Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mr. President

Like it or not they use a loophole to use fed funds for abortion. Period whether it's 1% or 90% it shouldn't be used at all.

I have no problem with education, screenings,etc, but even then i thjnk we can incentivize the private market to do it better.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    Your terse, vivid imagery and sensitivity to the common man transform a simple simile into an ageless masterwork. Bravo! You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman.
    Nice..lol

Why would anyone wanna defend a government that cuts Food Aid to Families that need it...Yet they beg us to send our Money and food to other countries.
    I know familes that are in hard times or ones who are homeless that depend on these food aides. Not to mention it will affect Wic and foodstamps im sure.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0...ec3_lnk3|71306

Are you actually using the huffington post as a reference? Im sure that unbiased publication is giving the complete story with no partisan spin attached.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Like it or not they use a loophole to use fed funds for abortion. Period whether it's 1% or 90% it shouldn't be used at all.
    First of all, I'm not sure what loophole they use, could you explain. Second, why shouldn't they be able to use federal funds to perform perfectly legal procedures? If I personally don't agree with contraception, am I right to say they shouldn't be able to provide that with fed funds either? Why are some legal things ok and others not? How do you make the distinction?

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    I have no problem with education, screenings,etc, but even then i thjnk we can incentivize the private market to do it better.
    What incentives would you give to the private market? What business plan can be profitable when the customers are often broke, uneducated, and embarrased about receiving your services?

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post

This also made me laugh. By "voter suppression laws" do you mean those laws that require you to have an ID to vote in 2012? Stupid question, how does a law that takes effect in 2012 suppress votes in 2011? Or maybe its the requirement that you live in the district you are voting in for 28 days?.
    These laws are specifically instituted to disenfranchise young people, college students, and low income people who are renters and thus move a lot. Speaking for myself, I've moved 4 times in the past two Presidential election cycles. And if there were better job opportunities in my particular field, I'd probably move again to be closer to my family. I'm not going to go sit for hours at the DMV and pay the fees every single time I move to get my ID/Driver's License updated.

Republicans claim to be against Gov't overreach and abuse of authority, yet they never give up the opportunity to use it when it benefits their agenda. "Election fraud" only exists when Republican candidates are threatened with defeat.

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    and embarrased about receiving your services?
    I am sure anti-abortionist Senator Ricky "man-on-dog" Santorum is certainly pretty embarrassed about receiving abortion services.
    [article]
    According to Karen Santorum's book, ''Letters to Gabriel: The True Story of Gabriel Michael Santorum,'' she later developed a life-threatening intrauterine infection and a fever that reached nearly 105 degrees. She went into labor when she was 20 weeks pregnant. After resisting at first, she allowed doctors to give her the drug Pitocin to speed the birth. Gabriel lived just two hours. [/article]

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/22/ma...l?pagewanted=7

That procedure they administered on Karen Santorum is otherwise known as a "partial birth abortion".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12