View Poll Results: How do you feel now about your vote in 2008?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Voted for obama/ I still like him

11 20.37%
  • Voted for McCain/ He would have done better

27 50.00%
  • Voted for Obama/ should have voted McCain

5 9.26%
  • Voted for McCain/ Should have voted for Obama.

1 1.85%
  • I didn't vote.

10 18.52%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Obama - your take now?

Arrow POLL: Obama - your take now?

Hey guys,

Its been a while since I've posted but I need your help on this poll. I was curious how you guys feel about our president now that he has been in office for a year.

Love em?/ Hate em? Vote and tell me why. (blind poll so fess up lol)

If you care to, drop in a line on these hot topics:

* American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) - $787B "buy-in" plan
    * Socialized health care bill (opt-out penalty?)
    * Winning the Nobel peace prize
    * Energy policiy (smart grid)
    * Foreign Policy
    * whatever else you can think of.

Also, I'm not looking for arguments, just a quick poll n go.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlblkz06 View Post
    Hey guys,

Its been a while since I've posted but I need your help on this poll. I was curious how you guys feel about our president now that he has been in office for a year.

Love em?/ Hate em? Vote and tell me why.

If you care to, drop in a line on these hot topics:

* American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) - $787B "buy-in" plan
    * Socialized health care bill (opt-out penalty?)
    * Winning the Nobel peace prize
    * Energy policiy (smart grid)
    * Foreign Policy
    * whatever else you can think of.
    He sucks ass, I didn't like him to begin with, but I'm not debating politics again today.

Of course I own this.
    IT PUTS THE OREOS ON THE RIM

hahaha agreed or least im not reading through it all again today!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bajjani View Post
    He sucks ass, I didn't like him to begin with, but I'm not debating politics again today.

+++

and nobel peace prize? wtf is that crap. for what?! why in gods name did he win that?

can't stand him still.

Public Enemy #1

Come on give the man some credit....He's a born american...oh wait no he wasnt, well he did stop the war....oh wait nevermind he's asking to send more troops, well he cut spend....oh wait nevermind he's spent more in 8 months than most previous presidents did in 4 years, hell he is trying to get more bi-part....oh wait no he's not, he jumps when the dem. party say's jump, well he's trying to be more eco friend....oh wait he took Air Force one to all sorts of pointless places, spending tons of tax payers money and not really helping with polution, OH I KNOW I KNOW....he gives great speaches....oh wait nevermind he cant talk unless a teleprompter is in front of him, He did win the Nobel Peace prize.....oh wait all that was for "strengthen international diplomacy"

well fuck I got nothing....

I voted McCain but for a hypocritical reason on my part really. I was not about ready to vote for Obama. Dont like him or his ideas for the most part yet believe he is doing an okay job with helping the US. His stimulus packages etc sure did pull through fast, but its not like he is the only one behind those. Without congress backing and voting them, they would have fell through as anything would. Guess that is what you get with a mostly democratic congress. The reason I feel that I am a hypocrite for voting for McCain is b/c I was okay with some of his ideas, yet I voted him b/c I KNEW Obama would win due to all of the ignorant low life ppl coming out of the woodwork just to vote for him due to his race. I was just trying to level things out as I know a good many ppl did. Obviously that backfired. haha I just think the US has got in WAYY too much economical trouble and nothing drastic is going to change right now. I dont know too much in depth about all the new hot topics to really comment, but I do feel something is going right seeing that GDP has rose like 3.4% since last quarter. That doesn't just happen coming out of a recession without someone doing work. I know that it is going to take quite some time to get unemployent/inflation/etc back to normal, but I feel that things are headed in the right direction. I do not know much about the health bill, but from what I do know, I do not agree with it. As far as the Nobel Peace Prize...WTF!! Really?!

Just my , take it or leave it.

More I think about it. I really dont care for him, but it is what it is. He is our president. *shivers*

Public Enemy #1

Quote Originally Posted by IMPORTchic View Post
    I voted McCain but for a hypocritical reason on my part really. I was not about ready to vote for Obama. Dont like him or his ideas for the most part yet believe he is doing an okay job with helping the US. His stimulus packages etc sure did pull through fast, but its not like he is the only one behind those. Without congress backing and voting them, they would have fell through as anything would. Guess that is what you get with a mostly democratic congress. The reason I feel that I am a hypocrite for voting for McCain is b/c I was okay with some of his ideas, yet I voted him b/c I KNEW Obama would win due to all of the ignorant low life ppl coming out of the woodwork just to vote for him due to his race. I was just trying to level things out as I know a good many ppl did. Obviously that backfired. haha I just think the US has got in WAYY too much economical trouble and nothing drastic is going to change right now. I dont know too much in depth about all the new hot topics to really comment, but I do feel something is going right seeing that GDP has rose like 3.4% since last quarter. That doesn't just happen coming out of a recession without someone doing work. I know that it is going to take quite some time to get unemployent/inflation/etc back to normal, but I feel that things are headed in the right direction. I do not know much about the health bill, but from what I do know, I do not agree with it. As far as the Nobel Peace Prize...WTF!! Really?!

Just my , take it or leave it.

More I think about it. I really dont care for him, but it is what it is. He is our president. *shivers*
    You do realize that any of Obama's Stimulus plans wont really be seen or have an affect until probably late 2010 or early 2011. What you where referring to is the ones that Bush passed in 07/08. It generally takes a few years before the effect's of any stimulus plan is felt.

Where the "I voted for McCain but I hated only having two choices, but I went for the lesser of two evils" choice?

Public Enemy #1

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Where the "I voted for McCain but I hated only having two choices, but I went for the lesser of two evils" choice?
    I think that fall's into "I voted for McCain, because he could have done a better job!"

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

Voted for Obama, still like him, even more than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach'N'U View Post
    You do realize that any of Obama's Stimulus plans wont really be seen or have an affect until probably late 2010 or early 2011. What you where referring to is the ones that Bush passed in 07/08. It generally takes a few years before the effect's of any stimulus plan is felt.
    I'm sure you realize that is because most of the money isn't slated to be spent until right before the 2010 election... Also if they passed universal health care tomorrow it won't take effect until after the Presidential election is over... Conidecdence? I think not.

I think that fall's into "I voted for McCain, because he could have done a better job!"
    Not really, this is the way I look at it...

You are in a car heading for a brick wall.

With Obama driving you will hit the wall at 80mph
    With McCain driving you will hit the wall at 55mph

Either way... you're hitting the wall. Question is how fast do you want to get there?

Public Enemy #1

Quote Originally Posted by simontibbett View Post
    Voted for Obama, still like him, even more than before.
    Curious, but where things you voted on him for? IE what where promises/ideas from his campign that you believed in, and that he has done anything about?

I'm sure you realize that is because most of the money isn't slated to be spent until right before the 2010 election... Also if they passed universal health care tomorrow it won't take effect until after the Presidential election is over... Conidecdence? I think not.
    Oh I agree. I have said it before. Everyone though Bush did a terrible job, because anything Clinton did fell over into Bush'es term's. Anything Clinton did came from Bush Sr. term...so on and so fourth. Hell thats why the Stimulus effects we saw for a brief time where due to Bush'es plans. Now where just fucked with Obama. Or at least the next preident in 2012 is FUCKED.

Banned

Either way... you're hitting the wall. Question is how fast do you want to get there?
    best analogy ever. and exactly why i went for mccain.

Yes, and no. Like I said, I dont know enough to stick my nose in it too deep. I am still young and have not been involved that many years. I can only go on what I read online, and what my econ teachers have taught me past few years. They feel that he is doing the best job possible right now minus the healthcare deal. I dont know that anyone else could have done much better. The economy was already sliding previous to this from overspending and deceptive monotary policy and such. We shall just see. *crosses fingers*

I feel like this whole govt system is corrupt period.

Public Enemy #1

Thats what I mean...the better is the degree in speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hundo® View Post
    best analogy ever. and exactly why i went for mccain.
    X's 2!!!! That is just the normal republican approach anyways. lol

Come on give the man some credit....He's a born american...oh wait no he wasnt, well he did stop the war....oh wait nevermind he's asking to send more troops, well he cut spend....oh wait nevermind he's spent more in 8 months than most previous presidents did in 4 years, hell he is trying to get more bi-part....oh wait no he's not, he jumps when the dem. party say's jump, well he's trying to be more eco friend....oh wait he took Air Force one to all sorts of pointless places, spending tons of tax payers money and not really helping with polution, OH I KNOW I KNOW....he gives great speaches....oh wait nevermind he cant talk unless a teleprompter is in front of him, He did win the Nobel Peace prize.....oh wait all that was for "strengthen international diplomacy"

well fuck I got nothing....
    best thing ive read all day

Public Enemy #1

Funny Echo you should compare it to speed. Here is an interesting, and very insightful video of a guy doing the same thing, explaining it via mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5yxFtTwDcc

Thats what I mean...the better is the degree in speed.
    Better would having the choice of having a guy that would hit the fucking brakes.

Banned

Curious, but where things you voted on him for? IE what where promises/ideas from his campign that you believed in, and that he has done anything about?

beat me to the punch. i can't imagine someone saying they voted for obama because of the things he said he would do, and they're satisfied with him because he fulfilled those things. total rubbish. healtcare is clearly on it's way to being fulfilled unfortunately, but he has not done even a hair of what he said he would otherwise.

Funny Echo you should compare it to speed. Here is an interesting, and very insightful video of a guy doing the same thing, explaining it via mph.

Yea, I'm on my mobile broadband card right now... I'll watch it when I get in the hotel tonight.

Health care bill = sad sad day for America

Of course I own this.

Wow...that video is cool but depressing.

Of course I own this.

Public Enemy #1

beat me to the punch. i can't imagine someone saying they voted for obama because of the things he said he would do, and they're satisfied with him because he fulfilled those things. total rubbish. healtcare is clearly on it's way to being fulfilled unfortunately, but he has not done even a hair of what he said he would otherwise.
    Hell I think BanginJimmy put it the best way in the politics section...

"Anything a person running for office says on a campign trail is bullshit. 99% of what they say cant be done, there just saying it to get your vote. Its the smart people who can read through the lines and understand the system to know what this person is saying, that can actually happen and what cant."

Might have been in a few more or less words but the same thing.

Public Enemy #1

Wow...that video is cool but depressing.
    Watch some of his other video's, the guy is pretty dam smart, in how he explains things.

Of course I own this.

Public Enemy #1

Had not seen that one yet...but holy crap is that guy smart!

Smart maybe, I am very careful about such videos.
    There are three types of lies - lies, damn lies, and statistics

I'm not saying they're wrong - but I want to see the actual numbers and come to the conclusion based on fact - not some dude's interpretation.

Public Enemy #1

Quote Originally Posted by Atlblkz06 View Post
    Smart maybe, I am very careful about such videos.
    There are three types of lies - lies, damn lies, and statistics

I'm not saying they're wrong - but I want to see the actual numbers and come to the conclusion based on fact - not some dude's interpretation.
    actually his numbers are pretty dam close, if you actually go back and research them

Patience Pays...

I just have to wonder when some of you make comments like this do you realize that it hasn't even been a year that the man has been in office? Bush gets such a pass for 8 years but suddenly 10 months without stellar results and there should be voter's regret. I think the tragedy here is the fact that most of us are probably high school graduates but there is a lack of understanding in the span of control of the executive office. Any influence the President has wont be seen until half way into their presidency at the least. Simple legislation takes FOREVER to pass, especially anything that changes the direction in which the country is headed socially.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I just have to wonder when some of you make comments like this that it hasn't even been a year that the man has been in office? Bush gets such a pass for 8 years but suddenly 10 months without stellar results and there should be voter's regret. I think the tragedy here is the fact that most of us are probably high school graduates but there is a lack of understanding in the span of control of the executive office. Any influence the President has wont be seen until half way into their presidency at the least. Simple legislation takes FOREVER to pass, especially anything that changes the direction in which the country is headed socially.
    Explain to me how the health care reform is going to help the US. Please.

Of course I own this.

Its clear why we (the country) are where we are reading many of these responses......

They are all politicians...if you really think one is that much better than the other, I have some beachfront property to sell you in Iowa....

I strongly suggest reading our history and not just reading from links/sources and talking to people you agree with.
    Vossen CV3 20x9 & 20x10.5

Public Enemy #1

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I just have to wonder when some of you make comments like this do you realize that it hasn't even been a year that the man has been in office? Bush gets such a pass for 8 years but suddenly 10 months without stellar results and there should be voter's regret. I think the tragedy here is the fact that most of us are probably high school graduates but there is a lack of understanding in the span of control of the executive office. Any influence the President has wont be seen until half way into their presidency at the least. Simple legislation takes FOREVER to pass, especially anything that changes the direction in which the country is headed socially.
    Um....pretty sure I just posted this....

Oh I agree. I have said it before. Everyone though Bush did a terrible job, because anything Clinton did fell over into Bush'es term's. Anything Clinton did came from Bush Sr. term...so on and so fourth. Hell thats why the Stimulus effects we saw for a brief time where due to Bush'es plans. Now where just fucked with Obama. Or at least the next preident in 2012 is FUCKED.

Public Enemy #1

Quote Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX View Post
    Its clear why we (the country) are where we are reading many of these responses......

They are all politicians...if you really think one is that much better than the other, I have some beachfront property to sell you in Iowa....

I strongly suggest reading our history and not just reading from links/sources and talking to people you agree with.
    Judging by your responce you did not read alot of the responces to this thread.

I have some beachfront property to sell you in Iowa....
    PM me pics and your asking price.

2.2 CL

Doesnt really matter who was put in office no one person is gonna fix this horrible thing we call an "economy" anytime soon /thread

PM me pics and your asking price.
    You have PM!!!

Judging by your responce you did not read alot of the responces to this thread.
    We know your stance...and I am not going to "responce" to someone who can't spell the word!
    Vossen CV3 20x9 & 20x10.5

Patience Pays...

Um....pretty sure I just posted this....
    Wasnt knocking what you said, I was agreeing.

Public Enemy #1

You have PM!!!

We know your stance...and I am not going to "responce" to someone who can't spell the word!
    Bringing up spelling aye...your a registered democrat arent you?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast