Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: House passed the health care bill

Default House passed the health care bill

Sigh... Discuss.
    vote was 220-215
    And the Dems are parading around like they are the shiot right now, its actually kind of depressing.
    Try not. Do or Do not.

wow the dems finally found a pair. Thats one thing about the republicans I do like, no matter how utterly wrong they know they are, they stick together and shun any rep. that does not stand with them. Take notes dems

The dumbass dems finally realized after a year W/ majority they're NOW the shit, ROFL. Hopefully they do what they say they're going to do and basically mimic how the rep. ran the country for 8yrs doing everything they wanted to do with no care how the other party felt on the matter. I am glad I am a independent, I can never see myself align with either party
    2006 Evo IX - Bolt ons

SPACE WEATHER!

I hope we're all in good health!
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERJC View Post
    Hopefully they do what they say they're going to do and basically mimic how the rep. ran the country for 8yrs doing everything they wanted to do with no care how the other party felt on the matter.
    Please explain to me why in the hell you would hope any party much less the dems would do something like this? Wasn't this exactly what the Dem's were all pissed off about in the first place? Lack of bipartisanship. Kind of funny the pot calling the kettle black here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan®
    Nah not even. theres not enough alcohol on the planet that would convince me to bang that chick.I wouldn't hit that with Magic Johnson's dick.....on second thought
    Epic Foxbody Thread Crew Member #10

Did you no hear about all the bipartisanship they were so happy to have? 1 republican lol.
    Last edited by eraser4g63; 11-08-2009 at 04:41 PM.
    Try not. Do or Do not.

Well, all of our insurance premiums will be on their way up. Luckily my prices are locked for the next year.

You can also bet your taxes are on the way up, your co-pays are on the way up, and the service is on the way down.

Dems are all proud of the fact that they only lost 10% of the house dems, 12% would have made sure the bill lost. I wonder how many billion worth of earmarks are in this bill to buy the required votes.

Who was the RINO that voted for it? Snowe?

I am glad I am a independent, I can never see myself align with either party
    You have made it pretty clear you will side with anything the dems want to do, yet you call yourself an independent?

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    You have made it pretty clear you will side with anything the dems want to do, yet you call yourself an independent?
    Wut? You side with the right on everything, but who cares. Its just I disagree with so much the rep do, that's prolly why it seems that way
    2006 Evo IX - Bolt ons

It was Snowe, I am really hoping the senate stale mates on it.
    Try not. Do or Do not.

Well, all of our insurance premiums will be on their way up. Luckily my prices are locked for the next year.

You can also bet your taxes are on the way up, your co-pays are on the way up, and the service is on the way down.

Sounds like what has been happening since I was born. Maybe I missed something.
    "I'm not a gynecologist... but I'll take a look."

Public Enemy #1

Remember though, it still has to pass through the Senate, which is a good thing. Now that people are starting to realize that Obama and friends are dragging this nation down, once Dem. states are starting to swing more republican.

Anyways back to the point...the senate will in turn review the bill, make changes and then it will do back to the house. Which luckly will buy another year. This brings us into election time for both the house and the senate in 2010. Alot of them are stupid when there safe, but once it comes time to save there jobs, they will now that by supporting a bill that 60%+ of the nation does not want, they will start changing there opinions as always.

This bill may have passed right now with democratic majority, but next year after elections dems will lose majority and this bill will die next go around.

I wish we could pass a bill requiring all people in congress to read the bill before it can go into a vote, and they would be required to test over the material to make sure they read it, that would teach them to pass a 1990 page bill without even so much as reading part of it.

And not only that, but if they do start a public option insurance, that all of congress is required to take that instead of their comfy private option, just so they can enjoy the benefits that those with it will receive.

Anh "Joseph" Cao was the lone republican that voted for this. He represents New Orleans.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/200...politico/29299

Quote Originally Posted by eraser4g63 View Post
    Did you no hear about all the bipartisanship they were so happy to have? 1 republican lol.
    U missed the point i was making. One of the biggest issues of the elections was bi partisanship so when you have people like tiger going "I hope they do whatever the fuck they want" it just kind of makes me scratch my head considering the dems chastised the shit out of the republicans for it and now they are doing the exact same thing. and as far as im concerned now a much broader impacting scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan®
    Nah not even. theres not enough alcohol on the planet that would convince me to bang that chick.I wouldn't hit that with Magic Johnson's dick.....on second thought
    Epic Foxbody Thread Crew Member #10

Patience Pays...

Quote Originally Posted by redGT View Post
    U missed the point i was making. One of the biggest issues of the elections was bi partisanship so when you have people like tiger going "I hope they do whatever the fuck they want" it just kind of makes me scratch my head considering the dems chastised the shit out of the republicans for it and now they are doing the exact same thing. and as far as im concerned now a much broader impacting scale.
    Bipartisanship works when it comes from both sides, its pointless to want the Dem's to reach out if the sentiment is not returned. At which point I agree totally, you have the numbers so damn what the other side wants.

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

I don't think we will see a whole lot of bipartisanship from the republicans, anyone who does co-operate like Snowe or McCain or Lindsay Graham just gets labeled a RINO and shunned by Rush, Hannity, and the rest of the party leaders.

Its so bad that they are trying to force every last moderate out of the party they can. It happened last week to Deidre Scozzafava in NY 23... they threw everything they had at her... Rush, Hannity, Steele, Palin, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Mach'N'U View Post
    they will now that by supporting a bill that 60%+ of the nation does not want

Source please...I found this from Gallup (http://www.gallup.com/poll/123782/In...s-Details.aspx)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    The finding comes from a USA Today/Gallup poll conducted Oct. 16-19. In addition to the 39% of Americans still on the fence, 25% say they have already decided to support the final bill while a slightly larger number, 33%, say they will oppose it.

The Prospect of a Public Option
    With respect to one of the more contentious issues being debated -- whether the plan should include a government-run insurance plan to compete with private providers (a so-called public option) -- Americans are about evenly split, with 50% in favor and 46% opposed.

I'm not convinced that this bill (or the public option itself) is the best solution but I don't know why people say that the American public is so against it when the polls show its pretty even and actually leaning towards the public option.

Wut? You side with the right on everything, but who cares. Its just I disagree with so much the rep do, that's prolly why it seems that way
    Actually I dont. The only time I really agree with republicans is on economic issues. I am center to left on most social issues.

Quote Originally Posted by BABY J View Post
    If you thought it was bad before, you aint seen nothing yet. If this passes you will see ALL private insurers drasticly raise rates, not 1 and 2% a year. Probably closer to 50% so they can retain their profit margin. On top of that, you will see MUCH smaller networks of available doctors. They will do this to cut the administrative costs and vetting costs of large networks.

Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    Source please...I found this from Gallup (http://www.gallup.com/poll/123782/In...s-Details.aspx)

The finding comes from a USA Today/Gallup poll conducted Oct. 16-19. In addition to the 39% of Americans still on the fence, 25% say they have already decided to support the final bill while a slightly larger number, 33%, say they will oppose it.

The Prospect of a Public Option
    With respect to one of the more contentious issues being debated -- whether the plan should include a government-run insurance plan to compete with private providers (a so-called public option) -- Americans are about evenly split, with 50% in favor and 46% opposed.

I'm not convinced that this bill (or the public option itself) is the best solution but I don't know why people say that the American public is so against it when the polls show its pretty even and actually leaning towards the public option.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...th_care_reform

EDIT: I'm sure that someone here will dispute source because this is the one Hannity uses but the same argument can be said about the gallup polls.

Quote Originally Posted by zspeed24 View Post
    http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...th_care_reform

EDIT: I'm sure that someone here will dispute source because this is the one Hannity uses but the same argument can be said about the gallup polls.
    gallop, rasmussen, and zogby are the most widely accepted polling agencies.

gallop, rasmussen, and zogby are the most widely accepted polling agencies.

I know i just know how sometimes if someone like Hannity Beck Limbaugh or Boortz uses a source it automatically makes it a null source.

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender View Post
    I don't think we will see a whole lot of bipartisanship from the republicans, anyone who does co-operate like Snowe or McCain or Lindsay Graham just gets labeled a RINO and shunned by Rush, Hannity, and the rest of the party leaders.

Its so bad that they are trying to force every last moderate out of the party they can. It happened last week to Deidre Scozzafava in NY 23... they threw everything they had at her... Rush, Hannity, Steele, Palin, etc
    And the left does not do this? Oh no I am sorry instead they call them all to the white house to be bullied by the president.....
    Try not. Do or Do not.

Patience Pays...

I'll just say this about Rasmussen, the demographics of which they poll often excludes the lower class. I followed their polling numbers closely during the election and they were typically right on with upper middle class and up, but lower than that they were off.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I'll just say this about Rasmussen, the demographics of which they poll often excludes the lower class. I followed their polling numbers closely during the election and they were typically right on with upper middle class and up, but lower than that they were off.
    The opposite can be said of gallup. They do their polling using home phones during the day. That means you will get mostly lower class and the unemployed.

If you thought it was bad before, you aint seen nothing yet. If this passes you will see ALL private insurers drasticly raise rates, not 1 and 2% a year. Probably closer to 50% so they can retain their profit margin. On top of that, you will see MUCH smaller networks of available doctors. They will do this to cut the administrative costs and vetting costs of large networks.
    Right. And some smart insurers who's business is setup properly and doesn't have too much overhead will offer competetive rates (spark price wars). Little known insurers who have been doing the right thing at the right price under our noses this whole time will suddenly surface and be the "new guy" or "popular guy" on the block. It's not rocket science. So much to-do about nothing.

You guys kill me.

The opposite can be said of gallup. They do their polling using home phones during the day. That means you will get mostly lower class and the unemployed.
    How convenient to leave out the SELF-employed and telecommuters - who can easily be in the top 10% of earners annually (ask me, I know). Being a pessimist must suck huh?

Right. And some smart insurers who's business is setup properly and doesn't have too much overhead will offer competetive rates (spark price wars). Little known insurers who have been doing the right thing at the right price under our noses this whole time will suddenly surface and be the "new guy" or "popular guy" on the block. It's not rocket science. So much to-do about nothing.

You guys kill me.
    There is absolutely no way a private company can compete with a govt subsidized entity under the rules laid out in the house bill.

How convenient to leave out the SELF-employed and telecommuters - who can easily be in the top 10% of earners annually (ask me, I know). Being a pessimist must suck huh?
    This very small percentage of the population would be covered upder those not covered most.

Being a pessimist sucks just as bad as blind faith in a known liar.

This very small percentage of the population would be covered upder those not covered most.

Being a pessimist sucks just as bad as blind faith in a known liar.
    The only person who is blind in this forum is you and other nutswingers who should be old enough to know that NO ONE in that House is going to do much to change your life in the short-term. That's up to YOU. Instead of complaining on a forum where no1 GIVES a shit, call your congressman. Start a thread where you have a potential SOLUTION to the many things you gripe about on here.... stop complaining every week like a little pussy. I can find a million dumbasses to COMPLAIN about something... you're like somebody's nagging wife on here - that shit is not sexy.

But since I have your attention --- what President wasn't a liar? I'll wait.

The only person who is blind in this forum is you and other nutswingers who should be old enough to know that NO ONE in that House is going to do much to change your life in the short-term.
    Does short term include 2011 when the Bush tax cuts expire? If so, then having the govt take more of my money to give to someone else does affect my life in the short term.

By your reasoning, I should just ignore the long term because I dont get immediate gratification or consequences? How ignorant of you. Why dont you grow up and actually think for yourself. Dont believe Gibbs and Obama just because they say you should.

That's up to YOU. Instead of complaining on a forum where no1 GIVES a shit, call your congressman.
    I have. He and I are in complete agreement on this issue. He even signed on to propose a bill that would require congress to take part in the govt option. Unsurprisingly, Pelosi prevented it from going to a vote.

http://www.palmettoscoop.com/2009/11...s-of-congress/

Start a thread where you have a potential SOLUTION to the many things you gripe about on here.... stop complaining every week like a little pussy. I can find a million dumbasses to COMPLAIN about something... you're like somebody's nagging wife on here - that shit is not sexy.
    I have provided my ideas, which you obviously havent read so I will tell you. They align pretty well with the propositions that republicans have tried to get to a vote. Allow insurance to be purchased across state lines. Heavy tort reform. Heavy medicare reform to curtail some of the fraud and to go to negotiated rates instead of flat rates that are far lower than the real costs.

Now get the sand out of your worn out little clit and grow up. Govt screws up everything they touch, yet you are willing to bet my heath care to advance your own ideology.

So why are you putting your complete and total obedience to this one right after you admit hes a liar? As I said, how does it feel it be a blind servant of your messiah? I prefer to think for myself instead of bobbing on a known liar because he said I should.

The only person who is blind in this forum is you and other nutswingers who should be old enough to know that NO ONE in that House is going to do much to change your life in the short-term. That's up to YOU. Instead of complaining on a forum where no1 GIVES a shit, call your congressman. Start a thread where you have a potential SOLUTION to the many things you gripe about on here.... stop complaining every week like a little pussy. I can find a million dumbasses to COMPLAIN about something... you're like somebody's nagging wife on here - that shit is not sexy.

So instead of making a valid point we switch to name calling and bashing, Thanks for not disappointing.
    Try not. Do or Do not.

So instead of making a valid point we switch to name calling and bashing, Thanks for not disappointing.
    You're the noob.

He and I have many points that we agree on. And many that we don't - we go way back on this forum.

I am just tired of reading his complaints. CHOOSE YOUR GODDAMNED BATTLES - as a Vet he should know the value in that. Some you can win - some you are just spinning your wheels for no reason. Exert good energy in places where it counts and makes a difference.

There are around 195 countries in the world. Go live in one of those if you're not happy.

If you've done everything in your power to change your situation that you know and are legally capable of doing, then what's the point of continually whining like a pussy? THAT is my point.

And next time - you speak when being spoken to.

And J you OBV haven't read my posts about Obama. No1 that I supported more than 60% even made it to the big show (what a suprise). That includes Obama. But I didn't bitch about it when my guy didn't make it.... and I looked at the card that was presented to me. A and B. The difference between me and you is when I look at a test w/ an A or B answer I choose A or B. I don't write an essay about how much I wished that there was a C option.

IF any1 has sand in their vagina it's you - you can find your whines and gripes all over this forum - you WON'T find mine. Have a great evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach'N'U View Post
    Now that people are starting to realize that Obama and friends are dragging this nation down, once Dem. states are starting to swing more republican.

Your right! most people that bought into obamas garbage, are now scratching their heads thinking Maybe we fucked up...

It’s just the good ol’ boy in me
    I got my friends I got the recipe
    For one hell of a life

I got my girl got my family
    Got my booze and that’s all I need
    For a hell of a time

HELLYEAH!

As a Marine I learned that if you truely believe in something you dont give up, no matter what the odds. I'll stick with whining, bitching, complaining, and commenting as long as I want. I have earned that right with my blood and sweat and I'll be damned if I wont take full advantage of it anytime I want.

As far as actions go,I have contributed the little money I can to the campaigns of a couple of conservative candidates in blue districts, including Corzine in Jersey. The only reason I dont contribute to Gingrey is because he doesnt have any legitimate opposition and the money can be better spent elsewhere.

Sorry baby J I am used to dealing with people like Total Blender, but back on topic now Pelosi is peddling the cap and trade bill since they are touting this health care bill as a huge success.
    Try not. Do or Do not.

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

Sorry baby J I am used to dealing with people like Total Blender, .
    Nice to know I'm appreciated around here

bingo
    wealth is of the mind and not the pockett

i drive a giant blueberry preferredduck's Avatar

Sigh... Discuss.
    vote was 220-215
    And the Dems are parading around like they are the shiot right now, its actually kind of depressing.
    they are parading around because for the rest of their lives they get their health bills paid for them since they have their own "top of the line til you die" health plan that we pay for.

i think they should be put on the same healthcare plan we get. even the obama girls should b=have regular care too. naw who am i kidding they all will use the best of the best and never pay a deductable. lol
    Check out my for sale threads!! 15" competition speakerbox, 1TB External hard drive, and plenty of car parts!!!

I Need some WRX, 350Z, 240SX, Really any car owner to let me do R&D for Ground Kits, Please Let me See the layouts!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast