Quote Originally Posted by xxbckiexx View Post
That was a ridiculous statement, and as you well know, if the bill will effect a company of this size this much, it's going to be just as bad for other fortune 500 companies.

The worst part is this
"the legislation would discourage companies from hiring more workers and would cause reduced hours and wages for those already employed."

If a company the size of caterpiller is already this against the bill for economic reasons.. that can't be good. Others are soon to follow.
I don't like to reference the stock market because I don't think it gives an accurate representation but if you look at the market and specifically the Healthcare Industry as a reactionary gauge I would say that commerce is very much satisfied with the proposed legislation, and they should be. The industry will gain 30 million new customers which will bolster the industry on a large scale. When you compare that against the grievances of Catepillar in that letter I just do not have a lot of sympathy. They'll adjust as will most other large corporations not to mention they have until 2014 to do so.