Thread: Obamacare upheld by 6th court.

Default Obamacare upheld by 6th court.

I am somewhat late but I havent seen anyone talk about this

http://www.charismamag.com/index.php...olds-obamacare

Doesn't look good for the states. Judge Sutton was appointed by Bush and was Scalia's boy for a long time. He said that obamacare stood up to all the historical tests of constitutionality under the commerce clause.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Octopus™ View Post
    yeah thats all you got cuz shortly after that picture you accepted tasteful wheels and better fitment into your life as your Lowered and Savior.

Amen.

It was recently struck down at the Circuit Court in VA though. I honestly dont know that any of the circuit or appeals courts decisions mean anything unless there is a trend going one way or another. Too early to see a trend but there are still 2 or 3 cases pending. Once all of these cases run their course they will end up in front on the SC, this is already a known fact. From my understanding the multi-state challenge that was recently argued here in Atlanta is the big one though.

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

Its what the insurance lobby and big Rx wants, so the SCOTUS will probably uphold it. I bet Clarence Thomas' wife has received a metric fuck-ton of money to her PAC from insurance and drug companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender View Post
    Its what the insurance lobby and big Rx wants, so the SCOTUS will probably uphold it. I bet Clarence Thomas' wife has received a metric fuck-ton of money to her PAC from insurance and drug companies.
    I would worry more about Elana Kagan than Thomas. She has a direct conflict of interest, but I seriously doubt she will recuse herself.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    I would worry more about Elana Kagan than Thomas. She has a direct conflict of interest, but I seriously doubt she will recuse herself.
    I think that issue has come up and a lot of people are thinking she'll recuse herself. Though it will get ruined in the Supreme court without her vote, so who knows.

Kind of off topic but it is about Obamacare.

Just released a few days ago, a new regulation as part of the overhaul that all womens' checkups, birth control pills, and a few other procedures and products have 0 out of pocket expenses as of Jan 1, 2012. I know my renewal for my insurance is in November so I can expect a nice jump in my rates to pay for this.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...th-screenings/

Kind of off topic but it is about Obamacare.

Just released a few days ago, a new regulation as part of the overhaul that all womens' checkups, birth control pills, and a few other procedures and products have 0 out of pocket expenses as of Jan 1, 2012. I know my renewal for my insurance is in November so I can expect a nice jump in my rates to pay for this.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...th-screenings/
    I should have the RIGHT to opt out of that just like how I want to redeem my right to an iPad because I'm a minority! My benefits renewals are November too. The man keeping us down again... only this time it's not a white guy.

Jan 1, 2012.
    According to the article it is Jan 1, 2013 not 2012. Also it said some plans are grandfathered so you may want to check your plan before your wife (if you have one) tries to exercise any of these provisions.

Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    According to the article it is Jan 1, 2013 not 2012. Also it said some plans are grandfathered so you may want to check your plan before your wife (if you have one) tries to exercise any of these provisions.

You are correct, I did read the date wrong. My plan is not exempted. I will face the higher costs for something my wife and I would forgo if we could. We would much rather have our current plan in its current form as the president said we could.

Quote Originally Posted by ahabion View Post
    I should have the RIGHT to opt out of that just like how I want to redeem my right to an iPad because I'm a minority!
    My wife is Cuban, does she qualify for the Ipad also?

Quote Originally Posted by ahabion View Post
    My benefits renewals are November too. The man keeping us down again... only this time it's not a white guy.

Just blame Nancy Pelosi, thats what I do.

News as of today:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...77B4J320110812

Quote Originally Posted by Reuters
    The Appeals Court for the 11th Circuit, based in Atlanta, found that Congress exceeded its authority by requiring Americans to buy coverage, but also ruled that the rest of the wide-ranging law could remain in effect.

The legality of the so-called individual mandate, a cornerstone of the healthcare law, is widely expected to be decided by the U.S. Supreme Court. The Obama administration has defended the provision as constitutional.

A couple of the comments I would like to address.

Quote Originally Posted by article
    Drivers are required to have auto insurance and homeowners insurance
    This moronic statement comes up all the time. First off, I want to see proof you can be fined just for not having auto insurance. Just so you know, if you try to answer that, you are walking into a trap. The individual mandate is a fine for living in the US and prefering to pay for your health care out of pocket. I can say for a fact that if I was single right now, I would not have health insurance. I have been paying for it for 2 years and have yet to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    The mandate is not illegal. It’s a tax.
    Can anyone here show another tax that is levied only against people that do not purchase a consumer item? I can think of several FINES that are levied for such action, or inaction.

I may post a few more later. Gotta go hit some softballs.