Thread: There is still 125,000 of our guys in IRAQ

Default There is still 125,000 of our guys in IRAQ

so it's been over a year since OBAMA was elected, He ran on change and" NO MORE BUSH ". And yet we still have over 125,000 troops in IRAQ. He's put more in Afganistan and gonna add more....

will the madness ever end ?
    NO ADVERTISING

-IA MANAGEMENT

IA's Pervert

I like seeing the Obama bumper stickers that say "bring our troops home" haha

Empty promises left and right. He said what people wanted to hear so he would get elected, but that's about it.
    UGA: Everybody is laughing at us this year.

What did you really expect ?

I'm not big into this section, but I felt the image was appropriate. Proves to me that any President tells the public what they want to hear, and then doesn't really do anything. And for the record, I am not a Bush fan, it's just funny to me.

1993 240SX single cam

Obama has said from the beginning that the troop draw down in iraq would take 16
    + months. It should start to ramp up around April and continue through the end of August.

Quote Originally Posted by nreggie454 View Post
    Empty promises left and right. He said what people wanted to hear so he would get elected, but that's about it.
    dont they always? surprised? its been happening since the beginning of time, y get mad now?

we think the economy is bad now, imagine another 125,000 ppl coming back from overseas.... they will come first and take a lot of jobs from people.......

Public Enemy #1

No Obama did not lie to you guys...he just did what all democrats do, only tell you half of the story. He said he was going to have all troops out of Iraq by a certain time...he said nothing about Afgan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach'N'U View Post
    No Obama did not lie to you guys...he just did what all democrats do, only tell you half of the story. He said he was going to have all troops out of Iraq by a certain time...he said nothing about Afgan.
    Exactly....and the military has known this well before it was announced on the news.

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by Jdm94Coupe View Post
    we think the economy is bad now, imagine another 125,000 ppl coming back from overseas.... they will come first and take a lot of jobs from people.......

i doubt that will happen. ive been home from iraq sine feb 09 and still havent found a job
    2001 Turbo Lexus IS300
    *Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran*

Quote Originally Posted by punkr6 View Post
    so it's been over a year since OBAMA was elected, He ran on change and" NO MORE BUSH ". And yet we still have over 125,000 troops in IRAQ. He's put more in Afganistan and gonna add more....

Okay what my hypothesis is on why Obama has not brought our troops home in defiance of what he said when he was campaigning is because once Obama got into office he learned alot more about the situation in Iraq than what he knew when he was campaigning so whatever the new information was that he learned, it obviously made him change his position about Iraq so hes going to keep the troops there until he learns that they are not needed there any more.

Life begins at 6000 RPMS.. You will notice an audible change in engine noise, large increase in acceleration and any female passengers will immidiately start to remove their clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by punkr6 View Post

As of September of this year. There were 280,000 Soldiers alone in Iraq, Afghanistan and neighboring countries. Add in the 1to1 ratio of Contractors and that number is 522,230.

At it's peak, the war in Viet Nam had just over 500,000 troops. But very few Contractors. So basically, this is our generations Viet Nam.

These figures came from the Congressional Research Service based on September Figures.

Scary.

Garage-Sixgun
    If you're gonna do it, overdo it.

Dirty Octopus Photography. Magic with a shutter!

LizBiz eats Carpet! bdydrpdmazda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jdm94Coupe View Post
    I guess we should all just stay here so that your job will be safe.

Active duty soldiers will have no need to get jobs when they get back and Reserve/Guard soldiers have the jobs they had before deployment protected for them so they are also not taking any ones job. Your statement makes no sense at all.

And the economy will only get better when 125,000 people come back to the states to spend money on american goods that are in america.

LizBiz eats Carpet! bdydrpdmazda's Avatar

The massive reduction for troops here in Iraq is already in the works and we have dates for when it will happen and its not far away. we will go from 125,000 all the way down to about 30,000 in a very short amount of time.

Im far from an Obama supporter but I do feel that he is doing the right thing thus far as it pertains to the wars here in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Quote Originally Posted by carguy07 View Post
    I'm not big into this section, but I felt the image was appropriate. Proves to me that any President tells the public what they want to hear, and then doesn't really do anything. And for the record, I am not a Bush fan, it's just funny to me.

+10000 I'm sorry but the BS that's going on with health care and giving billions and billions to companies that should have died a long time ago (GMAC) would never have happened under Bush..

Everyone (well almost) thought that Obama was going to get in and they would have everything given to them on a silver platter because it was SOOOO SOOOO bad under Bush.. Let me tell you, it's a lot worse under Obama and it's only going to get worse..

So basically your telling me that while the rest of my brothers are serving and finally come home your mad they are going to take the jobs? And trust me the withdrawal from Iraq has been in the works. We are packing our gear up and shipping it elsewhere... its easy to speak on an opinion rather than experience. Im an Obama supporter but what he is doing is the right thing. Just deal with it. And if your scared we are gonna take your job then dont suck so bad at it and you shouldnt have shit to worry about.
    PIC TOO BIG

Patience Pays...

I think what will be left in Iraq in late 2010 will be units to sustain and/or move equipment and not a whole lot more. I know where I am headed is mainly Guard and Reserve, the active duty guys have gone where the fight is.

Public Enemy #1

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I think what will be left in Iraq in late 2010 will be units to sustain and/or move equipment and not a whole lot more. I know where I am headed is mainly Guard and Reserve, the active duty guys have gone where the fight is.
    Wrong on your last part. A friend of mine is in the National Guard and he's on his 4th tour in the middle east right now. Been there for a few months and has just under a year to go!

Patience Pays...

Wrong on your last part. A friend of mine is in the National Guard and he's on his 4th tour in the middle east right now. Been there for a few months and has just under a year to go!
    I'm saying in general, our unit has Airmen in Kandahar but our AEF as a Unit is to Iraq, of course there are exceptions.

there will still be plenty there for years to come, we will have a permanent base there from now on just like in germany, korea, and japan as well as otherswe will be there from now on, may not be a fighting force but for those that think they're all coming home and we're out of iraq for good you are sadly mistaken

if you're career military, it will be a normal tour just like the above mentioned are
    00 GSR 13.33@114 (355/304), 92 LX 5.0(twin somethings), 02 MTI(TX) ZO7 427 (540/518)sold, bmw 318w/2jz(driftn), 93 Supra TT Hardtop, 04 ford excursion, 55 chevy cruiser

MabletonSpeedShop member

MCE Mafia supporting member
    honored to be MCE Dec'08 rotm
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RNQN9i4Be-kvette mtn run
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjgbxbGyN5A poopra 1st 9sec 1/4

Certified Gearhead

^^i was thinkin the same thing. we was goign to set up permanent duty stations in iraq and in afgan.. we already have stations in kuwait and others over there.
    2001 Turbo Lexus IS300
    *Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran*

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/...raq.us.deaths/

according to this article there were no deaths last month... so even if there are still soldiers over there there's some good news as well
    when will this all be over? who knows, for now everyone should just worry about the important things in life; like who has the biggest lcd tv orrr which celebrity has put themselves out there to be made fun of...
    top 5

"get with the Gs, or get on yo knees"