View Poll Results: Would you be a calm fighter knowing you could be Nuked ?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No Way

3 100.00%

Thread: Fight in a Nuclear War

Default Fight in a Nuclear War

I was thinking today after following the BS with N.Korea over the Years and see it only getting the the breaking point. If we do go to war with them and help defend S.Korea we will do it knowing the North has and will use Nukes at any moment.
    Now my question is being a soldier for either side S.Korea or America how is your thoughts on serving knowing you can be Nuked at any moment.
    Even the Soldiers in the ocean Sub or Ships can be attacked with Nukes.
    Being nuked is far more of a risk then being shot when it comes to war with a country like North Korea.
    Besides the families fears of it happening if you was Serving would you be able to keep a straight head knowing this could happen ?

We know where the nukes are, if there is any indication they are about to use them we will strike first. The only ones that are nuked would be the N.Koreans.

I was thinking the same thing. We would neutralize their nukes, and if somehow they were able to use one, we would probably wipe N. Korea off the map.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    We know where the nukes are, if there is any indication they are about to use them we will strike first. The only ones that are nuked would be the N.Koreans.
    You think we could find every single one ? I that a N.Korea Representative said the U.S. Should consider re installing the Missle to Air Defense sysem around S.Korea in cause a Nuke was fired. We have 22-26,000 Troops in S.Korea that need protection in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by Browning151 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. We would neutralize their nukes, and if somehow they were able to use one, we would probably wipe N. Korea off the map.
    I don't thin we would still use one due to the Geneva convention and rules applied for civilians. But we would drop enough Tomohawks and bunker busters to destroy and strike fear like a Nuke hit them . My uncle is in the Navy and he has said our Subs alone could bring down a country like N.Korea without touching land.

nukes a actually very fragile things. they dont respond well to beng knock around.

Yes, I am as sure as someone without direct knowledge can be that we know where all of their nuke material is.

I don't really understand the question. Why would the threat of a Nuke be any different than a conventional bomb in this respect?

I don't think soldiers would be affected too much as death is a real risk in any combat situation. A nuke is no different from a well-placed mortar or airstrike.
    UGA: Everybody is laughing at us this year.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

I don't think you understand much based on this thread.

USA > North Korea. If they even TRIED to shoot off a legit nuke they'd all be done before anything happened. Plus I don't even think they're dumb enough to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by simontibbett View Post
    I don't think you understand much based on this thread.

USA > North Korea. If they even TRIED to shoot off a legit nuke they'd all be done before anything happened. Plus I don't even think they're dumb enough to do that.

Never underestimate the stupidity of an doctoral regime.

Never underestimate the stupidity of an doctoral regime.
    Also this country North Korea was built like a Cult and on rape murder and famine of its own people. Never unsuspected the unsuspected...

Islander

there's more to a nuke than just direct impact. The fallout alone would affect China, and you know the US can't win against them....LOL
    I got free clear tails with my ride.....

Quote Originally Posted by ISAtlanta300 View Post
    there's more to a nuke than just direct impact. The fallout alone would affect China, and you know the US can't win against them....LOL

China has a lot of people but thats their only advantage over the US in a military sense. They dont have the Navy to do any real damage to the US without using nukes and they wont use nukes because we have enough to also turn China into a wasteland many times over.

I'm not going to sit around and be all paranoid about nukes, they are essentially an idle threat as of now..... We are the only country to ever use them, people have them because we have them. I'm not saying this to be anti-American or whatever, it just seems pretty obvious to me. Nukes just aren't practical enough for me to believe anyone would try and hit us knowing what would immediately follow. North Korea is stupid, but are they that batshit crazy to knowingly start a fight that would without a doubt wipe their entire country away? We are very very far from nuclear war with anyone imo.

The only threat I see with them is obviously coming from the middle east, but the same rules still apply. A terrorist will know they may be sacrificing their entire world(essentially) by attacking us with whatever dirty bomb they can construct. It's easy to think just because nukes are out there we might get hit, but it just seems to me like there still isn't nearly enough tension for me to worry immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by alpine_aw11 View Post
    I'm not going to sit around and be all paranoid about nukes, they are essentially an idle threat as of now..... We are the only country to ever use them, people have them because we have them. I'm not saying this to be anti-American or whatever, it just seems pretty obvious to me. Nukes just aren't practical enough for me to believe anyone would try and hit us knowing what would immediately follow. North Korea is stupid, but are they that batshit crazy to knowingly start a fight that would without a doubt wipe their entire country away? We are very very far from nuclear war with anyone imo.

The only threat I see with them is obviously coming from the middle east, but the same rules still apply. A terrorist will know they may be sacrificing their entire world(essentially) by attacking us with whatever dirty bomb they can construct. It's easy to think just because nukes are out there we might get hit, but it just seems to me like there still isn't nearly enough tension for me to worry immediately.
    While I agree for the most part, I disagree with the aspect of a nuclear stalemate with middle-eastern extremists. They are not officially affiliated with any country, so unless we wanted to look like even bigger assholes to the rest of the world, we could not retaliate with nuclear weapons if a dirty bomb were set off in the US. We would escalate our anti-terrorism troops, but it would still be an effort to limit civilian casualties which rules out the usage of nuclear weapons.
    UGA: Everybody is laughing at us this year.

Quote Originally Posted by nreggie454 View Post
    While I agree for the most part, I disagree with the aspect of a nuclear stalemate with middle-eastern extremists. They are not officially affiliated with any country, so unless we wanted to look like even bigger assholes to the rest of the world, we could not retaliate with nuclear weapons if a dirty bomb were set off in the US. We would escalate our anti-terrorism troops, but it would still be an effort to limit civilian casualties which rules out the usage of nuclear weapons.
    It all depends on if the terrorists could be linked to government funding of course, but considering how we frequently trace terrorist funding back to governments(allegedly, at least) the chance of us responding with a nuke could be more than you think. Also, you have to consider the situation. If the US is nuked the retaliation will be fierce, decisions might be made too quickly. I honestly think every nuke on Earth should be wiped out, their existence is absolutely pointless.

Islander

Yea good luck with that.... but if it helps you sleep better at night....
    I got free clear tails with my ride.....

they calculate everything when considering these things. Wind direction...etc. China could possibly be completely unaffected by a nuclear weapon...there are different sized nuclear weapons as well and the ones that create large scale fallout would not be the ones to "wipe N Korea off the map" the H bomb could wipe out half of a state the size of GA in 5 seconds...the bombs dropped in japan would just take out something the size of atlanta. Tacticality is key but even still...N Korea is not a country that will pump the bitches out left and right...they can barely MAKE ONE!
    www.MSSRACING.com - 99 Civic CX - Best ET: 9.53 / Best MPH: 160 - Competition Clutch - Arias Pistons - Coatings M.D. - Mahle-Clevite - ebtec - AHobbs Racing - JKOBD - TDC Performance
    Daily D: 2007 Dodge 2500 MEGA CAB, Cummins Turbo Diesel

As a soldier currently, and been briefed here in there about the occurrences of North Korea and there little threat. The US is not even threatened by them. They been having threats of nuclear weapons for 20+ years. And just like a Srgt major put it the other day. The real reason there is no war/nuclear threat is because of China. China is actually keeping them in check. And yes china has the man power. But we would straight dominate them in any military stand off. China right now is the peace keeper. They would intervene with North Korea before we would. Why do you think Obama keeps making trips over there to talk to them. Yes were in debt, but that's not all they are talking about. North Korea will not strike American territory. Kim is crazy, but not that crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by SoLJames95 View Post
    As a soldier currently, and been briefed here in there about the occurrences of North Korea and there little threat. The US is not even threatened by them. They been having threats of nuclear weapons for 20+ years. And just like a Srgt major put it the other day. The real reason there is no war/nuclear threat is because of China. China is actually keeping them in check. And yes china has the man power. But we would straight dominate them in any military stand off. China right now is the peace keeper. They would intervene with North Korea before we would. Why do you think Obama keeps making trips over there to talk to them. Yes were in debt, but that's not all they are talking about. North Korea will not strike American territory. Kim is crazy, but not that crazy.
    I saw on a program on the history channel yesterday that the US is the least of worries with China. That tension between China and Russia is needle thread thin. That they can't stand each other and are just begging to go at it. If you only knew how the Chinese troops talked and thought about the Russians you would be shocked and vise versa with Russia.