Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obama's First Six Months' Accomplishments

Quote Originally Posted by Mach'N'U
    Where do you see Obama getting blamed for anything bush did? Hell Bush's was was in Iraq, Obama is pushing the war in Afganastan(sp)!
    You don't follow history do you? You are one of these new age historians, that thinks history started and things got bad when Obama was elected.

Let me inform you of something twinkletoes, blame BUSH SR for Afghanistan. The country actually was headed towards democracy WITHOUT our help, including womens rights and moving more Western in idiologies. When the Soviets tried to muscle in, well we supported...

Osama...

Thats right, we gave millions and arms to Osama as a "freedom fighter". Millions of Afghan citizens died and we can't fathom that. We can't fathom Mexico fighting Canada and millions of Americans dying.

OUr great govt backdoored their way to fight war in Afghanastan. If you don't want to read, at least watch "Charlie Wilson's War" on T.V.

Well after "we" beat the Soviets we claimed "victory" packed out shit and left.

We did not help establish ANYTHING. We stopped giving a fuck b/c we beat the USSR, you know that evil country. That country that no longer exists....

So it was RIPE for someone to come in and develop and take control and the TALIBAN did. They only RECENTLY gained power. They hate us b/c we turned our backs when it was time to rebuild then we started calling them terrorists.

Afghanistan IS the problem it NEVER was Iraq. There was NO TALIBAN STRONGHOLD IN IRAQ.

Obama is going after the REAL PROBLEM, not fooling Americans into going into Iraq so that SOB could get re-elected. Every intel has now said Iraq had no WMD, it should not have been done and even Bush apologized.

Facts> your biased opinion
    Vossen CV3 20x9 & 20x10.5

Public Enemy #1

Quote Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
    You don't follow history do you? You are one of these new age historians, that thinks history started and things got bad when Obama was elected.

Let me inform you of something twinkletoes, blame BUSH SR for Afghanistan. The country actually was headed towards democracy WITHOUT our help, including womens rights and moving more Western in idiologies. When the Soviets tried to muscle in, well we supported...

Osama...

Thats right, we gave millions and arms to Osama as a "freedom fighter". Millions of Afghan citizens died and we can't fathom that. We can't fathom Mexico fighting Canada and millions of Americans dying.

OUr great govt backdoored their way to fight war in Afghanastan. If you don't want to read, at least watch "Charlie Wilson's War" on T.V.

We did not help establish ANYTHING. We stopped giving a fuck b/c we beat the USSR, you know that evil country. That country that no longer exists....

So it was RIPE for someone to come in and develop and take control and the TALIBAN did. They only RECENTLY gained power. They hate us b/c we turned our backs when it was time to rebuild then we started calling them terrorists.

Afghanistan IS the problem it NEVER was Iraq. There was NO TALIBAN STRONGHOLD IN IRAQ.

Obama is going after the REAL PROBLEM, not fooling Americans into going into Iraq so that SOB could get re-elected. Every intel has now said Iraq had no WMD, it should not have been done and even Bush apologized.

LOL at this! Forget about Sadam?

Public Enemy #1

Quote Originally Posted by JITB
    im not gonna waste my time.. just like noone else is in this trap door obama thread.
    Um because you cant do it? Dont act like Obama is great! Hell like someone already said, theres alot of conseratives/rep. that will admit fault in some of Bush's actions, but come on, your comparing Bush(8 years) against Obama(6 months!) No one can be that stupid to say that Obama is not one of the worst presidents to date! Hell alot of people blaimed Bush for the national debt, over the course of 8 years, but Obama has doubled it in 6 months.

I just find it funny that when Bush was in office and threads on here, when he was getting bashed for policies, decisions, the war, the debt everyone was on his ass. Now the shoes on the other foot. Obama is has already become worse in 6 months than Bush did in 8 years!

Hilarious Pictures

Hell least 1SICKLEX is coming back with legitamite points, even if he is not refuting alot of the points I posted!

Um because you cant do it? Dont act like Obama is great! Hell like someone already said, theres alot of conseratives/rep. that will admit fault in some of Bush's actions, but come on, your comparing Bush(8 years) against Obama(6 months!) No one can be that stupid to say that Obama is not one of the worst presidents to date! Hell alot of people blaimed Bush for the national debt, over the course of 8 years, but Obama has doubled it in 6 months.

I just find it funny that when Bush was in office and threads on here, when he was getting bashed for policies, decisions, the war, the debt everyone was on his ass. Now the shoes on the other foot. Obama is has already become worse in 6 months than Bush did in 8 years!

Hilarious Pictures

Hell least 1SICKLEX is coming back with legitamite points, even if he is not refuting alot of the points I posted!

ur right

I wouldn't say worst yet but sure is gaining on Carter in a hurry!

Public Enemy #1

Quote Originally Posted by zspeed24
    lol i was hoping no one would catch that part!

Quote Originally Posted by zspeed24
    You do realize Carter inhereited a disgraced whitehouse cough cough Nixon and then Ford and stagflation and a FED rate of 13%.

4 years couldn't fix it. Hell Reagan couldn't fix it in 4

Quote Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Osama...

But we should have left Iraq years ago after Saddam was gone right? Maybe if people didnt have their head so far up their ass they would see that Bush's policies actually worked.

FACT: 1/3 of all deaths in Iraq were NOT combat deaths like CNN would like you to believe. These were people that killed themselves being stupid, or were killed as a result of accidents.

FACT: no attacks on US possessions for almost 8 years. This is more than doubling the longest span since Carter took office.

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender
    Torture... fuck yes... prosecute. Cheney and the others behind it are war criminals as far as I'm concerned.
    I am all for prosecuting people for torture. All you have to do is find a case of torture. Not nearly as easy as you might think as nothing that was done at Gitmo is torture.

[QUOTE=Total_Blender]
    Health Care... I don't give a shit if ritchie-rich has an extra 3-5% off the top to pay for healthcare for those not fortunate enough to make $250k.
    Dont need to make 250k to get good healthcare. I make less than 50 before OT and I have some kick ass coverage.

If you want to be lazy and ask for a handout, get it from someone else. I'd let someone like that starve than give them the french fries I am throwing out anyways. Cant afford health insurance? Look in the mirror and only there. Looking back at you is 100% of the cause you cannot afford health insurance.

Deficit all comes down to Keynesian economics. Which is what got us out of the Great depression. You can't say "no it was WWII" because that was deficit spending from the gov't too.
    Actually it was WWII. The New Deal actually lengthened the Great Depression according to most economists.

I think the only forum that swings more conservative than this one is Georgia Outdoor News... where all the gun nuts are.

Lets talk about hypocrisy... Bush was "only president for 9 months" when 9/11 happened so of course none of that is his fault (even though there were Al Qaeda attacks on several embassies and the USS Cole in the months prior to 9/11). Obama has only been president for 6 months and everything is his fault now. Is there some kind of memo I missed somewhere?

Might want to check the time line again.

All 3 of those attacks happened on Clinton's watch and resulted in the response of a couple cruise missles fired at training camps we knew were already empty.

USS COle Oct. 12, 2000
    US Embassies in Tanzania, Nairobi, and Dar es Salaam Aug. 7, 1998

lol...i think the OP finally got hold of a decent chain letter...one he can use as his "ace in the hole" during his fight to bring down "THE MAN!" too bad it's STILL loaded with the same misleading, idiotic, rhetoric the "conservative" crowd is known for. it's really a shame...some of these anti obama/liberal shenanigans are painting an ugly picture of what the conservative party stands for...

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy
    FACT: no attacks on US possessions for almost 8 years. This is more than doubling the longest span since Carter took office.

come on jimmy, that's not even a fair statement. if you want to say that no one has stolen any more of our planes, crashed them into buildings, killing thousands of people for almost 8 years...then yes, i'll agree. any other such statement is completely false.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen
    come on jimmy, that's not even a fair statement. if you want to say that no one has stolen any more of our planes, crashed them into buildings, killing thousands of people for almost 8 years...then yes, i'll agree. any other such statement is completely false.
    I suppose that all depends on your interpretation of a terrorist attack is. I personally don't feel that things such as the DC sniper or Virginia tech shootings are "terrorist attacks."

Quote Originally Posted by JITB
    lol that wouldnt be a challenge...... i could do it for a month and double that list... but why?
    I want to call you out on this, let's see you do it

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy

Actually our embassies in some countries like Yemen and Qatar get attacked about twice a year. It happens so damn often its not even news anymore.

And I think the drop in attacks is because most of these guys are too busy trying to take over Pakistan to give us much trouble anywhere else.

Like I said in other threads... WWII was massive gov't deficit spending, combined with programs of rationing, etc.

Bush certainly knew about the attacks prior to 9/11 and he should have been prepared. Even if terrorism was a problem he inherited from Clinton, Bush himself handled it like a goddamn fool. The biggest platform of his campaign in 2000 was strengthening the military, national security, etc. But when it come time to handle a situation, he went about it all wrong and we are still paying the price.

What should he have done?

Public Enemy #1

Quote Originally Posted by stephen
    lol...i think the OP finally got hold of a decent chain letter...one he can use as his "ace in the hole" during his fight to bring down "THE MAN!" too bad it's STILL loaded with the same misleading, idiotic, rhetoric the "conservative" crowd is known for. it's really a shame...some of these anti obama/liberal shenanigans are painting an ugly picture of what the conservative party stands for...
    Again I hear more "these facts are false", but yet ONE of them has yet to be refuted!

Again I hear more "these facts are false", but yet ONE of them has yet to be refuted!
    Most of them are subjective B/S thats all in the way you perceive them. They are just opinions and not actually facts. And opinions are like assholes... etc

As far as the rest of the things like "doubling the nat'l debt" its the reason behind them that you are overlooking. Hell... most of the stimulus was tax cuts. Aren't you guys all for tax cuts?

Another large portion was loans to the banking and auto industries, which will be paid back with interest.

And as far as Cash For Clunkers goes... the Gov't collects taxes off of every vehicle sold, from the manufacturers, from the dealers, finance companies, etc etc... so its its not as big of a loss to taxpayers as you might think.

^ agreed. The "debt" from the stimulus is not the same thing as our debt to China. Who do you think all that money is going to? American corporations and people! Are you trying to tell me that America is in a huge debt to itself now so were screwed? It's an investment in the America economy unless you think companies can't spend that money better than the government.

Why would our leader bowing (a sign of respect, not subservience) to another country's leader be a bad thing? It's global politics not a playground. You don't show people how tough you are by sticking your tongue out at the bad kid.

Honestly I feel there are a lot of legitimate concerns people have about Obama but they are really getting overshadowed by other people's pettiness and bias. The original list is so obviously biased its hard to imagine it will have any affect or than preaching to the choir.

People do over shadow somethings. I do however disagree that when you "bow" to another leader its a sign of respect, it's not, it's a sign of submission, people bow to a king or queen to show servitude. If Obama is going to bow to the king of saudi arabia, then he should bow to the queen of England also, and not rub her back.

America is supposed to be the most powerful country on this planet, and we didn't get there by bowing to royalty.

Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    ^ agreed. The "debt" from the stimulus is not the same thing as our debt to China.
    Who do you think we got the money for the "stimulous" from? Why did Clinton head there begging for money immediately before the bill was passed?

Who do you think all that money is going to? American corporations and people!
    Actually a portion is going to democrat PAC's such as ACORN. Another large part is going to schools and colleges in the way of grants for studies. More is going to cities and states to cover budget shortfalls. Very little actually has any stimulative effect.

You should also know that most of the money is backloaded for 2010 and 2011 with the last being spent in 2012. How is that going to stimulate anything?

Are you trying to tell me that America is in a huge debt to itself now so were screwed?
    We are screwed because of the debt we owe to China. That debt will surpass our GDP by the end of Obama's reign unless there are massive budgetary changes. In FY 08 the govt blew over 410B just to pay interest on the national debt. I wonder what that number was when you add in the principle.

http://www.federalbudget.com/

It's an investment in the America economy unless you think companies can't spend that money better than the government.
    This is supposed to be sarcastic right? I mean, no one could be dumb enough to think this was a serious statement.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    Who do you think we got the money for the "stimulous" from? Why did Clinton head there begging for money immediately before the bill was passed?

Actually a portion is going to democrat PAC's such as ACORN. Another large part is going to schools and colleges in the way of grants for studies. More is going to cities and states to cover budget shortfalls. Very little actually has any stimulative effect.

You should also know that most of the money is backloaded for 2010 and 2011 with the last being spent in 2012. How is that going to stimulate anything?

We are screwed because of the debt we owe to China. That debt will surpass our GDP by the end of Obama's reign unless there are massive budgetary changes. In FY 08 the govt blew over 410B just to pay interest on the national debt. I wonder what that number was when you add in the principle.

http://www.federalbudget.com/

This is supposed to be sarcastic right? I mean, no one could be dumb enough to think this was a serious statement.

As I said before "It's not that our liberal friends are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Nice to see someone else with the foresight and intelligence to properly respond to some of this liberal propaganda

Quote Originally Posted by Justin51982 View Post
    People do over shadow somethings. I do however disagree that when you "bow" to another leader its a sign of respect, it's not, it's a sign of submission, people bow to a king or queen to show servitude. .
    You are wrong. Fighters bow before the fight begins in martial arts competitions... how is either competitor showing "submission" to the other in that scenario.

It was also customary at one time for gentlemen in the western world to bow to one another as a greeting.

I don't know what the context was for Obama "bowing to the king". Because Bush did it too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7yhR...eature=related

and Bush has walked holding hands with the king, hugged him and rubbed his back, even kissed the guy on the cheek before. Apparently the king is a big fan of PDA.

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender View Post
    You are wrong. Fighters bow before the fight begins in martial arts competitions... how is either competitor showing "submission" to the other in that scenario.

It was also customary at one time for gentlemen in the western world to bow to one another as a greeting.

I don't know what the context was for Obama "bowing to the king". Because Bush did it too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7yhR...eature=related

and Bush has walked holding hands with the king, hugged him and rubbed his back, even kissed the guy on the cheek before. Apparently the king is a big fan of PDA.
    You can pick apart and choose parts that you want to disagree with, but you left out the fact that he did not treat the Queen of England, one of our biggest allies with that same "respect".

Besides, as YOU said, fighters bow to EACH OTHER and gentlemen used to bow to EACH OTHER as a greeting. Do you see the key difference? Bowing to EACH OTHER show's equal signs of respect, bowing down to someone, and them NOT bowing back to you is a sign of submission.

If your messiah Obama bows to the Saudi King and not the Queen of England, I would say his actions are not only submissive, but hypocritical.

Based on what YOU are saying, because he bowed to the Saudi king, he is showing respect, which in turn must mean that him NOT bowing the Elizabeth is a sign of DISRESPECT.

Major faux pas on his part.

Based on what YOU are saying, because he bowed to the Saudi king, he is showing respect, which in turn must mean that him NOT bowing the Elizabeth is a sign of DISRESPECT.

Major faux pas on his part.
    I never said he bowed to the king. When I used the word "bowed" I used quotation marks because I was quoting the crazy right wingers.

How exactly did he disrespect the Queen? Since she issued a statement specifically saying that the Obamas did NOT disrespect her, apparently you know something about her that she herself does not... so lets hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender View Post
    I never said he bowed to the king. When I used the word "bowed" I used quotation marks because I was quoting the crazy right wingers.

How exactly did he disrespect the Queen? Since she issued a statement specifically saying that the Obamas did NOT disrespect her, apparently you know something about her that she herself does not... so lets hear it.
    We shall continue this discussion when I get back, I have to go out to Winder to meet with a client.

Someone has to pay for all the welfare and government programs.

We shall continue this discussion when I get back, I have to go out to Winder to meet with a client.

Someone has to pay for all the welfare and government programs.
    Yeah, all those god awful social programs you use every day like public schools, fire departments, police offices, the post office, interstate highways etc etc.

LMAO at you guys! This is exactly what the politicians do everyday; bicker and banter to no end.

Why don't you guys get a meet going once a month to discuss and draft a solution doctrine! Yeah, yeah....and go off to Capital Hill and present it.

DBlock

Quote Originally Posted by AirMax95 View Post
    Why don't you guys get a meet going once a month to discuss and draft a soultion doctrine! Yeah, yeah....and go off to Capital Hill and present it.
    man peeps are so sour over this there will prolly be fist fights....1

Quote Originally Posted by blackboi50 View Post
    man peeps are so sour over this there will prolly be fist fights....1
    I guess it doesn't really matter anyway, we are all entitled to our own opinions. Sometimes it is nice to have discussions with opposing views, that way each person can open their minds a little bit, if they want to.

Even so, I don't think us posting on here is going to make much difference anyway.

Public Enemy #1

I guess it doesn't really matter anyway, we are all entitled to our own opinions. Sometimes it is nice to have discussions with opposing views, that way each person can open their minds a little bit, if they want to.

Even so, I don't think us posting on here is going to make much difference anyway.
    Dam I actually forgot about this thread! But that line is oh so true!

As I said before "It's not that our liberal friends are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Nice to see someone else with the foresight and intelligence to properly respond to some of this liberal propaganda
    This is exactly what's wrong with politics today. I am a registered republican (although more liberal on some social issues) who believes in small government but because I didn't follow stritct party lines on this issue I am now accused of preaching "liberal propaganda". Would it really be so bad to leave words like "liberal" or "conservative" out of your response and just say he made a good reply?

I actually agree with a lot of what Jimmy was saying. Part of the problem was that my post wasn't intended to be taken quite so literal (my fault). For example, I know that it's not only private businesses that received the stimulus money but my point was is that a lot of it is, and much of that which is not is being invested in infrastructure and education which I see as important for our future economy.

I was also trying to make another general point which is that our national debt is not the same as personal debts. We will always be in debt simply because of the way our federal reserve works. Also, what do you think would happen if China tried to call in our debt to them (not that they would want to try and bankrupt their biggest customer)? You think we would start selling all our assets to pay them back the way citizens do?

This is exactly what's wrong with politics today. I am a registered republican (although more liberal on some social issues) who believes in small government but because I didn't follow stritct party lines on this issue I am now accused of preaching "liberal propaganda". Would it really be so bad to leave words like "liberal" or "conservative" out of your response and just say he made a good reply?

I actually agree with a lot of what Jimmy was saying. Part of the problem was that my post wasn't intended to be taken quite so literal (my fault). For example, I know that it's not only private businesses that received the stimulus money but my point was is that a lot of it is, and much of that which is not is being invested in infrastructure and education which I see as important for our future economy.

I was also trying to make another general point which is that our national debt is not the same as personal debts. We will always be in debt simply because of the way our federal reserve works. Also, what do you think would happen if China tried to call in our debt to them (not that they would want to try and bankrupt their biggest customer)? You think we would start selling all our assets to pay them back the way citizens do?
    Amen brother Amen!!!!

[QUOTE=bu villain;38267751]This is exactly what's wrong with politics today. I am a registered republican (although more liberal on some social issues) who believes in small government but because I didn't follow stritct party lines on this issue I am now accused of preaching "liberal propaganda". Would it really be so bad to leave words like "liberal" or "conservative" out of your response and just say he made a good reply?[QUOTE]

That wasn't my quote, it was Regan's, and it is true. I am, however, about over this thread. It becomes exhasperating.

Ok if anybody really wants to solve anything on both sides get every senator and congressman who has been around for more than 2 terms and get them off capitol hill. for real After so long its all personal gain anyway. America voted the GOP lost and you guys are bitching as much as the Liberals were when Bush won. I dont agree with either side on a lot of things because honestly all bullshit aside nobody up there does what they are asupposed to do half the time til something bad happens. Pelosi is a fucking moron and the GOP excell at putting their foot in their mouths half the time. Universal Healthcare is not going to pass because funding and lack of a means to handle it. my opinon is funding could have came if we enacted the fair tax but very few people put up for that because whould that not solve the immigration problem because they would be paying taxes no matter what and that could go to more currently existing social programs. Not to mention funding defense because tax evasion would be hard. Sure shit will go up but its not like it isnt anyway that's the way the market goes. i applaud both presidents (bush for his persistence in pursuing those that harm us and Obama for at least attempting to help the middle class) but lets face it they arent without flaws. no man is so how foolish are you guys to put the full blame on either party when both parties could have solved many problems ages ago if they got off their ass and stopped pointing fingers?

Quote Originally Posted by 0p7!mu5 View Post
    Ok if anybody really wants to solve anything on both sides get every senator and congressman who has been around for more than 2 terms and get them off capitol hill. for real After so long its all personal gain anyway. America voted the GOP lost and you guys are bitching as much as the Liberals were when Bush won. I dont agree with either side on a lot of things because honestly all bullshit aside nobody up there does what they are asupposed to do half the time til something bad happens. Pelosi is a fucking moron and the GOP excell at putting their foot in their mouths half the time. Universal Healthcare is not going to pass because funding and lack of a means to handle it. my opinon is funding could have came if we enacted the fair tax but very few people put up for that because whould that not solve the immigration problem because they would be paying taxes no matter what and that could go to more currently existing social programs. Not to mention funding defense because tax evasion would be hard. Sure shit will go up but its not like it isnt anyway that's the way the market goes. i applaud both presidents (bush for his persistence in pursuing those that harm us and Obama for at least attempting to help the middle class) but lets face it they arent without flaws. no man is so how foolish are you guys to put the full blame on either party when both parties could have solved many problems ages ago if they got off their ass and stopped pointing fingers?
    Even though I had to sift through the mess, I understand what you are saying.

I still say screw "parties".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12