Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: We are officially screwed

Since I was on my BB earlier I will come back to this.

Quote Originally Posted by StreetHazard View Post
    The gripes I have...is the tax increase to help pay for it, and the most likely rate increase in health insurance premiums. So it almost feels like I need to be really poor and get my government subsidies, or really fucking sick to get my moneys worth out of it.
    Thats the problem a lot of people have with it. The only people that are not hurt by this will be those that are given an additional govt handout.

I'm excited about it, but I also become excited when I see very angry, white, rich men. Not in the "I want him to coat my chin in man batter inside his Porsche" kind of way, but in the "I am really glad that ritz cracker is fucking miserable" kind of way.
    I get the same way every time I see a porch monkey hauled off to jail.

For some reason seeing a bunch of grey haired douchbags pontificating about how much money they will lose if certain "events" happen in the political spectrum fills me with glee and joy, it really makes me want to support what is going to piss them off the most.
    Envy is such a horrible thing.

I also really enjoy witnessing the seething hatred many southerns have for the man himself laughably and sadly within this huge swath of the bible belt, almost screaming it out of their 4X4 trucks with lift kits and 26" swampers with a rebel yell.
    Kind of sounds like the welfare kings and queens in the projects talking about Bush.

Much less giving ANY of his ideas a chance in hell.
    What idea would you like to give a chance? Raise energy costs by passing cap and trade? Raise health care costs with the health care bill? Increase the lines of unemployment and welfare by offering amnesty for all of the criminals illegally in the country? What other idea has be had since he got into office?

I know none of this is any "real" reason to throw my hat into the political ring. But it's reason enough for me to do things like support abortion, gay rights, universal health care and a separation between church and state, a separation so deep it's like the border of North and South Korea.
    So you are simply a typical liberal? I have to say it was pretty obvious though because you did absolutely nothing but attack people for having a more sensible ideology than you.

The crazy part is that I have no problems with most of those things, but I want some changes to them.

Abortion as birth control, fuck you, want an abortion, I'll kick you in the gut til you shit it out. Its cheaper than way.
    Separation of church and state, we agree 100%. This is one of the issues that will prevent me from ever being a republican.
    Gay rights, fine with me. It doesnt affect me in the least. Just make sure its gay rights, not pushing the gay lifestyle down my throat with demonstrations such as the parade. Want to be treated as a normal person, act like one and dont push your lifestyle on anyone. No one really cares if you're a fudge packer or a carpet muncher unless they have something to gain from it.

The "tea-baggers" motivate me as well, probably not in the way they would like but it's good they keep showing their bigoted hateful faces just to remind me that my heart is in a good place.
    Funny how you should be talking about "bigoted, hateful faces". Have you actually read anything you typed?

It isn't really "envy" in any real sense of the word, that would be like saying I am envious of someone that can masturbate openly in front of their loved ones and coworkers and not get a stern talking too. it's more of a constant state of "are you fucking serious....."?
    No, its actually real dictionary quality envy.

Hate is a strong word. I just dislike the establishment, but to say it's not a requirement for a orderly and peaceful society would make me an Anarchist, or a Nihilist and I probably have a little of both those political leanings if they can be described as one.
    I believe hate is the correct word and bigot would be more descriptive.

But mostly I don't put any stock at all in my governments ability to take care of me or my family in accordance with what I feel is "right" or "just". And it really is that simple, it's to a point where maybe people need to start asking "why exactly would the government NOT screw me directly in the ass"? instead of trying to identify the rationalizations of why they would choose to rape you, completely against your will.
    Yet you already stated you wanted the govt to take over the health care system. Why dont you explain to me why you would want a govt that would screw you "directly in the ass" to decide what level of health care you should get?

Vote Obama out if you think that will help, I don't think it will as long as america still continues to have any sort of "career politicians" forming our laws and structuring our regulations. Our lawmakers should have to feel the result of their decisions when they leave the government sector just like the rest of us do and I have never gotten the impression that that ever happens. Like Ron Paul said our current situation is just a transfer of wealth, all of the bad debt from the financial sector has been dumped upon the backs of us so the corporations can become solvent again. Does it suck?...absolutely, does it surprise me?...Hell no. And when you start talking about reform that is costing "trillions" of dollars....I mean damn, fuck it at that point. We then start delving into the blessings of this phony Capitalist concept of "credit" but more of what I like to think of it as modern day "sharecropping" or "paid-slavery". All I see is another way to chip away at the middle-class to expand the lower class so we can all just pick the cotton practically at gun-point if you attempt to escape, or violate "the law" and not even own the land beneath your feet, and having the audacity of actually charging us for the privilege on top of an outlandish interest rate and taxes.
    I'm not going to both trying to translate the rhetoric, but we agree for the most part. One of the major problems with this country are the career politicians and their quest for more and more personal power.

Maybe you had to forgo that car payment on the brand new M3 you always wanted but what a small price to pay for this newest addition contributing to universal health-care for our communities and our country, right patriots?
    Its not my job to pay for anyone's health care but my wife's and mine. Show me someone that has a reason for being unable to provide for themselves and I will be more than happy to help out in some way. Show me someone that was too busy having kids, or too cool to go to school, get an education, and therefore, learn those marketable skills you spoke about and I say let them enjoy the fruits of their labors, or lack there of.

As far your cute little picture goes, for some reason it doesnt tell you that with enough work, intelligence, and a little bit of luck, those people on the bottom can move up that ladder. Just ask Bill Gates, Warren Buffet and all of the new millionaires in this country every year.

I get the same way every time I see a porch monkey hauled off to jail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6OselVRTsM

Sorry i had to
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

opinions, you both have yours, congratulations.

Excuse me if you feel somehow I have invaded your political internet pissing hole. carry on

Never actually saw Clerks II. If the rest of the movie is that funny I am definitely going to watch it.

Patience Pays...

opinions, you both have yours, congratulations.

Excuse me if you feel somehow I have invaded your political internet pissing hole. carry on
    Your opinions are always welcome regardless of what they are

The problem is the American voter.. Stop voting Democrat or Republican so we can bring in some people that really care.

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

It hilarious seeing all the Wingnuts get so stirred up lately. Lately you guys are getting to the point to where you can't keep your bigotry and prejudices in the closet.

If theres hate in your heart, let it out

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -racist_tea_party-jpg  
    Last edited by Total_Blender; 03-24-2010 at 08:17 AM.

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

Also, I'll just add that Joe Biden is FUCKING AWESOME!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR6BR464U3M

It would be interesting if I was a bigot and a racist against white people. That would almost make me "self-loathing", or maybe even more interesting if I started some kind of white movement to suppress the rights and nullify the economic viability of other white people. Like a "WPAOWP"

White People Against Other White People™ organization

I am interested, you might be on to something. But since I hate white people I might have a hard time getting a meeting together.
    Last edited by StreetHazard; 03-24-2010 at 09:37 AM.

I am not a racist or a bigot sorry to dissapoint
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    I am not a racist or a bigot sorry to dissapoint
    I kind of am actually, if you were it would probably help break the nauseating monotony of conservative whines and cries in this forum. We could then atleast get some giggles and entertainment at your expense.

I kind of am actually, if you were it would probably help break the nauseating monotony of conservative whines and cries in this forum. We could then atleast get some giggles and entertainment at your expense.
    I read the last page, all your arguments have to do with hatred yet you have hatred towards the people who have legitimate concerns about what this will do to the country because you describe them as "rich white folk"

What about the people that will lose their jobs because companies make cuts to stay afloat? What about the people who lose their jobs because companies CAN'T stay afloat? These are blue collar workers who bust their ass day in day out. I have no respect for a man who is selfish and greedy but I also have no respect for the man who is lazy and wants handouts, I don't care what color or religion you are. I have a feeling you fall into one of those categories, and it isn't the first one. I respect Obama because I respect success, I despise Obama because of what he is going to do to this country.

Of course I own this.
    IT PUTS THE OREOS ON THE RIM

Quote Originally Posted by Bajjani View Post
    I read the last page, all your arguments have to do with hatred yet you have hatred towards the people who have legitimate concerns about what this will do to the country because you describe them as "rich white folk"

What about the people that will lose their jobs because companies make cuts to stay afloat? What about the people who lose their jobs because companies CAN'T stay afloat? These are blue collar workers who bust their ass day in day out. I have no respect for a man who is selfish and greedy but I also have no respect for the man who is lazy and wants handouts, I don't care what color or religion you are. I have a feeling you fall into one of those categories, and it isn't the first one. I respect Obama because I respect success, I despise Obama because of what he is going to do to this country.
    I think you are taking my words far too serious. I also really do not care what Obama does or does not do, because I full confidence in my ability to survive, not only survive but to succeed in whatever path I choose for myself...Those are not the words of a man asking for handouts, but the words of someone that has already proved himself so thoroughly TO himself in this life he feels no need to prove it to others. So please save your witty judgements for someone that actually cares what you think.

You people really are on edge if my simple words ignited such a itch inside you, that you feel the desire to go through my posts line by line and attempt to dissect and intellectualize essentially the opinions and ramblings of a Nihilist. So where the fuck is my political party? Where is my party logo I can hide behind? Is it blue? Is it red? Or does it even exist at all? I have no cause, I have no agenda, but I certainly have opinions and I certainly refuse to live in fear. Fear of my government, fear of my job, fear of my community, fear of war, famine and terrorism. If all of those things happened at once I would do everything in my capabilities to be the last man standing, if I wasn't I certainly would not go down without a very bloody fight.

I don't care at all about Obama, I could really give a fuck less about McCain. Sarah Palin, I would like to talk into doing an ass to mouth with my big toe. The entire financial sector could collapse today and I could find a hustle to survive in the new circumstances because I am willing to adapt and change depending upon my surroundings. And none of your opinions or your supposed "facts" or your witty condescending comments will crack a dent into what I think, and that is the final point.

It is only what I think...it is a viewpoint just like your own, which I could just as easily disagree with but any of my words will still have no bearing on how you have chosen to view this world.
    Last edited by StreetHazard; 03-24-2010 at 05:09 PM.

I think you are taking my words far too serious. I also really do not care what Obama does or does not do, because I full confidence in my ability to survive, not only survive but to succeed in whatever path I choose for myself...Those are not the words of a man asking for handouts, but the words of someone that has already proved himself so thoroughly TO himself in this life he feels no need to prove it to others. So please save your witty judgements for someone that actually cares what you think.

You people really are on edge if my simple words ignited such a itch inside you, that you feel the desire to go through my posts line by line and attempt to dissect and intellectualize essentially the opinions and ramblings of a Nihilist. So where the fuck is my political party? Where is my party logo I can hide behind? Is it blue? Is it red? Or does it even exist at all? I have no cause, I have no agenda, but I certainly have opinions and I certainly refuse to live in fear. Fear of my government, fear of my job, fear of my community, fear of war, famine and terrorism. If all of those things happened at once I would do everything in my capabilities to be the last man standing, if I wasn't I certainly would not go down without a very bloody fight.

I don't care at all about Obama, I could really give a fuck less about McCain. Sarah Palin, I would like to talk into doing an ass to mouth with my big toe. The entire financial sector could collapse today and I could find a hustle to survive in the new circumstances because I am willing to adapt and change depending upon my surroundings. And none of your opinions or your supposed "facts" or your witty condescending comments will crack a dent into what I think, and that is the final point.

It is only what I think...it is a viewpoint just like your own, which I could just as easily disagree with but any of my words will still have no bearing on how you have chosen to view this world.
    My point was you're a hypocrite in your own arguments, whether you mean them or not. Congratulations on your self-proclaimed achievements but in no way, shape, or form did you ignite an itch in me or anger me in the least. In no way am I living in fear of not being able to succeed for myself, that I can do, but to each person success is measured differently. My fear lies in the fact that I have many people that work for my company that I would hate to lose because of a political agenda and I make it my responsibility to care. Therefore this is an important matter, not to my own survivability but to my own goals and to the lives of the people who work for my company. So, in my opinion, go try to cause chaos elsewhere, go find yourself a cave in a desert where you can be your own self-proclaimed God for all I care. People will be affected, children, elderly, middle-aged. Most of those affects, I fear, will not be positive. If you don't care, then don't post.

Of course I own this.

My point was you're a hypocrite in your own arguments, whether you mean them or not. Congratulations on your self-proclaimed achievements but in no way, shape, or form did you ignite an itch in me or anger me in the least. In no way am I living in fear of not being able to succeed for myself, that I can do, but to each person success is measured differently. My fear lies in the fact that I have many people that work for my company that I would hate to lose because of a political agenda and I make it my responsibility to care. Therefore this is an important matter, not to my own survivability but to my own goals and to the lives of the people who work for my company. So, in my opinion, go try to cause chaos elsewhere, go find yourself a cave in a desert where you can be your own self-proclaimed God for all I care. People will be affected, children, elderly, middle-aged. Most of those affects, I fear, will not be positive. If you don't care, then don't post.

and my inablity to really not care about your plight makes my opinions any less important than yours? If your a smart guy you will find a way to make it work, if not then you will be fed to the sharks. Capitalism at it finest

sink or swim....welcome to america, you should have been a banker if you wanted a bailout.

But since you care so much, what do you plan on doing about it besides posting your gripes on IA? I have accepted the laws passed in this country as exactly that. And if I choose not not abide by them, there will be serious consequences for my actions. I don't have to agree with them, I do things everyday that I really don't want to do or agree with. But in this case I happen to not really be against universal health-care. Conservatives seem to want to act like the four horseman of the Apocalypse are about to march across the sky and throw fire and brim stone on all of the said "affected, children, elderly, middle-aged" which by all indications is intended to help protect and cover all of those mentioned regardless of pre-existing conditions.

Mostly what I see is the republican power base dwindling to a laughing stock of even itself. They don't even have a clear and focused agenda exept to just be against the other side of the aisle, they have no strong leaders and the only valid points issued from the GOP are immediately nullified by the callousness of their words and actions attempting to justify their ideals, and their political rallies and rabble-rousing look like they emptied every trailer park in America and inserted them into their political fan base like a large veiny cock into our collective consciousness.

That is simply what I see.

The democratic party certainly has it's issues as well which is why I do not wear their "colors" on a blue bandana like a crip vs. bloods gang fight. Which by all indications a two party governmental system appears to be. But given the choices we had in the last elections, I still feel like I made the right one. But mostly I do not pretend to have the answers to our nations problems, I have been seeing and hearing so many "arm-chair economists" lately that I could puke blood from nausea. A politician is not my lot in life and I would probably have a tough time looking at myself in the mirror if I was.

Everyone seems to have an "educated" opinion on these matters of late, mostly republicans because apparently they feel that they have the most to lose.
    Last edited by StreetHazard; 03-24-2010 at 05:52 PM.

and my inablity to really not care about your plight makes my opinions any less important than yours? If your a smart guy you will find a way to make it work, if not then you will be fed to the sharks. Capitalism at it finest

sink or swim....welcome to america
    You're a fucking retard aren't you? This isn't capitalism, this is Socialism in a capitalistic economy. Thats part of the issue.

Of course I own this.

You're a fucking retard aren't you? This isn't capitalism, this is Socialism in a capitalistic economy. Thats part of the issue.

HAHA!

We agree, still capitalism as far as I can see financially. I do enjoy your resorts to name calling though, keep it up if it makes you feel better. But I also do not fear this bogeyman called "socialism" however you choose to define it.

The word "socialist" has been so thoroughly trashed by american conservatives that it has become a permanent stigma in politics to support conservative views. But it is also why the Democratic Party remains the only viable foundation for social reform, simply because it is the only party capable of gaining power right now, and the reason why conservatives are so scared. I personally think it is time for the majority of people to seriously start thinking about these social or societal alternatives with an open mind.

Another thing to note is "real" socialists who are happy that Barack Obama has been elected president need to recognize that, while yes, electing a black man to the presidency is an awesome progressive victory, they cannot expect the victory to extend an inch past that, and also to the scared shitless, fearful conservatives. Obama is fiercely committed to the capitalist system.
    Last edited by StreetHazard; 03-25-2010 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender View Post
    It hilarious seeing all the Wingnuts get so stirred up lately. Lately you guys are getting to the point to where you can't keep your bigotry and prejudices in the closet.

If theres hate in your heart, let it out

yea really true colors are coming out...lol

Patience Pays...

I just have to say I am thoroughly enjoying this on both sides..

It's amazing how current this still is after over 15 years after his death, the world needs Bill Hicks. Damn I wish he was still around so I could hear his commentary on these matters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igvJ1Mew6Go&NR=1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -billhicks-jpg  
    Last edited by StreetHazard; 03-25-2010 at 09:53 AM.

HAHA!

We agree, still capitalism as far as I can see financially. I do enjoy your resorts to name calling though, keep it up if it makes you feel better. But I also do not fear this bogeyman called "socialism" however you choose to define it.

The word "socialist" has been so thoroughly trashed by american conservatives that it has become a permanent stigma in politics to support conservative views. But it is also why the Democratic Party remains the only viable foundation for social reform, simply because it is the only party capable of gaining power right now, and the reason why conservatives are so scared. I personally think it is time for the majority of people to seriously start thinking about these social or societal alternatives with an open mind.

Another thing to note is "real" socialists who are happy that Barack Obama has been elected president need to recognize that, while yes, electing a black man to the presidency is an awesome progressive victory, they cannot expect the victory to extend an inch past that, and also to the scared shitless, fearful conservatives. Obama is fiercely committed to the capitalist system.
    I'm not responding to much today cause I have a ton of work and a huge headache but another thing I really have a problem with, I don't give a shit what color someone is and the fact that we consider electing someone of a different color progression is part of our problem. If we would elect people because we agree with their politics maybe that would help.

Of course I own this.

I'm not responding to much today cause I have a ton of work and a huge headache but another thing I really have a problem with, I don't give a shit what color someone is and the fact that we consider electing someone of a different color progression is part of our problem. If we would elect people because we agree with their politics maybe that would help.
    I personally cannot speak for everyone that voted for him, I can only speak for myself and those reasons are my own. But someone would have to have their head buried in the sand to say his multiculturalism did not play a large role in his electability. I just view those kinds of simple reasons in this case as a positive and not a negative.
    Last edited by StreetHazard; 03-25-2010 at 12:15 PM.

Patience Pays...

The problem is there have been candidates that had legitimate Political qualifications that agreed with the politics of the majority but were not taken seriously due to the color of their skin, this is why it is progression.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I just have to say I am thoroughly enjoying this on both sides..
    here here......where's the popcorn one?

Looks like logic is winning in this thread...subscribed

But seriously, this is what I've been trying to tell my people on both sides of the coin..."if you don't take care of YOUR self and YOUR responsibilties, you're FUCKED anyway"

It won't matter who the president is and what his policies are. Chances are, YOU won't be affected if you stand the hell up and make shit happen for yourself...

The problem is there have been candidates that had legitimate Political qualifications that agreed with the politics of the majority but were not taken seriously due to the color of their skin, this is why it is progression.
    But we went from one extreme to the other. I'm not arguing Obama would or wouldn't have won if he was white, but 99% of black voters voted for him, there were numerous reports that people would go ask Obama supporters what they thought of Obama's policy on (topic) and describe the policy, but it would really be McCains, but because they said it was Obama's they were all like, Yeah Obama knows what hes doing blah blah.

They should quiz you on what you know about each person running and their policies before they accept your vote.

Really, I don't think we've progressed at all. I think we just went from one side of the spectrum to the other.

Of course I own this.

If you are not black then you probably will not understand the plight of american racism, I am not black so I will never pretend that I know. But I certainly sympathize deeply with their long struggle. What about all of the reasons alot of people did not vote for him?

"He is a radical muslim", "He is not even an american, since he was never born here". And all of the other ignorant misinformation that was spread about him regardless of his politics.

Maybe a black person that voted for him could answer this for you, I'm not going to touch it.

Patience Pays...

But we went from one extreme to the other. I'm not arguing Obama would or wouldn't have won if he was white, but 99% of black voters voted for him, there were numerous reports that people would go ask Obama supporters what they thought of Obama's policy on (topic) and describe the policy, but it would really be McCains, but because they said it was Obama's they were all like, Yeah Obama knows what hes doing blah blah.

They should quiz you on what you know about each person running and their policies before they accept your vote.

Really, I don't think we've progressed at all. I think we just went from one side of the spectrum to the other.
    It would be asinine to say that Obama's race didn't motivate black voters, one thing polls do not account for initially is voter turnout and while I don't know the figures offhand I'm pretty sure black voter turnout was larger than previous elections. With that said, Democrats get 91% of the black vote on average anyway which is another issue to me but to be taken up in another topic. Just as you would ask many of the supporters of Obama about his policy and them not knowing, voters in general are pretty uneducated about policy and process.

I was one of those volunteers for the Obama campaign early in the primaries and from my own personal experience I can tell you this, in the harshest of black neighborhoods in Winston-Salem (I mean I was nervous about being there and I'm black) for every black volunteer there were about 15 white ones, and they were highly motivated and highly supportive of his policies. These people paid their way from Arizona, Rhode Island, Texas, New York, to North Carolina to volunteer. So yeah, the media showed the black people but from my own experience the white vote was most significant in his being elected.

It would be asinine to say that Obama's race didn't motivate black voters, one thing polls do not account for initially is voter turnout and while I don't know the figures offhand I'm pretty sure black voter turnout was larger than previous elections. With that said, Democrats get 91% of the black vote on average anyway which is another issue to me but to be taken up in another topic. Just as you would ask many of the supporters of Obama about his policy and them not knowing, voters in general are pretty uneducated about policy and process.

I was one of those volunteers for the Obama campaign early in the primaries and from my own personal experience I can tell you this, in the harshest of black neighborhoods in Winston-Salem (I mean I was nervous about being there and I'm black) for every black volunteer there were about 15 white ones, and they were highly motivated and highly supportive of his policies. These people paid their way from Arizona, Rhode Island, Texas, New York, to North Carolina to volunteer. So yeah, the media showed the black people but from my own experience the white vote was most significant in his being elected.
    I can actually concur with this, I was one of the white supporters campaigning for him in some of the most shittiest neighborhoods this city has to offer, places where white people would usually only go for crack and weed, and probably still not make it out completely intact , and most of the time there was not even a single black person in our group. But I was really amazed and impressed how they let us into their homes with open arms when they found out what we were there for. It was really an awesome and important experience for me.
    Last edited by StreetHazard; 03-25-2010 at 01:14 PM.

If you are not black then you probably will not understand the plight of american racism, I am not black so I will never pretend that I know. But I certainly sympathize deeply with their long struggle. What about all of the reasons alot of people did not vote for him?

"He is a radical muslim", "He is not even an american, since he was never born here". And all of the other ignorant misinformation that was spread about him regardless of his politics.

Maybe a black person that voted for him could answer this for you, I'm not going to touch it.
    Bottom line, if they voted for him because hes black, they're no better than those who voted against him calling him a Muslim or because he was black. This may sound bad but, I don't give a shit about their struggles when it comes to a presidential election. I want everyone to vote because they believe in the policies and believe the person behind those policies will attempt to make those become reality.

If he wasn't born he here couldn't run..so I don't know why that would have been an issue.

Of course I own this.

I can actually concur with this, I was one of the white supporters campaigning for him in some of the most shittiest neighborhoods this city has to offer, places where white people would usually only go for crack and weed, and probably still not make it out completely intact , and most of the time there was not even a single black person in our group. But I was really amazed and impressed how they let us into their homes with open arms when they found out what we were there for. It was really an awesome and important experience for me.
    That isn't my point though. And perhaps 91% of blacks typically vote for Democrats, we're talking 8% of an entire ethnic group that switched. I know whites that voted because hes black. My point is race shouldn't be relevant in the least. Obama pulled a race card in his runnings talking about how he was going to "bridge the gap" and hes done nothing but widen it, in my opinion. I just honestly think he is a terrible leader and is not a good fit to lead our country. I think his ideals are honestly so contradicting to what our country was built on that its going to backfire.

I think the same at work though, I don't care if you're white black asian mexican or some race no one has ever seen before, if you do your job and do it well, I like you, if you don't and you try to bring about changes that have long term negative consequences that vastly outweigh the good ones, I'm not a fan.

Of course I own this.

That isn't my point though. And perhaps 91% of blacks typically vote for Democrats, we're talking 8% of an entire ethnic group that switched. I know whites that voted because hes black. My point is race shouldn't be relevant in the least. Obama pulled a race card in his runnings talking about how he was going to "bridge the gap" and hes done nothing but widen it, in my opinion. I just honestly think he is a terrible leader and is not a good fit to lead our country. I think his ideals are honestly so contradicting to what our country was built on that its going to backfire.

I think the same at work though, I don't care if you're white black asian mexican or some race no one has ever seen before, if you do your job and do it well, I like you, if you don't and you try to bring about changes that have long term negative consequences that vastly outweigh the good ones, I'm not a fan.
    I am not trying to convince you of anything, or sell you on my opinions. You have a right to express your own opinions and ideals as much as I do. Possibly a difference though is (tony) and I did not just bitch about it to our friends, and complain online. We went out into our communities and actually attempted to do something about it.

Maybe you should do something similar come next election.

I am not trying to convince you of anything, or sell you on my opinions. You have a right to express your own opinions and ideals as much as I do.
    I don't mind you trying to persuade me, I'm not close minded, I enjoy the debate, but I'm going to defend my opinion and I would ask you try to prove me wrong with fact or theory, but have reasons for it.

Of course I own this.

With all of the whining and complaining, I still just cannot feel the need to reconsider when all I have to do is just remember what our choices were. There is some solemn solace to be had every time I see John McCain ALIVE, and on tv! and not dead and buried how I figured he would end up just past the end of his campaign.

Remarkable! the man must use pure hate as his battery to just keep on living.

Patience Pays...

With all of the whining and complaining, I still just cannot feel the need to reconsider when all I have to do is just remember what our choices were. There is some solemn solace to be had every time I see John McCain ALIVE, and on tv! and not dead and buried how I figured he would end up just past the end of his campaign.

Remarkable! the man must use pure hate as his battery to just keep on living.
    You know.. I cannot argue with this. The Republicans had a much better candidate in Mitt Romney but the bureaucracy within the party chose McCain and all but gave the election away. I liked Romney but i guess he now figures his loss was due to him not being far right enough so he's bought into that Neo Conservative rhetoric.

You know.. I cannot argue with this. The Republicans had a much better candidate in Mitt Romney but the bureaucracy within the party chose McCain and all but gave the election away. I liked Romney but i guess he now figures his loss was due to him not being far right enough so he's bought into that Neo Conservative rhetoric.
    For me it was Sarah Palin that clinched my decision, an obvious and severe roadblock. Noway...no....fucking....way, and my fear that McCain looked as if he could clutch his chest, keel over and die at any given moment. And the heavy-handed, tactless way he whipped her out like a wild-card.

"Well you democrats have this fresh-faced inexperienced black guy as your front runner, so I raise you an inexperienced breeding christian young white woman"

Fuck you McCain

Fuck you.......
    Last edited by StreetHazard; 03-25-2010 at 06:02 PM.

For me it was Sarah Palin that clinched my decision, an obvious and severe roadblock. Noway...no....fucking....way, and my fear that McCain looked as if he could clutch his chest, keel over and die at any given moment. And the heavy-handed, tactless way he whipped her out like a wild-card.

"Well you democrats have this fresh-faced inexperienced black guy as your front runner, so I raise you an inexperienced breeding christian young white woman"

Fuck you McCain

Fuck you.......
    What really was bad was that McCain campaigned saying that Obama was too inexperienced for the job. And then he brought in Palin - even less experienced. He shot himself in the foot.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

i drive a giant blueberry preferredduck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    God bless John boehner, I'm glad he had the balls to say what he did.

Dems are fucked, I will take any bet with any liberal that unemployment will rise as taxes and businesses run for the hills to save their business. I will bet this raises premiums, I will bet it puts private insurances out of business. This is a step toward single payer and a power grab

it will be repealed IMO by 2014 or we will be so broke and unemployed it won't matter
    you are wrong about the insuance companies going under, who do you think wrote the bill the tooth fairy, lol. j/k. they see that 47 million americans times $150/month equals more profit. they want everyone to buy insurance and the stocks for the major companies that have their hands in the cookie jar with medicare and medicaid already had a nice increase on monday, probably alot of poloticians invested in it before it becomes too big.
    Check out my for sale threads!! 15" competition speakerbox, 1TB External hard drive, and plenty of car parts!!!

I Need some WRX, 350Z, 240SX, Really any car owner to let me do R&D for Ground Kits, Please Let me See the layouts!!!

i drive a giant blueberry preferredduck's Avatar

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcp...r-debates_news

found this video very interesting, ron paul was on fox news with judge napaletano(however it's spelled) just watched the clip and he is drafting a 1 page bill so it's clear and understandable on healthcare. i'll see if i can get a link.

another interesting video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTXBO...layer_embedded

and the story

Here’s one – during an August 2009 demonstration in Mehville, Missouri, Obamacare opponents were locked out of a town hall meeting before Union thugs viciously attacked patriot and Tea Party activist Kenneth Gladney, who was handing out Gadsen flags outside the stage-managed event, while hurling racist insults.

“Kenneth was attacked on the evening of August 6, 2009 at Rep. Russ Carnahan’s town hall meeting in South St. Louis County,” wrote Gladney’s attorney, David B. Brown, in an email sent to Infowars. “Kenneth was approached by an SEIU representative as Kenneth was handing out ‘Don’t Tread on Me’ flags to other conservatives. The SEIU representative demanded to know why a black man was handing out these flags. The SEIU member used a racial slur against Kenneth, then punched him in the face. Kenneth fell to the ground. Another SEIU member yelled racial epithets at Kenneth as he kicked him in the head and back. Kenneth was also brutally attacked by one other male SEIU member and an unidentified woman. The three men were clearly SEIU members, as they were wearing T-shirts with the SEIU logo.”

Brown characterized the attack on Gladney, who was hospitalized with multiple injuries, as “a truly senseless hate crime,” but you wouldn’t have heard anything about it on MSNBC the next day, because it wasn’t carried out by Tea Party members, it was an attack by pro-Obamacare thugs furious at people for using their free speech to express opinions which differed to their own.

WHO is the SEIU you ask, well http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service...national_Union seems there are many twists and turns in our country now.
    Check out my for sale threads!! 15" competition speakerbox, 1TB External hard drive, and plenty of car parts!!!

I Need some WRX, 350Z, 240SX, Really any car owner to let me do R&D for Ground Kits, Please Let me See the layouts!!!

Is that story all you have to justify the hate-mongering notoriously perpetrated by these "tea-baggers"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTXBO...layer_embedded

Obviously there are men above him with union shirts pushing him around and yelling at him but I don't see the "savage beating" as portrayed by many articles in the conservative press and blogosphere. The Hill erroneously reported that Gladney had been "hospitalized" after being "attacked." As you can see from the video, Gladney was not "hospitalized." but rushed away by ambulance instead, as the Post-Dispatch correctly reported, Gladney "said he sought hospital treatment." but he obviously did not need it.

It is a crime none the less but he just got scuffed up a bit, everything else is an exaggeration. The story probably was not widely picked up by other media sources exactly for that reason. Not because of any right-wing, Alex Jones, media conspiracy theory.

"in an email sent to Infowars" instantly marks it as questionable.

Is it just me or does the tea-party movement look like a civil rights protest staged by white people? Maybe I will be the only one that will laugh at the irony when they start getting sprayed with water hoses.
    Last edited by StreetHazard; 03-26-2010 at 09:40 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast