Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Obama ...........delusional? or just outright deceitful

I dont think hes an evil sadistic person TRYING to do wrong. I think hes ignorant, immature on issues, doesnt understand the problems/concerns, naive , thinks govt can take care of everyone.

I think Bush was a nice guy i could have a beer with and converse. I bet Obama is too.

Too bad thats not the quality we need in a president
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd
    Too bad thats not the quality we need in a president

Do you honestly think someone with the proper skills, honor, and mentality to be a great president would put themselves and family through the smear campaign that has become a presidential election?

Until an election becomes more than who can spend the most money to smear their opponent, we will continue to get the same quality of people running for office.

Patience Pays...

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy
    Do you honestly think someone with the proper skills, honor, and mentality to be a great president would put themselves and family through the smear campaign that has become a presidential election?

Until an election becomes more than who can spend the most money to smear their opponent, we will continue to get the same quality of people running for office.
    And that is just it, politics isn't for good people.. its for those who can play the game. Doesn't matter if the president is black, red, yellow or brown at the end of the day they are politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by tony
    And that is just it, politics isn't for good people.. its for those who can play the game. Doesn't matter if the president is black, red, yellow or brown at the end of the day they are politicians.
    Yet everyday we wonder how we got into the messes we are in now. Every 2 years we vote egotistical, power hungry people into positions of power because they know how to 'play the game'.

Yet everyday we wonder how we got into the messes we are in now. Every 2 years we vote egotistical, power hungry people into positions of power because they know how to 'play the game'.
    Tony, Vtekkid, Bangin... lets all rejoice to know that we've just been played... I'm glad politicians know how to play the game and Americans as a whole don't, phew!... What would the game be like for the general populace that would actually involve REAL LIFE... the game with real people, with real issues, with real families who go through real dilemmas and real struggles... and politicians are just playing games... Oh wait... that's reality television isn't it? WOW! (full of sarcasm here...)

After reading the first 6 pages, if this thing goes through, my wife and I are... shall we say... f*****

My wife is employed with one of the largest health insurance providers out there. If private insurance is tanked because of this bill... they'll cut jobs left and right. If she looses her job (she is the bread winner between us) then we'll not be able to pay our mortgage. (but i'm glad obama will allow us to rent our house from the gov't... right?) So we'll lose our house, income, probably our car cuz we can't pay for that anymore... be forced to move into my parents double-wide in South Carolina... not be able to find a job up there cuz economy sucks even more up there than in ATL.

Even penny we do make will be taxed to hell (cuz let's be honest... the "rich" know how to make themselves "look" not rich... because they're smart with money... so why wouldn't they NOT know)... so we'll be taxed to hell because they can't collect enough money for whatever freakin reason the gov't says they need money.

Thanks Obama... for being the saving grace of America... I've still yet to see my raise in my unemployment checks from the stimulus package... OH WAIT... you need that money from taxes first before you can give me that raise??? OH!!! Well... here's $2500 dollars in taxes from unemployment and I get to have that $550/year raise now, right?

I think Whoopi says it best... Here's to you TONY!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rWNlaxrwyg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDd1zmKu64U

Her a$$ voted for this!

Senior Member | IA Veteran

i was listening to the Ricky Smiley morning show and they said the only reason Obama hasnt changed the world is because the white man is rejecting all of his proposals because he's black.

Patience Pays...

You really think Ricky Smiley is a credible source on Politics?

Patience Pays...

Quote Originally Posted by ahabion

My wife is employed with one of the largest health insurance providers out there. If private insurance is tanked because of this bill... they'll cut jobs left and right. If she looses her job (she is the bread winner between us) then we'll not be able to pay our mortgage. (but i'm glad obama will allow us to rent our house from the gov't... right?) So we'll lose our house, income, probably our car cuz we can't pay for that anymore... be forced to move into my parents double-wide in South Carolina... not be able to find a job up there cuz economy sucks even more up there than in ATL.

!
    Now how do you figure? If anything there will be a much greater demand for those in the healthcare industry. See this is my issue, you guys argue against this without even understanding the plan. THIS IS NOT A SINGLE PAYER PLAN! Hell I wish it was but it is not, therefor it does not wipe out private insurance companies. So much panic over nothing.

Now how do you figure? If anything there will be a much greater demand for those in the healthcare industry.
    When a nurse's salary is cappe out at 35k a ear or so, it will prevent most people from going into an RN program that costs 75k.

The same is true of the doctor who will have his payments cut because the govt is out of money in Oct.

See this is my issue, you guys argue against this without even understanding the plan. THIS IS NOT A SINGLE PAYER PLAN! Hell I wish it was but it is not, therefor it does not wipe out private insurance companies. So much panic over nothing.
    Let me try this for the 4th or 5th time. Lets say company A sells its product to other companies costing $xx and all the sudden the govt steps in and sells the same product for less, and at the same time hits company A's customers with an added tax on that product. How long do you really think Company A can stay in business?

Now imagine that company A makes up 17% of our GDP.

Now how do you figure? If anything there will be a much greater demand for those in the healthcare industry. See this is my issue, you guys argue against this without even understanding the plan. THIS IS NOT A SINGLE PAYER PLAN! Hell I wish it was but it is not, therefor it does not wipe out private insurance companies. So much panic over nothing.
    Don't mistake HEALTH CARE with HEALTH INSURANCE... two totally different concepts. The healthcare in America is outstanding... ANYONE can go into a hospital and get the care and medical attention they need in order to save a life. Immigrants can go come into America and have a baby with NO Insurance, NO Coverage, NO Cash and still receive medical attention... think about that... Kids with poor parents but got their arms broken playing football, teens with a gunshot wound from their friends, adults who are homeless and alone can all get medical attention... What these people DON'T want is the bill that comes afterwards (where insurance, coverage, medicaid) would have kicked in.

With the government now giving everyone coverage, HEALTH INSURANCE will no longer be needed since everyone has universal coverage. So what happens when health insurance is no longer needed... (supply/demand?) So what happens to people working in the insurance industry?

Companies who cannot pay the fine or simply doesn't find it feasible financially to pay taxes on the coverage they offer will drop private insurance. Private insurance companies will need to raise rates in order to stay afloat from all the loss of income from their clients (companies) and will be pushed out by the government because of universal coverage.

Since you are military, you should be familiar with the F-22 development at Lockheed Martin. My wife's employer (confidential info ), is the insurance company that insures the employees there currently. IF the universal coverage goes into affect, Lockheed Martin will drop (un-named insurance company) as a health insurer and go with the government plan. Now multiply that by over 9000 (because "this company" has that much in just one plan) and think about the revenue streams that would be lost to that... Large companies like Home Depot, Bank of America, Swift, Boeing, Southwest, etc will drop this insurer and go to the government plan... how is this helping the private insurance sector like Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, Signa, Kaiser, etc??? How is being UNEMPLOYED good for me and my wife? How is Obama's plan GOOD for me and my wife if we can't pay bills? How is this GOOD for anyone who is happy with the service and coverage they get NOW from the above insurance companies?

F*** the people who can't afford to pay for coverage right now... tell me Tony, how is this GOOD for the working man with a wife and kids? How is this GOOD for single moms that need to rush their infant to the ER but can't because she is a lotto number with the hundreds of people in front of her? How is this GOOD for the elderly that needs their medication NOW or within a few weeks but WILL THEN need to wait over a year before they can get it?

MOST HATED

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15
    i was listening to the Ricky Smiley morning show and they said the only reason Obama hasnt changed the world is because the white man is rejecting all of his proposals because he's black.

People say the dumbest shit.
    You know, for all the defending Black ppl I do on a regular basis, when public figures say shit like that, I can't help but to sit back and laugh at their utter and complete stupidity. I hope he wasn't being serious.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyFresco

People say the dumbest shit.
    You know, for all the defending Black ppl I do on a regular basis, when public figures say shit like that, I can't help but to sit back and laugh at their utter and complete stupidity. I hope he wasn't being serious.
    Ricky Smiley is a comedian that does grat communtiy service. Politics from him is going to be ignorance.

MOST HATED

Quote Originally Posted by AirMax95
    Ricky Smiley is a comedian that does grat communtiy service. Politics from him is going to be ignorance.
    Political discussions on any radio station meant solely for entertainment is going to be asinine, regardless.

Certified Gearhead

Don't mistake HEALTH CARE with HEALTH INSURANCE... two totally different concepts. The healthcare in America is outstanding... ANYONE can go into a hospital and get the care and medical attention they need in order to save a life. Immigrants can go come into America and have a baby with NO Insurance, NO Coverage, NO Cash and still receive medical attention... think about that...
    Damn I just spent an 2hours reading 170 posts and you took the words right out of my mouth. lol
    Who's not covered? As mentioned earlier the gov't will pick up the tab and it costs way less in teh low hudy billions not a few trillion. Care remains the same...
    My suggestions to this debacle:
    Tort reform I know it was mentioned several times
    let the folks shop for insurance cross state lines - competition always lowers price
    Ban any inquiry to pre-existing condition - This and referrals is more than 30% of the overhead.
    I mean shit I don't go to the dr unless I am near death or cant function, I have been with the same ins for 15yrs. Recently I thought I blew out my knee and they battled for months whether this was pre-existing. They have insured me for a little less than half my life DONT THEY FUCKING KNOW!

I am pleased with the care I receive now and if the above and other ideas that simply wont come to mind after 2hrs of reading are solved voila surely that can get us close enough to insuring those in need or something acceptable.

Now to stray just a bit as some have:
    they ram these bills down our throats without even reading them, this is permanent until we change the landscape and 6mo in this is a minimum 2yr wait.
    Reducing taxes on everyone is immediate, had they chosen that road it could have been implemented in < 2weeks. Give it a little time and if it doesn't work LIKE TARP, TARP2, Omnibus, stimulus, whatever else BS has been forced on us, then move on to something else. I don't know what is going to fix this but whats going on now is fucking insane. We have massive debt LETS SPEND LIKE FUCKING CRAZY!

The Lies, fucking lies this dude has told is unfucking real. The tactics of his administration are unfathomable. I mean damn the mainstream media that got him elected are even gettin fed up.
    /rant

Patience Pays...

Let me try this for the 4th or 5th time. Lets say company A sells its product to other companies costing $xx and all the sudden the govt steps in and sells the same product for less, and at the same time hits company A's customers with an added tax on that product. How long do you really think Company A can stay in business?
    UPS and FedEx do just fine.

Because they can provide their serv ice at a competitive price. That will not be the case with healthcare because the current piece of proposed legislation will fine companies for not offering coverage or tax them at a higher rate if they do. How long would fed ex and ups stay in business they had to add 8% to their prices?

UPS and FedEx do just fine.
    Next time you want to send $1000 worth of stuff, I'd like to see you use USPS! or how bout you send $1000 cash via USPS in a security envelope and see if the recipient gets it... hell I can't even send a $300 check via USPS without someone actually ripping it open and ripping the check along with it (happened 3 times, isolated incident? I'm sure). But you wouldn't get that with UPS or FedEX because all packages are tracked and covered with insurance... yea yea you can insure your USPS documents and you can get tracking on it too but gov't can't keep the same level assurance and guarantee that private organizations can (like next day air, early AM delivery OR YOUR MONEY BACK)... I'd end up paying more to get a lawyer before I get a dime from USPS.... besides, they don't call it snail mail for nothin'.

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

But USPS works fine for sending regular letters and paying bills. Its better than nothing, and when it comes to health insurance, much of the country has nothing.

Next time you want to send $1000 worth of stuff, I'd like to see you use USPS! or how bout you send $1000 cash via USPS in a security envelope and see if the recipient gets it... hell I can't even send a $300 check via USPS without someone actually ripping it open and ripping the check along with it (happened 3 times, isolated incident? I'm sure). But you wouldn't get that with UPS or FedEX because all packages are tracked and covered with insurance... yea yea you can insure your USPS documents and you can get tracking on it too but gov't can't keep the same level assurance and guarantee that private organizations can (like next day air, early AM delivery OR YOUR MONEY BACK)... I'd end up paying more to get a lawyer before I get a dime from USPS.... besides, they don't call it snail mail for nothin'.
    So you arguing that private health insurance companies will still be fine if there is a govt option because they can provide better service and thus some people will be willing to pay the higher prices, right?

If that is the case then Malpractice Lawsuits should not be capped either, you can cap their liability but not their salary? Interesting..

On Obama's plan, its one of those either you're against it or for it. If you're paying $200+ a month for medical insurance I don't see why anyone in that situation would be against reform. As I stated before, other countries rising economically have a universal plan and the healthcare industry is flourishing in those countries. All I can say is I support the universal plan that benefits those who have a harder time affording coverage rather than the current plan where people like myself can afford coverage but those that have lower wages and a larger family cannot.
    Have you ever known someone that had to use another countries "universal(socialized)" health plan. I have family that lives in Ireland they have this kind of system. One of my in laws has had polio since she was a child and since this system has been started she can no longer recieve the treatment she is supposed to get to maintain a semi-normal life in the assisted living facility that she lives in. they now have deemed her to have lived far past her expected life span and have taken away 95 percent of her meds... all except her pain meds. I also had an uncle who had a hernia that needed surgery but because he wasn't a laborer and he worked in an office he was forced to wait nine months to recieve the surgery. Is this really the kind of system we need here. personally if i am sick and i need to be treated i should be able to get the treatment i need as soon as I can.
    Just my exp/op though.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345