Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can someone please tell me......

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Rhetoric from both sides, I thought that whole thing was bullshit.
    Something I think we can all agree on. The TARP, the stimulus, and all of the other so called jobs plans have proven to be nothing more than congress spending money we dont have, just to say they are doing something.

I responded to your posts and said that i still didn't see where the gov't forces us to buy anything

Patience Pays...

Quote Originally Posted by One_Bad_SHO View Post
    Really? The war was in a VERY different state than it was when Bush was President. Iraq is a hell of a lot more stable now than it was a year ago. Obama has nothing to do with the fact that there were no battle related casualties. Its the nature of the beast. Under Bush, we cleaned house.
    The commander in chief has nothing to do with military operations? This has now moved into asinine bickering rather than thought provoking conversation when that rationale is presented. "Its the nature of the beast".. yeah cause its normal for war zones to go an entire month without combat related fatalities.

Quote Originally Posted by BABY J View Post
    I see why I stay out of here now - you people are funny. You talk for 10 pages - yet NO ONE can be taught anything, even when it's presented in the way a 15 year old could understand. No1 is listening - every1 just talks. Fuck it. I'm ashamed that I got pulled back in here. Carry on.

It's back to the Kills-Forum and general car shit I guess.
    I went back through the last couple pages and I have yet to see what you presented except a question. When someone asked you to answer that question you point out a vast clause, but you didnt mention anything that we have to buy or face fines.

I have been thinking about this for a while and have yet to come up with anything you are forced to buy.

The commander in chief has nothing to do with military operations? This has now moved into asinine bickering rather than thought provoking conversation when that rationale is presented. "Its the nature of the beast".. yeah cause its normal for war zones to go an entire month without combat related fatalities.

I see where both of you are going with this and both of you are wrong. Yes, Iraq went a month without any combat related deaths. The simple fact of the matter is that now that the foreign fighters have left Iraq, the emphasis on killing Americans is also gone. At no point was there any emphasis, among Iraqis, to kill americans. They were interested only in sectarian fighting. From day 1 of the insurgency there, it was foreigners that had emphasis on killing Americans.

Where are those foreign fighters now? In Afghanistan were there are more deaths than at any time since early 2002.

Patience Pays...

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    The simple fact of the matter is that now that the foreign fighters have left Iraq,
    They were never there, occupy any country and they will fight plain and simple. Lets go invade Palestine and see how peaceful it is.

They were never there, occupy any country and they will fight plain and simple. Lets go invade Palestine and see how peaceful it is.
    Umm, most of those that were fighting Americans were not Iraqi. That is why the fighting fell off so fast, and started up in Asscrackistan just as quickly. Those foreign fighters followed Al Qeada leadership to Asscrackistan and Yemen after the insurgency in Iraq collapsed.

You're not understanding me. To credit him and his administration for being the reason Iraq has not had an American death in over a month is recockulous. There is NOTHING that he has done this past year thats any different than when Bush was in office that would indicate he is the reason there were no deaths for a month. He took over when Iraq was on a downslope from violence and attacks. When Bush was in office, thats when we were cleaning house. We've cleaned house and Iraq is a lot safer NOW during Obamas administration than it was during Bushs. Its just going to get better and better with time. Thats how it works... in most cases at least. Thats not hard to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    I see where both of you are going with this and both of you are wrong. Yes, Iraq went a month without any combat related deaths. The simple fact of the matter is that now that the foreign fighters have left Iraq, the emphasis on killing Americans is also gone. At no point was there any emphasis, among Iraqis, to kill americans. They were interested only in sectarian fighting. From day 1 of the insurgency there, it was foreigners that had emphasis on killing Americans.

Where are those foreign fighters now? In Afghanistan were there are more deaths than at any time since early 2002.
    That's pretty much what I was getting at. During Bushs administration we pretty much cleaned the foreign fighters out of Iraq. All Obama has done is take over and put his name on Bushs victory, per say.

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

Do Blackwater and other contractors count as "combat casualties"? Its my understanding that while we may not have as many troops in Iraq lately, there are still a lot of contractors, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender View Post
    Do Blackwater and other contractors count as "combat casualties"? Its my understanding that while we may not have as many troops in Iraq lately, there are still a lot of contractors, correct?
    Blackwater was kicked out of iraq about 2 years ago. The contractors that are there now are pretty much only convoy security and personal security.

And no, they do not count as combat casulities.

FYI: Blackwater was kicked out "on paper" only.
    "I'm not a gynecologist... but I'll take a look."

They are there as XE and Presidential Airways - as well as another "name" that I can't mention.
    "I'm not a gynecologist... but I'll take a look."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123