Thread: Pelosi conceeds she doesn't have the votes

Default Pelosi conceeds she doesn't have the votes

Pelosi just released a statement saying she doesn't have the votes to even pass the senate version of healthcare.

Boooom headshot

healthcare is dead back to the drawing board

Victory!
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Sweeet!!!!!!

2013 Corsa Blue Optima SX 2.0T

Victory in what sense? Please just answer, I'm not here to debate or question opinions. I'm on a committee that is working through this "issue" and like to take in all views.

Thanks in advance,.

Quote Originally Posted by AirMax95 View Post
    Victory in what sense? Please just answer, I'm not here to debate or question opinions. I'm on a committee that is working through this "issue" and like to take in all views.

Thanks in advance,.
    I'm for healthcare reform, not takeover or replacement

nothing in the dems bills addressed the rising costs of healthcare, it taxed some people while exempting others based upon back door deals, it had some form of public option which I'm against, did nothing to lessen malpractice insurance or frivolous lawsuits, the voters are overwhelmingly against it

Th fact that it's dead is a victory in my eyes

they needed to start over and be bipartisan and the republicans better not blow this and really come up with some good ideas
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Public Enemy #1

Quote Originally Posted by AirMax95 View Post

Thanks in advance,.
    Victory, without a doubt. Victory for the senior citizen's. Victory for people who dont want to pay more taxes for people who dont have healthcare. Victory for small/medium businesses. Victory for not adding another 1.5-2 trillion to the national debt. Etc.

Now for your rebuttle as to without this bill...such and such is hurt or not going to happen.

Yeah I Mean the whole bill was crap. The cost estimatEs were Bullshit and rigged

It had taxes being collected 3-4 years before the actual plan went into action

It raised taxes on the middle class

it raised fines on the middle class

it cut benefits for seniors

it added even more money to the deficit

I don't know about you but I don't trust congress with 100$ let alone 1-1.5trillion and 1/6th of our economy
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    I'm for healthcare reform, not takeover or replacement

the republicans better not blow this and really come up with some good ideas
    QFT

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

I'm glad the Senate bill died because I didn't agree with the fines and mandates either.

I'm hoping that the majority can get past the "What would Mitt Romney do?" course they have been taking and come up with workable public healthcare. The polls show a majority of Americans are more in favor of a "Medicare for all" type arrangement than either the Senate or House plans.

http://www.consumerwatchdog.org/resources/PollMemo.pdf

I for one and happy about this. Let's hope the deal is done and buried. However, I don't think we've seen the last of Obamacare.

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender View Post
    I'm glad the Senate bill died because I didn't agree with the fines and mandates either.

I'm hoping that the majority can get past the "What would Mitt Romney do?" course they have been taking and come up with workable public healthcare. The polls show a majority of Americans are more in favor of a "Medicare for all" type arrangement than either the Senate or House plans.

In case you havent noticed, medicare is being destroyed by fraud and mismanagement. Why would ANYONE that has even the slightest clue want that? The fraud in medicare/medicaid alone costs more than either the house or senate bills on a yearly basis.

BTW, your survey is a year old. Why not try finding something a little more recent.

this made me really happy...
    NO ADVERTISING

-IA MANAGEMENT

i really need to keep up wit wtf is going on..
    this is alll spanish to me..

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender View Post

And you talk about other polls being slanted .

Directly from the Grove insight web page:

Lisa Grove created Grove Insight because she was tired of seeing progressive candidates and causes stuck with outdated research methods, unintelligible reports and a one-size-fits-all approach to polling. In her view, there was simply too much at stake.

Grove Insight is the lead pollster for Project New West (PNW). This organization, headed by leading Democrats in the region, is designed to understand and harness the new realities of the American West.