View Poll Results: Do you agree, "Dont ask, dont tell" should be ended?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 24.32%
  • No

28 75.68%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obama wants to end "Don't ask, don't tell"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender View Post
    Anyone and everyone is in danger of HIV nowadays, even us breeders. You're just as much in danger of HIV from your hetero comrades who fuck around as you are from any homosexuals. If anything I would say you might be in more danger from straight people because most gays are aware of the risks and actually get themselves tested regularly, rather than living in denial of their risk like yourself and all the other homophobes who believe that God sent AIDS to destroy the gays..

Haha, you are fucking ridiculous.

1. I don't believe in God. I stopped believing what was being told to me at church at a very, very early age.
    2. You're making me out to seem like a Republican, and lemme tell you; I am far from one.

Homosexuals although a very neat, and clean species are also fucking morons. I'm sure they get annual/monthly check-ups, but they are constantly engaging in butthole sex. I personally have no problem with homosexuality, but get real man. Would a homosexual really have the courage that people in the military require to succesfully guard their assigned station? If I knew that my comrade enjoyed sucking dick dry I would be hesitant to roll with him to the front lines.

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacc View Post
    If I knew that my comrade enjoyed sucking dick dry I would be hesitant to roll with him to the front lines.
    I am friends with few gay people (and I have a couple of gay relatives) and I would defend them to the death, I'd trust them to defend my life as well. They are people no different from you and I except for which orifice they choose. Which is totally their business and has no bearing on me at all.

From what you posted though, your life is worth maybe $0.05 to me right now because your only use to society is as a bullet cushion. $0.05 is about what a 7.62x39 round costs in the Pakastani black market, right?

Anywho, carry on.

Banned

Stop being so sensitive, buzo. I know a couple gay dudes too, and I have no problem with them. They're funny motherfuckers who can really help you out if you're trying to get laid. My opinion is that they could do whatever the fuck they want - I, personally just wouldn't want one beside me in combat.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    I dont think there should be a BAN on gays in the military, but i agree with the dont ask dont tell.

Someones sexual orientation is not needed for other jobs, why the military?

because military is real mans job, gay guy is not a real man.

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 02SloWrx View Post
    because military is real mans job, gay guy is not a real man.
    Dear Guy

Please, elaborate on what is/isn't a "real" man. I find all this hate speak, self righteous doubletalk, and vulgar display of ignorance absolutely hilarious.

Your friend,

Total Blender

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    I dont think there should be a BAN on gays in the military, but i agree with the dont ask dont tell.

Someones sexual orientation is not needed for other jobs, why the military?
    My sentiments exactly.

The thing about rooming/bunking together is that the soldiers will be in close quarters whether the gays are openly gay or in the closet.
    Of course, if no one knows they are gay they are going to slip through.

As long as gay-ness stays trapped in the closet, there will be homophobia and hate.
    Its been years since gay were "trapped in the closet". This thread has nothing to do with homophobia or hate. Disagreeing with the end of this law has nothing to do with either.

When you have restrictions on where gays can/can't serve, it legitimizes the hatespeak and prejudice.
    No it doesnt. This is about logistics. There are simply situations that make it impossible to provide the proper levels of privacy that are needed with people of different sexes (I use that term to keep things in context.).

The way for gays to truly be accepted as equals in society is to break the glass ceilings as to where they can't be open with their sexuality.
    there is no glass ceiling in this case.

I'm not saying that gays should join the military just to promote equality, what I'm saying is that if a gay person were to serve, they shouldn't have to mis-represent themselves, they should have just as much right to represent themselves and be who they as as straight people.
    Thats all fine and dandy, but there are situations that simply dont lend itself to that. This is no different than expecting men and women to live together.

Imagine if you had someone telling you when and where you can be straight... sexual orientation its a part of who we are as Human Beings and we just can't "turn it off". We can repress it, but its still there under the surface.
    blah blah blah.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12