Thread: Obamacare (Healthcare Reform)

Default Obamacare (Healthcare Reform)

I know there are a lot of views and opinions regarding the nationalization of our healthcare system.

Personally, I do not agree with it. I see a lot of major problems that would stem from nationalizing our healthcare system.

If you more or less feel the same way, Georgia gubernatiorial candidate John Oxendine has put together a petition against Obamacare, and plans to deliver it to Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid at the next session.

This petition is NOT limited to just Georgia and so if you choose to sign it, pass it along to gain more support.

Sign John Oxendine's Petition against Obamacare.

Signed.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

I really hope more of you sign this. This healthcare program can ruin us if put into effect.

I really hope more of you sign this. This healthcare program can ruin us if put into effect.

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

You seem to be awfully concerned with the Gubernatorial race and issues surrounding Oxendine. Are you in fact him, or one of his relatives?

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender
    You seem to be awfully concerned with the Gubernatorial race and issues surrounding Oxendine. Are you in fact him, or one of his relatives?
    Haha, I am not him, nor am I related to him in any way, shape or form. I don't even work for him.

I do however know him on both a personal and professional level. I'm also in Insurance, so I have to know a lot of what he stands for as Insurance Commissioner.

I just know that the man is a good choice for Georgia, and I happily and knowingly support him.

We can't change a lot of what is going on in the US right now, but we can voice and change what happens in out state.

But to answer the question, no, I am not related nor am I him.

I hope you people are signing this

signed

i drive a giant blueberry preferredduck's Avatar

signed, sealed, and delivered. if the insurance companies are running adds supporting his plan then something id fishy esp since they don't like to lose profits.
    Check out my for sale threads!! 15" competition speakerbox, 1TB External hard drive, and plenty of car parts!!!

I Need some WRX, 350Z, 240SX, Really any car owner to let me do R&D for Ground Kits, Please Let me See the layouts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by preferredduck
    signed, sealed, and delivered. if the insurance companies are running adds supporting his plan then something id fishy esp since they don't like to lose profits.
    Insurance companies do not support this. I work in insurance and Life and Health product carry the biggest profit margin

Quote Originally Posted by Justin51982 View Post
    Insurance companies do not support this. I work in insurance and Life and Health product carry the biggest profit margin
    you have not seen the TV and radio adds that are endorsed by the insurance companies of america. seriously watch CNN and i bet you will see it. it says the companies want to compromise with obama on healthcare, no shit man. it blew my mind completly. did you know that bcbs, humana, UHC, all do medicare claims and medicaid claims so they already do work for the gov't.
    Check out my for sale threads!! 15" competition speakerbox, 1TB External hard drive, and plenty of car parts!!!

I Need some WRX, 350Z, 240SX, Really any car owner to let me do R&D for Ground Kits, Please Let me See the layouts!!!

I had my friends Heywood Jablome, Dick Fitzwell, and Dickens Cider sign your petition.

Banned

signed

bump

burp (Thai food for lunch)

Signed that one a long time ago. Oh and GO OX!! I really would like the removal of state income tax in favor of a system like in Florida!!
    ---Mike

Signed.. Trust me.. As someone that is from Canada.. you DO NOT want Universal HealthCare!!! Free = you get what you pay for.

I had some more friends sign:

Buster Hymen
    Ginger Bush
    Dixon Cox
    Mike Hunt
    Lou Svajenaa
    Cy Phillis
    Dee Snuts

I can't wait to see the look on Nancy Pelosi's face when she sees Dee Snuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender View Post
    I had some more friends sign:

Buster Hymen
    Ginger Bush
    Dixon Cox
    Mike Hunt
    Lou Svajenaa
    Cy Phillis
    Dee Snuts

I can't wait to see the look on Nancy Pelosi's face when she sees Dee Snuts.
    I'm so proud you are able to google names like that just so you can post them on here, what are you 12?

I disagree with a lot of things in the proposed healthcare reform bill. The only question I have is what do you all think is a solution if you don't agree. I think one of the best options is to let insurance companies cross state lines and make rates more competitive. In addition it is my understanding that costs for Medicaid/Medicare claims are falsely inflated in order to get the best payout possible. This is in terms of drug pricing and medical coding. Having fixed pricing on drugs for these programs would allow better control of costs.

notice now in the news they mentionj more about "insurance" reform than anything. the insurance companies will make money if the gov't changes things, they will back the gov't just as they do now and do underwritting, have board physicians that will decide whether you have a brain tumor (refer to sicko) and it will be the same or worse than it is now. they will have to charge some sort of premium for the "46 million" uninsured which half are illegal anyways, maybe they figure it's a numbers game and also collect taxes on the 30 million illegal aliens too.

If America was a healthy nation as a people, then a nationalized healthcare system would work for everyone's benefit however, since Americans are fat, obese, and diseased to hell... then no a nationalized healthcare system will not work for the simple fact that even as a nation, we cannot support the government and government run programs like Medicare and Medicaid... much less a full on health insurance system.

Let me illustrate, I have a friend that works in underwriting at a Major health insurance company... the way that rates are determined are by taking the entire population of a company and the population's family (spouse, kids, etc)... with that factored in... if a person's kid has cancer, the insurance company knows that it will cost them significantly more for this kid that has cancer... so in order simply break even over the year... the rate for everyone within that company is adjusted to compensate for the treatments that this kid will need... of course they will charge more to increase profits.

Now taken as a whole the entire population of the country... those who are sick, obese, diabetic, etc... will make all the rates go higher, both for themselves and everyone else. Again, were everyone healthy and fit, then the rates would go down as a population. Insurance isn't going away, just changing brands.

I agree with that to a point. Regardless, there needs to be reform to an extent. Nationalized Health care, no I'm not for that. regulate the morons who sue for everything, this brings med. malpractice insurance down. Then regulate the drug companies so that the drug prices are reasonable. I have good insurance, and recently had H1N1, the tamiflu they gave me cost me $86 out of pocket, after insurance picked up their portion. This was for one week. That is a little pricey, not to mention the $2800 hospital visit when my temp. got to 104. I am all for free enterprise, but collusion on medical services I am against.

At UGA, students (and their spouses) have doctor visits at the health center, sports medicine, and women's clinic covered by a portion of their fees. They also get discounted scrips and services like physical therapy.

I had the flu and a temperature of 105 deg. a couple of years ago. Doctor visit was covered and the tamiflu and other meds were out of pocket. I got some "purple drank" cough syrup, hydrocodone, and tylenol too, I think my grand total was like $100.

UGA can do this for 33,000 people with a $191 fee per semester... which amounts to about $50/mo. Pretty amazing when you realize we don't even have a medical school.

If the most mis-managed "good 'ol boy" institution in the state government can provide affordable, semi-decent care for the $33,000 people it serves, you'd think private insurance could do it better.

There is also a pragmatic side to this issue. We all agree that things need to change and since it seems like passing the republican bill is impossible in the next few years, is it better to have the democratic bill or none at all? This is a rhetorical question by the way.