Thread: copenhagen treaty?

IA's bass guy

Default copenhagen treaty?

whats everyones opinions on this treaty...... that are lovely president .......signed....i want to hear both sides of the story,
    99 tahoe, build in progress

Whats your opinion? Are you against the treaty just because Obama was for it?

I for one think its a great step, even if its not much of an improvement over the Kyoto agreement. While the treaty may not actually accomplish much, at least we're making our stance as a superpower known to developing nations that sustainability is a global issue, not a burden to be suffered by modernized nations and abused by 'developing nations'.
    02 WRX Sport Wagon

The whole convention is a joke, along with the "science" they are using.

IA's bass guy

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post

agreed.

yes
    Matthew Brueck
    iTrack Motorsports

www.itrackms.com

Quote Originally Posted by matthewAPM View Post
    yes
    Quote Originally Posted by imprtguy_94 View Post
    agreed.
    I'm also loving the fact that you're inviting a debate and replying with one word answers.

So what do you not like about it? Do you think that international diplomatic conventions are an outdated mode of policy interchange? What are your real issues, you're bitching but you cant even articulate what your issues are with the treaty.
    02 WRX Sport Wagon

people dont like it because the theory of global warming killing the planet is assinine. Its a fucking solar cycle that warms and cools the earth. If the scientists did all the research and showed all of it the EPA would have been killed off years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey do me a favor real quick jump back into the gene pool i have some chlorine tablets i wanna try out!!!!!!

Well so if global warming is all a lie, should we still continue to pollute the earth? There's more to this conference than just talks of global warming.

A good example of this treaty is this:
    You know how if you dont mop your floors/vacuum your carpets they get all grungy and are hard to clean up when you get around to it? Well imagine you didnt clean them for 40 years and then some day you decide to sell your house. You can either clean your floors for the next family to live there, and it will be hard because of all the grime built up, or you can leave it as their problem as the future residents of your house. No doubt the next residents will resent you for trashing up their house and will have to work doubly hard to clean it to their modern standards of cleanliness.

Why settle for dirty emissions when we have the technology for zero emissions manufacturing plants, electric trains, clean diesel for heavy industry, etc?

So you say we should kill off the epa? Should we bring back soot spewing 80HP 6 liter 4 cylinders for automotives as well? You know, the ones that made your eyes tear up when you rode behind them because they emitted so much sulfur out of their tailpipe. We're lucky in atlanta that we dont have a major smog problem like other large US cities, see LA and NYC for examples.
    02 WRX Sport Wagon

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

More info on the treaty? What exactly is it?

IA Member

Who cares? It was created by the U.N. If you don't follow their resolutions, they'll just pass more resolutions. Does the U.N. actually follow through with any of their resolutions these days?

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickH View Post
    Does the U.N. actually follow through with any of their resolutions these days?
    You'd think that these folks who continuously spout off about one-world-government would realize that the UN is really pretty feeble and not capable of very much of anything. You'd think if we DID have a one-world-government with an evil NWO agenda they'd be getting things done.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    THIS...
    NO ADVERTISING

-IA MANAGEMENT

Quote Originally Posted by GTScoob View Post
    Well so if global warming is all a lie, should we still continue to pollute the earth? There's more to this conference than just talks of global warming.

You know how if you dont mop your floors/vacuum your carpets they get all grungy and are hard to clean up when you get around to it? Well imagine you didnt clean them for 40 years and then some day you decide to sell your house. You can either clean your floors for the next family to live there, and it will be hard because of all the grime built up, or you can leave it as their problem as the future residents of your house. No doubt the next residents will resent you for trashing up their house and will have to work doubly hard to clean it to their modern standards of cleanliness.

Why settle for dirty emissions when we have the technology for zero emissions manufacturing plants, electric trains, clean diesel for heavy industry, etc?

So you say we should kill off the epa? Should we bring back soot spewing 80HP 6 liter 4 cylinders for automotives as well? You know, the ones that made your eyes tear up when you rode behind them because they emitted so much sulfur out of their tailpipe. We're lucky in atlanta that we dont have a major smog problem like other large US cities, see LA and NYC for examples.
    1. where did I say anything about air pollution
    2. The only time you really hear about major smog issues is when its hot out! Hmmmm
    3. Countries like China are polluting the air 10x more than the us.
    4. One of your previous posts mentions the reasoning behind the dislike is Obama, maybe you need to drop the fucking race card and pull your head out of your ass Mr. Ga Tech and think. Clearly you have some unresolved issues with race. Your thoughts and ideas are going to be ignored now!!!!!
    Hey do me a favor real quick jump back into the gene pool i have some chlorine tablets i wanna try out!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NAMNORI View Post
    people dont like it because the theory of global warming killing the planet is assinine. Its a fucking solar cycle that warms and cools the earth. If the scientists did all the research and showed all of it the EPA would have been killed off years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    EPA has less to do with the air quality and more to do with environmental quality.
    www.MSSRACING.com - 99 Civic CX - Best ET: 9.53 / Best MPH: 160 - Competition Clutch - Arias Pistons - Coatings M.D. - Mahle-Clevite - ebtec - AHobbs Racing - JKOBD - TDC Performance
    Daily D: 2007 Dodge 2500 MEGA CAB, Cummins Turbo Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by SPOOLIN View Post
    EPA has less to do with the air quality and more to do with environmental quality.

because air is not part of the environment

2. The only time you really hear about major smog issues is when its hot out! Hmmmm
    4. One of your previous posts mentions the reasoning behind the dislike is Obama, maybe you need to drop the fucking race card and pull your head out of your ass Mr. Ga Tech and think. Clearly you have some unresolved issues with race. Your thoughts and ideas are going to be ignored now!!!!!
    So,
    #1. You didnt mention air quality, but the treaty does. I think this thread is about the Copenhagen treaty, a followup treaty to the Kyoto Agreement and Bali protocol.
    #2. The only time you SEE smog is when its hot out, the humidity in the air gives air pollution something to bond to.
    #3. Yes, I agree. The Copenhagen Treaty tries to address these inequalities. I dont mean to quote myself but - "at least we're making our stance as a superpower known to developing nations that sustainability is a global issue, not a burden to be suffered by modernized nations and abused by 'developing nations'."
    #4. Umm, I have unresolved issues with race, yet I'm an Obama supporter, work with all sorts of latinos, used to live in Bankhead? Dont judge me based on my avatar. When have I played the race card?

Can you even comprehend what I posted up earlier in the thread? I support this treaty, while I think it will accomplish little it definitely brings issues to the forefront that some people, (NAMNORI), would not otherwise read/know about. I was hoping for a good debate on here since most anybody I would talk to about this in person would agree with me.
    02 WRX Sport Wagon

Patience Pays...

Of everything stated I think I've seen 2 responses that actually pertained to the treaty, the rest is mindless banter. To be honest I don't know much about the treaty to speak on it, I've been deep in domestic politics.

IA Member

This is pretty scary.

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/blog.h...ctor&s=Opinion

Now, in addition to falsifying data and refusing to release models/data-sets, we have someone modifying and removing climate related pages on Wikipedia. Connolley created or rewrote 5,428 unique Wikipedia articles and removed over 500 articles he didn't like.

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickH View Post
    This is pretty scary.
    "Medieval warm period"... I thought the view from the right was that there was supposed to be some kind of "mini ice-age" during that time, are they now trying to claim it was a warming period?

Also, I think Wikipedia was just starting to catch on in 2003, so it would make sense for a scientist who is an authority in his field to step in and go over the articles.

i drive a giant blueberry preferredduck's Avatar

global warming is crap and is a way for the BIG GUYS to make $$. they would love to sell everyone a chevy volt soon, even the parts suppliers got in on this and said to raise gas prices. ice core and deep sea drilling have shown the earth goes through cycles and last i checked we are coming out of an ice age and the next cycle is warmer. do our SUV's here on earth cause the ice caps on mars to melt. nope. it takes 26,000 years for the solar system to make one trip around the galaxy and when we make this trip it affects the earth by ice ages and warming periods. also the wobble of the earth changes every 20,000 years. did you know the sahara desert goes from being a desert to a rainforest like place every 20,000 years because of the earth's wobble. this is the stuff they don't want you to know or will discredit to make a buck.
    Check out my for sale threads!! 15" competition speakerbox, 1TB External hard drive, and plenty of car parts!!!

I Need some WRX, 350Z, 240SX, Really any car owner to let me do R&D for Ground Kits, Please Let me See the layouts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender View Post
    You'd think that these folks who continuously spout off about one-world-government would realize that the UN is really pretty feeble and not capable of very much of anything. You'd think if we DID have a one-world-government with an evil NWO agenda they'd be getting things done.
    well the UN has banned guns in many countries already and have really wanted to do the same here, we just don't give in like britian.
    Check out my for sale threads!! 15" competition speakerbox, 1TB External hard drive, and plenty of car parts!!!

I Need some WRX, 350Z, 240SX, Really any car owner to let me do R&D for Ground Kits, Please Let me See the layouts!!!

he is a georgia tech guy, damn that explains everything. 30-24!!!

i agree on china, their polutants have arrived on the west coast of the US. i think we need regulation but carbon credits and BS is useless. also with the economy being flushed down the toilet who in the hell can just go buy a chevy volt anyways. ohh obama funding from the federal reserve since he owns GM he will just make the federal reserve the major lender for them so we can all owe the rothschilds trillions. ohh wait we already do. crap.

"Medieval warm period"... I thought the view from the right was that there was supposed to be some kind of "mini ice-age" during that time, are they now trying to claim it was a warming period?

Also, I think Wikipedia was just starting to catch on in 2003, so it would make sense for a scientist who is an authority in his field to step in and go over the articles.
    mini ice age was 1400-1600 AD, not 1000 AD. it was around the time of the vikings being in history alot.

Quote Originally Posted by preferredduck View Post
    did you know the sahara desert goes from being a desert to a rainforest like place every 20,000 years because of the earth's wobble. this is the stuff they don't want you to know or will discredit to make a buck.
    Who are 'they'? I was taught this information twice, once in high school, and again in a current issues class at Tech. I also learned that the magnetic north pole has also reversed its orientation several times, normally resulting in drastic global climate changes. If you're going to spew bullshit at least know why the climate changed, its not fuckin magic.

Anyways this thread is turning to shit with conspiracy theories and people comparing football scores to IQ scores so I'm going to leave you with a few questions to ponder.

So lets assume that global warming is a myth, since it cant be proved one way or the other. And that, yes, we are in a warming cycle. Why should we not try to clean up our industries? Why should we stagnate instead of moving into the future? Should UGA be happy with its win against GT and settle for losing the SEC conference again next year?
    02 WRX Sport Wagon

IA Member

No, the mini ice age "supposedly" began after this period. That's irrelevant anyways. I made no statements pro/con little ice age. This is about some hack intentionally spreading false information regarding climate change.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? He started editing these documents in 03 and continued for quite some time. This article clearly shows that falsifying data is a trend among the climate elite.

IA's bass guy

global warming is a huge joke. they just proved that about 2 weeks ago ill post videos of the story if needed

Who are 'they'? I was taught this information twice, once in high school, and again in a current issues class at Tech. I also learned that the magnetic north pole has also reversed its orientation several times, normally resulting in drastic global climate changes. If you're going to spew bullshit at least know why the climate changed, its not fuckin magic.

Anyways this thread is turning to shit with conspiracy theories and people comparing football scores to IQ scores so I'm going to leave you with a few questions to ponder.

So lets assume that global warming is a myth, since it cant be proved one way or the other. And that, yes, we are in a warming cycle. Why should we not try to clean up our industries? Why should we stagnate instead of moving into the future? Should UGA be happy with its win against GT and settle for losing the SEC conference again next year?

hmm now your trying to be insulting when i agreed on china and pollutants. i have also mentioned several times of the pole shifts. ice core samples and deep sea drilling prove the earth has been through these cycles many many times and majority of the people do not know this. there are ways to clean up but don't let the elite come up with the plan because it will cost us dearly. you also have no idea what my IQ is cuz all these years i thought everything was magic. global warming is pure BS but you are correct we need cleaner industry and renewable ebergy sources but we cannot leave it to the idiots in charge now to do it for us.

so ponder this over, many mass extinctions and climate changes. also UGA won the ACC this year cuz clemson lost to south carolina and UGA beat TECH so that makes them ACC champs if you use fuzzy logic lol. ACC almost college conference(for football anyways).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ars-world.html

we can start by getting rid of these 16 ships and making shit in the USA.