Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IT'S HISPANIC HERITAGE MONTH...AND NO ONE IS BITCHING ABOUT IT..WHAT GIVES?

MOST HATED

Default IT'S HISPANIC HERITAGE MONTH...AND NO ONE IS BITCHING ABOUT IT..WHAT GIVES?

Among the numerous ethnic and racial heritage months observed in this country, we are in the middle of Hispanic Heritage Month. Conveniently, none of our resident closet racists and bigots have said shit about it. Why is that?

For reference:

http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/...ns/013984.html

Being Hispanic myself, I had no idea about this until recently but I figured that I would take some of the heat from Black History Month by giving you guys something else to bitch about.

Have at it.

Probably because no one knows. Personally I have better things to do than bitch about it because October is my favorite month of the year. Fall, Halloween, etc. So not worth bitching over something I know nothing about, and previously knew nothing of. Oh yeah I forgot, I'm not racist anyways. I'm sure however there are some that will be more than happy to express their views.

MOST HATED

Quote Originally Posted by TSiFTW View Post
    Probably because no one knows. Personally I have better things to do than bitch about it because October is my favorite month of the year. Fall, Halloween, etc. So not worth bitching over something I know nothing about, and previously knew nothing of. Oh yeah I forgot, I'm not racist anyways. I'm sure however there are some that will be more than happy to express their views.
    You're absolutely correct.
    I'm very sure that people will express their views on the issue.
    This is more an attempt at satirizing the beliefs that people have concerning ethnic heritage months.

There are months dedicated to just about every ethnic, racial, and special interest group in this country and I just wanted to make note of that.

Also, I wasn't saying you were racist so please do not take it that way.
    Last edited by BobbyFresco; 10-06-2009 at 07:30 AM.

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

Bobby. Can you move this over to POLITICS? This would actually be a good topic over there. Over here you know it will end up off track faster than a model train in Gomez Addams house. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

MOST HATED

Moved.

Im not upset becauses I celebrate white power month 13 moths out of the year!

We are too great for just 12. haha
    95 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon Limited

I actually think learning Hispanic culture would be a good thing. They have just as much (if not more) history in the US than black folks. They've been around since the mid 1500's. Pretty much same as black folks. I wouldn't see a problem with learning these people. Later, QD.

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ View Post
    I actually think learning Hispanic culture would be a good thing. They have just as much (if not more) history in the US than black folks. They've been around since the mid 1500's. Pretty much same as black folks. I wouldn't see a problem with learning these people. Later, QD.
    At the end of the day, that is all everyone should do. The more we all learn about the melting pot we live in, theoretically we can live better together. I say theoretically because some folks just refuse to cooperate.

no one bitching about it cuz the Hispanics are rebuild and clean up the floods aftermath....

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyFresco View Post
    Among the numerous ethnic and racial heritage months observed in this country, we are in the middle of Hispanic Heritage Month. Conveniently, none of our resident closet racists and bigots have said shit about it. Why is that?.
    You just did. Have a nice day.

MOST HATED

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    You just did. Have a nice day.
    Such an eloquent and well thought out post.
    Thank you for making my point for me.

Such an eloquent and well thought out post.
    Thank you for making my point for me.
    Why is that? Cause I'm not playing your little baiting game.

I love Hispanics! Hell I love all races, (but hispanics a little more lol). I knew that it was Hispanic Heritage month. Been making me want one so bad. So do I get a free hispanic for the month? :wink: Oh and I would prefer for him to be bi-lingual. I like it when they talk dirty in spanish
    THAT'S MY JAM!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Octopus™ View Post
    what do you have against Old Navy? What did Old Navy do to you? You should have had your gift reciept for your return you ghostfaced bitch.

MOST HATED

Why is that? Cause I'm not playing your little baiting game.
    I'm sorry that this isn't an Obama, Black people or Liberals bashing thread.
    I forgot that those are the only topics which percolate your interest.

I noticed the same thing "Bobby"

It's probably because no one makes a big deal about it. We make a big deal about Black History Month so it stirs up a lot of controversy and bickering.
    My boyfriend is better than you...

MOST HATED

Quote Originally Posted by LizBiz View Post
    I noticed the same thing "Bobby"

It's probably because no one makes a big deal about it. We make a big deal about Black History Month so it stirs up a lot of controversy and bickering.

I think it's not solely the fact that "we" make a big deal about it.
    IMO, it's more due to the fact that Hispanic Heritage month is less publicized than BHM...

Sadly enough, I only recently learned of HHM and that was through a commercial on television.

I'm still waiting on my free Hispanic. Should I expect him in the mail or will he be at my front door step?
    THAT'S MY JAM!
    what do you have against Old Navy? What did Old Navy do to you? You should have had your gift reciept for your return you ghostfaced bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesClues View Post
    I love Hispanics! Hell I love all races, (but hispanics a little more lol). I knew that it was Hispanic Heritage month. Been making me want one so bad. So do I get a free hispanic for the month? :wink: Oh and I would prefer for him to be bi-lingual. I like it when they talk dirty in spanish
    Im mexican and I didnt even know it was Hispanic month LOL

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

I'm sorry that this isn't an Obama, Black people or Liberals bashing thread.
    I forgot that those are the only topics which percolate your interest.
    To be fair, I saw Jimmy post in a thread about guns too.

There are all sorts of awesome cultural things to find in ethnic histories. I was watching a show the other day about how tamales came to popularity in Chicago of all places. Apparently in the 1920's Blacks picked up tamales from migrant hispanic workers and took tamales with them when they left the South for industrialized cities in the North. During which, they changed because Blacks used meal instead of flour, and boiled the tamales instead of steaming them. Crazy stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by cactusEG View Post
    Im mexican and I didnt even know it was Hispanic month LOL
    I watch MTV quite often (like all the time) and they have been saying it all month along with playing different types of latino music
    THAT'S MY JAM!

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyFresco
    Among the numerous ethnic and racial heritage months observed in this country, we are in the middle of Hispanic Heritage Month. Conveniently, none of our resident closet racists and bigots have said shit about it. Why is that?
    it's because schools don't recognize the holiday. it's all good for kids to dress up for tacky day, holloween costumes, george washington, christopher columbus, etc....it's when they have to dress like george washington carver, MLK, sammy sosa, sonia sotomayor, etc., is when the closet racists and bigots come out.

I think it's not solely the fact that "we" make a big deal about it.
    IMO, it's more due to the fact that Hispanic Heritage month is less publicized than BHM...

Sadly enough, I only recently learned of HHM and that was through a commercial on television.
    Exactly!!! You took the words right out my hands. I only recently heard of it as well. But once HHM becomes more publicized it will receive the same scrutiny as BHM sadly. IMO.
    My boyfriend is better than you...

MOST HATED

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    it's because schools don't recognize the holiday. it's all good for kids to dress up for tacky day, holloween costumes, george washington, christopher columbus, etc....it's when they have to dress like george washington carver, MLK, sammy sosa, sonia sotomayor, etc., is when the closet racists and bigots come out.

I also think it's awesome how it's common practice to view athletes as role models but significantly positive figures like Barack Obama, who has played by the conservative's model for success for minorities i.e ( gone to school, worked hard, become a model citizen) is treated like a indencent human being.

I also think it's awesome how it's common practice to view athletes as role models but significantly positive figures like Barack Obama, who has played by the conservative's model for success for minorities i.e ( gone to school, worked hard, become a model citizen) is treated like a indencent human being.
    Bolded for emphasis, colored for flavor.

I've never seen anyone dress up as Washington or Columbus. Tacky day, Halloween are a couple of days that I have no idea why you lumped in.

So what's the point? Later, QD.

The Right seems to be saying that theres no racism anymore, as long as Blacks stay silent about race.

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender View Post
    The Right seems to be saying that theres no racism anymore, as long as Blacks stay silent about race.
    Source please. And I don't mean stormfront like the last time I asked for a source.

As far as Obama goes, I listen to a lot of talk radio and I have yet to hear an attack on him for anything other than the company he keeps and his politics. Both are valid critism of a president.

Banned

I'm still waiting on my free Hispanic. Should I expect him in the mail or will he be at my front door step?
    im speak spanish very well, if you wanna do some dirty talk i can handle that for ya

Source please. And I don't mean stormfront like the last time I asked for a source.

Quote Originally Posted by [URL="http://www.newsweek.com/id/215742"
    Newsweek article[/URL]]But rather than deal with the discomfort of talking about race, we've continued to follow outdated rules about what words can be said by whom or, even worse, to stay silent. As if not speaking of racism will somehow make it go away. Silence, even the well-meaning kind, rarely wins an argument. It just allows the lunatic fringe to fill the vacuum in the public debate. And this reluctance doesn't help the effort to achieve racial equality, it hurts it.
    I don't have to point very far to find examples of "get over it" or any of the other condescending bile here on this forum, and on every forum really. Conservatives refuse to debate the issue, the only answer they will really accept from the other side is silence.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by [URL="http://www.newsweek.com/id/215742"
    Newsweek article[/url]]But rather than deal with the discomfort of talking about race, we've continued to follow outdated rules about what words can be said by whom or, even worse, to stay silent. As if not speaking of racism will somehow make it go away. Silence, even the well-meaning kind, rarely wins an argument. It just allows the lunatic fringe to fill the vacuum in the public debate. And this reluctance doesn't help the effort to achieve racial equality, it hurts it."

You don't really consider this op/ed article a source on the way conservatives feel about race do you?

im available

Quote Originally Posted by btstone View Post
    im speak spanish very well, if you wanna do some dirty talk i can handle that for ya
    But are you of hispanic culture? If not, then this statement does not apply lol
    THAT'S MY JAM!

Quote Originally Posted by blue94eg6 View Post
    im available
    So how yooouuuu doooiiinnnn
    THAT'S MY JAM!

well my wife has been talkinh in nothing but spanish this month for our kids so they can learn the language. and she's teaching my oldest daughter to make some simple puerto rican dishes.

good eats.
    wealth is of the mind and not the pockett

^^^ I envy you lol
    THAT'S MY JAM!

So how yooouuuu doooiiinnnn
    sorry babe i'm happily taken good luck with ur search though!!!

im available

actually schools do recognize HHM, atleast the ones i went to. my middle school and high school had a program every yr, where all the hispanic flags are brought out by students and a dance from different hispanic countries area performed. i remember in high school this hawt columbian chick was dancing salsa and her top came off during her performance :boobies: lol

Quote Originally Posted by ls-r teg
    damn, i want that penis

I've never seen anyone dress up as Washington or Columbus. Tacky day, Halloween are a couple of days that I have no idea why you lumped in.

So what's the point? Later, QD.
    one major issue "closet racists" tend to bring up, is why these [insert minority race here] history months' are being observed in schools & them or their children are forced to participate. i just find it funny that some of those same people (student or parent) find it ok to wear pajamas to school for tacky day, make-up and costumes on halloween, paint on their faces for games, dress like lincoln & give a speech, etc. but have a major issue if you have to dress up like hank aaron during black history month. hell...i've seen that argument from PLENTY of members here every single february. anyhow, i wasn't being specific...just giving an example.

the irony AND answer to bobby's question...the ignorant bunch has yet to bitch about why there's a "hispanic heritage month", due to the fact that they probably don't know it exist. they probably would know it exist if it were observed in schools (much like black history month), giving them a reason to begin their bitching.

one major issue "closet racists" tend to bring up, is why these [insert minority race here] history months' are being observed in schools & them or their children are forced to participate.
    To be honest, and I don't know where you live, but I've NEVER heard of any REAL "major issues" with BHM. The only people that I ever hear speak negatively on this are your run-of-the-mill nobodies that complain to each other in pool halls. I've never really heard of an "official" controversies. So I don't really know what you're talking about.

i just find it funny that some of those same people (student or parent) find it ok to wear pajamas to school for tacky day, make-up and costumes on halloween, paint on their faces for games, dress like lincoln & give a speech, etc. but have a major issue if you have to dress up like hank aaron during black history month. hell...i've seen that argument from PLENTY of members here every single february. anyhow, i wasn't being specific...just giving an example.
    So you have a problem with children dressing up in pajamas and mismatched clothes because you think they're not allowed to dress up like Hank Aaron? Wow, I guess. Where you say you've heard that plenty of times, again, I've never heard of that. I've actually never heard of that being "an issue" at all. Ever. Just seems to me that you're like the white dudes that want to make petty "arguments" about why blacks are allowed to have BET with your argument on why they can dress up one way but not another.

Just seems pointless to me. Later, QD.

the irony AND answer to bobby's question...the ignorant bunch has yet to bitch about why there's a "hispanic heritage month", due to the fact that they probably don't know it exist. they probably would know it exist if it were observed in schools (much like black history month), giving them a reason to begin their bitching.[/QUOTE]

Bobby. Can you move this over to POLITICS? This would actually be a good topic over there. Over here you know it will end up off track faster than a model train in Gomez Addams house. Later, QD.
    Awesome metaphor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast