + MPG.
    There is such a vehicle that exists today...

It's called running shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    I said this on another forum and I dont even know if it is possible.

How about setting up a domestic oil market. Only oil that is produced within the American territories and sold within the American territories are sold on this market. What do you think of a tax credit to cover the price differences between world market oil and a newly created domestic oil market? Domestic oil selling at $55 a barrel, world market price at $100, producers get a credit of $45 a barrel. That would drastically reduce gasoline prices and the prices of everything else we buy.
    But who is going to pay for that MASSIVE tax credit? Do you really want to start what is basically another giant entitlement program?

Also, don't you think that might set off some trade wars?

Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    But who is going to pay for that MASSIVE tax credit?
    This is where I am out of my depth. Yes, there would be a small reduction in tax income to the govt, but I really have no clue how much. An increase in domestic oil production staying here and drasticly lowering prices would absolutely spark job growth and create a larger tax pool. The fact that the US is basicly removed from the international market would also GREATLY reduce demand and bring international prices down considerably. When international prices go down, it would lower the tax credit amount. Lowering ONLY domestic transportation costs would also make things like air travel and basic necessities less expensive, giving consumers more disposable income and sparking more job growth.

Do you really want to start what is basically another giant entitlement program?
    The energy industry is already heavily subsidized. This may just be a way to move the way the money is spent to other areas. Ones that might actually work for a change.

Also, don't you think that might set off some trade wars?
    With who? OPEC? They need us FAR more than we need them. If we included Canada and Mexico into this equation and made it NAFTA for oil, North American oil and refined products production would far exceed the middle east inside 3 years. This would require the feds to actually let companies drill and actually open new refineries though.

Privateer Racing!!

The thing I don't understand. They say gas prices are going up because the economy is picking up pace. Well when te economy was booming and people where spending money left and right no matter if they had to spend it. The gas prices where a Hella a lot cheaper. Also I read a report japan is using less gas now since the tsunami.

I also read a report on CNN stating even if we produced 10million barrels a day, OPEC would cut supply 10 million barrels to keep the price of gas up.Obama made a speech not to long ago that he has no control over speculators and they are actually the ones driving te prices and nothing no president could do over
    A public traded commodity.

Quote Originally Posted by B18c1Turboed View Post
    The thing I don't understand. They say gas prices are going up because the economy is picking up pace. Well when te economy was booming and people where spending money left and right no matter if they had to spend it. The gas prices where a Hella a lot cheaper. Also I read a report japan is using less gas now since the tsunami.

I also read a report on CNN stating even if we produced 10million barrels a day, OPEC would cut supply 10 million barrels to keep the price of gas up.Obama made a speech not to long ago that he has no control over speculators and they are actually the ones driving te prices and nothing no president could do over
    A public traded commodity.
    China and India are massively increasing their usage also. Those 2 countries represent the largest growth in the world right now.

As far as speculation goes, they make the same money whether the price goes up or down.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

This is where I am out of my depth. Yes, there would be a small reduction in tax income to the govt, but I really have no clue how much. An increase in domestic oil production staying here and drasticly lowering prices would absolutely spark job growth and create a larger tax pool. The fact that the US is basicly removed from the international market would also GREATLY reduce demand and bring international prices down considerably. When international prices go down, it would lower the tax credit amount. Lowering ONLY domestic transportation costs would also make things like air travel and basic necessities less expensive, giving consumers more disposable income and sparking more job growth.

Actually I wasn't talking about income tax. I thought you were saying the US government would give the oil companies a $45/barrel subsidy. If you want to use gas subsidies to spur economic growth, shouldn't we start with removing the gas taxes at the pump? Also, I don't think it would lower the price internationally because OPEC change their production to keep gas at certain prices.

The energy industry is already heavily subsidized. This may just be a way to move the way the money is spent to other areas. Ones that might actually work for a change.
    I'm confused because I thought your whole premise was that we should subsidize gas companies more. This statement sounds as if they are already too subsidized. Which way are you advocating?

With who? OPEC? They need us FAR more than we need them. If we included Canada and Mexico into this equation and made it NAFTA for oil, North American oil and refined products production would far exceed the middle east inside 3 years. This would require the feds to actually let companies drill and actually open new refineries though.
    No, with all the countries we export oil to. Imagine if China said they were gonna stop selling steel or some other commodity of which they are a major world supplier. We sign all sorts of trade deals all over the world to make sure other countries can't do things like this to us.