Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: THE PRESIDENT WINS NOBEL PEACE PRIZE

MOST HATED

Default THE PRESIDENT WINS NOBEL PEACE PRIZE

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

AWESOME!!!

Can anyone tell me what he has done besides bash America?

unfortunately they have just made a mockery of the NPP....

amazing what he did between Jan. 20th at Noon, when he took office, and Feb 1st, the deadline for nominations to disarm countries such as Iran.....oh wait....didn't Iran just test fire one of their biggest missiles and experts have determined they are a mere 5-7 years away from being able to equip such a missile with a nuclear warhead?

way to go obama....he's a true inspiration
    -2001 Lexus IS300
    -2004 Pontiac GTO - 530hp/625ft lbs - 10.62@130mph - Sold!

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    I got five on it, that if this guy ever does meet Evil Goat he shits his pants and says nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Goat View Post
    unfortunately they have just made a mockery of the NPP....

amazing what he did between Jan. 20th at Noon, when he took office, and Feb 1st, the deadline for nominations to disarm countries such as Iran.....oh wait....didn't Iran just test fire one of their biggest missiles and experts have determined they are a mere 5-7 years away from being able to equip such a missile with a nuclear warhead?

way to go obama....he's a true inspiration
    They made a mockery of the npp when Yasir Arafat (sp) won it.

What a fucking joke.

I think its awesome, they just proved how the Europeans will pander to Obama, and how Obama will pander to the Europeans.

He deserved this about as much as George W. Bush did
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

roflcopter V-Spec II

Obama wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

Obama award sad - NI Nobel winner

World reacts to Obama peace prize

I love this quote:

TALIBAN SPOKESMAN ZABIHULLAH MUJAHID

We have seen no change in his strategy for peace. He has done nothing for peace in Afghanistan. He has not taken a single step for peace in Afghanistan or to make this country stable.

We condemn the award of the Noble Peace Prize for Obama. We condemn the institute's awarding him the peace prize. We condemn this year's peace prize as unjust.

MOTHERFUCKERS WHO ARE YOU TO TALK ABOUT MAKING STEPS FOR PEACE OR STABILITY?!

MOST HATED

Quote Originally Posted by zspeed24 View Post
    They made a mockery of the npp when Yasir Arafat (sp) won it.

Truth.

i would like to say total horse crap....that is all
    yes i am....

Banned

yeah, i puked in my mouth a little when i saw he won it

MOST HATED

I want to say I'm happy for him but I can't.
    I don't think he's done enough, particularly at this early stage in the presidency, to merit winning such a prestigious award.

I don't think he deserves it but for some reason I can't bring myself to care either way.

I dont know if you guys know this, but you dont have to be a president to win this award. And him being a president only has a small bit to do with why he won this award.

Congratulations, President Obama

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Senior Member | IA Veteran

WHAT IN THE FUCK

Damn it seems like people from other countries have more faith in Obama than his own people. What a shame! It seems like everyone else is rooting for Obama to succeed, while (some) Americans are rooting for him to fail. *shakes head* I would of never thought he would of won the Noble Peace Prize this soon (or at all) in his campaign, but that goes to show you how majority of the world view our leader. I would have rather have a leader that other countries think highly of and willing to work with, then one that everyone hated (Bush).

P.S. Also to everyone that's bitching, he may have won based on lack of competition LOL

I love how all the Obama dick suckers talk about how people should support Obama because he's our President however our last President was insulted everyday by nearly everyone. Hypocritical? I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdare23 View Post
    Damn it seems like people from other countries have more faith in Obama than his own people. What a shame! It seems like everyone else is rooting for Obama to succeed, while (some) Americans are rooting for him to fail. *shakes head* I would of never thought he would of won the Noble Peace Prize this soon (or at all) in his campaign, but that goes to show you how majority of the world view our leader. I would have rather have a leader that other countries think highly of and willing to work with, then one that everyone hated (Bush).

P.S. Also to everyone that's bitching, he may have won based on lack of competition LOL
    Reps. This is why the Nobel Peace Prize isnt picked by Americans. Too much selfishness going on here. And by the way, if he wasnt picked this year, it would have definitely been next year.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

MOST HATED

I'm not an Obama hater by any means however, logic dictates that he should not have won. He didn't do anything significant leading up to the award nomination period because as I understand it, he wasn't in office but a few weeks prior. He hasn't done much in the way of peace keeping or humanitarianism since he has been in office.

Supporting the man is one thing but blind devotion is asinine.

This would be like taking a charismatic person like KIMBO Slice and making him Heavyweight champion of the world without ever fighting anyone.

This would be like me saying "I have a great idea for a book" and me winning the pulitizer prize before i wrote the book.

So now we give away Nobel Peace prizes to people that MIGHT do some good? That make the world feel all fuzzy and warm inside? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? They dont think HIGHLY OF HIM, they think hes a PUSSY! Look at Iran, they dont give a shit about whether it was Bush or Obama. Obama left them alone. NK, dont give a shit about obama, Europe has been apolagized to BY OBAMA. The UN he practically apolagized to everyone over what Bush did. WHAT HAS HE DONE, NAME IT RIGHT IT DOWN I WANT TO SEE IT. WHAT IS HE GOING TO DO? Healthcare nowhere near passing, afghanistan up in the air, iraq isnt over, gitmo still open, recession getting worse or staying stagnant........ I love the "its for things hes trying to achieve" but hes not trying to achieve anything, and theres no signs ANY of his policies are working at all.

But even so, he was president for 11 days when the noms were due. LOL 11 fucking days. What was he before that? A 2 year senator that has no record. WOW, great guy

Seriously some of you have to listen to yourselves type and reconsider what you are inferring.

Blank CD, next year when we have LOST the war in Afghanistan, Unemployment is over 10% and this recession is HIS BABY, i hope they take back the Nobel Award.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

LOL at people thinking Presidency has anything to do with this Peace Prize award! You do NOT have to be a sitting US President to qualify. You do not even have to be in public office to qualify! Stop saying "Because he was only in office so many days before the nomination, that he does not qualify" That sounds like you havent read anything about the prize itself. Achievements do not have to be made, but progress must be underway, which it is. NOBODY is even taking into account his efforts for a nuclear weapons free world

Mike, your analogy on heavyweight championship title is FAR from accurate

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    LOL at people thinking Presidency has anything to do with this Peace Prize award! You do NOT have to be a sitting US President to qualify. You do not even have to be in public office to qualify! Stop saying "Because he was only in office so many days before the nomination, that he does not qualify" That sounds like you havent read anything about the prize itself. Achievements do not have to be made, but progress must be underway, which it is. NOBODY is even taking into account his efforts for a nuclear weapons free world

Man you totally miss the presidency point. Of course you dont have to be a president to win, no one said you had to be.

BUT HE DID NOTHING BEFORE HIS PRESIDENCY TO WIN A NOBEL PIECE PRIZE, WHAT DID HE DID HE DO IN 11 DAYS THAT:

Achievements do not have to be made, but progress must be underway, which it is
    Stop the rhetoric, Tell me what he did in 11 days that made him worthy of winning, or tell me what he did PRIOR to his presidency that made him worthy of winning.

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR ANSWER.

What he did after FEB 1st is well known, ive already stated it, hes done nothing. Unemployment, worse, war in iraq, still going on , war in afghanistam, worse, healthcare, not passed i could go on and on and on.

SOMEONE thought he was worthy of being nominated. If he should have been nominated BEFORE HE WAS PRESIDENT why wasnt he considered in 2006,2007? He was running for office those 2 years so he didnt do anything legislative.

Waiting.............
    -www.usedbarcode.net

No one addressed this this point. Who was he going against? He may have just been the best of the bunch. Just say, what if he was the best of the bunch? Because you feel he isn't qualified or hasn't done much they should just skip this year? This year's competition may have been the equivalent to a flat chested wet t-shirt contest. Since you GOT to pick a winner, you pick the one with the nicest nipples. Everyone has an opinion. It's no different than last year's NBA MVP battle between Kobe and James. You can't make everyone happy, and that wasn't their goal. They pick WHO THEY FELT deserved it this year and it happened to be him. Do I feel like Obama is the next Mother Teresa? Not right now, but I do believe he is a breath of fresh air, and that other nations have the same view. That's alone is worth consideration when just about every other nation hated our last president. I look it like this. The judges voted, and he won so what! Now he has another monkey on his back to deal. That's just one more thing Obama haters can hate him for!

I know its hard for you to see what hes actually done, cause you're looking at this through tunnel vision, which is why you used the examples of helthcare and unemployment, which have nothing at all to do with the peace prize. So with those aside, the war in Afghanistan and Iraq? Yeah I can admit they're both bullshit and should be stopped immediately, but you cant tell me the wheels are not turning in an effort to resolve and end both, plus nuclear disarmament? Didnt Ahmadenijad agree to discuss enriching nuclear power for the purpose of weapons? You cant say he hasnt set in motion ANY kind of plans for diplomacy.

Lets take a well known NPP winner, for example, Martin Luther King Jr. Obviously he won for his work to end racial segregation and discrimination. Was there still segregation going on after he won the prize? Of course. Was there discrimination going on after he won the prize? Still going on today. But you can't sit here and say he didn't set the wheels in motion for the plans to end both

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    11 days
    Damn he won the noble peace prize in 11 days. This man must be great then, everyone should love him then since no other man/woman has done that before

Naw, they may have looked at everything during that 11 day period, the things he was doing few months after he won the election (when Bush was still in office), the whole time he was traveling during his campaign, and the stuff he has done before that. Never know.

I'm done with this thread because it's going to turn into another "I hate Obama", "Obama is fucking everything up " thread like every other in the Politics section. Shit, IA might as well change the Politics section to Bash Obama section. Have fun guys

Also another tidbit of information. The nominations are in by Feb 1st. The committee still has to review them up until September. So its not what he did in the first 11 days, its what hes done up until last month.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Still no specifics from the obama lovers

that's what I thought. You can't argue with people that follow someone blindly.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Breath of fresh air lololololol

he hasn't done anything! Everything bush did Obama has done from wars to bailouts spending etc.

So funny
    -www.usedbarcode.net

ATTN: NAYSAYERS

Feel free to list a candidate for 2009 who has done MORE than Obama, or who you feel has done MORE to merit winning such an award

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Feel free to list a candidate for 2009 who has done MORE than Obama, or who you feel has done MORE to merit winning such an award
    As described in Nobel's will, one part was dedicated to "the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses". http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/p...hortfacts.html

So you honestly think that out of a RECORD 205 nominees, 172 individuals and 33 organizations, that no one person or organization has done more than Obama to promote peace?

Let's set aside the fact that he is President, don't even take that into account, what has the junior senator, the "community organizer" done to promote peace at any point in his life? Name just one major accomplishment that he has made, just one.

No one addressed this this point. Who was he going against? He may have just been the best of the bunch. Just say, what if he was the best of the bunch? Because you feel he isn't qualified or hasn't done much they should just skip this year?

Actually, yes. If that was the case and it was felt that he was "the best of the bunch" and yet still not qualified, as has been in the past, that is exactly what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobelprize.org
    Number of Nobel Peace Prizes

89 Nobel Peace Prizes have been awarded since 1901. It was not awarded on 19 occasions: in 1914-1918, 1923, 1924, 1928, 1932, 1939- 1943, 1948, 1955-1956, 1966-1967 and 1972.

Why were the Prizes not awarded in those years? In the statutes of the Nobel Foundation it says: "If none of the works under consideration is found to be of the importance indicated in the first paragraph, the prize money shall be reserved until the following year. If, even then, the prize cannot be awarded, the amount shall be added to the Foundation's restricted funds." During World War I and II, no prizes were awarded.
    http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/p...hortfacts.html

Patience Pays...

My thing is people are acting like he sought the award...

Patience Pays...

Heres the thing, everyone who is so critical of Obama and what he has or hasn't done seem to dwindle the fact that NOBODY has done what the man has done.. not one person. To his critics he's done nothing but in reality he's made history. I praised H.W Bush for being the first and only President to have an MBA, the man is very intelligent even though many claim him to be an idiot. Obama has done some pretty amazing things considering his upbringing, his story is quite inspiring to those who have similar backgrounds.

Now this award is pre-emptive I will say that and it would have been better to wait.. but nonetheless he won and a simple 'congratulations' is not asking too much.

The Committee keeps the nominations secret and asks that nominators do the same. We wont know the nominees for some time he was up against.

But these people i feel deserved it more than him:

The Iranian people for rising up against their leadership and peacefully protested and were unfairly attacked.

The people in the Darfur Genocide

There are plenty of other people out there. Obama was not at fault for winning i never said he was. I just said he didnt deserve it
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Heres the thing, everyone who is so critical of Obama and what he has or hasn't done seem to dwindle the fact that NOBODY has done what the man has done.. not one person. To his critics he's done nothing but in reality he's made history. I praised H.W Bush for being the first and only President to have an MBA, the man is very intelligent even though many claim him to be an idiot. Obama has done some pretty amazing things considering his upbringing, his story is quite inspiring to those who have similar backgrounds.

Now this award is pre-emptive
    I will say that and it would have been better to wait.. but nonetheless he won and a simple 'congratulations' is not asking too much.
    This is what im trying to say, and people just arent getting it.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

This is what im trying to say, and people just arent getting it.
    No, you keep reminding us that Obama's presidency has nothing to do with him winning the prize. Obama campaigned many of the same ideals on how to handle the war as other candidates.. but within the time frame of the nomination there was no possible way they could even be enacted. Obama did very little/nothing prior to the presidency to merit the award. So basically by your conclusion anybody who won the presidency by campaigning about ending the wars would be equally as entitled to winning as Obama.

The fact is that I have a hard time believing that Obama was the best candidate for the award, at least this year. Obama has made history and etc etc but none of this has anything to do with the qualifications for nomination for this award. Its tiring to see so many nutswingers latching on and backing him no matter how obsurd the reason or stretch.

Patience Pays...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMJuEOaF84o

A lot I didn't actually know in that video, think it addresses a lot of the concerns here.. but I'm sure even still there will be some kind of argument for arguments sake.

He deserved it like a child deserves to be molested, what a god damn joke.
    Try not. Do or Do not.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMJuEOaF84o

A lot I didn't actually know in that video, think it addresses a lot of the concerns here.. but I'm sure even still there will be some kind of argument for arguments sake.
    Obama has done nothing to further peace. Those news clips are what a bunch of speeches he gave. Great , WHAT HAS HE DONE. NOTHING.

People are hiding behind this "oh the peace prize can go to people putting EFFORT forward"

IMO he hasnt done anything but apolagize for the George BUsh
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Green, You're twisting my words. Thank you for playing.

Tony, thank you for posting that video. Perfect explanation

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast