Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Speeder Law

Default Super Speeder Law

I don't normally post on here much but this pisses me off so much and I'm sure almost everyone on here regardless of their political persuasion can understand how ridiculous this law is. The police are already used as tax collectors and this law just makes them super tax collectors. I feel like with the amount of people on this site there is the possibility of actually getting an effort going to repeal this bullshit before it does too much damage. There are enough people on this site to make a difference, is what I am saying. I for one as a conservative (a real conservative) will never vote for anyone again that signed this bill into law. For those that haven't heard of it: http://boortz.com/nealz_nuze/2009/12...eeder-law.html
    01 Zinc Yellow Cobra
    The Mechanic: You'd have yourself a real street-sweeper here if you put a little work into it.
    G.T.O.: I go fast enough.
    The Driver: You can never go fast enough.

i HATE sonny perdue. he always looks out for the business's of GA and never the ppl.

And policeing now a days is a way to get money and not protect
    wealth is of the mind and not the pockett

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

As I did in this same topic in the WL, I laugh at all the people that have a problem with this law. I think it's great and I approve this law!

I really do. No sarcasm. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ View Post
    As I did in this same topic in the WL, I laugh at all the people that have a problem with this law. I think it's great and I approve this law!

I really do. No sarcasm. Later, QD.
    Why? Your gonna have to do better than that. I love it when my government fucks over its own citizens to make up for the taxes they already took and spent irresponsibly
    Last edited by warpd; 12-28-2009 at 07:32 PM.
    01 Zinc Yellow Cobra
    The Mechanic: You'd have yourself a real street-sweeper here if you put a little work into it.

Quote Originally Posted by warpd View Post
    Why? Your gonna have to do better than that.
    Do better than what? Later, QD.

Do better than what? Later, QD.
    That lame response that has no support for your opinion and doesn't refute any of the points raised in the article
    01 Zinc Yellow Cobra

That lame response that has no support for your opinion and doesn't refute any of the points raised in the article
    Lame response, uh? So if I would've typed out, "HELL YEAH, FUCK THAT LAW!!!" it wouldn't have been lame, right? You're not educated too much, are you? You didn't ask for any support.

Anyway, here is the main point right here. The only thing that you should answer.

Do you stand to be affected by this law?

That's pretty much it. Self-explanatory to me. Later, QD.

Lame response, uh? So if I would've typed out, "HELL YEAH, FUCK THAT LAW!!!" it wouldn't have been lame, right? You're not educated too much, are you? You didn't ask for any support.

Anyway, here is the main point right here. The only thing that you should answer.

Do you stand to be affected by this law?

That's pretty much it. Self-explanatory to me. Later, QD.
    Typically when someone expresses their support (or lack of), they automatically provide a basis for their opinion. Not just "yah thats cool with me" First of all lots of people will be affected and they don't even know it yet. Regardless there are these things called "principles" that some people still have. Even if something does not affect me I will still speak out about it if I find it to be unjust.
    01 Zinc Yellow Cobra

I like the law. It will get some of the maniacs off the roads, or at least cost them enought that maybe they slow down some.

BTW, this has nothing to do with political party or philosophy, it is a matter of pubic safety.

Waht about police who speed just cause " they can" i wonder if it will affect them to
    wealth is of the mind and not the pockett

Quote Originally Posted by leobond001 View Post
    Waht about police who speed just cause " they can" i wonder if it will affect them to

Yes, it also applies to them, whether or not another cop will enforce it is a different question all together. Dont speed and this law doesnt affect you in any way, its really that simple.

Typically when someone expresses their support (or lack of), they automatically provide a basis for their opinion. Not just "yah thats cool with me" First of all lots of people will be affected and they don't even know it yet. Regardless there are these things called "principles" that some people still have. Even if something does not affect me I will still speak out about it if I find it to be unjust.
    Why is it unjust? It doesn't bother me in the least because I don't speed like that. I won't have to pony up that extra $200. Fuck those "lots of people." Why are you worried about it? Will their extra fines come out of your paycheck? Will their extra fines hurt you ability to live and breathe? Fuck those people. The only people who would be against this new law are the ones that will be affected by it (by having to pay extra money to speed). Reasons like you state are just excuses and cop outs.

You can't tell me shit about "principles." You have no idea who I am or what I'm about. Later, QD.

okay, coorect me if im wrong bc i am not the political type but doing 75 is concidered a super speeder right? if it is then if you are on a interstate that has a set limit at 70mph, doing 75 mph is considered superspeeding? that would be the only problem i have with this law

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

Super speeder only applies to those who speed. If you don't like it, don't speed.

If you want to keep speeding, you gotta pay to play.

If you have problems with speeding and license suspensions, DUI's, racing, etc then I have no sympathy for you. You broke the law and those are the consequences. Probably 95% of IA shouldn't be on the roads in my opinion.

I am not too fond of Sonny but this is one thing he's done that I agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    okay, coorect me if im wrong
    My pleasure:

"Driving over 85 mph or more anywhere in Georgia and 75 mph or more on a two lane road will be classified as a "super speeding" offense"

Later, QD.

okay but for instance 85n towards braselton and commerce is 70(im pretty sure it is). so if someone were to get pulled over doing 75, only 5 mph over they are super speeding? or would the 85mph one apply there? bc i know that sometimes i will go over the limit by a bit with out realizing it

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    Yes, it also applies to them, whether or not another cop will enforce it is a different question all together.
    My dad knows a guy who has 30 years in with the GSP. He got a DUI recently... he thought he was above the law, but he found out that the young troopers have it in for the old timers and one cop getting another is like a trophy nowadays.

okay but for instance 85n towards braselton and commerce is 70(im pretty sure it is). so if someone were to get pulled over doing 75, only 5 mph over they are super speeding?
    85 is not a 2 lane road, so the super speeder there would be 85mph.

anyone know if since i already lost my liscense and get it back in march am i gonna get hit with this extra $100 for reinstatment..cause i think thats wrong,should only effect offenses after jan 1st.

okay but for instance 85n towards braselton and commerce is 70(im pretty sure it is). so if someone were to get pulled over doing 75, only 5 mph over they are super speeding? or would the 85mph one apply there? bc i know that sometimes i will go over the limit by a bit with out realizing it
    The Governor's Office of Highway Safety in Georgia is oh-so-proud of a new "Super Speeders" law that has now gone into effect. If you're caught doing 75 or better on a two-lane road, or 85+ on an expressway you're going to be nailed for an extra $200 in fines ... payable to the state after you've finished with the local jurisdiction.

Expressway = Interstate (I-XX or I-XXX, GA-400) Not sure about 316 since I never travel up that way, my furthest north travels up 85 end at the IceForum in Duluth.
    1999 Corolla CE & 1988 Pontiac Fiero

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender View Post
    Super speeder only applies to those who speed. If you don't like it, don't speed.

If you want to keep speeding, you gotta pay to play.

If you have problems with speeding and license suspensions, DUI's, racing, etc then I have no sympathy for you. You broke the law and those are the consequences. Probably 95% of IA shouldn't be on the roads in my opinion.

I am not too fond of Sonny but this is one thing he's done that I agree with.
    I think you better watch the generalization of the IA audience.. I for one am disgusted with this new law as we all know it's all about money and nothing else.. If law makers REALLY cared about making roads safer than they wouldn't give out licenses to every moron who can start a car..

I'm 37 years old. I drive one of the safest cars on the road. I've never had a speeding ticket AND I've never been in a accident.. I'm on IA. I guess I'm in the 5% then huh??

I think it's ridiculous that I need to drive 85 fucking miles an hour when I come to Georgia when I know my car was built for twice that and still would be safer with the right person behind the wheel than most of the piece of shit cars I've seen driving around with wheels half falling off and some chick doing her makeup on the way to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mchnhead2k5 View Post
    Expressway = Interstate (I-XX or I-XXX, GA-400) Not sure about 316 since I never travel up that way, my furthest north travels up 85 end at the IceForum in Duluth.
    316 is a divided 4 lane so it would be 85mph.

316 is one big ass speedtrap as it is. Once you get to Barrow and Oconee counties theres one cruiser posted about every 2 miles so even doing 5mph over the posted limits is asking for a ticket.

85 is not a 2 lane road, so the super speeder there would be 85mph.
    Interstate 85 has a lot of 2 lane mileage on it. Every mile above exit 120 is 2 lane all the way to the state line.

That is a good question how this law will be handled in that area. Later, QD.

man i would have to say gwin. and occ. county are a lot worse since they mostly are 55mph and all most all of barrow is 65mph

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmpsi View Post
    I think it's ridiculous that I need to drive 85 fucking miles an hour when I come to Georgia when I know my car was built for twice that and still would be safer with the right person behind the wheel than most of the piece of shit cars I've seen driving around with wheels half falling off and some chick doing her makeup on the way to work.
    Here's where you might want to rethink you're scenario. What if you are the safest person on the road? What if you are traveling down I-85 at 80mph? What if there is some chick doing her make up on the way to work?

What if she fucks up while doing so and slides into your lane? And you're doing 80+mph. Think about the different ways that could play out had you not been traveling at that speed. Later, QD.

Interstate 85 has a lot of 2 lane mileage on it. Every mile above exit 120 is 2 lane all the way to the state line.

That is a good question how this law will be handled in that area. Later, QD.
    yup that is what i ment when i was asking the first time

Here's where you might want to rethink you're scenario. What if you are the safest person on the road? What if you are traveling down I-85 at 80mph? What if there is some chick doing her make up on the way to work?

What if she fucks up while doing so and slides into your lane? And you're doing 80+mph. Think about the different ways that could play out had you not been traveling at that speed. Later, QD.

The point is that she shouldn't be behind the wheel in the first place if that's what she's doing, it wouldn't matter if she was doing 80+ or 40MPH.. if she slides into my lane it's not going to matter..

Again, if you are focused on driving, not doing makeup, not texting, not talking on the phone, not eating your lunch, there should be NO reason whatsoever you can't handle 85MPH with dry road conditions.. drop it down to 70 at night for animals.. I'm cool with that..

Interstate 85 has a lot of 2 lane mileage on it. Every mile above exit 120 is 2 lane all the way to the state line. .
    As I understand it though, 85 is 2 lanes in each direction up there... like a divided 4 lane. Correct or no?

As I understand it though, 85 is 2 lanes in each direction up there... like a divided 4 lane. Correct or no?

Yah its total lanes so a 4 lane divided highway or interstate. 2 lanes would be like a highway or state road.

if you think about it it is a divided 4 lane but you are only using or traveling on 2 so...

Yet another bs tax, I wish they would go after all the drug money floating in Georgia. But thats real police work. This law is not going to make Georgia roads safer. The local gov't needs to learn about not overspending and working with a budget.
    2006 Evo IX - Bolt ons

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmpsi View Post
    The point is that she shouldn't be behind the wheel in the first place if that's what she's doing, it wouldn't matter if she was doing 80+ or 40MPH.. if she slides into my lane it's not going to matter..
    You're right, she shouldn't. But you're missing my point. And it's evident in the latter part of your reply. It will matter of your speed. And I just saw where you have mistaken my words (or I wasn't clear on them).

Majority of the time, there females putting on make up are running around 55-60 mph. If you're traveling at 80mph, you're covering ground faster than she and (if she's ahead of you) you'll gain on here fairly quickly. Therefore if she happens to fuck up at that moment that you catch her, it's going to be fucked up. If you're driving 70mph, then you're not gaining on her as fast and if she were to fuck up at the exact same time in the scenario, you won't be right there beside her to be part of that fuck up.

Now do you see what I was getting at. It doesn't matter if you're the safest. The person next to you might not be as safe. And if a collision happens, the chances will be better for you (or anyone else) if you're speed is lower rather than higher. Later, QD.

Yes, it also applies to them, whether or not another cop will enforce it is a different question all together. Dont speed and this law doesnt affect you in any way, its really that simple.
    very truue..

should have the interstates set up like the autobahn, thats more safe..ish

Quote Originally Posted by JDMGRNAV6 View Post
    very truue..

should have the interstates set up like the autobahn, thats more safe..ish
    Not at all, that means everyone is gonna need big brake kits lol
    Deaths happen there because people are going slow compared to the faster cars all the time.
    I agree with QD, this law isnt that bad. I never go more than 80 on interstates and no more than 70 on HWY. Those speeds are reasonable to me if you want to go fast. There really isnt any reason I can think of why someone needs to go faster than that. 70 in metro ATL limits and 80 outside of it in 70mph zones. I have had a popo PARKED in the HOV lane with a car in the emergency lane next to him. I was going 85mph in my old Civic with 3 friends coming back from Barber and came around a curve with a bridges pillar blocking any sight of the DUMB ASS popo. Luckily my friend in the passenger seat just woke up and yelled as soon as he saw it. I looked to my right as quick as I could in order to change lanes in a split second. If Xa didnt awaken then we all would have been dead and probably the popo and other person from the emergency lane along with us. Damn, everytime I think about that I just wanna beat the shit out of that cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Octopus™ View Post
    yeah thats all you got cuz shortly after that picture you accepted tasteful wheels and better fitment into your life as your Lowered and Savior.

Amen.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2009/...uper-speeders/

SUPER SPEEDERS BEWARE

Effective Jan. 1, drivers convicted of driving 75 mph or faster on two-lane roads or 85 mph or faster on multilane roads in Georgia face an additional $200 fine and designation as "super speeders."

SPEEDER FINE BENEFITS

Georgia officials estimate the law will generate nearly $30 million a year for trauma care. About 60 percent of Georgia trauma center patients were involved in automobile crashes, officials said.

My guess is that a TWO-Lane road consists of ONE Lane Going Northbound/Westbound and the other lane going Southbound/Eastbound.

Multi-Lane roads 2 or more lanes going in either direction.

Where does I-85 become a Northbound/Southbound lane highway? I've driven up to NC and it's always been 2 northbound and 2 southbound lanes at least which would qualify as a multilane interstate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mchnhead2k5 View Post
    Where does I-85 become a Northbound/Southbound lane highway? I've driven up to NC and it's always been 2 northbound and 2 southbound lanes at least which would qualify as a multilane interstate.
    Huh? I-85 has always run N/S. Later, QD.

Huh? I-85 has always run N/S. Later, QD.
    He's asking when it drops dwn to 2 lanes, and it doesnt. I've driven 85 from I-10 to I-95 and its an interstate the whole way.

My biggest gripe with this law has always been the set speeds. I really think they just need to re-write the reckless driving laws and fines and have this super speeder designation be based on the legal speed. Something along the lines of 60+ on a 40mph road, and 70+ on a 50mph road is also a super speeder.

He's asking when it drops dwn to 2 lanes, and it doesnt. I've driven 85 from I-10 to I-95 and its an interstate the whole way.
    Ahh, gotcha. Yeah, it's 2 lane one way from exit 120 all the way until you reach Anderson, SC. It opens up to 3 lanes both ways through to North Carolina. Later, QD.

From the GA Drivers' Manual: This somewhat clarifies what a TWO-Lane road is.

How To Pass On A Two-Lane Road
    Wait for a passing zone to begin. A passing zone is indicated by striped lines
    to the right of the center line of the roadway. If the line nearest to your vehicle
    is solid, you are not in a passing zone. Look ahead along the roadway to
    determine the length of the passing zone and if there is traffic approaching
    from the opposite direction. You must have sufficient time and space to
    execute your passing maneuver and return your vehicle completely to the right
    lane before the passing zone ends, before entering an intersection, and before
    oncoming traffic is within 200 feet of your vehicle.

BANGIN'JIMMY: I'm with you. I think the SuperSpeeder law should just be 20+ over the posted speed limit. Who's really going to go 70 in a 35?

I don't think that clarified anything in relation to this thread, lolol. Later, QD.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast