Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: to anyone who really wants to learn alot more about our ....goverment.....

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickH View Post
    Our economy doesn't resemble free market capitalism in any way. We have been a highly regulated capitalistic economy for quite some time. Let us not forget that it was the government's idea to start giving out and backing these bad loans to begin with.
    Actually GM pretty much begged Obama to intervene for them. I'm pretty sure the CEO's of the banks went before the government and begged too.

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender View Post
    It is my understanding that banks have paid most of it back already, and that GM is seeking to pay theirs back as well. Also, since these are loans that bear interest, when its all said and done the Gov't will have made a return on their money. I'm not saying I approve of this corporate welfare, but its really not the big deal its made out to be by the wingnuts.
    its a huge deal, they just made failure acceptable.

They talk about golden parachutes, The Govt gave these guys the BIGGEST GOLDEN PARACHUTE of all time.

Name me the LAST TIME our government loaned someone money, got paid back with interest, and applied it to the national debt? They dont do it, they will spend that money on something else.

Congress reported they got back something like 8 billion from the banks 2 months ago and did they pay off anything or the national debt? no they turned around (led by Rangle and Barney Frank) and put that money into paying off peoples mortgages who were "hurting" or "in trouble of defaulting".

COngrats, you just marginalized failure again
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Actually GM pretty much begged Obama to intervene for them. I'm pretty sure the CEO's of the banks went before the government and begged too.
    hes talking about the GOVT insisting the banks loan to people who werent qualified thats what got us in this mess in the first place. Ask JaimieCBR900R about it all, he used to be a mortgage broker.

GM Begged and its not the first time they got Govt loans. But that all went out the window with Cash for clunkers.

Bush let lehman brothers fail.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Ask JaimieCBR900R about it all, he used to be a mortgage broker.
    I used to sell credit cards and toxic variable-rate loans for GE. People with 20k in credit card debt and they think the answer to their problems is another credit card...

Do you have a source for the 8 billion in bank paybacks being used to buy out mortgages? I'm not disputing it, I'd just like to read more about it before I comment on it.

IA's bass guy

I have yet to see you post anything useful other than mawing at me, so whatever resentment you might have against me... meh, its just the internet.

Are you a Jones fan yourself, perchance?

IF YOU HAVENT HEARD ABOUT THE RECENT DISCOVERY OF THE HACKERS THAT HACKED INTO THE COMPS OVER IN ENGLAND TO FIND THAT AL GORES BULLSHIT GREEN HOUSE GASES ARE FAKE READ UP ON IT A LIL, FEW STATES ARE ACTUALLY DEMANDING SOME ANSWERS.
    99 tahoe, build in progress

IA's bass guy

and oh yes by a long shot that gov is in with the big banks, thats not even a joke. id love to know your answers on why in the hell we have fema camps being built all across the us. cause theres no way in hell that many people are dieing, and i want to hear your answers on those big ass plastic coffins that i took a drive with my dad to see. those things are freakin huge and wtf are they doing with that many off them then? putting horses and cows in em?

Quote Originally Posted by imprtguy_94 View Post
    id love to know your answers on why in the hell we have fema camps being built all across the us.
    Are you still on FEMA camps... that shit got busted/debunked/thrown in the trash a long time ago. The FEMA camps are the government's answer to situations like hurricane Katrina. They are de-centralizing their logistics etc so they can respond to disasters faster. Its more efficient to mobilize on a local/regional level than on a national level.

As for the issue of "plastic coffins"... what a bunch of bull. If it really were a concentration camp type situation your ass would be going into a mass grave or an incinerator. Your remains would be disposed of as completely and as quickly as possible, not preserved in a plastic box.

Are you still on FEMA camps... that shit got busted/debunked/thrown in the trash a long time ago. The FEMA camps are the government's answer to situations like hurricane Katrina. They are de-centralizing their logistics etc so they can respond to disasters faster. Its more efficient to mobilize on a local/regional level than on a national level.

As for the issue of "plastic coffins"... what a bunch of bull. If it really were a concentration camp type situation your ass would be going into a mass grave or an incinerator. Your remains would be disposed of as completely and as quickly as possible, not preserved in a plastic box.
    RUN FOR THE HILLS!
    -www.usedbarcode.net

I used to sell credit cards and toxic variable-rate loans for GE. People with 20k in credit card debt and they think the answer to their problems is another credit card...
    Oh i didnt mean anything by that i just mean when you talk to Jaimie about it, its crazy. He was basically being told "you either loan this money out, or you will go out of business because SOMEONE will loan it out". He had no choice, you either made the loans or the FEDs cut you out of the "pool" of money and there goes your business. Lucky for him he has a lot more integrity than most people and got out when he could. But the Govt/Banks were basically strong arming people into lending to anyone with a pulse.

Do you have a source for the 8 billion in bank paybacks being used to buy out mortgages? I'm not disputing it, I'd just like to read more about it before I comment on it.
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.3068:

I originally saw the story break on CNN and FOX about 2 months ago IIRC. My point is basically they get a FREE 5 BILLION and they IMMEDIATELY wanna blow it all on some other Government program.

Im not saying we shouldnt help people, but the notion that this "money we are going to make" getting applied to the national debt or anything like that is laughable.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

I mean these guys are just RETARDED
    Barney Frank wants to spend the repaid TARP money again instead of returning the money to the Treasury to pay down public debt…

On June 27th, Rep. Barney Frank (D) MA, introduced new legislation to divert repaid TARP funds to new Democrat supported housing initiatives. His new bill is called TARP for Main Street Act of 2009. According to the original bill recovered funds “shall be paid into the general fund of the Treasury for reduction of the public debt.” However, Barney wants to spend it again right away and ignore the requirements of the bill. This is becoming typical behavior for the Democrats these days.

The proposed bill breaks down as follows; take $1 billion and use it to create a trust fund for low-income rental housing which Frank has wanted for a long time. (This unfunded measure was part of last year’s bailout of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.) Another $1.5 billion would be used to set up a “neighborhood stabilization” fund. Critics have charged that these measures might allow federal dollars to be distributed to activist groups such as ACORN. The thought of any more of our money ending up in the hand of those crooks is unthinkable!

The bill also includes $2 billion to subsidize individuals with delinquent mortgages and another $2 billion to “stabilize multifamily properties that are in default or foreclosure.”

“If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can’t it get us out?” – Will Rogers

Even worse, despite the near economic meltdown that was triggered by the mortgage defaults last year, Rep. Frank and N.Y. Rep. Anthony Weiner have sent a letter to the heads of Fannie and Freddie recommending that they lower lending standards for condo buyers. Wasn’t that how we got into this mess in the first place?

After blaming the current crisis on a lack of appropriate regulation and lax lending standards which resulted in bad loans that should not have been approved, Rep. Frank wants Fannie and Freddie to provide more aggressive (lower) lending standards again. These lower standards would specifically apply to condo developments with a high percentage of unsold units or high delinquency rates.
    http://go2.wordpress.com/?id=725X134...-49649362.html

http://go2.wordpress.com/?id=725X134...452945093.html
    -www.usedbarcode.net

"Critics have charged that these measures might allow federal dollars to be distributed to activist groups such as ACORN. The thought of any more of our money ending up in the hand of those crooks is unthinkable!"

Yeah, thats not a biased source at all.

"Critics have charged that these measures might allow federal dollars to be distributed to activist groups such as ACORN. The thought of any more of our money ending up in the hand of those crooks is unthinkable!"

Yeah, thats not a biased source at all.
    I originally posted a disclaimer saying "these links im not saying i share their slant, but you can go research the topic yourself." then i deleted it an posted the link to the actual bill.

I posted a link to the BILL PROPOSED. Thats all that matters.

And yes if that money gets distributed to ACORN i would be pissed. You should be as well.

So out of all the stuff i posted, you pick out the ACORN thing and say its a biased source LOL So you think Barney Frank never proposed this? That doesnt piss you off? Look through the slant, the figures are real though you can double check it yourself
    -www.usedbarcode.net

BTW the "Glenn Beck raped and murdered a woman in 1990" has about as much credibility to it as the "FEMA" camps you are criticizing

http://urbanlegends.about.com/b/2009...rl-in-1990.htm
    -www.usedbarcode.net

IA's bass guy

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    BTW the "Glenn Beck raped and murdered a woman in 1990" has about as much credibility to it as the "FEMA" camps you are criticizing

http://urbanlegends.about.com/b/2009...rl-in-1990.htm
    eh its w/e i have my beliefs and you have yours. im sticking to mine. it should get really interesting around here once the econ collapses/

I never said that Glenn Beck raped an murdered a woman in 1990. I just said the question should be asked. The 1990 truth movement will not be silenced.

Sarah Palin gave a similar response in an interview when she was asked for her thoughts on the "birther" movement and Obama's alleged Kenyan birth certificate.

INTERVIEWER: Would you make the birth certificate an issue if you ran?

PALIN: Um, I think the public, rightfully, is still making it an issue. I don't have a problem with that. I don't know if I would have to bother to make it an issue, because I think enough members of the electorate still want answers.

IA Member

You're not looking at the big picture. What this has done is changed the game. It's now accepted that if you're a big corporation you can make bad decisions that hurt everyone and the taxpayers will bail you out. We basically just subsidized failure. This in turn, encourages more failure. It's the same thing we've been doing to our children for years. "It's okay little Billy. You're still a good little boy despite failing your classes, throwing temper tantrums, etc. If you fail high school you can just live with mommy."

While I do very much agree with this setting a very bad precedent, you also have to look at the implications of letting all of those corporations fail simultaneously. The situation could have, and likely would have, turned from bad to worse very quickly

IA Member

Quote Originally Posted by youngpre View Post
    It's just especially on sites such as this you continuously see arguments and "debates" over which side is honest and which side is just out to get you. Honestly though, both sides put spin on everything. Everyone has their own thoughts and beliefs; to assume that there is any one person on this earth that thinks and believes everything EXACTLY as you do and who truly stands for you is just naive. Educate yourself however and rise above petty nonsense. Decide for yourself and use pundits to inform your own decisions not to guide it entirely.

To add to this original post, which no one seemed to read, I wish everyone would make a conscious effort to speak in a more civil manner when discussing politics. More than anything else, the very tone and nature of political discussions is sickening. We are all educated, intelligent people and we all think/read/study politics along with many other things, I'm sure. I respect everyone in here and I am sure we almost all have interesting thoughts and insights.

I never said that Glenn Beck raped an murdered a woman in 1990. I just said the question should be asked. The 1990 truth movement will not be silenced.

Sarah Palin gave a similar response in an interview when she was asked for her thoughts on the "birther" movement and Obama's alleged Kenyan birth certificate.

INTERVIEWER: Would you make the birth certificate an issue if you ran?

PALIN: Um, I think the public, rightfully, is still making it an issue. I don't have a problem with that. I don't know if I would have to bother to make it an issue, because I think enough members of the electorate still want answers.
    The only thing that fueled the birther movement is the way Obama has refused to produce an authentic copy of his birth certificate. If I remember correctly, the only thing ever released was an electronic copy.

BTW, I am fully against the birthers. As bad as Obama is, he is at least intelligent. If we ended up with Biden we would be FAR worse off.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    The only thing that fueled the birther movement is the way Obama has refused to produce an authentic copy of his birth certificate. If I remember correctly, the only thing ever released was an electronic copy.

BTW, I am fully against the birthers. As bad as Obama is, he is at least intelligent. If we ended up with Biden we would be FAR worse off.
    http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...n_the_usa.html

Obama is a US citizen born in Hawaii
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    The only thing that fueled the birther movement is the way Obama has refused to produce an authentic copy of his birth certificate. If I remember correctly, the only thing ever released was an electronic copy. .
    The "truth in 1990" movement is really just a parody of the 9-11 truther/birther/deather movements to show how absurd these "movements" really are, along with Glenn Beck's tactics of casting baseless aspersions on someone.

IA Member

Truth in 1990 movement is done in the exact same vain as everything Stephen Colbert does

Take a deep breath and enjoy the humor

IA Member

You have no idea what you're talking about. This whole mortage mess started with the CRA created by Carter and further enhanced by Clinton.

You have no idea what you're talking about. This whole mortage mess started with the CRA created by Carter and further enhanced by Clinton.
    Subprime actually worked well under Clinton because the system was regulated and the

It was the "Financial Services Modernization Act" from republican Phill Gramm that brought subprime into crisis. This act allowed banks to "expand into other lines of business, " openening up all sorts of predatory lending practices. Many of the subprime loans were made by institutions that were not governed by the CRA.

Its downright silly to think that a 32 year old law is responsible for the crisis we have today. If the CRA as enacted by Carter were to blame, would it not stand to reason this crisis would have happened 30 years ago?

IA Member

Subprime actually worked well under Clinton because the system was regulated and the

It was the "Financial Services Modernization Act" from republican Phill Gramm that brought subprime into crisis. This act allowed banks to "expand into other lines of business, " openening up all sorts of predatory lending practices. Many of the subprime loans were made by institutions that were not governed by the CRA.

Its downright silly to think that a 32 year old law is responsible for the crisis we have today. If the CRA as enacted by Carter were to blame, would it not stand to reason this crisis would have happened 30 years ago?
    Subprime mortgages did NOT work under Clinton. It just took years to explode. The CRA encouraged tens of thousands of loans to uncredit worthy individuals. Just because the Act is 32 years old doesn't mean it even slightly resembles the original bill. Clinton greatly expanded the CRA.

If you believe that the FSMA is the primary cause of what we're going through then you're out of your mind. The Banks were already capable of holding and trading the very assests that Obama claimed were responsible for the finanacial crisis.

IA Member

And just so we're clear, I don't believe that the CRA is the only thing responsible for our current mess. I just believe it was one of the top two or three causes.

I haven't read every response here, but I have to say that, yes, they WANT to implement NWO, but they fail to realize that it has too many faults. Not all gov'ts will comply. Sure they might act like it in the beginning, but there are too many greedy, power-hungry people at the top. It all stared with the bankers: Rockefellar, Rothschild & Morgan. They laid out a plan to control people with money. We are the ones who are too stupid to realize that if we rejected their monetary society they would not have as much power as they do now. We have immersed ourselves in a ficticious world built upon a piece of paper. It would be very hard for us to get back to our basic structure of needs: food, water, shelter. I've been watching "Meet The Natives" on the Travel Channel, and find it very interesting, yet sad. Google it and watch some of the shows. Those people live the way we aught to, but we like our "stuff" too much.

Anyhow, I digress... back to NWO. A good vid to watch is "America: Freedom to Fascism". It got me started on the whole activist thing. There are many issues headed our way of which we will have to face very soon. Mandatory microchipping is very plausible, since they will soon replace our driver's license with a federal ID card. It was originally called REAL ID, and now it's called the PASS ACT. You will not be able to operate your vehicle, board a plane, train, or any transportation without it. Sound familiar? (Papers, please! Show me your papers!) HAARP is also very real. Don't know about it? Google is your friend. Also Google anything about Obama and Rothschild's relationship. I found some very interesting information about how Rothschild chose Obama to be President of the US. He also thanked the media outlets for keeping the plans for NWO out of the spotlight, otherwise it would've have been possible. Oh, and BTW, The US or UNITED STATES is a corporation. The United States of America is what we are a part of. Anything in upper case letters is considered a corporation, including but not limited to, you, yourself, and others. That's how they get you to pay income tax. You sign your name at the bottom of those forms that clearly state: "Name of a US Person." Notice how they capitalize all of the letters in your name........ They deemed YOU a vessel (under maritime laws) when you were born, and they created bonds on your social security number to give them wealth. Everyone in this country was born a slave and have no idea. Sounds like the Matrix... The rabbit hole truly goes deep, and it all depends on how far you want to go. But this is not fiction. It's real, and it's how the elite keep their wealth and their secrets. We are in the process of undoing everything that was done to us with the birth certificate bonds. It is a long process which requires much paperwork. Everything is done through legal channels, and all the terminology they created was originally based on the bible and the legal jargon created from England & early U.S. It was not intended for the layman to understand, that is why it is hard to conceive. They do not want us to know, and it's why they show crap reality stuff on tv and teach us nothing in school.

If you want to keep up with the current event issues, you can try DownsizeDC.org and RestoreTheRepublic.org.

IA Member

^Please read ALL posts before posting. You just went an entirely different direction jumping at another attempt to throw that post down. It honestly had very little to do with the topic of discussion at that point in the post. I am all for debating and listening to what others have to say, but only if they listen to everyone else as well; and hoping in mid-discussion and throwing down very partisan tripe just does not cut it. The left is right sometimes and the right is correct other times.

^Please read ALL posts before posting. You just went an entirely different direction jumping at another attempt to throw that post down. It honestly had very little to do with the topic of discussion at that point in the post. I am all for debating and listening to what others have to say, but only if they listen to everyone else as well; and hoping in mid-discussion and throwing down very partisan tripe just does not cut it. The left is right sometimes and the right is correct other times.
    I did read alot of the posts, and noticed that it got more into commenting about individuals, but my comment was based upon the orginal thread starters comment... I have been to PrisonPlanet and some of the other sites he speaks of. I know what topics are there and that's why I made my comment. The rest of the people who posted got more onto just political people, and not the issues themselves, which is what really matters. It's not about left or right side, which is what "they" want you and everyone else to be stuck on. What most people fail to see is the entire picture, since it is like a puzzle. I can see it plainly, and only wish for the people with limited vision to see as well.

Those of us who know can only open the door for others to see. It is up to them to walk through.

IA Member

Arrogance is not very becoming

There is no arrogance in my statements. I merely commented toward the initial post, and my statements have remained in-line with the title of this thread. Where is the arrogance in that? I have not intended to offend anyone, yet you have been for whatever reason, and I'm sorry for that. I'm also sorry that this thread has been thrown off topic. To remedy that, here are some topics to Google that make for interesting reading, and yes, they do relate to the gov't in some way, shape, or form:

Declaration of Independence repealed
    The Truth About G-20
    Doomsday Seed Vault
    HAARP
    Nanobots
    Chemtrails
    Invisibility Cloaking
    and a bit about Rockefellar: http://www.ubersite.com/m/108822

There's a reason for conspiracies, just as there's a reason for stereotypes. There's always some truth that lies there to initiate them.

IA Member

I appreciate your input, I really do but....
    "What most people fail to see is the entire picture, since it is like a puzzle. I can see it plainly, and only wish for the people with limited vision to see as well.

Those of us who know can only open the door for others to see. It is up to them to walk through."

This is arrogance.

Anyways, excuse my likely uncalled for responses, I have since caught up on my beauty sleep and all is well.

IA Member

Also, stereotypes, while disgusting, are usually much more based in reality than conspiracies. I like to use the movie "23" as an example, in the movie Jim Carrey's character sees the number everywhere and becomes virtually consumed by it. Conspiracies are as such; once you convince yourself something is true, it's not hard to find tiny bits of supporting evidence. Essentially, conspiracy theorists operate using logic and reasoning that is the exact reverse of the scientific method. One starts with a "truth" and then desperately searches for supporting evidence. The other starts by considering evidence, ALL evidence, then formulating a conclusion. The former is the method of the naive and uneducated.

Also, it's worth noting, there are conspiracy theorists on both sides of the aisle; I am not picking on one side.

i drive a giant blueberry preferredduck's Avatar

they all flew in corporate jets. i wonder how much aig paid back. you see all this $$ we loaned was used to consolidate the market. just like the great depression where a few families bought most of america for pennies on the dollar. well look at the banks now. same thig just happened.

don't get me started on the housing market because it was clearly set up to fail at some tipping point that was caused by some greedy assholes. i know the ex-ceo of countrywide now has a booming business helping to clean the "mes" up. there were also alot of top CEO's at firms responsible for the housing collapse that all committed suicide in a short period of time. kinda makes you wonder how true the movies like the pelican bfief etc are.
    Check out my for sale threads!! 15" competition speakerbox, 1TB External hard drive, and plenty of car parts!!!

I Need some WRX, 350Z, 240SX, Really any car owner to let me do R&D for Ground Kits, Please Let me See the layouts!!!

I appreciate your input, I really do but....
    "What most people fail to see is the entire picture, since it is like a puzzle. I can see it plainly, and only wish for the people with limited vision to see as well.

Those of us who know can only open the door for others to see. It is up to them to walk through."

This is arrogance.

Anyways, excuse my likely uncalled for responses, I have since caught up on my beauty sleep and all is well.
    What you do not grasp from my statement of "limited vision" is that some people are so narrow-minded, they cannot see the bigger picture.

"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people" - Eleanor Roosevelt.

If you were to meet me, you would know that I am not arrogant at all. My typed words might seem arrogant, because you cannot get emotion from typed words unless you type in all caps, which is considered yelling. I love to talk to people about the things that are not discussed everyday. Those things that most consider conspiracies. I have witnessed things that would seem unheard of by average people, which has led me to open my mind even more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12