11 26.19%
  • George W. Bush

8 19.05%
  • Barry Obama

2 4.76%

Thread: Who Is your favorite President out of the last 8

Default Who Is your favorite President out of the last 8

Rate who is your favorite past or present president

Voted Bush because I am too young to remember much of Reagan's presidency.

HW Bush was a disaster and rode in on the coat tails of Reagan combined with a weak democrat opponent.

Clinton gets more credit than he deserves. Most of that credit should go to Congress and to Gingrich in particular.

To this point, Obama has been a complete joke and even the hardcore dems are jumping ship as fast as they can.

Blender has already voted as I see a vote for Jimmy Carter. No one else on this board is so blindly democrat and liberal.

I was also a little too young to remember much of Regan but I have since learned of what he did and did lots of studying and IMO he was the best. Not to mention he followed who is now the second biggest joke of a President of all time (Carter) and managed to pull us out of the tangled mess that Carter created.

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

Somebody else is your huckleberry when it comes to Jimmy Carter. And just to prove that to you, I voted for Gerald Ford just now. Not because I really think he's the best president, but because I resent the premise of this poll.

My favorite was Reagan next would be George w. Bush

Reagan I think was the last truly great president we had

George w. I think did what he thought was necessary to keep us safe and he did very well 7/8 years. Unemployment was 4% , Dow (although artificial) was at 14000, rich got richer poor got richer

Now of course a lot of that came crashing down at the end so it's subjective. But we were safe and most of the country was employed

Clinton I think you need to give him credit for being bipartisan and hind sight 20/20 I would trade Obama for Clinton any day of the week. Of course having a proactive gingrich helped engage Clinton .

Obama and Carter are the worst by far (Obama still has 3 years to turn it around)
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Reagan was the best in my time.

Obama by far has been the worst and he's just starting...
    NO ADVERTISING

-IA MANAGEMENT

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

Unless you're strictly going by the accomplishments of the President's listed, this really isn't fruitful. The huge majority of this site was either barely born or not even born when Reagan was Prez, let alone any of his predecessors. Hail, as far as I know, only PunkR6 and I were around when all the listed Presidents were in office. Like Vteckidd, for example. He says Reagan was his favorite. He was about 7 when Regan left office.

Sorry for that, lolol. I'm assuming this is for just accomplishments, yes? Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Public Enemy #1

Why cant we see the votes. I really really want to make fun of the person who voted for Obama.

Also I voted W. Bush. Now at my age, I was born when the first bush went into office, and lived through those after. Clintion was not a huge fuck up like obama was. To me his bad move was 91/92 first World Trade center bombing, and turned around with a Peace Treaty as a result. Bush dealt with more than any one president has in along time. He had the largest terrorist attack on home soil in history to deal with, while also creating jobs, adding very little to the national debt, and sticking to his guns.

Bush adding "very little" to national debt?

The bullshit is piling up here... hooooooo boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender View Post

In 1 year Obama has added more to the national debt than Bush did in any 4 year span of his presidency. So I guess you could say Bush added very little to the national debt in comparison to Obama.

Article from 2004, it seems dems have really changed their tune since then.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/02/03/bush.budget/

Public Enemy #1

Watch this you might actually learn something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5yxFtTwDcc

Bush lead a war for 7 years, to only spend that amount. So in comparison yes he spent very little. Obama on the other hand is taking the war to other area's, then still spending in other area's, on top of giving money away.

Obama spent more this year than ANY OTHER PRESIDENT COMBINED.

Bush dealt with Hurricane Katrina, 9/11, 2 wars, expansion of Govt, etc and didnt spend near what Obama has spent (And BUSH did TARP at the END of his presidency).

Again you need to educate yourself.

But im sure your response will be that OBAMA had to spend money because it was all Bushs fault. But thats NOT the argument.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Obama spent more this year than ANY OTHER PRESIDENT COMBINED.

Bush dealt with Hurricane Katrina, 9/11, 2 wars, expansion of Govt, etc and didnt spend near what Obama has spent (And BUSH did TARP at the END of his presidency).

Again you need to educate yourself.

But im sure your response will be that OBAMA had to spend money because it was all Bushs fault. But thats NOT the argument.
    ding ding ding, We have a winner.
    Quote Originally Posted by cprtyler View Post
    bump wish had the cash for a tranny
    Epic Foxbody Thread Crew Member #01

1.) I thought Bush was supposed to be against the expansion of gov't? Oh, right he responded to a crisis by creating a cabinet department.

2.) Bush entered office with a surplus, which he then wasted as a stimulus check. He should have used that money when/where it was actually needed.

3.) Iraq was completely un-necessary to the objective of fighting Al Qaeda. So all that Iraq spending was waste.

4.) Whether or not he did TARP at the beginning or end of his presidency, it still stands to reason that TARP is W's policy.

As for Obama's spending, you do have a point about how he's spent more than any other president, but since the previous administration pretty much caused a new Great Depression with all the de-regulation and predatory trading I can see the need for it.

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodge® View Post
    Unless you're strictly going by the accomplishments of the President's listed, this really isn't fruitful. The huge majority of this site was either barely born or not even born when Reagan was Prez, let alone any of his predecessors. Hail, as far as I know, only PunkR6 and I were around when all the listed Presidents were in office. Like Vteckidd, for example. He says Reagan was his favorite. He was about 7 when Regan left office.

Sorry for that, lolol. I'm assuming this is for just accomplishments, yes? Later, QD.
    we old ....
    NO ADVERTISING

-IA MANAGEMENT

i voted for dubya. he kept us safe for 8 years from terrorists, homos, hippies, and rap music. we may have been financially fucked, but at least we were safe.
    Drillin' switches on them bitches!

Ridin' So Low...

It's for accomplishments mainly. You can respect and appreciate a president regardless of whether or not you existed. I wasn't alive for Nixon, but I appreciate what he did for this country.

1.) I thought Bush was supposed to be against the expansion of gov't? Oh, right he responded to a crisis by creating a cabinet department.
    I didn't like the police state bush was moving toward but it was the price to pay to feel secure IMO. I never said I was a fan of the expansion of govt under him, but in fairness it wasn't about entitlements and handouts it was homeland security.

2.) Bush entered office with a surplus, which he then wasted as a stimulus check. He should have used that money when/where it was actually needed.
    this is complete bullshit absorbed by the left. Clinton reduced the Deficit, he didn't create a surplus.

A surplus would assume you had no debt to begin with. If you owe 5 trillion, and after one year you owe 4 trillion, does that mean you have 1 trillion surplus now? Not really. It's not a credit card.

Furthermore if you want to use the liberal statistics at most it was 230billion. Bush cut checks in the forms of tax breaks to middle class, while mediocre, still worked, then 9/11 hit. You know his first budget,like Obama, doesn't go into effect until October?

3.) Iraq was completely un-necessary to the objective of fighting Al Qaeda. So all that Iraq spending was waste.
    revisionist history. We didn't go to Iraq to fight alqaeda. 80%+ congress approved the war with bush yet they all get a free pass.

We went to Iraq because saddam defied the un for 12 years, threatened us, supplied or provided haven for al qaeda , we had intel there was WMDs there, bush wanted a democractic country in the region to try and infect capitalism into the area to turn the Islamic regimists away from violence.

4.) Whether or not he did TARP at the beginning or end of his presidency, it still stands to reason that TARP is W's policy.
    You missed the point. He did TARP at the end of his presidency. Like September 2008 (election was nov). Meaning he tacked on 800 billion in his last 3 months lol imagine if he had nit don't that. Compared to Obama he spent very very little
    As for Obama's spending, you do have a point about how he's spent more than any other president, but since the previous administration pretty much caused a new Great Depression with all the de-regulation and predatory trading I can see the need for it.
    again liberal leftist crap. So Barney frank and Chris dodd and Fannie and Freddie had nothiv to do with this at all? Republicans wanting regulation in 2002-2004 with cspan vids to back it up don't mean anything I guess.

Bush fault was artificially keeping interest rates low with the fed. That's it the rest was your dems trying to give everyone a loan to buy votes
    -www.usedbarcode.net

LizBiz eats Carpet! bdydrpdmazda's Avatar

dang, i expected to be the only one to vote for George W bush, he had balls...

again liberal leftist crap. So Barney frank and Chris dodd and Fannie and Freddie had nothiv to do with this at all? Republicans wanting regulation in 2002-2004 with cspan vids to back it up don't mean anything I guess.

Bush fault was artificially keeping interest rates low with the fed. That's it the rest was your dems trying to give everyone a loan to buy votes
    Also, don't forget it Clinton was big on creating a program for homeowners, it was Clinton's administration that had us doing sub-prime loans in the first place. He wanted everyone to have a house, even if they couldn't afford it.

W got stuck cleaning up that mess, also, let's not forget, W was only president 8 months before 9/11. What this means, is he was too new to do anything really about it. It was Clinton's administration which reduced the military and reduced intelligence operations so that we were vulnerable to an attack in the first place. Liberals are quick to blame everyone but themselves with no facts to back their claims up.

Just sayin...... lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -funny-jpg  
    THAT'S MY JAM!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Octopus™ View Post
    what do you have against Old Navy? What did Old Navy do to you? You should have had your gift reciept for your return you ghostfaced bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesClues View Post
    Just sayin...... lol
    What are you just saying? Someone with a cardboard sign, a black marker and a print out of Bush makes that true? People do the same with Obama, they did that with Reagan. Probably with Clinton and Bush 1, I don't know I can't remember. Doesn't make it a true statement.

Patience Pays...

I've stopped responding and just started quoting previous posts cause its the same crap with every thread.

Average Federal Deficit as a Percentage of GDP, by Administration
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -fed-rev-spend-2008-boc-c3-all-recent-administrations-ran-up-gif  

Patience Pays...

And since we're crowning Presidents we have no experience with why stop with the previous 8? I'm just laughing at this cause my whole semester is dedicated to the Presidents ranging from FDR up to Obama, its obvious partisanship is the motivation for many of the opinions here and not objective opinion.

As far as the spending goes you can draw parallels between Hoover and Roosevelt to H.W Bush and Obama. Very similar times and similar personalities, the difference was that Roosevelt didn't care for bipartisanship and was more of a leader. Personally I can't say who my favorite President has been, I feel I have a good wealth of knowledge but I need to study more in depth to get a good grasp on who I'd say I liked the most. Off the top of my head I'd say Lyndon Johnson but the handling of Vietnam stops me short of saying so. JFK wasn't proactive enough in the civil rights movement, more than anyone Robert Kennedy appealed to me most as a politician and I feel he would have been legendary.

Lincoln was amazing in his own respect and I put him there at the top, the man had no military experience but Presided over the most pivotal military conflict of this country's history.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    And since we're crowning Presidents we have no experience with why stop with the previous 8? I'm just laughing at this cause my whole semester is dedicated to the Presidents ranging from FDR up to Obama, its obvious partisanship is the motivation for many of the opinions here and not objective opinion.

As far as the spending goes you can draw parallels between Hoover and Roosevelt to H.W Bush and Obama. Very similar times and similar personalities, the difference was that Roosevelt didn't care for bipartisanship and was more of a leader. Personally I can't say who my favorite President has been, I feel I have a good wealth of knowledge but I need to study more in depth to get a good grasp on who I'd say I liked the most. Off the top of my head I'd say Lyndon Johnson but the handling of Vietnam stops me short of saying so. JFK wasn't proactive enough in the civil rights movement, more than anyone Robert Kennedy appealed to me most as a politician and I feel he would have been legendary.

Lincoln was amazing in his own respect and I put him there at the top, the man had no military experience but Presided over the most pivotal military conflict of this country's history.
    Erroneous points. This was just a poll to say who you liked more. Tony, it is irrelevant to go past Nixon, and even Nixon maybe pushing it a little bit. The rest have all been alive in most of our lifetimes, Nixon dying in 1994. I assume most people were alive in 1994 or sooner. That is what made me chose those 8. You can like them from a personal standard, or a political standard, it is not specific. It is just a fun poll to tell who you like more. You don't have to come in here with this whole high and mighty attitude and take it back to that. I know history too. In a nutshell, LBJ was an idiot, part of the reason he didn't get re-eleceted. JFK didn't do enough, he also wasn't alive very long to accomplish much in his presidency. As far as Lincoln, he's 100 years before Kennedy. I'm glad you are getting an education, but if you want to share, make it relevant to the post.

Patience Pays...

Quote Originally Posted by Justin51982 View Post
    Erroneous points. This was just a poll to say who you liked more. Tony, it is irrelevant to go past Nixon, and even Nixon maybe pushing it a little bit. The rest have all been alive in most of our lifetimes, Nixon dying in 1994. I assume most people were alive in 1994 or sooner. That is what made me chose those 8. You can like them from a personal standard, or a political standard, it is not specific. It is just a fun poll to tell who you like more. You don't have to come in here with this whole high and mighty attitude and take it back to that. I know history too. In a nutshell, LBJ was an idiot, part of the reason he didn't get re-eleceted. JFK didn't do enough, he also wasn't alive very long to accomplish much in his presidency. As far as Lincoln, he's 100 years before Kennedy. I'm glad you are getting an education, but if you want to share, make it relevant to the post.
    No you want you your post to be relevant when it really isn't, as QD said our generation has personal experience with maybe 4 of those Presidents the rest are speculative, my point being if you're going to speculate then why limit to those previous eight. See my criticisms or accolades go further than just "LBJ was an idiot," I care more for their political philosophy, their ability to lead and inspire, actual policy and not drummed up opinion filtered through mind numbing partisanship. How did Truman handle his position when Roosevelt passed, the parallels between H.W Bush and how he was a contrast to Reagan, Clinton's confrontation with a Republican congress which led to the shut down of the government.. that is how you assess a president not whether or not they appealed to your own political ideals.

voted bush sr. and for all those that voted for clinton you should know bush sr. is the one that setup his easy breeze presidency and that also during the internet boom which is the result of the great economy in the mid to late 90's....not clinton.

oh and clinton is the one that allowed all the banks to give loans to ratards out there which is why we are where we are at this time in our great economy.

clinton did nothing except accomplish how to perfectly smoke a cigar

Quote Originally Posted by S2KJD View Post
    clinton did nothing except accomplish how to perfectly smoke a cigar
    Actually thats probably the one thing I'd disagree with him on. The thought of a Monica-flavored cigar is just repulsing.

Huck....gatch... bleeeeeck..urp....buuuuuuuuiiiiiickkkk.

Clean-up on asile 4.

Ok, I feel better now.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I've stopped responding and just started quoting previous posts cause its the same crap with every thread.

Average Federal Deficit as a Percentage of GDP, by Administration
    Thats n interesting graph, although with all statistics its easy to skew your point by posting abstract data.

However, if we went SOLELY by that graph, Reagan did spend A LOT but look at what we got out of it?

to use OBAMAs words, he INHERITED massive inflation and unemployment and turned it around. You cant possibly compare Reagans spending with Obamas. Reagan was very anti government take over and very pro captalism. he grew business which spurred us out of the Carter administrations debacle.

George H W Bush had a war and was only in office for 4 years. To compare someones 8 year term to a 4 year is a little ambiguous IMO. What killed BUSH SR was "NO NEW TAXES", nothing else.

Clinton did very well, but only because he had a PRO-ACTIVE congress in Newt Gingrich with Contract with America. I think if anything we have learned that a DEM President willing to be bipartisan with a REpublcan ACTIVE congress does well. Both sides need to exchange IDEAS not push their own ideology.

Obama must be off the chart, in his first year, but lets see how the rest of it goes. I think having Obama in the poll is also wrong because we havent given him 4 years to see what happens. I already dislike what i see, but fair is fair
    -www.usedbarcode.net

the DOTCOM boom happened under Clinton because of BUSH SR policies, but it was a bubble that burst UNDER CLINTON that manifested itself in BUSH JRs presidency.

Often W gets saddled with a recession early on in his presidency, when in reality it was Clinton that let that happen under his watch.

If you are going to say te housing bubble was artificial under Bush, please include the DotCOM Bubble for Clinton
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Oh and looking at Deficit vs GDP is ambiguous at best, do you really think the countrys GDP has stayed the same since Kennedy? Its an interesting graph, but theres ALOT of holes in it

Why not account for inflation as well because obviously dollars in 1970 arent the same as 2000.

That graph is missing one critical element. You need to compare apples to apples.

The current GDP number is NOT like past numbers. It is far more leveraged on top of debt than past GDP numbers!

What do I mean?!?

Consider that a great portion of the GDP numberis based on borrowing for homes and borrowing against homes. An additional portion was generated as part of a fancy racketeering cycle involving GM and Ford catalyzing their own loan volumes.

So the GDP number is INFLATED by credit already!

It follows that the "deficit percent of GDP" is actually far more leveraged than in the past, because the GDP number itself is SOOOOOOOOO leveraged!

The real percent of GDP is actually much higher, were it not for the credit inflation of the GDP base!

If you look at BUSH vs OBAMA you see BUSH had a SURPLUS from clinton, kept it through 01, spent alot (because of 9./11), then regined it back in until 2008 when housing crashed.

Look at OBAMA projected

-www.usedbarcode.net

Patience Pays...

the DOTCOM boom happened under Clinton because of BUSH SR policies, but it was a bubble that burst UNDER CLINTON that manifested itself in BUSH JRs presidency.

Often W gets saddled with a recession early on in his presidency, when in reality it was Clinton that let that happen under his watch.

If you are going to say te housing bubble was artificial under Bush, please include the DotCOM Bubble for Clinton
    I absolutely agree here, some candidates are handed a golden presidency and I believe Clinton received just that. Just as a perfect storm can ruin a Presidency it can also set up for a good one.

Looks like Reagan is the winner of this, at least thus far.