Thread: Elections tomorrow.

Default Elections tomorrow.

Heads up for voting tomorrow.

11/3/09 General/Special Election

I'm having trouble finding a ballot to post up.

Candidates for SD-1 and HD-159 qualified this week for a special election to fill vacant seats left by legislators hoping to move up the ladder of elected office.
    The special election will be held on November 3rd.
    Senate District 1:
    (to fill the seat left vacant by Eric Johnson)

I still cant find any thing about it.
    Try not. Do or Do not.

In Cobb County, 37th District my brother is running for State Rep. His name is Jason Shepherd. Just thought I would give him a bump.
    Last edited by Justin51982; 11-02-2009 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin51982 View Post
    In Cobb County, 37th District my brother is rubbing for State Rep. His name is Jason Shepherd. Just thought I would give him a bump.
    What exactly does this entail? jking.
    Try not. Do or Do not.

HAHA my bad, guess I need to hit edit

There is a SPLOST referendum on the Douglas county ballot today. They want to use the money collected to build a $150,000,000 new jail. Generally i would vote against this but I'm having a debate with myself this year. They are going to build this new jail regardless because the inmates are packed in four deep in a 6X10 cell now. I really don't want my property taxes going up anymore than they already have so i guess i'll be voting for it this year.

What do you all think is gonna happen with the atlanta mayoral race, I figure runoff in December.

About to leave here soon. My siblings are out of school for voting too. That's kind of crazy.
    My boyfriend is better than you...

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LizBiz View Post
    About to leave here soon. My siblings are out of school for voting too. That's kind of crazy.
    Probably so the faculty/staff can go vote. Or its some kind of furlough day for the school system. They usually try to toss in furlough time where you would normally be taking leave anyway. We're having some of our paid vacation days furloughed. Yo dawg, I heard you like days off so we put a furlough day in your vacation so you can not work while you're not working

Not very interested in the local races as they really dont affect me. I have been keeping an eye on the races in NY 23, Va, and NJ though.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    Not very interested in the local races as they really dont affect me. I have been keeping an eye on the races in NY 23, Va, and NJ though.
    Same here

Republicans win a landslide in VA. 2 more to go.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    I'm curious as to why the race for governor of two states you don't live in and a race in a tiny district in NY would be more important to you than the elections for your own representatives?...honest question.

Zspeed feel free to answer as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    I'm curious as to why the race for governor of two states you don't live in and a race in a tiny district in NY would be more important to you than the elections for your own representatives?...honest question.

Zspeed feel free to answer as well.

No representatives were up for election for me. The only one that would have affected me was uncontested.

VA and NJ were big because it showed how much popularity dems have lost among independents in just 1 year. That is a positive sign in getting Obama evicted it 2012. This is especially true in NJ which is one of the darkest blue states in the country.

the NY 23 election was important because I was hoping for another vote against Obamacare. Unfortunately that didnt work out for the good guys.

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

That tiny district in NY picked up a House seat for the Dems. The GOP brought in all their big names and all their capital too... Palin, Gingrich, etc.

Local elections can have a pretty significant impact. Just look at the Cobb County school board and all the crazy book-burning kind of shit they are famous for. I almost want to move to Cobb just to be able to exercise the right to vote against those assholes. Also, some localities have been having referendums for the de-criminalization of marijuana, property taxes/Splost, etc etc.