Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: To those of you who said the healthcare bill isn't going to affect us

Default To those of you who said the healthcare bill isn't going to affect us

http://gretawire.blogs.foxnews.com/d...ction=late-new

^^Thats an example of what it will do to companies.

One of the most interesting parts is: "We can ill-afford cost increases that place us at a disadvantage versus our global competitors".

So for those of you who thought this was going to help our economy and strengthen our workforce,

Of course I own this.
    IT PUTS THE OREOS ON THE RIM

Oh, I know. We're all fucked.
    Your sig gave me a seizure.

- IA Management

www.facebook.com/wes.monteith

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

"I'll fuck you 'til you love me, faggot!" -Mike Tyson

Patience Pays...

Yes we're all employees of Catepillar..

LizBiz eats Carpet! bdydrpdmazda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Catepillar is a very large company with a lot of employees, we should take this as a sign of things to come...

I wish I was as stupid as you so I didn't have to worry about this shit.

Of course I own this.

You're not naive at all.
    Your sig gave me a seizure.

- IA Management

www.facebook.com/wes.monteith

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

"I'll fuck you 'til you love me, faggot!" -Mike Tyson

Patience Pays...

Quote Originally Posted by Bajjani View Post
    I wish I was as stupid as you so I didn't have to worry about this shit.
    lol Of course the intelligent response was to insult me rather than reply with something that would challenge what I stated. Try again, this time with effort.

Patience Pays...

Quote Originally Posted by bdydrpdmazda View Post
    Catepillar is a very large company with a lot of employees, we should take this as a sign of things to come...
    Catepillar is one company within an industry of MANY construction companies. If I want to base the state of the economy on one corporation's hardship then we've been doomed well before Healthcare reform. The gauge of how successful healthcare reform is or isn't will not come for years, all legislation is forward looking and rarely if ever gives an immediate impact.

Catepillar is one company within an industry of MANY construction companies. If I want to base the state of the economy on one corporation's hardship then we've been doomed well before Healthcare reform. The gauge of how successful healthcare reform is or isn't will not come for years, all legislation is forward looking and rarely if ever gives an immediate impact.
    Do you think before you write this shit? Are you suggesting that this is a one time event that will not be repeated into other industries/corporations? Did I not specifically say this was going to happen yesterday, and look at this, it did. And are we going to make it to that 10 year mark to base the success of this bill? I don't give a shit how forward you look in the future, you learn to crawl before you can walk, you can't just say lets change shit to this.

The Law of Unintended Consequences <----

Do you know what the immediate impact of this bill is? Increased taxes. Do you know what this bill says? It says you get taxed an extra 8-20%. It says if you DON'T buy APPROVED health insurance, you have to pay more taxes. It says if companies don't provide you with health insurance, they have to pay fines.

Please go do some damn research before you say anything else.

Of course I own this.

lol Of course the intelligent response was to insult me rather than reply with something that would challenge what I stated. Try again, this time with effort.
    Challenge what you said? That we're not all employees of Caterpillar? What the fuck kind of message do I have to type to argue you're stupid ass comment? Enlighten me on that one, please.

Of course I own this.

Patience Pays...

Challenge what you said? That we're not all employees of Caterpillar? What the fuck kind of message do I have to type to argue you're stupid ass comment? Enlighten me on that one, please.
    It would have been easier to say "I don't have a response" or "I can't," Sprinkling insults and curse words doesn't make you appear any tougher.

Mods can we move this to the political section? I think it'd be more fitting there.

It would have been easier to say "I don't have a response" or "I can't," Sprinkling insults and curse words doesn't make you appear any tougher.

Mods can we move this to the political section? I think it'd be more fitting there.
    LOL does it bother you that much the way hes talking to you? If it gets moved and he continues talking the way he is, he could be banned, and you know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantooth View Post
    Oh, I know. We're all fucked.
    THIS
    NO ADVERTISING

-IA MANAGEMENT

guys if you want CHANGE then simply show it at the voters box this November

Quote Originally Posted by S2KJD View Post
    THIS. I will be voting for sure.

Patience Pays...

Do you think before you write this shit? Are you suggesting that this is a one time event that will not be repeated into other industries/corporations? Did I not specifically say this was going to happen yesterday, and look at this, it did. And are we going to make it to that 10 year mark to base the success of this bill? I don't give a shit how forward you look in the future, you learn to crawl before you can walk, you can't just say lets change shit to this.

The Law of Unintended Consequences <----

Do you know what the immediate impact of this bill is? Increased taxes. Do you know what this bill says? It says you get taxed an extra 8-20%. It says if you DON'T buy APPROVED health insurance, you have to pay more taxes. It says if companies don't provide you with health insurance, they have to pay fines.

Please go do some damn research before you say anything else.
    Any legislation that was pivotal had unintended consequences but there is a legislative process that corrects those consequences as time continues. No law is perfect when it is first drawn up, this is why it is a process. Corporations such as Catepillar voice their concerns as they did in that letter and the officials of which we have elected determine if those grievances are valid against the need of the citizens. This is POLS101 but you want me to research? Trust me I am very well versed in politics, come with something that I don't explain to my 8 year old on a daily basis.

That was a ridiculous statement, and as you well know, if the bill will effect a company of this size this much, it's going to be just as bad for other fortune 500 companies.

The worst part is this
    "the legislation would discourage companies from hiring more workers and would cause reduced hours and wages for those already employed."

If a company the size of caterpiller is already this against the bill for economic reasons.. that can't be good. Others are soon to follow.

Not to mention morally, the bill violates 5 amendments:

First Amendment
    Fourth Amendment
    Fifth Amendment
    Ninth Amendment
    Tenth Amendment
    Way Too Big

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

_██_
    (ಠ_ృ) Riveting tale, chap.

Patience Pays...

Quote Originally Posted by oneSLOWex View Post
    LOL does it bother you that much the way hes talking to you? If it gets moved and he continues talking the way he is, he could be banned, and you know that.
    Doesn't bother me but I give respect and I expect it. I've never met you so I'm not going to sit here and call you stupid because you disagree with my opinion. There is no ulterior motive here, Politics is discussed in the Politics section plain and simple.

Any legislation that was pivotal had unintended consequences but there is a legislative process that corrects those consequences as time continues. No law is perfect when it is first drawn up, this is why it is a process. Corporations such as Catepillar voice their concerns as they did in that letter and the officials of which we have elected determine if those grievances are valid against the need of the citizens. This is POLS101 but you want me to research? Trust me I am very well versed in politics, come with something that I don't explain to my 8 year old on a daily basis.
    Voice their concerns in this letter?

"We are disappointed that efforts at reform have not addressed the cost concerns we've raised throughout the year."

Democrats are making behind closed door deals and you're talking about a process? Really? Bribery? The problem with the Democrats is they IGNORED all the concerns, they didn't pay attention to ANY of the consequences, and they bribed their way through the voting process.

Take your POLS101 class elsewhere, I don't care what you think you know, you're talking like you don't know anything. You asked me to counter a statement that said "we're all caterpillar employees." The IMMEDIATE affects of this bill are increased taxes and costs to companies. The benefits won't be seen for at least two years. We're already in a recession. Where is the logic here? Explain to me how this is helping our country one tiny bit.

Of course I own this.

Patience Pays...

Quote Originally Posted by xxbckiexx View Post
    That was a ridiculous statement, and as you well know, if the bill will effect a company of this size this much, it's going to be just as bad for other fortune 500 companies.

The worst part is this
    "the legislation would discourage companies from hiring more workers and would cause reduced hours and wages for those already employed."

If a company the size of caterpiller is already this against the bill for economic reasons.. that can't be good. Others are soon to follow.
    I don't like to reference the stock market because I don't think it gives an accurate representation but if you look at the market and specifically the Healthcare Industry as a reactionary gauge I would say that commerce is very much satisfied with the proposed legislation, and they should be. The industry will gain 30 million new customers which will bolster the industry on a large scale. When you compare that against the grievances of Catepillar in that letter I just do not have a lot of sympathy. They'll adjust as will most other large corporations not to mention they have until 2014 to do so.

Doesn't bother me but I give respect and I expect it. I've never met you so I'm not going to sit here and call you stupid because you disagree with my opinion. There is no ulterior motive here, Politics is discussed in the Politics section plain and simple.
    Smartass comments do not earn respect so I give you none. Thats all you threw out was a smartass comment. I don't give a shit what you expect to be honest.

Of course I own this.

I don't like to reference the stock market because I don't think it gives an accurate representation but if you look at the market and specifically the Healthcare Industry as a reactionary gauge I would say that commerce is very much satisfied with the proposed legislation, and they should be. The industry will gain 30 million new customers which will bolster the industry on a large scale. When you compare that against the grievances of Catepillar in that letter I just do not have a lot of sympathy. They'll adjust as will most other large corporations not to mention they have until 2014 to do so.
    Before I say anything, please elaborate....cause I think you may be retarded.

Of course I own this.

The bill states that no penalties will be incurred until 2014 begins. Although as Tony said before.. the bill is in infant stage.. anything can change .
    Way Too Big

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

_██_
    (ಠ_ృ) Riveting tale, chap.

Patience Pays...

Voice their concerns in this letter?

"We are disappointed that efforts at reform have not addressed the cost concerns we've raised throughout the year."

Democrats are making behind closed door deals and you're talking about a process? Really? Bribery? The problem with the Democrats is they IGNORED all the concerns, they didn't pay attention to ANY of the consequences, and they bribed their way through the voting process.

Take your POLS101 class elsewhere, I don't care what you think you know, you're talking like you don't know anything. You asked me to counter a statement that said "we're all caterpillar employees." The IMMEDIATE affects of this bill are increased taxes and costs to companies. The benefits won't be seen for at least two years. We're already in a recession. Where is the logic here? Explain to me how this is helping our country one tiny bit.
    What legislation doesn't have closed door deals? That is a Washington problem not a healthcare problem.

My number one question that I have for people that want to quote increased taxes and cost of the bill, how do you think uninsured individuals have their medical bills paid under the current system? They obviously don't pay for it, the taxpayers do and yet the individuals incur a mountain of medical bills that they will never pay off. So whether we admit it or not under the current system taxpayers still pay medical bills for citizens and Illegal Immigrants.

I said what I did about being Catepillar employees because Catepillar employs maybe 100,000 individuals, shareholders are about 40,000 and stakeholders I don't know, we'll be generous and say 400,000-500,000.. There are over 30 million uninsured individuals, furthermore the job of elected officials is to do the good of the people, not the good of the Corporation, but that comment is based more on ideology. If you are a corporatist of course you would disagree.

Patience Pays...

You don't know the particulars of something you are so critical of? Interesting..

You don't know the particulars of something you are so critical of? Interesting..
    No, Tony, I was allowing you to elaborate to make sure I knew exactly what you were referring to before I countered with anything. You said that they had until 2014 before anything happened. I think maybe you should go read that article again.

Of course I own this.

Patience Pays...

Quote Originally Posted by xxbckiexx View Post
    Not to mention morally, the bill violates 5 amendments:

First Amendment
    Fourth Amendment
    Fifth Amendment
    Ninth Amendment
    Tenth Amendment
    This one passed me by, you'll have to explain this one because the one that comes close to holding weight in terms of this bill is the 10th Amendment, the others you'd have to explai., I mean the 5th Amendment is a judicial process and while I'm far from a lawyer, its a stretch to say this reform hinders your protection from self incrimination.

What legislation doesn't have closed door deals? That is a Washington problem not a healthcare problem.

My number one question that I have for people that want to quote increased taxes and cost of the bill, how do you think uninsured individuals have their medical bills paid under the current system? They obviously don't pay for it, the taxpayers do and yet the individuals incur a mountain of medical bills that they will never pay off. So whether we admit it or not under the current system taxpayers still pay medical bills for citizens and Illegal Immigrants.

I said what I did about being Catepillar employees because Catepillar employs maybe 100,000 individuals, shareholders are about 40,000 and stakeholders I don't know, we'll be generous and say 400,000-500,000.. There are over 30 million uninsured individuals, furthermore the job of elected officials is to do the good of the people, not the good of the Corporation, but that comment is based more on ideology. If you are a corporatist of course you would disagree.
    This is where it really kills me. Whats good for the people is to have a strong economy with a lot of jobs. This bill will make companies (not just corporations) have MORE cost per employee. That means less employees will be hired, and cuts will be made where cuts can be made. That means less jobs. That means more people getting free healthcare. That means taxes continue to rise. We're dooming ourselves to a cycle which will weaken our economy, in my opinion. This is going to slow if not halt our recovery.

Of course I own this.

x2

Patience Pays...

No, Tony, I was allowing you to elaborate to make sure I knew exactly what you were referring to before I countered with anything. You said that they had until 2014 before anything happened. I think maybe you should go read that article again.
    I read the article and I know the Bill, as Bckie stated those requirements will not be imposed until 2014. The legislation is not immediate in terms of many of the criticisms that it has received and the Reconciliation process has not begun which carries the bulk of the changes that have yet been finalized.

Patience Pays...

This is where it really kills me. Whats good for the people is to have a strong economy with a lot of jobs. This bill will make companies (not just corporations) have MORE cost per employee. That means less employees will be hired, and cuts will be made where cuts can be made. That means less jobs. That means more people getting free healthcare. That means taxes continue to rise. We're dooming ourselves to a cycle which will weaken our economy, in my opinion. This is going to slow if not halt our recovery.
    Then you absolutely believe in Trickle Down Economics right?

Patience Pays...

This is very much true, its pretty simple stuff.

Then you absolutely believe in Trickle Down Economics right?
    I believe in logical reasoning.

Of course I own this.

Politics makes me laugh b/c everyone thinks they are an expert... healthcare, finance, etc...

more fair and balanced from Fox News.
    Paul "your bullshit makes the flowers grow"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Politics makes me laugh b/c everyone thinks they are an expert... healthcare, finance, etc...

more fair and balanced from Fox News.
    I don't think I'm an expert but I don't think I'm lost on the subject either.

Of course I own this.

I don't think I'm an expert but I don't think I'm lost on the subject either.
    sorry but quoting Fox News is far from not being lost... lets be realistic they sell stories for the right wing - their CEO has even stated that their material is bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    sorry but quoting Fox News is far from not being lost... lets be realistic they sell stories for the right wing - their CEO has even stated that their material is bias.
    Where did I ever quote fox news? That was on multiple news stations last night, and, what I quoted was from what Caterpillar said, who, I do business with. So, think what you want sir, if you're really basing everything I said off me linking an article then, be my guest.

Of course I own this.

01civic

I read the article and I know the Bill, as Bckie stated those requirements will not be imposed until 2014. The legislation is not immediate in terms of many of the criticisms that it has received and the Reconciliation process has not begun which carries the bulk of the changes that have yet been finalized.
    how long did it take you to read this entire bill? I'm pretty confident you don't 'know' the bill.

Where did I ever quote fox news? That was on multiple news stations last night, and, what I quoted was from what Caterpillar said, who, I do business with. So, think what you want sir, if you're really basing everything I said off me linking an article then, be my guest.
    Its pretty obvious my post were due to the link and I watched the news last night on both ABC, CNN and didn't see one thing about Caterpillar.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

WHO THE FUCK CARES!?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast